PDA

View Full Version : One of THOSE threads...

Cz
05-19-2006, 09:07 AM
On this day five years ago, I decided I would show off how awesome my knowledge of Final Fantasy IX was, and googled the game to find a group of uneducated fools who might benefit from from wisdom. I came across a site named Eyes on Final Fantasy, and proceeded to reply to every single thread in the FFIX forum. However, something was wrong. The people I found weren't idiots. They knew the game inside-out, and the other games in the series too, even those really old ones that you had to play on a Snez or something. And they used proper English! Holy crap!

So I decided to stick around, and that was the beginning of it all. I've been here for half a decade, almost a third of my lifetime. And I'd never have imagined on May 19th 2001 that it would have lasted this long. It was meant to be an afternoon's showing-off, but for whatever reason it turned into something much bigger, and much more important. But the real question is, how much longer will it last? Will I be making this same half-assed thread in five years' time? How about ten? Twenty? Could I keel over and die during a long, misinformed rant about young folks today, with their music and their clothes and their Final Fantasy XXXII's?

Of course, it'll never go that far. Every now and again I have to take a break, and it's only a matter of time before one of those breaks becomes permanent, but the thought of EoFF still being around in five years is a comforting one, whether I'm there or not. And if I see you on May 19th 2011, be sure to link to this thread so I can see what an idiot I used to be. :D

There is a topic to this, don't worry. This thread is about your EoFF past/future. How did you join? How long have you been here? How long do you think EoFF will last, and will you stick with it all the way?

Meat Puppet
05-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I joined by using the register button.
I joined in 2003 so I've been here at least 2 years.
I think EoFF will last longer than I do.

Ki Ki
05-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I was a silly 13 year old when I joined Eoff. I was looking for help with FFVIII. :D
I think EoFF's gonna last for quite awhile now. n_n

Miriel
05-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Only Del Murder will know the full story of how I meandered over here. But basically, I was interneting one day and was prompted by a sudden idea to join like 15 forums all at once on the same day. And EoFF was the only place that stuck.

In 2 days I'll have been registered here for 4 years. I don't know how I feel about that.

I'll stick around for as long as this place keeps amusing me but I'm thinking that I'll leave before the forums themselves shut down. And I predict that EoFF will shut its internet doors in 2010-ish.

Samuraid
05-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I joined back in 2001 after seeing a link in someone's AIM profile. From 2002-2003 I wasn't really around much, but I came back around mid 2004, got on the site staff, and the rest is history.
I'm not sure how long EoFF will last, but hopefully it will remain for a long time. Unless something catastrophic happens, I'll remain here.

Dignified Pauper
05-19-2006, 10:42 AM
I've been here for a long while.

nik0tine
05-19-2006, 12:14 PM
So I decided to stick around, and that was the beginning of it all. I've been here for half a decadeThat's pathetic.

I think this June will mark my second year at Eyes on Final Fantasy, and that, too, is pathetic. However, despite my nerdiness I have enjoyed my time here and for me, there is no end in sight. I'll keep coming here until I get banned.

Cid Vicious
05-19-2006, 12:36 PM
I've been here a Month. I wanted help on FFIX, so I typed It In Google and clicked on EoFF.
I don't know how I found the Forum, or why I Joined, or why I'm still here.
I'll stay until I get a life.

Chris
05-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I was 17 when I first joined EoFF. But I had been coming to this site for at least two years before that. I've been here for almost two years now and I don't plan on goin' away anytime soon. I did disappear for quite some time earlier this year, but that's all history now. EoFF will exist as long as Cid kan afford to keep on keepin' on.

crazybayman
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
I wandered in here, just a little over a year ago, looking for information on FFVIII.

Although I do take little breaks from time to time, and there was a spell of 3 or 4 months from Nov to Jan or Feb when I didn't log on.

Anyways, I'll keep popping in as long as I play final fantasy. The people here certainly share my interest in the games.

Hopefully this site will stick around. I'm sure as long as people play final fantasy, it'll still be here.

Breine
05-19-2006, 02:40 PM
I think I was just surfing the internet for a great Final Fantasy site, and I sort of stumpled upon this one - I then eventually found out that the site had a forum, and I joined it in 2003 at some point.
I don't know how long it'll last, but it seems like to me that the forums get new members quite frequently, so...

Rase
05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Well let's see. I think I joined sometime around August of 2003, shortly after moving to where I curently live. Honestly, I had no clue what a "forum" was, and could barely navigate the internet decently (never really had a need). Anyway, I joined after trying to find some info on FFI roms (:sweat:) and stumbling across the frontsite. I promptly lost interest around December of the same year, and didn't come back until around April/May of '05. Since then I've been fairly regular, I guess.
I think that EoFF will last as long as Sean decides it should, which will depend on when this doesn't become finacially wise for him, or he just gets tired of paying for it. I'll stay as long as it's around, or at least plan to at the moment.

bipper
05-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I was a lost puppy looking for a home. Actually, I think I was browsing FFVIII info and popped into the forum. I ran into a blantant wall for trolling, flaming, and ignorance - so I gave up even posting in that forum. I was not even going to stay, as I was that discusted by people in the FFVIII forum, then I stumbled into 'EYES ON THE WORLD'. Then I got hooked.

Then they destoryed it to stop vermin like me from staying.

Bipper

Dreddz
05-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I was bored one day in 2004.

eestlinc
05-19-2006, 05:13 PM
It was Spring, Clinton was in office, I had just gotten out of jail...

Old Manus
05-19-2006, 05:18 PM
I was bored one day in 2004.

Maxico
05-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I try not to remember that far back.

I was fairly unintelligible.

Yamaneko
05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
One of these threads?!

It will be half a decade this August. I was a young boy when I joined, now after countless hours being exposed to radiation from a CRT display I am an old man.

escobert
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah weird I've spent 1/4 of my life going to eoff :/

edczxcvbnm
05-19-2006, 06:32 PM
I have been here longer than this board has existed. I used the power of awesome to accomplish this level of greatness.

I have seriously been here for 5.5ish years. 6 in October. I probably came here looking for stuff about Chrono Cross seeing as how it was released just a few months earlier. Then I proceeded to bitch about FFVI.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Over a year! i think... i can't remember, though i remeber joining to share my knowledge of FFVIII... the only ff i owned (as in, "wow, it's in my gaming collection")! And then, my bank of friends grew, shrank (most of them got banned - wrong crowd?) and had steadly increased. And I haven't bene online properly for a good long time, the last PM i got was about three weeks ago (aside from yesterdays banter) and that was whne i last came on for ten minutes. I'm sure you're pretty bored of my life story now ¬__¬".

But yeah, i see myself sitting here chatting until at lest FFXV if it gets that far and commenting on the third movie or something or another... i don't really want to end my stay here, i play by the rules etc... and i love the people *huggles everyone*, i just want to be a kid forever!

*lives forever young* oho, it was on the sixteenth of February last year i joined, it seems like such a long time ago... but it's not!

kikimm
05-19-2006, 06:47 PM
All I know is that I had been browsing a lot of FF websites for a long time; I don't know why this one was special enough for me to want to register. But whatever I'm glad I did. Almost 2 years ago! Which is nothing, but it feels like it's been a really long time. I don't know how long I think it will last, and I don't know how long I'll be coming here. But it's turned into a pretty big part of my life now, so I think I could manage a few more years with it. It's not easy for me to give up an obsession.

DudeSon2004
05-19-2006, 06:57 PM
I was here 3 years, I know my join date says Nov 2005. I used to visit this site for tips on the FF games & now I'm a member & still don't know why I signed up, lol!

Reles
05-19-2006, 07:20 PM
I found a link to the chatroom one day. I first came in with plenty of hellos and everyone was extremely friendly. Then Necronopticous made me read his poetry and made me join the forum. And that was that. It's been almost a year since then. Exciting!

Tempest
05-19-2006, 09:47 PM
I only just started joining forums last October. I joined one forum for another rpg series that I liked and about a couple months later I asked myself why the hell I haven't joined a forum for my favorite game series. I searched for a FF forum and came upon another site that wasn't EoFF and tried to join that forum but, for some reason they wouldn't let me join because of my e-mail address. So, I got ticked at that and saw another link called Eyes on Final Fantasy and joined. I'm glad I didn't join that site and came here though.

As for how long I'll stick around, I don't know. Probably as long as the sites up and running.

Hawkeye
05-19-2006, 09:52 PM
I've been here since late 2004. Two years comming up in November, and that tells me I need a leave of absence.

Shiny
05-19-2006, 10:06 PM
How did you join?

I joined, because of a friend who had recently visited this site said it was a good idea for me to join since they knew I liked Final Fantasy too. I never post on forums (only on this one) so I was pensive about joining. But since then I kinda like it here--some of people here seem pretty cool.

How long have you been here?

Since the middle of October (2005) I believe.

How long do you think EoFF will last, and will you stick with it all the way

LOL. Forums come and go. What can I say. Most forums I really like end up vanishing because the main administrator is unable to support the site finacially. As long as the donors pay up I think this site will have a good 5 years ahead of it. The possiblility is high for me sticking with it.

Shoeberto
05-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I wanted a new place to post and this one just happened to be available.

It'll be six years in September.

Skyblade
05-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I've only been here a little over a year. I originally joined because I was looking for a quality forum where I could at least mention Final Fantasy (FF talk was and is a strict no-no on the only other forum I have ever really been active on). I found Eyes on Final Fantasy, and have been pestering its members ever since.

Jojee
05-19-2006, 10:58 PM
December '99, so 6 1/2 years? Maybe I just can't count xD It's nice to drop back once in a while and thwap everyone :3

rubah
05-19-2006, 11:31 PM
about a year and a half ago I got tired of waiting for ffo to approve my registration so I found eoff and it didn't take months.

then I found they had an active irc room and was hooked.

CloudySky
05-19-2006, 11:33 PM
My profile shows I joined 29-05-2004, that's kinda odd, cuz I'm sure I haven't visited this site since ... well can't exactly remember but it was about that time when FFX-2 came out and was played, discussed and forgotten.
And I think I joined before quite a while before FFX came out, but I'm not sure about it anymore.
Anyway, I took a long break and probably will again post here time to time, after all FF12 will come out sooner or later...
Good to see that EoFF is doing as great as ever :)

Lost Number
05-19-2006, 11:44 PM
I got absolutly smashed once, and decided to join a forum. Unfortunatly, I messed up somewhere. Months later I found it in the history folder and tried again. That resulted in this...

Freya
05-20-2006, 12:09 AM
I was surfing the web for FF cause i had just beat FFIx and so i was like i should talk to other FF lovers. So i found this site. In july 2 days after i turn 16 i'll hit my 2 year mark of EoFF. For my first year i had to leave but i came back and even if i dont spend alot of time here i'll continue to check in every once in a while. Otherwise i plan on staying here. At least tell i get a ciddie then i might laugh at you all and leave.

radyk05
05-20-2006, 02:30 AM
i joined when there were still no restrictions for signature size. think that was 'roung 2000. i was looking in a ff7 ring for info. i stayed on the ff7 forums and the main section for quite a while (no one there to update it...) and then adventured to the rest of the forums.

Mittopotahis
05-20-2006, 03:42 AM
I joined in November of '04. I have had a little bit of absense, but most of that I have been here :)

Rengori
05-20-2006, 04:02 AM
I just came here for the FFV stuff, but the forum was too tempting.

Perducci
05-20-2006, 05:11 AM
A year and three months, nearly.

Joined 29-03-2005.

Leeza
05-20-2006, 06:12 AM
<i>How did you join?</i>
I joined because I wanted to make a post to hail Bruckner.

<i>How long have you been here?</i>
Since August 19, 2001. Almost 5 years.

<i>How long do you think EoFF will last, and will you stick with it all the way?</i>
I think it will last a lot longer than many of you think, but I'm not sure how much longer I will be part of it. I am extremely surprised that I have already been here as long as I have, but all of you have sort of grown on me and so it's hard to think about leaving. :cat:

Raistlin
05-20-2006, 06:17 AM
I joined in December of 1999, 6 1/2 years ago. I joined because Sean was being an advertising whore for his new EzBoard (which later turned into EoFF) at FFWA. And EoFF will last for a long, long time to come.

Rye
05-20-2006, 12:36 PM
I joined in December 2002 when I was 12. I think I'll have been here for 4 years come December. :) And I think it will last pretty long. If EoFF ever needs money, a lot of people really snap up and help.

SammieBabe
05-20-2006, 05:41 PM
I joined last summer to share my nerdiness. I've been around for about 10 months. I go through boredom cycles, but I like it here, and enjoy most of the people.
I think this place will be around for quite a while....

Khaotic
05-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I've been here since 2003, not really long but meh. I don't think the site will close down for a very long time, even if financial problems come up, theres lots of members who would be willing to help keep eoff alive, I know I wouldn't mind.

Ouch!
05-20-2006, 08:02 PM
It's threads like these that make me remember how long I've been here. I joined June 27, 2002. Almost four years, I was 13. I definitely remember finding EoFF through a google search, but I don't remember what exactly it was that I was searching--most definitely a Final Fantasy game, but I'm not sure which one. I lurked around the writer's corner for a while, then moved to the FFXI forum. I spent a majority of my first year here posting only in those two forums.

It's kind of frightening to think that I've been here for almost a fourth of my life. =X

Sephex
05-20-2006, 10:09 PM
edczxcvbnm joined the forum 5-6 ago and e-mailed me interesting threads that he posted in. A few months later in Febuary of 2001, I decided to join. That's my story. I win. Yes.

Edit: I was 18 at the time, I think.

-N-
05-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I didn't know Cz was that old. :p

My five years was almost three months ago. I didn't really become a contributing member until summer '04, though, so I don't really consider myself part of the older generation. Being an oldbie is overrated anyways.

Cz
05-21-2006, 10:07 AM
It's threads like these that make me remember how long I've been here. I joined June 27, 2002. Almost four years, I was 13. I definitely remember finding EoFF through a google search, but I don't remember what exactly it was that I was searching--most definitely a Final Fantasy game, but I'm not sure which one. I lurked around the writer's corner for a while, then moved to the FFXI forum. I spent a majority of my first year here posting only in those two forums.

It's kind of frightening to think that I've been here for almost a fourth of my life. =XI had no idea you'd been here for that long. It's only because of that post that I realised you used to be Zaphier. :D

I didn't know Cz was that old. :pI'm not, I just joined up very young. But yeah, considering how long I've been here my lack of oldbie 1337-ness is embarrassing. :D

themagicroundabout
05-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I came for the Final Fantasy, I stayed for the Meat Puppet.

Timber Maniac
05-22-2006, 08:40 AM
I joined in July of '02 after finding about this site via FFWA (can't remember how exactly) and made my first post about three and a half years after registering. I checked the news section a lot when I wasn't posting though.

Kappy
05-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Last year I joined. I was IP banned at FFO for over four months (mistaken network ban) so I decided to come here. I haven't posted in a while... so I guess I'm still a n00b xD

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I've been here a year in august... i think... I'll hang around indefinatley I suppose... until i get bored.. but I think it'll last a good few years yet.:D

crono_logical
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
I didn't know Cz was that old. :pI didn't either, until I looked at his Formerly names, since I recogise BM121 :p He joined not even 3 weeks after me :p

I think I came here looking for FF6 and CT stuff first :p

Shaun
05-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I joined late '05. Of course it'll last if Square-Enix keep on making new FFs, and we all know that's going to happen. That's the bottom line.

I joined by simply typing 'Final Fantasy' into Google and finding the site there.

DK
05-23-2006, 04:32 AM
I joined a long long time ago, and will probably be around for some time yet.