PDA

View Full Version : whos ff most pathetic villin

cloud101
05-17-2006, 09:45 PM
everyone always gose on about whos the worst villin i want to know whos the most pathetic villin it dosnt have to b a main bose just a villin i dont really know :confused:

sephiroth64
05-17-2006, 09:48 PM
got to b either kefka from 6 (cause u can't take a clown seriously) or palmer from 7 (cause he keeps smacking his butt and then gets run over by a truck?!?):mad2:

~SapphireStar~
05-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I didnt like Kuja. He didnt feel as threatening to me as the other villians did. I couldnt take him seriously, he just annoyed me.

leon123
05-17-2006, 11:13 PM
biggs and wedge from ff 8 cause they are incompitent

DJZen
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Sephiroth. He's more obnoxiously whiney and emo than Cloud, he's a total pawn for Jenova, and he never even did most of the bad things that people associate him with (killing Aeris, for example). He's ultimately just a silly prat with an unwieldly large sword and way too much materia.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-17-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree with Sephiroth. He's just not that great a villain. Possibly a lot of my opinion on this is how jaded I am on the ridiculous amount of hype he gets, but really, he's neither a believable, nor particularily good character.

As best as I can tell, he was essentially completely under the control of Jenova. All of "his" actions were the work of Jenova. Sephiroth himself is a frozen corpse in the Northern Crater.

What really annoys me about Sephiroth, however, is his character "development."

You walk into Nibelheim and he seems a rather stoic but generally nice guy. Then he reads all of the books in one night and then suddenly thinks that everything in the world needs to die.

OK. That's a bit of a stretch for me. Actually, that's a HUGE stretch for me. I REFUSE to believe that anybody, be it part of a fantasy setting or not, can go from generally decent, upstanding person to "KILL EVERYTHING!!!!!" in one night. It just doesn't happen. It struck me as a complete and utter cop-out. It doesn't work and it doesn't make for a believeable or even moderately menacing villain. It's something straight out of Generic Villainy 101: the person that wants to destroy the world for some inexplicable reason.

DarkLadyNyara
05-18-2006, 07:45 AM
You walk into Nibelheim and he seems a rather stoic but generally nice guy. Then he reads all of the books in one night and then suddenly thinks that everything in the world needs to die.

Yeaaah, that does seem kinda contrived. I have the same issue with Brahne from IX, what with the whole "she had a pure soul 'till Kuja came along" bit. :rolleyes2

The one I reeeeally don't like, though, is Leon/ The Dark Knight from II. As if him being a traitor for no conceivable reason wasn't enough, he goes from "Do you know what rules the world? Power, sheer power!" to "Let's fight the Emperor together!" in literally less than two minutes. AND THEY LET HIM!!! :rolleyes2

sephiroth64
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
how can you say such things i much prefer sephiroth as a enemy than some of the people on the shinra (at least he seemed more threatening)

NeoCracker
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Rufus was a much better villian then Sephiroth. He was kinda crappy to me. In FF he's definately the worst.

sephiroth64
05-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Rufus was a much better villian then Sephiroth. He was kinda crappy to me. In FF he's definately the worst.
yeah Rufus was alright but im talking about the rest of them

cloud101
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
from what ive seen rufus dosent seem as bad as sephiroth i personaly thought rufus dad was much worse he destroed a whole sector just to get rid of a tiny teoist group

pyro psychosis
05-18-2006, 02:43 PM
i'd say seymor. he wasn't even really a threat to the world. just in the way. and the friggin' moose antlers? come on....

Twilight Edge
05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
3)Biggs and Wedge(FFVIII)--Woot?How these two retards be bosses?
2)Palmer(FFVII)--Serves you right for getting run over by a truck after smacking your arse.
1)Seymour(FFX)--Seymour makes me puke.A lot.

Elpizo
05-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Why would we complain about villains? It all comes down at personal opinion again. Will bad villains ruin a for the rest terrific game for you?

We have better and less villains, but I never had a villain I said: "God, what were they thinking at SE when they made this guy/girl?"

Sure, Kefka is a clown and perhaps he acts pathetic, that's just because he being infused with Magitec drove his grey cells nuts. Now he just wants to destroy all life because he finds it unworthy.
Sephiroth, yeah, I give it, he's a big baby with an enormous sword. He can't even destroy the world by himself, he needed a big rock for it. So? He still is cool to slaughter and has some nice battle music (Birth of a God, One-Winged Angel).
Kuja, he dresses like a girl. You say his intentions aren't threatening? Ahem, is blowing up a world all by yourself (take an example from him, Sephiroth! Well, except when it comes to clothes) not bad? And after that, he wants to destroy all, thinking: "If I die, everything goes with me."
I can't say a thing about the VIII, X, X-2 villains, since I never played them.
However, which I is also considered a very bad and pathetic villain, is this huge armoured guy we know as ExDeath (or Exodus, for that matter). The thing everybody hates about him is his name. People, wake up. What for a name is Chaos? or Cloud of Darkness? This guy actually cleared teh way for Kefka. I liked him. He was even better than Zeromus. Big Z, ExDeath and Kefka all share the same goal in the end, did ya notice?

Well, that all aside, nobody who will botehr to read this, it comes down on personal opinion. For me, not a single villain is 'pathetic'. You have better and less good villains. But all were good, in a way. So... Yeah...

DeathKnight
05-18-2006, 09:39 PM
I didnt like Kuja. He didnt feel as threatening to me as the other villians did. I couldnt take him seriously, he just annoyed me.

My thoughts exactly.

You know what's funny 'bout him and the game. From beginning 'till like the 3rd disc..I NEVER EVER thought he was the viallain in this game? I thought Brahne was the real viallain here. Kuja was a freak(wearing a thong) who just appeared here and there and never really make sense 'till the 4th disc.

I think Kuja is mentally handicapped.

I agree with Sephiroth. He's just not that great a villain. Possibly a lot of my opinion on this is how jaded I am on the ridiculous amount of hype he gets, but really, he's neither a believable, nor particularily good character.

As best as I can tell, he was essentially completely under the control of Jenova. All of "his" actions were the work of Jenova. Sephiroth himself is a frozen corpse in the Northern Crater.

What really annoys me about Sephiroth, however, is his character "development."

OK. That's a bit of a stretch for me. Actually, that's a HUGE stretch for me. I REFUSE to believe that anybody, be it part of a fantasy setting or not, can go from generally decent, upstanding person to "KILL EVERYTHING!!!!!" in one night. It just doesn't happen. It struck me as a complete and utter cop-out. It doesn't work and it doesn't make for a believeable or even moderately menacing villain. It's something straight out of Generic Villainy 101: the person that wants to destroy the world for some inexplicable reason.

quoted for truth.

Sephiroth like Kuja seems to be mentally handicapped or controlled, they don't have wills of their own, everything is based on other things and believes and controlled emotions, it's pathetic if you ask me, the SHINRA party seemed like more of a danger to the world than Sephiroth.

Fantasy Fan
05-18-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't think any are stupid. But I didn't like the fact that the villians in VIII are 3 sorceresses, Edea, Ultimecia, Adel? But VIII makes up for it with a bitchin ending :D

Chris
05-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I didn't really care for Sephiroth that much either. He did some hellbend on defining the phrase "EMO." :D

Edit: And yeah! What's up with the "villain" in FFVIII? I had no clue as to were the original villain through much of the game. On my first play through that is!

Psychotic
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
X-Death/exDeath. "Roar! I am an evil tree! I want to destroy the world because...um...tree?"

DarkLadyNyara
05-19-2006, 12:56 AM
(take an example from him, Sephiroth! Well, except when it comes to clothes)
I now have a mental image of Sephiroth dressed like Kuja. :D

You know what's funny 'bout him and the game. From beginning 'till like the 3rd disc..I NEVER EVER thought he was the viallain in this game? I thought Brahne was the real viallain here.
I actually found that impressive, Kuja working behind the sceans like that. Maybe if more villans did that, they'd be more sucessful. ;)

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-19-2006, 03:27 AM
You know what's funny 'bout him and the game. From beginning 'till like the 3rd disc..I NEVER EVER thought he was the viallain in this game? I thought Brahne was the real viallain here.
I actually found that impressive, Kuja working behind the sceans like that. Maybe if more villans did that, they'd be more sucessful. ;)

Certainly worked for Kefka.

I have to see Ex-Death myself, but he definitely didn't sound like a very strong one either. As I recall, Zemus is not that strong of a villain.

Darth Cid
05-19-2006, 04:09 AM
I have to see Ex-Death myself, but he definitely didn't sound like a very strong one either. As I recall, Zemus is not that strong of a villain.

Zidane: He's not, he has one line in the entire line and that's as Golbez and FoSuYa(or however it's spelled) hand him his ass. What he says when he turns into Zeromus doesn't count because he's Zeromus now, and according to the GBA remake he more than one person(Zeromus is) speaking in the plural "We are...hatred." well, no /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif sherlock(s)!

Dark Paladin
05-19-2006, 01:25 PM
I say Kuja. He's boring.

liamo
05-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Gonna go with Seymour. That voice... i just couldn't see him as guy that could be considered a major villian. Just wanted to smack him around the head and tell him to shut up everytime he was on screen.

chaos_ghost
05-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Doesn't seem to be a lot of Seymour fans here. I personally liked him because he never got angry. His calmness was kinda eerie.

My vote goes for Rajin and Fujin ya know? I mean, how useless were they ya know? The only thing they were good for was drawing a GF from ya know?

Millia Billia
05-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Shuyin. Whiny obsessive psychos who want to destroy planets suck.

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Sephiroth. He's more obnoxiously whiney and emo than Cloud, he's a total pawn for Jenova, and he never even did most of the bad things that people associate him with (killing Aeris, for example). He's ultimately just a silly prat with an unwieldly large sword and way too much materia.
:laughing: I didn't think of it that way. :up:

Griff
05-20-2006, 06:20 PM
I won't say Sephiroth is the most pathetic, but he is the worst.
Most pathetic I would have to say Palmer

Twilight Edge
05-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Perhaps Gya haa haa and Kya haa haa should top the list as well ya know.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
05-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Seymour - He got on my nerves throughout the entire game. I kept yelling "Just stay dead already!"

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 09:04 PM
^ yes

DeathKnight
05-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Seymour - He got on my nerves throughout the entire game. I kept yelling "Just stay dead already!"

Better than wearing a thong and doing nothing but trying to look sexy for Zidane

:chuckle:

DarkLadyNyara
05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Better than wearing a thong and doing nothing but trying to look sexy for Zidane
*blinks* Okay, that made no sense whatsoever.

LunarWeaver
05-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Geostigma...it just didn't get enough lines for me.

TRANS_AM409
05-21-2006, 01:41 AM
I hated seymore From FFX hes a bitch

Prancing Mad
05-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Ultimecia sucks unless you believe in "the theory" in which case it's freakin' cool. We know the theory isn't true, but it would be much cooler if it was, so I choose to view her like that. Seymour was kind of annoying. It's a good thing Sin was there to back him up.

NOW KUJA is great. He has such awesome motivations. Primarily, he wanted to rule over terra and control it, but found out he was mortal and then was like. Well that's not fair! Everyone else should die too then. The whole game has the awesome theme of how one can take one's own mortality. It's flippin' sweet.

Of course, Kefka was the first royal arse. He was the first guy to execute evil from behind the scenes. I mean Doma... that was just cowardly and mean. Which is what made it so great. well i'm done

Remon
05-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Vegnagun from FFx2 cause he was terribly easy to beat even though he is a boss.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 05:03 PM
[!]
everyone always gose on about whos the worst villin i want to know whos the most pathetic villin it dosnt have to b a main bose just a villin i dont really know :confused:
what is villin?...hahaha...[/!]

Do not post just to make fun of someone's spelling error. ---RSL

Renmiri
05-21-2006, 05:36 PM
i'd say seymor. he wasn't even really a threat to the world. just in the way. and the friggin' moose antlers? come on....

Aye. Plus Seymour is an atrocious dresser ! Seymour wears large blue robes which prominently display his naked chest. Black tattoos on it give the impression that has has a hairy chest, but that is not the case (fake chest hair, lol!)

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1164/seymour12id.th.jpg (img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seymour12id.jpg)

DeathKnight
05-21-2006, 06:35 PM
*blinks* Okay, that made no sense whatsoever.

[!]Oh damn, see I thought you had to be 13 years or older to join the forum, you just proved me wrong. Oh well, you can ask someone else to read it for you then.[/!]

Conscending attitudes like this are not permitted. You're walking on thin ice, I suggest you control yourself.

~Void

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 06:51 PM
i think trema...

Fantasy Fan
05-21-2006, 06:59 PM

[!]stfu[/!]

If this is all you have to add to a thread, don't post at all.

~Void

DarkLadyNyara
05-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh damn, see I thought you had to be 13 years or older to join the forum, you just proved me wrong. Oh well, you can ask someone else to read it for you then.

Cute, real cute. :rolleyes2 Seeing as I was reading at college level in 6th grade, that kinda falls flat as an insult. And, btw, the "Looking sexy for Zidane" is in no way supported by the games storyline, wich you might have realized if you bothered to think, instead of just going on a Kuja bash-fest. The fact that you need everything spelled out for you says a great deal about your (lack of ) emotional maturity, as does resorting to such a weak , not to mention inaccurate, attempt at an insult. We get that you don't like Kuja, and that you obviously can't hold your own in a debate about same, but that's no reason to start acting like a child.

Of course, Kefka was the first royal arse. He was the first guy to execute evil from behind the scenes. I mean Doma... that was just cowardly and mean. Which is what made it so great.
Heh. Kefka isn't my favorite, but he is probably the most evil of the FF villans. You have to respect that.

Slothy
05-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Ultimecia. I just couldn't stand that she pretty much came out of nowhere. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with her coming out of nowhere if there had been another villian that had been the focus before that, but there wasn't a single villian to focus on for the majority of the three discs leading up to Ultimecia. The focus just jumped all over the place the entire time. Had Edea remained the instrument for Ultimecia right up until about the end of the third disc or so, I think the game would have worked a lot better.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
I would have to say the most pathetic would be Ultros/Orthros. He continues to fight you, but he has stupid lines, giggles more than a crack addict watching Monty Python, and is so freaking weak that you just laugh at him as you kill him and use his corpse for target practice.

I think the worst villain (out of what I've played) is the Emperor. There's no real backstory, and he basically relies on others to do his dirty work. He also is a pansy as a boss.

DarkLadyNyara
05-23-2006, 06:16 AM
I would have to say the most pathetic would be Ultros/Orthros. He continues to fight you, but he has stupid lines, giggles more than a crack addict watching Monty Python, and is so freaking weak that you just laugh at him as you kill him and use his corpse for target practice.

Ah, yes, the comic- releif villan. :p

There's no real backstory
Not suprising, given when the game came out. :D

Evastio
05-24-2006, 12:54 AM
I don't like any of the FF Villains. Then again, I don't like any villains. Except for Necrosaro, General Palpaleos, and General Sauzer.

The Knights of the Round
05-31-2006, 02:57 AM
well i'd say the emporer from FF II simply because if you kept the blood swords the this dude goes down in literally two hits.

StarChild
05-31-2006, 03:20 AM
I didn't really like Kuja, the whole thong/half naked thing disturbed me, not to mention the fact that I can't help but wonder where he put his tail...*shudder*

Rogue
05-31-2006, 05:30 AM
kuja hes a fag

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 05:42 AM
Meh. Too lazy to see if I posted already. No matter.

I never cared for X-Death that much. Don't get me wrong, trees are awesome and he looks cool and has an awesome name, but he didn't really have any motivation at all, and he doesn't even have the 'I'm the epitome of darkness' excuse either. So meh.

Still, it looks like he's holding a rubber duck or something. wtf is up with that. :cat:

Dell
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I think the most pathetic villain is Sephiroth.

Shiny
06-11-2006, 07:38 PM

Ew...wouldn't that be incest sort of?
I think Seymour and Leblanc top the pathetic scale. Especially Leblanc.

ffloungeforummanager
06-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Seymour I mean come on look at da hair and his clothes COME ON

Shuyin. Whiny obsessive psychos who want to destroy planets suck.
OI he didnt mean to be fighting Yuna he just has a short fuse lol

Yeah that was my thought exactly lol

Yuffie514
06-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Seymour Guado...i always thought he could be replaced.
Rufus Shinra...acts like dog, smells like dog. woof, woof!

Dell
06-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Actually I think all FFX and FFVII villain sucks despite my love to FFVII.

Sin is a sleeping princess, waiting for her prince to kiss her, Seymour come and kiss her....The End.

Sephiroth is a momma's boy despite his evilness. Jenova never let her son down.

Kuja didn't annoy me, mainly because of his graceness.

But KEFKA pwns all!!

Angi-Kaiser
06-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm going to have to say Seifer (Sorry if I spelled that wrong). I know he's not really the major villan of FF8, but.... he's so annoying! Kingdom Hearts II did nothing to decrease my loathing of him....

boys from the dwarf
06-15-2006, 08:09 AM
the most pathetic enemies are biggs and wedge ( FF8.) and gilgamesh (FF5.).

their some of the best enemies in FF history but the the way they act makes them pathetic. biggs and wedge are incompetent wusses and in FF5 gilgamesh is idiotic and frightened. E.G. in the N-zone final floors hes all whimpering and saying "i think im gonna cry.". but thats the reason we all like those enemies.

KoShiatar
06-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Palmer (VII) was truly pathetic.

boys from the dwarf
06-15-2006, 04:15 PM
oh yeah. palmer. hes was pathetic and i hated him! come to think of it althought these people are some of the coolest characters on FF7 the turks are pretty pathetic.
renos some cool idiot ( remember the scene in wutai where he actually tries to invite cloud for a drink because hes "off duty.". i always laugh at that point.) and rude in the forest just outside of gongaga.

Cloud
"Is someone there?"

(The camera pans over. Reno and Rude are standing in the road.)

Reno
"Hey, Rude. Who do you like?"

(Rude turns away)

Reno
"What are you getting so embarrassed about? Come on? Who do you
like?"

Rude
"...........Tifa."

Reno
"Hmmmm......."
"That's a tough one."
"But, poor Elena. She.... you......"

Rude
"No, she likes Tseng."

Reno
"I never knew that! But Tseng likes that Ancient..."

(The camera pans back over to show Cloud.)

Cloud
"What are they talking about?)

(Elena enters, coming up behind Cloud.)

Elena
"It's so stupid!"
"They always talk about who they like or don't like. But Tseng is
different."
"Ah! Oh no!"

(She runs over to Reno and Rude)

Elena
"They're here! They're really here!"

Reno
"Hmm... Then it's time..."
"Rude... Don't go easy on them even though they're girls."

Rude
"...Don't worry, I'll do my job."

Elena
"Then, we're counting on you. I'll report to Tseng!"

(She runs off)

Reno
"It's been a while."
"Payback time for what you did in Sector 7."

funny scene but reno and rude and elena are absoloutely riduculous. the turks are great but they are pretty stupid. and come one "dont fo easy on them even though their girls." is one of the most unimaginative and immature insults you can get. but thats what make the scene so great.