PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision

Zeldy
05-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Eurovision is back, and the UK's entry is worse than ever.

Usually I don't really fuss over Eurovision, but this year is different. Im actually excited!
Not for the UK's entrant, but Finland's (obvsly kthx)
All I can say is -- Its worth watching. Just to see Finland's entrants. Oh yes. You've probably already seen what the band look like. If you havn't; I don't want to spoil it. But on their webpage it says "Europe. Get ready to be scared"

So who would you like to win?

I can't wait to see the UK get "Nil Pwa" :excited:

DudeSon2004
05-18-2006, 07:34 PM
''My lovely horse''.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/dudeson2004/ted04.jpg

~SapphireStar~
05-18-2006, 07:55 PM
That is freaky, I watched that episode last night! Love it.

My lovely horse, running through the field
Where are you going, with your fetlocks blowing in the wind?

I want to shower you with sugar lumps, and ride you over fences
Polish your hooves every single day, and take you to the horse dentist

My lovely horse, youre a pony no more
Running around with a man on your back, like a train in the night...

Wouldnt you vote for that?!

But I loathe the Eurovision. It can be a laugh pointing at those poor delusional prats dancing around on stage singing some random bizzare lyrics in front of millions of viewers. Who have we got? Havent seen the UK contestant. I read it was some rapper, but I ignored it.

Spiffing Cheese
05-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh god I hate Eurovision. Yet I always watch it. And every year it disappoints me. And I still watch it. :(

But it's always good for a few laughs. Gemini, of course, bringing the most. :D

UK's entry for this year is so bad it's hysterical. :laugh:

Emerald weapon
05-18-2006, 08:10 PM
mon the brits!!!but its a bit weird weve got a pedofilic rapper for our entrant!ahmean they girls are barley legal!

Spiffing Cheese
05-18-2006, 08:15 PM
mon the brits!!!but its a bit weird weve got a pedofilic rapper for our entrant!ahmean they girls are barley legal!

And he's paedophilic... how? :D

Zeldy
05-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Havent seen the UK contestant. I read it was some rapper, but I ignored it.
http://www.doteurovision.com/phpnews/images/dazsamp.jpg

Spiffing Cheese
05-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh god he reminds me of someone. Someone really really irritating. WHO IS IT?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-18-2006, 08:21 PM
OMG Eurovsion one of the ost fun nights of the year, but im gonna miss it :'(

i hate all the songs people play on it but its a fantastic laugh, and terry wogan's commentary is great :choc:

Wuggly Blight
05-18-2006, 08:45 PM
The comic value of its great, Europe doesnt actually know we see it as a joke, they take it seriously, I mean, my poor birds feet are freezing!? Some of the sings are just to funny. Great we get in automatically with France unlike all the other nations, one day we shall win. one day.

Oh yes and terry wogans comments

DK
05-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Hahaha the Croatian entrant is that pop woman that had a sex tape leaked onto the internet. Also, The UK entrant looks like a giant failure. The song is a rap song called "Teenage Life" being sung by a 40 year old white man. I think we're going on a mission to get no points.

Edit: Good god, You can listen to the music on the site. UK for -40 points IMO

Brian The Pink Shark
05-18-2006, 08:48 PM
dont we always do that? :choc:

Wuggly Blight
05-18-2006, 08:49 PM
The uk entry sucks, well British. I want to win for once, its been 10 years, we used to win EVERY year for like 20 years. And now were on a talentless hack 40 trying to be 14, its awful. Dont we have a talent cap or something?!

DK
05-18-2006, 08:52 PM
We won like, 10 years ago. But then everything just failed miserably. Anyway Eurovision is always good for a laugh. Wogan is a legend.

Israel for the surprise package win for mine.

Edit: German entry is brilliant xD I think I'm going to be voting for the Germans

RPJesus
05-18-2006, 08:52 PM
I never watched it, but that's because I already wacthed every one ever, and they sucked real bad, so I reversed time so that I hadn't done.
So I've never seen it, but I know it's usually crap thta's in it. Except that Numa Numa thing is catchy, and the cats are cute.

What's terribly bewildermenting, though, is Finnland's entry. Lordi. Something different than usual. They should get Finntroll, though.

Zeldy
05-18-2006, 08:57 PM
I never watched it, but that's because I already wacthed every one ever, and they sucked real bad, so I reversed time so that I hadn't done.
So I've never seen it, but I know it's usually crap thta's in it. Except that Numa Numa thing is catchy, and the cats are cute.

What's terribly bewildermenting, though, is Finnland's entry. Lordi. Something different than usual. They should get Finntroll, though.
Lordi is the only reason Im watching it haha.
I absoloutly <3 Lordi

RPJesus
05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
They'll be better than anything else. Which, of course, means they'll lose.

~SapphireStar~
05-18-2006, 11:13 PM
I cant believe there is a 40 year old guy rapping about teenage life with girls running round in tacky school uniforms!? I feel ashamed to be British.

Yes, Terry will make it all better :)

Psychotic
05-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Eurovision is the greatest thing of all time, and Terry Wogan is a god.

Also, the UK's entry is the second greatest thing of all time. A 40 year old white man rapping about school while schoolgirls dance around him? Hell yes.

Chris
05-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Finland's entry is... *Dies*

jrgen
05-19-2006, 06:31 AM
I believe Finland will have a pretty good chance of winning. They play music the old people like and dress up like monsters for the kids.

I also thought Lithuania's song was quite interesting.

ZuZu
05-19-2006, 06:53 AM
I was so happy about that Lordi maded to the finals! :D
I have always hated those "love and save the world songs" which are so common in Eurovisons. At least something different. I don't except that Lordi will win but at least they are on the finals :save:

Yay Finland!

Captain Maxx Power
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.headbanger.hu/be/htdocs/updir/lordi.jpg

Hard-freakin'-Core.

Breine
05-19-2006, 02:36 PM
The comic value of its great, Europe doesnt actually know we see it as a joke, they take it seriously, I mean, my poor birds feet are freezing!? Some of the sings are just to funny. Great we get in automatically with France unlike all the other nations, one day we shall win. one day.

Most Europeans don't take it seriously either. The value of the songs and the singers is generally really low, and it can be very embarrassing to look at sometimes. I'd say that there are normally just around 4-6 songs that are decent in the contest, and this year Denmark's song is actually quite good, so I'm naturally rooting for that one... ;)

Lost Number
05-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Ireland are gonna LOSE!!!!
Course we been throwing it for a while now...too expensive to host it every year! But Brian Kennedy...better'n the UK entry at least.
Lordi 4tw

MJN SEIFER
05-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't like the eruvision thing. It's just an excuse to be old world racist.

3 things about the English entry:

1. The Kids section is ok, but the rap breaks it down I think...

2. The Kid's part is from an 80s song.

3. That's not reall kids singing. It's the rapper sppeded up and doubled!

Spiffing Cheese
05-20-2006, 09:51 AM
If Finland (or Britain) wins I am going to kill myself.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-20-2006, 09:55 AM
is the Eurovision tonight?
I think the UK's entry is OK since it's a little different from the previous tosh we've supplied. This finnish entry is intriguing

Angel Heart
05-20-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't understand why the UK which behind America has produced some of the best bands in the world continue to treat Eurovision as a joke, if we took it seriously we'd win it every year.

starseeker
05-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Because it supposed to be small bands that are only known in their home country. Remember when TaTu represented Russia?, it nearly killed their career. Big bans aim to be popular outside their home country so they make more money. That's my theory anyway.

jrgen
05-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Competing in music is stupid, so it's better to treat it like a fun thing rather than a serious competition where countries prove their music making skills. It is not a serious competition, which is why many serious bands refrain from participating.

Maxico
05-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't understand why the UK which behind America has produced some of the best bands in the world continue to treat Eurovision as a joke, if we took it seriously we'd win it every year.

No credible band would ever compete because there is always the chance that they would be beaten by a group of spandex clad Latvians.

Or a 40 year old rapping about school.

escobert
05-20-2006, 07:37 PM
lol europeans lol

Cid Vicious
05-20-2006, 07:43 PM
lol europeans lolAt least were allowed to Drink and <!--F**k-->*snip* at 16.

Do NOT go around the filters. ~ Leeza

Jings
05-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Excellent point there by Vandal.

Wuggly Blight
05-20-2006, 10:24 PM
*Sigh* same old scoring. I really dont know why we enter. Really.

Jings
05-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Well if the voting was based on musical performance alone it would be a pretty horrific couple of hours. The political voting adds some controversy like why the heck did Portugal give nothing to Spain!? Ah well it livens things up for me.

Chaos
05-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Finland = Best. Entry. Ever.

I watched up to the UK's entry....catchy, shameful....the stuff clip shows of I love the 2000's are made of.

I kinda liked Norways entry, simply because they had violin players in...I'm currently liking anything with violins in at the moment.

I normally don't like Terry Wogan, but in Eurovision he is a genious.

Come on England.....(it might be a bad song, but pffffft...go Blightey!)

Jings
05-20-2006, 10:42 PM
England? Um, since when did England enter the Eurovision song contest?

Sorry i just hate when the UK gets referred to as England.

Wuggly Blight
05-20-2006, 10:44 PM
I hate the name UK, not really a name. I prefer at Least Britain.

Zeldy
05-20-2006, 11:03 PM
*grins*

Old Manus
05-20-2006, 11:03 PM
You can expect a few heavy metal bands cropping up over the next few years because of the Finland song (which was by far the best there, btw)

Ultima Shadow
05-20-2006, 11:12 PM
You can expect a few heavy metal bands cropping up over the next few years because of the Finland song (which was by far the best there, btw)I second that.

Psychotic
05-20-2006, 11:17 PM
It was a crime that Lithuania ("We are the winners of Eurovision!") did not win. I voted for them.

"Arockalypse"? "Day of rockening"? Only Eurovision could make cheesy death metal.

AND WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOU THOUGHT ATHENS PUT ON A GOOD SHOW! :) (because they really didn't)

Zeldy
05-20-2006, 11:20 PM
It was a crime that Lithuania ("We are the winners of Eurovision!") did not win. I voted for them.

"Arockalypse"? "Day of rockening"? Only Eurovision could make cheesy death metal.

AND WE DON'T GIVE A smurf IF YOU THOUGHT ATHENS PUT ON A GOOD SHOW! :) (because they really didn't)

I actually really liked Lithuania too. I loved the song! It was so desperate! Haha.
I voted for Finland 3 times *grin*

Ultima Shadow
05-20-2006, 11:22 PM
It was a crime that Lithuania ("We are the winners of Eurovision!") did not win. I voted for them.While I did like the monster-dudes from finland the most, I do agree that Lithuania should have won just because of their song. Seriously, that would have been so awesome! :cool:

Psychotic
05-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh, and who else thought the Latvians were hilarious? Especially with their little...robotty puppetty thing.

But undoubtedly the most unintentionally funny thing was the German banjo player. It kept showing closeups of him and I kept losing it.

Perducci
05-20-2006, 11:43 PM
After reading through this thread, i'm sad that I didn't bother to watch it. :(

Captain Maxx Power
05-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Finland winning has restored some of my battered faith in humanity.

Madame Adequate
05-21-2006, 05:10 AM
I was busy in Warsong Gulch, so I didn't see much, but I did see Lordi and all I can say is they won with the highest score ever for a good reason. xD

Brian The Pink Shark
05-21-2006, 08:50 AM
England? Um, since when did England enter the Eurovision song contest?

Sorry i just hate when the UK gets referred to as England.

damn straight man, and why are there never any Scottish people representing "UK" (we have more sense :p )

Congrats to Lordi who were by far the greatest entry eurovision has ever had. Also the campness of the act goes with all Eurovision stands for and has proved once again that rock n' roll is the king of musics :choc:

Cz
05-21-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't care what you say about Finland, the best things about the night were the results guys in Germany and Holland. Besides, do we really need someone to take the piss out of metal music for us? :p

Leene
05-21-2006, 10:00 AM
:save:Finland was good but i wanted Russia to win.
The greek song was really good as Anna.
And the show was amazing.:save:

Strider
05-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Are there any video clips anywhere so that we Americans might judge the entries for ourselves?

boris no no
05-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Since when have people in the UK been able to drink alcohol at 16? silly child

Eurovision is one of tv greatest moment. The pauses when the hosts cannot think of the English words, the French never speaking a word if English because they hate us, Mr Wogan getting pissed halfway and taking the micky out of all the acts and then theres the actual acts! Its obvious they don't go on because they have musical talent, its because they can strip down to the smaller items of clothing and turn their fellow nations on.
I love Eurovision, specially if I have one or two drinks to help me watch all of it xD

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-21-2006, 11:48 AM
I watched part of it, but I didn't see who won. I hate Eurovision, but I watch it cause I know if I'm patient enough I will see something that will make me fall off my chair laughing my ass off. And this year I was not dissapointed after seeing Lithuainia and Finland. Lasuria has Lithuanina's song stuck in his head. *Giggles* Although I think he will eventually drive me bonkers with it.

starseeker
05-21-2006, 01:29 PM

You can legally drink alcohol with a meal in a pub when you're 16 as long as an adult buys the drink.

boris no no
05-21-2006, 01:46 PM

You can legally drink alcohol with a meal in a pub when you're 16 as long as an adult buys the drink.
But thats not drinking xD Drinking legally is when you can buy it yourself :P

YEAY EUROVISION

Cid Vicious
05-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Since when have people in the UK been able to drink alcohol at 16? silly childDid I say Britain?

In most Countries In Europe you can buy Alcohol at 16.
In Switzerland you can drink It at 14. And Portugal and Poland don't even have a Minimum age.
<s>Silly Pr*ck. :D</s>

<b>EDIT: That last part wasn't necessary. Be a little kinder to your fellow members. -Murder</b>

ZuZu
05-21-2006, 04:23 PM
"we are the winners, of Eurovision....we are, we are, we are, we are...":D

That was a great song but best won ;)

Breine
05-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Since when have people in the UK been able to drink alcohol at 16? silly childDid I say Britain?

In most Countries In Europe you can buy Alcohol at 16.
In Switzerland you can drink It at 14. And Portugal and Poland don't even have a Minimum age.
Silly Pr*ck. :D

In Denmark you can drink and have sex when you're 15, and you can buy alcohol in stores by yourself when you're 16. Go Denmark!

Anyway, I did not see the actual show, but I guess Finland won, right? It was about time that a band like that won that contest.

jrgen
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Go Denmark!
Yes, and just look at the wonderful results. Denmark is pretty much the only country where it's socially acceptable to take a beer when you get up in the morning, drive to work, have a few beers for lunch, have a beer in the afternoon and then drive home.

~SapphireStar~
05-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Im glad Finland won, they were excellent! The costumes were amazing.

RPJesus
05-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Finland! F'K yeah! Coming again to save the motherf'king day yeah!

I really didn't think they'd win. They were the only thing that wasn't painfully awful, but that's why i didn't they'd get far. But from the beginning they were getting good votes. So we cheered them, booed whoever gave em crappy points. It think it was only 2 countries that didn't give them any points.
I laughed so much. And is'd great they won. It might turn some stuff into a bit of a joke, but Lordi weren't like most of the other gropus. They're actually heard of, and outside their own country, and already have quite a few fans.

It might mean there'll be loads of metal acts next year, but good! I hope it does encourage othe people to go that way. The fact that Lordi got so many votes shows it's popular.

Britain should use Muse or Placebo or Keane or something. Band's that are huge in Europe, so likely to get a lot of votes.
It would be good to see Rammstein. But maybe these bands are too heard of. I don't know. Finntroll! That'd be good.

Kappy
05-22-2006, 11:38 AM
OMG! I'm so glad Finland won. It's so much better than the usual dross we have to call music nowadays. A little bit of justice I feel!

marc
05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I always love in eurovision how the two main presenters always have that thing going on, and what they wear, I was like lol.
But nothing compares to that bald Dutch guy. I think he'd been smoking something he shouldn't have been, but then again in Holland you can.

I hope theres a riot next year.

Breine
05-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Go Denmark!
Yes, and just look at the wonderful results. Denmark is pretty much the only country where it's socially acceptable to take a beer when you get up in the morning, drive to work, have a few beers for lunch, have a beer in the afternoon and then drive home.

Uhm, no. You would probably be considered as an alcoholic by many Danes if you did that.