PDA

View Full Version : SCANDAL!

Strider
05-18-2006, 09:17 AM
In celebration of Scandal Day, I'd like to know whether there have been any great scandals during the history of Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Also, what is the greatest (or worst) scandal in regular history?

nik0tine
05-18-2006, 09:24 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58825

Cz
05-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Rainecloud made an awesome scandal thread back in the day, but I think it's gone now. :(

And yeah, the April Fools thing is easily the biggest scandal that's ever happened here.

Miriel
05-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Remember that one time when they one guy died and everyone was all, "wtf" but then he wasn't really dead and that one chick flipped out over it and got banned.

Yeah, I remember that time.

Meat Puppet
05-18-2006, 10:03 AM
That time that some sneaky bugger gave Psychotic a fake cid's knight title and everyone went crazy in the feedback forum.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Back around 2002, some guy representing a particularly coarse fan site called BetaFF (which by all accounts appears to now be defunct) came around asking for serious dirt on the scandalous interior goings-on of Eyes on Final Fantasy. Most of the responses he received were naturally the stuff of crappy injokes, but one way or another, he came up with enough material to do a parodical EoFF exposé back at his site. It was by no means artful writing--a lot of talk of the special relationship between gay men and hamsters, as I recall--but it was certainly impressive enough to be met with indignation from a lot of the same awful jerks who had already proven their lack of any grasp upon comedy. Then the <i>real</i> crazies got to talking about taking this scum to court for smearing our wonderful site with such awful slander. "Or wait," they thought, "is it libel?" Anyway, BOU responded by becoming a BetaFF advocate and member, with the banner in his signature and everything. In retrospect, it was a clear sign that he would soon become entirely too clever for this dump.

NeoCracker
05-18-2006, 12:02 PM
First off, why did I read all that?
Second I find it very funny that Kaishi never posted in that thread.

There is the whole doomgaze thing, but didn't seem to last very long.

Chris
05-18-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't really remember any "scandals" other than ff babe. I don't know why people still sing her hymns of praises.

Loony BoB
05-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I know of a few large scandals, but since they're serious ones, it's no fun talking about them here. Some of them I'm also simply not able to talk about, because of that whole "don't tell anyone" rule that requires me not to tell anyone.

Of course, Rainecloud's scandals are the ones that spring to mind for me, along with April Fools stuff. Psy may wish to bring up the Elections, too, but I stand firm that I am so, like, totally cooler than he is.

NeoCracker
05-18-2006, 12:29 PM
I know of a few large scandals, but since they're serious ones, it's no fun talking about them here. Some of them I'm also simply not able to talk about, because of that whole "don't tell anyone" rule that requires me not to tell anyone.

Of course, Rainecloud's scandals are the ones that spring to mind for me, along with April Fools stuff. Psy may wish to bring up the Elections, too, but I stand firm that I am so, like, totally cooler than he is.
Here's to bobs Coolness!

Dignified Pauper
05-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Loony BoB Sleeps with Psychotic in Secret Alliance!

Loony BoB
05-18-2006, 05:23 PM
"Boy, did I screw him!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yamaneko
05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Haha wow, we were complete jackasses in that thread. :p

Laugh at face of Danger
05-18-2006, 07:58 PM
bah, i'm a mere n00b when it comes to scandals, i'm either never online (gee, where ya been in three weeks?) or just loafing around in FFVIII to notice. And when i do it's just like "Oh, there they go again..."

Psychotic
05-18-2006, 10:58 PM
When I saw this thread, I wondered how many posts it would take for my special relationship with Loony RoBert to be mentioned. It's not a scandal if you don't keep it quiet, kids. :cool:
I don't really remember any "scandals" other than ff babe. I don't know why people still sing her hymns of praises.Because she was the best damned member this board ever saw.

nik0tine
05-18-2006, 11:10 PM
I don't really remember any "scandals" other than ff babe. I don't know why people still sing her hymns of praises.She was funny, but Kathryns were it's at.

Haha wow, we were complete jackasses in that thread.April 1st, 2005 was probably the most embarassing day of my life. :p

Itsunari 2000
05-20-2006, 12:11 AM
My continued existence is pretty scandalous, I'd say.

rubah
05-20-2006, 12:54 AM
Even just the first page of the april fool's thread is hilarious now, in retrospect.

kikimm
05-20-2006, 01:03 AM
I couldn't even read beyond the first few posts, it makes me cringe so bad. It's too painful.

I can't think of any though. I am bad at thinking of things.

ZeZipster
05-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Linus and his april fools joke is probably the most notorious. Cause it spawned 2 threads on it and the noob of the year got banned over it. Those were they days...

boris no no
05-20-2006, 10:51 AM
There were one or two scandels that I remember from July - September time last year but they wern't really that funny.

Anything to do with Psy is a scandel I suppose ;)

Maxico
05-20-2006, 11:23 AM
It's not a scandal if you don't keep it quiet, kids.

Your double negatives scare and confuse me.

Didn't someone try, and fail, to start a forum war with some zelda site a while ago?

It wasn't particulary funny.

DK
05-23-2006, 04:14 AM
The best was when a very high profile member got drunk and wanted to do unspeakable things to their cousin.

Mittopotahis
05-23-2006, 04:26 AM
When Agent Proto changed his name :(