PDA

View Full Version : Which FF had best Chocobo "system"

zbonks
05-18-2006, 05:41 AM
We all know that chocobos are a big part of FF, I was just wondering what FF you thought had the best system of Chocobos. Mine is 7 because they actually made it a hard sidequest and you could race them and stuff. I hated 8's because i personally thought they were piontless!

dirkdirden
05-18-2006, 06:49 AM
yeah 7's owns all final fantasys in every catagory....sept graphics.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-18-2006, 06:53 AM
FFIX, by far. Chocobo Hot & Cold was a ridiculous fun minigame, and the method for acquiring new types of chocobo was much more interesting than that of FFVII, with its monotonous racing and random breeding. And at the end of it all, you got a flying chocobo.

Chris
05-18-2006, 12:15 PM
FFIX, by far. Chocobo Hot & Cold was a ridiculous fun minigame, and the method for acquiring new types of chocobo was much more interesting than that of FFVII, with its monotonous racing and random breeding. And at the end of it all, you got a flying chocobo.
I totally agree with that. FFIX has the best Chocobo minigames. I don't know how many hours I've spend searching for those damn Chocographs. ><

NeoCracker
05-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Don't forget FFVII's were incest Chocobos. But yes, IX by far had the best things involving Chocobo's.

Slade
05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
IX's by a far. I enjoyed VIII's too even if it was pointless. I always hated VII's though.......the races were just......could you even call them races?

Mo-Nercy
05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
IX. Hot and Cold FTW

Twilight Edge
05-18-2006, 03:38 PM
IX.Altohough I never did it.

Crossblades
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Have to say IX

Markus. D
05-18-2006, 05:09 PM
X-2, XI and... VIII.

Dell
05-18-2006, 06:25 PM
X-2 because I like amazing chocobo!
IX chocobo stuff is easy so it get my vote.

dirkdirden
05-18-2006, 11:53 PM

first off, its a Gold chocobo and it doesn't fly. and the breading isn't random.

I'm not going to say IX was better becuase I could never find the one that was in the ocean and all you can see is ocean thats bull /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif

Yuffie514
05-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Final Fantasy IX:

* find Chocobo tracks, use Gysahl Greens and KWEEEH! (no hard work there).
* different colors = new and different abilities = awesome.
* Chocobo Hot & Cold - another fun activity, other than riding over mountains.
* navigate the world of Gaia and dig for treasure (for more abilities).

Fantasy Fan
05-30-2006, 10:00 PM
7 or 9 :D

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 10:08 PM
FFIX and VII weren't really enjoyable. They both had awesome incentives to breed/transform/find annoying chocographs, but were really tedious. (Even knowing what to do, it's still pretty aggravating digging for hours...just to fight a glowing multicoloured ball.)

II: Optional. Only one though...mode of transportation
III: Also optional, I believe. Minigame for going around the continent on one.
IV: Needed for part of story, different colours available.
V: Same as above.
VI: Completely optional, only a method of transportation
VII: Racing, breeding, and finding secret powerful Materia, may be used for story
VIII: Needed if you want the Ragnarok; other than that, optional
IX: 'Hot and Cold' minigame, transportation
X: Only in Calm Lands, (frustrating) minigames

I guess IX had the most use to 'em. You can't really fight Ozma without it.

~SapphireStar~
05-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I'd say 7s chocobo system. It was more fun for me then the others.

Fantasy Fan
05-30-2006, 10:51 PM
but IV was best story-wise I think

still, 7 and 9 had the best!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-31-2006, 01:12 AM

first off, its a Gold chocobo and it doesn't fly. and the breading isn't random.I was talking about FFIX. You get a flying chocobo in the end. And yes, FFVII's breeding is fairly random.

Slothy
05-31-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm not going to say IX was better becuase I could never find the one that was in the ocean and all you can see is ocean thats bull /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif

Although it's been a few yers since I last played through FFIX, there was a colour difference in the waters pictured on the Chocograph and on the overworld screen. Parts were light blue and others dark blue. I'll admit it was still a bit of a pain to find, but not nearly impossible. FFIX can't be blamed for a crappy TV/TV settings/inattention to detail.

My vote goes to FFIX as well. Unlike the chocobo breeding, I had fun with chocobo hot & cold.

rubah
05-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Clearly ff2's chocobo system was best because it was first.

chocobo hot and cold was fun etc but those chocographs drove me nuts.