PDA

View Full Version : steel pipes ?

swingswing
05-18-2006, 07:03 PM
just got the ragnarok on disc 3, now i need 2 find 6 steel pipes (to summon doomtrain) n i cant find any! i heard u can mug wendigos near the galbadian garden but i cant find any. cant play card games either to refine the elastoid cards (stupid random rule/same/plus/same wall/etc...cant win at all...)

also..wots this angel wing thing wit rinoa...

Captain Maxx Power
05-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Seriously, Wendigos appear all over the place. Near Galbadia, Wilburn Hill, Obel Lake, Hasberry Plains - It's a very common enemy.

As for Angel Wing the mechanics are complicated, but the jist of it is that Rinoa goes into an uncurable Berserk mode and will constantly cast any stocked spells she has. These spells aren't used up.

If you care for more detail: She is immune to Confuse and Silence also, and will automatically become "unsilenced" on using Angel Wing. Only Death or Petrify can stop Angel Wing. If she's Stopped or Sleeped then she'll carry on after being cured. She will never cast Cure, Cura, Curaga, Life, Full-Life, Regen, Esuna, Haste, Double, Triple, Protect, Shell, Reflect Float and Aura. She will use any other spells currently stocked. She never targets your allies, only the enemy. If the spell is single target the target is chosen at random. There's no real pattern to what spells she casts, though in general she'll prefer status/low level spells to higher ones (e.g. Ultima). So for maximum effectiveness have all of the non-casted spells, then put in maybe a mix of Meteor/Ultima. Since these spells won't be used up you can easily junction them also.

Hope that helps.

DoaJ
05-18-2006, 11:45 PM
With the Wendigos by Galbadia Garden, they're in the forest. You'll be able to find:
Funguar
Cockatrice
Wendigo
Anacondaur
Ochu
In order of how often you find them. The Funguars and Cockatrice come together.

TheSpoonyBard
05-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Also, any magic cast when in the Angel Wing status will be 5x more powerful than normal.

Prancing Mad
05-19-2006, 03:05 AM
If you want steel pipes, I've got some wicked ones. OHHH YEAH!

farplaner
05-19-2006, 10:43 AM
just got the ragnarok on disc 3, now i need 2 find 6 steel pipes (to summon doomtrain) n i cant find any! i heard u can mug wendigos near the galbadian garden but i cant find any. cant play card games either to refine the elastoid cards (stupid random rule/same/plus/same wall/etc...cant win at all...)

also..wots this angel wing thing wit rinoa...

About the card game- it's pretty easy to manipulate the rules, and be rid of all of those very annoying ones. It may be a little time consuming (venturing back and forth from place to place), but it will pay off in the long run. I always spend a lot of time playing cards as you can refine a lot of very useful items early on in the game.

You may very well already know this, but in case you don't: just go to a place that has a set of rules (preferably only one that the troublesome spot doesn't have) pick up the rules (you don't even have to play- just cancel at the card game screen), return to troublesome spot, save, and play (or at least cancel at the game screen) until you get a message " 'so and so' rule has been abolished."

For example: play at Balamb picking up the "open" rule, go to dollet, which has "random" and, I think "elemental?" rule. Play a game mixing the two sets of rules until you see the message- reset if you don't get the desired result. Of course, open is a very good rule to have so you may want to repeat this twice until you get the message, "open" rule has spread throughout dollet."

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
wendigos are near tomb of unknown king. The brown turf not the green (when the screen gets dark). Be careful because they are quite strong.

swingswing
05-20-2006, 01:38 AM
thanks alot, just got the steel pipes from the wendigo's, got doomtrain...i just want every card ( got every card so far) 1 level 8 i need, few level 9s n 10s. easy :) (following the walkthrough btw)

rubah
05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't say Angel Wing was 5x as strong-- what makes you say that?

TheSpoonyBard
05-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I say that because it is. All damage dealt is 5x the normal damage, capped at 9,999.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Actually Angel Wing is in my point of view a waste since most of the time Rinoa uses status magic which is completely useless against bosses, and yes the power of her magic multiplies by five but considering she rarely uses powerfull magic atacks such as Ultima, Holy, Flare and Meteor it becomes useless and itīs quite annoying also, she doesnīt heal and she canīt do anything else besides using types of magic that rarely deal a lot of damage.

As for the card quest it also happened to me i had all the rules and lost almost everytime but i walked from town to town and eventually was able to catch all of the cards and use them as items.

And Wendigos arenīt really very powerfull just give them a good summon and they will die easily. You can also blind them and use the mug command to steal steel pipes from them.

TheSpoonyBard
05-21-2006, 06:16 PM
You can manipulate the types of magic she uses by altering her Stock. Remove all the weak and status-inducing magic, leaving only powerful magic, and she's all set.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Hummm iīll try that...but still compared to the other limit breaks of the rest of the characters itīs weak.

sub zero
05-21-2006, 10:37 PM
have you seen the meteor angel wing trick you sitck regen or guraga on her hp and boost her magic as much as poss then put 1 metor spell on her inventory when in battle cast regen of everyone then use angel wing if its enguht youll get about 7-10 metor hits at 7000-9999 damage a time on level 70 upwards.

nik0tine
05-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Angel Wing is arguably the best limit break in the game.

You can find Wendigos in the forest near Dollet. Thats where I always go to get my steel pipes.

Slipgod
05-22-2006, 12:11 AM
hey, i thought that wendigos only drop steel orbs..

TheSpoonyBard
05-22-2006, 12:14 AM
WENDIGO

#H0066 - MONSTER'S DROPPED ITEMS
Low level drop - 1x Steel Orb, 1x Steel Pipe
Low level Rare drop - 1x Steel Pipe, 1x Steel Orb
Middle level drop - 2x Steel Orb, 2x Steel Pipe
Middle level Rare drop - 1x Strength Love, 3x Steel Orb
High level drop - 6x Steel Orb, 1x Strength Love
High level rare drop - 2x Black Hole, 3x Black Hole
Card drop - 1x Wendigo card

#I0066 - MONSTER'S MUGGED ITEMS
Low level Mug - 1x Steel Pipe, 1x Steel Pipe
Low level Rare Mug - 1x Steel Pipe, 1x Steel Pipe
Middle level Mug - 2x Steel Pipe, 2x Steel Pipe
Middle level Rare Mug - 2x Steel Pipe, 2x Steel Pipe
High level Mug - 4x Steel Pipe, 4x Steel Pipe
High level Rare Mug - 4x Steel Pipe, 4x Steel Pipe

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes but imagine your enemy can absord the magic Rinoa used that is very likely to happen and is she might do 9999 a turn but all of the other characters limit breaks can do much more damage per turn especially Lion Heart and Duel.

And i found out that the best way to change the card game rules is to wait until the third CD and then challenge the card queen at different towns this way some rules will disappear.

TheSpoonyBard
05-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Nothing absorbs non-elemental magic (Meteor, Ultima). If she's only got Meteor in her Stock she'll deal around 99,990 damage every turn.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-22-2006, 07:32 PM
... But her stats will be crushingly low. There is a trick - abolish all magic other than Curaga, Esuna, Regen, Aura, Shell, Protect, Float (triple and double i think, too), Meteor and Ultima keep Curaga and Full Life on vital stats (no use bothering to equpi something to magic if you're expecting a limit break) and as her magic stat has zoomed all the way up to 255, you can cast mega damage with meteor and ultima. a bit of a double edged sword, really.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Yes i supose itīs effective i never really tried that technique i always kept the 10 pages of magic full so thatīs way i considered it a poor limit break, but still you have to build a strategy to use it and i always prefer to have control of the characters.
Plus i still prefer the other limnit breaks but thatīs just me...

Ohh and can anyone tell me if the draw command depends only of the level the characters in or does it also depend on the magic power that the player as?

TheSpoonyBard
05-22-2006, 10:53 PM
... But her stats will be crushingly low.
If Meteor is junctioned to Mag or HP her other stats don't matter.

as her magic stat has zoomed all the way up to 255, you can cast mega damage with meteor and ultima. a bit of a double edged sword, really.
Her Mag stat doesn't change, the final damage result if multiplied by 5.

Ohh and can anyone tell me if the draw command depends only of the level the characters in or does it also depend on the magic power that the player as?
The higher the character's Mag stat, the more magic they can Draw from an enemy. The level of the character and monster does not matter. However, it is more difficult to Draw higher level magic. For instance, if your Mag is sufficient to Draw 9 Fires per go, you may find that you're only able to Draw 4-5 Firagas.

The Mag stat of the character does not affect the number of spells you can Draw from a Draw Point in the field or on the World Map.

nik0tine
05-22-2006, 10:54 PM
I believe draw depends on the chracters magic stats.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks.
The reason i asked was because after finishing the game for the 6th time i decided to play again in memory of the good old days and i noticed when i was fighting Sacred that my Zell who was at level 23 was unable to stock life magic and when he was able he only stocked 2 or 3 per turn and my Selphie who was at level 20 was able to stock 6 and 7 lifes a turn sometimes even 9 and i had Siren and Shiva junctioned to her and her magic power was much higher than Zellīs cause i had only had Ifrit junctioned with him and as you know unless you teach it Ifrit doesnīt know Magic junction.

TheSpoonyBard
05-22-2006, 11:48 PM
That's one hell of a sentence.

Just thought I'd mention that, in my opinion, playing cards/mugging enemies and refining items is a much more effective way of accumulating magic than Drawing.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Yup i know i also prefer to turn items into magic but sometimes itīs necessary to draw:tongue: