PDA

View Full Version : All FF villains are emo

starseeker
05-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Discuss.

In my opinion, most of the FF villains are depressed and hate their lives so they want to destroy everything.

DeathKnight
05-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't think Seymour hates his life, and I don't think he REALLY wants to destroy the world....well he kinda does, but he just wants to marry Yuna and RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE the world...not really destroy it.

Kuja, yup, emo.
Sephiroth, the KING of emo.
Edea, Ultimecia-kind of emo, more witchy than emo.

Chris
05-19-2006, 05:11 PM
- Most definitely yes. C'mon, Kuja, male wearing a thong? EMO.

- My father? Hahahahahaha! What does it matter anymore? I'm much better off destroying the entire world. I watch people from the shadows; lonely as my crying heart. Sephiroth! EMO.

Elpizo
05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
here's a question: Them being Emo, makes that those villains bad?

LunarWeaver
05-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I'd be pretty ultra-emo with their backstories too... Except Ultimecia I think somebody just cast a PMS spell on her or something.

Chris
05-19-2006, 05:15 PM
here's a question: Them being Emo, makes that those villains bad?
Badder.

Meat Puppet
05-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Yes I think that all the Final Fantasy supervillains show emotion at some stage.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-19-2006, 05:24 PM
whats emo?
seriously i have no idea

Captain Maxx Power
05-19-2006, 05:32 PM
EMO is wrong. That's all anyone needs to know.

This is an interesting theory. We'd have to observe the characters to see if they sneak off to wear Converse shoes, or slit their wrists, or listen to MCR or HIM. If they are EMO it just makes me want to kill them more of course.

LunarWeaver
05-19-2006, 05:32 PM
whats emo?
seriously i have no idea

^It means you want to be clinically diagnosed as depressed but you aren't so you just go around wearing black all day.

I'm not sure if I'd call Seymour Emo though...he was just kinda crazy. But Sin was totally Emo'd.

NeoCracker
05-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Hey, Kuja is not EMo :mad: He doesn't hate himeself, nor does he go around saying no one understands him. And he's happy a lot. That, my friend is very un emo.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Chaos: Not emo
Zeromus: Not emo
X-Death: Not emo
Kefka: Not emo

Just to name a few.

starseeker
05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Chaos: Not emo
Zeromus: Not emo
X-Death: Not emo
Kefka: Not emo

Just to name a few.

They still want to destroy the world, but I was thinking of the newer villains when I made this thread.

Acid Raine
05-19-2006, 07:46 PM

This is an interesting theory. We'd have to observe the characters to see if they sneak off to wear Converse shoes, or slit their wrists, or listen to MCR or HIM. If they are EMO it just makes me want to kill them more of course.

:irked: I dont appreciate that. I think emos suck, but I wear the shoes!

Chaos - not emo
Emperor OF Paramecia (there you go SmartassLadyNyara) - Totally emo.
Zande - dont know. Never played III (scummy American, party of one!)
Ze(ro)mus - nah.....
Exdeath - Pshaw! As if!
Kefka - >> he is the polar opposite of emo. He is ALWAYS happy and he LOVES his life. Until ya know, he gets killed.
Sephiroth - Oh, Jesus christ. He is to emos what L. Ron Hubbard is to Scientologists.
Ultemecia - Kind of. But I'll say no cuz emo girls are ugly and Aunt Ulty is kinda hot.
Kuja - He is too emo! Who else would go into a sociopathic homicidal rage because he found out he was going to DIE someday?
Seymour - Well, it is said that he went all insane on us because of being called a halfling. Who else but an emo would be insulted by that?
Shuyin - the epitome of emo. He has it down to a T. Being uberly depressed because his lover left him for 1000 years. It is just too perfect!

Elpizo
05-19-2006, 08:05 PM

:irked: I dont appreciate that. I think emos suck, but I wear the shoes!

Chaos - not emo
Zande - dont know. Never played III (scummy American, party of one!)
Ze(ro)mus - nah.....
Exdeath - Pshaw! As if!
Kefka - >> he is the polar opposite of emo. He is ALWAYS happy and he LOVES his life. Until ya know, he gets killed.
Sephiroth - Oh, Jesus christ. He is to emos what L. Ron Hubbard is to Scientologists.
Ultemecia - Kind of. But I'll say no cuz emo girls are ugly and Aunt Ulty is kinda hot.
Kuja - He is too emo! Who else would go into a sociopathic homicidal rage because he found out he was going to DIE someday?
Seymour - Well, it is said that he went all insane on us because of being called a halfling. Who else but an emo would be insulted by that?
Shuyin - the epitome of emo. He has it down to a T. Being uberly depressed because his lover left him for 1000 years. It is just too perfect!
Kuaj would not die SOEMDAY, he would die soon, Garland had put a limit on his life. He could not stand that. And hey, I like how he thinks: "If I go, everything goes with me!"
At least he could explain why he wishes to destroy all, something Jenova, Zande, Zeromus, ExDeath did not say. Kefka is diffferent. he just foudn life istelf unworthy and wished to destroy it. Lol. Nice guy. :)

Shiny
05-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Not necessarily... I don't re-call Edea hating her life, she was more so possesed. Her real self is a kind and caring person. Kefka never showed any signs of being "emo" just extremely angry and psychopathic. He hated everyone except himself. Seymour "emo"? No, he's just...weird and obviously he didn't hate his life if he wanted to sustain it even after getting killed.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Zande - dont know. Never played III (scummy American, party of one!)Zande was one of the three students of Archmage Noah, along with Dorga and Unne. When Noah died, he bequeathed his assets to his three students in a supposedly even fashion. To Dorga, he gave his knowledge of magic; to Unne, he gave his mastery over the world of dreams; to Zande, he gave his life as a human being. Zande didn't think too much of human life, though, so he figured he had been snubbed and decided to become the king of demons and badness in order to get some real power.

For most of the game, he stays out of sight while letting his agents, such as Medusa and Kraken, wage chaos and death throughout the world in his name. Near the end of the game, he succeeds in summoning the Cloud of Darkness just as the Warriors of Light finally catch up with him, but instead of getting the dark power he's been after, he just gets fried for his trouble.

So, Zande isn't emo so much as he's just a huge jerk.

Acid Raine
05-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Zande - dont know. Never played III (scummy American, party of one!)Zande was one of the three students of Archmage Noah, along with Dorga and Unne. When Noah died, he bequeathed his assets to his three students in a supposedly even fashion. To Dorga, he gave his knowledge of magic; to Unne, he gave his mastery over the world of dreams; to Zande, he gave his life as a human being. Zande didn't think too much of human life, though, so he figured he had been snubbed and decided to become the king of demons and badness in order to get some real power.

For most of the game, he stays out of sight while letting his agents, such as Medusa and Kraken, wage chaos and death throughout the world in his name. Near the end of the game, he succeeds in summoning the Cloud of Darkness just as the Warriors of Light finally catch up with him, but instead of getting the dark power he's been after, he just gets fried for his trouble.

So, Zande isn't emo so much as he's just a huge jerk.

bequeathed is a funny word!

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Emo's are fake goths that hate everything and want to die, but won't actually kill themselves. Emo's just complain all the time and listen to /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif music. They're also anorexic and vegetarian.

Which villain does that remind you of? :confused: none.

Peter_20
05-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Kefka was no emo, ON THE CONTRARY! :eek::D

Sephiroth and Kuja, though, were pretty emo - but still cool. :cool:

Acid Raine
05-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Emo's are fake goths that hate everything and want to die, but won't actually kill themselves. Emo's just complain all the time and listen to /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif music. They're also anorexic and vegetarian.

Theres more to it than that. They are also very feminine and are easily upset. And when they ARE upset, they tend to let everyone know it. They also dress in tight clothes.

which villain does that remind you of? :confused: a LOT

NeoCracker
05-20-2006, 05:47 PM

Theres more to it than that. They are also very feminine and are easily upset. And when they ARE upset, they tend to let everyone know it. They also dress in tight clothes.

which villain does that remind you of? :confused: a LOT
That sounds like old poeple though. Does that mean Kuja is my Grandpa?

Acid Raine
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
:eek: Old people dress in tight clothes and are very feminine?????? creepy....

minki
05-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I don't think Seymour hates his life, and I don't think he REALLY wants to destroy the world....well he kinda does, but he just wants to marry Yuna and RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE the world...not really destroy it.

Seymour is probably one of the more original and refreshing villians in the FF saga in that he's driven by love (or what he thinks is love) more so than destruction.

I don't think any of the villians are really emo. They're all angsty to varying degrees, but I wouldn't call them emo.

NeoCracker
05-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, your description of Emo sounds a lot like many Pro Wrestlers. Does that mean Kuja's a pro wrestler too?

Acid Raine
05-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro wrestlers are very feminine????? :eek:

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Emo=gay.

how many villians are gay? And, I don't think Kuja was wearing 'tight clothes'. It was loose, duh.

Acid Raine
05-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Most emos are bi, actually. And anyways, how do we know if they were gay/bi or not? The only one who had any sort of relationship in mind was Seymour.

And that thong was pretty grippy.

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 07:49 PM
but the rest was loose. and, it's not much of a thong.

Acid Raine
05-20-2006, 07:56 PM
What planet are you on? That was a thong if ive ever seen one.

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 08:00 PM
okay, it was a thong.

NeoCracker
05-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Pro wrestlers are very feminine????? :eek:
A few.

Acid Raine
05-20-2006, 08:12 PM
How? Not even the female wrestlers are femnine.

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 08:22 PM
wrestling=/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif

what's so entertaining about 2 men in tights hugging eachother, jumping on top of eachother, and telling eachother what to do by screaming? :confused:

LunarWeaver
05-20-2006, 09:57 PM
wrestling=/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif

what's so entertaining about 2 men in tights hugging eachother, jumping on top of eachother, and telling eachother what to do by screaming? :confused:

Do you want me to answer this? XD

NeoCracker
05-20-2006, 11:03 PM
How? Not even the female wrestlers are femnine.
Gold Dust wears a wig.

Nick Schovitz
05-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Kuja and Sephiroth that's all that I have to say and I have to say Sephiroth more, because he just wants a hug from Mommy, that's why I didn't like VII, lame villian who was mentally challenged.

DJZen
05-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Chaos: used to be a good knight became a dark knight for reasons unknown. Sounds not quite emo, but certainly heading in that direction.
Emperor Of Palakia (do I get l337 points for saying Palakia?): Is motivated to destroy the world for vague reasons that aren't gotten into much. I'd say not emo.
Zande..Dark Cloud?: again, only slightly.
Zeromus: He shows up, says "Grrr... Zrrr..." and then dies. His emo status is undeterminable.
Exdeath: Meh, never got that far.
Kefka: Oh good god no. If anything he's manic.
Sephiroth: Let's see, he wants to destroy the world because he hates his dad. Yup, $10 says he was the 2nd person to register a livejournal.
Ultimecia: She suffers from Zeromus syndrom. Couldn't tell ya.
Necron: Ditto.
Yevon: Seen throughout the whole game but never talks. May or may not be emo.

DarkLadyNyara
05-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Garland/ Chaos- Possibly, not enough backstory to judge.

Emperor of Palamecia- I'd say, no.

How do you figure that? A psycopath, maybe, but not emo.

Is motivated to destroy the world for vague reasons that aren't gotten into much. I'd say not emo.
No, actually, he was trying to conquer the world. At least for most of the game. :D

Kefka- Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Not by a long shot.

Sephiroth- Oh, God, yes. Sephy is the patron saint of emos. (Not that he doesn't kick ass, but, really.:D )

Ultimecia- undetermined. Possibly.

Kuja- If he's not emo, he's the next best (?) thing.

I don't know enough about the others.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-21-2006, 05:19 AM
Emperor Of Palakia (do I get l337 points for saying Palakia?)Only with that FlareNUKE guy.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Discuss.

In my opinion, most of the FF villains are depressed and hate their lives so they want to destroy everything.
that's why they are call villain...

koocnahtanoj
05-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Don't get emo confused with depression,it's a totally different thing.

FallenAngel411
05-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Most villains do some psychotic reason for destroying everything. Doesn't make them emo, just really fucked up.

jesteranimefreak
05-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Sephiroth != emo

Sephiroth = depressed genocideal<sp?> psyco! whose also an emo. :p

I don't have much opinion with the rest...

ljkkjlcm9
05-27-2006, 08:31 PM
one thing I hate about the emo term is, if you have myspace, livejournal, xanga.... that's emo, no it isn't. Some people on it are emo, but just cause you have it doesn't make you emo

anyways, most of the villians aren't emo, so that's an incorrect statement

THE JACKEL

Moon Rabbits
05-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Emo=gay.

how many villians are gay? And, I don't think Kuja was wearing 'tight clothes'. It was loose, duh.

I love how you used gay as an insult (/sarcasm).

Acid Raine
05-28-2006, 07:54 AM
one thing I hate about the emo term is, if you have myspace, livejournal, xanga.... that's emo, no it isn't. Some people on it are emo, but just cause you have it doesn't make you emo

THE JACKAL
Hopefully these people arent serious.....

And depression and emo are usually one in the same. All emos are depressed, but not all depressed people are emos.

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 08:12 AM
FF villains fall into one of three categories:

1- Mysterious villain who isn't revealed until later in the story and has cloudy reasons as to why they want to anhillate existence

2- Character who led a tragic past and has become a nihlistic misanthropist who believes that all life must be extinguished

or

3- Both

Always.

DJZen
05-28-2006, 02:17 PM

THE JACKAL

And depression and emo are usually one in the same. All emos are depressed, but not all depressed people are emos.

To differentiate:

Depression is a mental state of actually feeling miserable.

Emo is a social scene based on bragging about how miserable you feel because your girlfriend totally dumped you and now you know nothing but pain and tears which you feel the need to share with everyone on your LJ and myspace but you're totally not faking it and omfg how can you call my tears a lie screw all you guys I'm gonna go cut myself now 'cause you drove me to do it and I hate all of you because you don't understand me or my art but I still want to tell you all about all my problems like how my girlfriend totally dumped me and it was her fault and I hate her but I want her back too.

Another way of saying it would be to say that a depressed person has a certain likelihood of cutting himself and not telling anyone, while someone emo has a certain likelihood of telling EVERYONE he's cutting himself and never actually doing it.

In other words, Sephiroth and Cloud.

Acid Raine
05-28-2006, 08:23 PM

THE JACKAL

To differentiate:

Depression is a mental state of actually feeling miserable.

Emo is a social scene based on bragging about how miserable you feel because your girlfriend totally dumped you and now you know nothing but pain and tears which you feel the need to share with everyone on your LJ and myspace but you're totally not faking it and omfg how can you call my tears a lie screw all you guys I'm gonna go cut myself now 'cause you drove me to do it and I hate all of you because you don't understand me or my art but I still want to tell you all about all my problems like how my girlfriend totally dumped me and it was her fault and I hate her but I want her back too.

Another way of saying it would be to say that a depressed person has a certain likelihood of cutting himself and not telling anyone, while someone emo has a certain likelihood of telling EVERYONE he's cutting himself and never actually doing it.

In other words, Sephiroth and Cloud.

Exactly. That is why I hate emos. :exdee: Im always lecturing emos about how depression isnt feeling sorry for yourself, its a serious mental condition. Thats why Im not popular amongst the emo subculture.

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 02:20 PM
I guess Sephy and Kuja can be emo, but Seymour wants power and doesnt hate his life.

Exactly. That is why I hate emos. Im always lecturing emos about how depression isnt feeling sorry for yourself, its a serious mental condition. Thats why Im not popular amongst the emo subculture.
Sam here.