PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against The Machine

JaytodaP
05-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Rage Against the Machine is probably the bes all-around band ever in my opinion. Especially lyrically. They really woke me ujp to see all of the lies and propaganda that is constantly fed to us by the government. Such as in Vietnow. It tells us all of the propaganda that we are given through the radio shows we listen to. Also, the government probably made a lot of money by raising the terrorist meter thingy and telling us about on every news station. Bullet in the head is about how we are constantly convinced into buying all of this crap we dont need. So whenever your friend is talking about some pointless product they dont need, tell them that they are a victim of the in-house drive by. also, Tom Morello is god of guitar. But, Both RATM and soundgarden were better than what they combined to be.

I Took the Red Pill
05-19-2006, 03:00 AM
Wow, what a thread. RATM was a great sound and put a sizable dent in the establishment.

Jack
05-19-2006, 03:10 AM
Especially lyrically. They really woke me ujp to see all of the lies and propaganda that is constantly fed to us by the government

No offence, but surely listening to RATM's lyrics and take them as gospel makes you as bad as those they sing about? Different source, different message, same impact. The idea is that you take them, weigh them againist the other opinion and come to your conclusion. Otherwise, you are simply following like a sheep, and therefore defeats the point.

As for RATM themselves, I love them. All their albums. Thought they were one of the cleverest bands of the 90's, pushing their political idelogy as well as crafting some great songs. I personally found Evil Empire was their best album, but my friend prefers their self-titled debut better. As for Audioslave, their albums are alright in drips and drabs, but lack the punch Zack's lyrics/singing added to RATM and the grunge/metal backing of Soundgarden.

chaos_ghost
05-19-2006, 06:07 AM
RATM kicked much ass. Even though I like Audioslave, Rage was much better and I was upset when they split.

Captain Maxx Power
05-19-2006, 12:03 PM
RATM were and are still cool. It's hard to find a band that's similar to them these days, but I'd go out on a limb and say, message-wise, SOAD are probably the closest mainstream act.

Mythra
05-19-2006, 09:36 PM
While I like RATM, I prefer Audioslave to them. But Tom Morello on guitar was probably the best thing for me in RATM. I guess I just like Chris Cornell's voice better

lady yunalesca
05-19-2006, 11:05 PM
i saw RATM when they supported KISS a few years ago....well i say saw...i couldnt really see anything through the cannabis smoke billowing from the first five rows...they sounded cool though!! :)

Perducci
05-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Haven't listened to them for a while, but I used to be a RATM junkie. :cool: