PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation3s WILL NOT FAIL!

DeathKnight
05-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Sony Takes PS3 Overseas
Your PS3 could be made by Communists!
by Anoop Gantayat
May 16, 2006 - Jiji News reports today that, with the PlayStation 3, Sony will be doing something it's never done for one of its game consoles. According to the news service, the company will rely in part on production facilities outside of Japan for the manufacturing of the initial batch of PlayStation 3 hardware.

Specific plans call for Chinese manufacturing facilities to begin PS3 production this Summer. The news service did not specify what parts of the system would be manufactured by the plants.
In previous generations, Sony has produced its consoles initially in Japan, moving production to overseas facilities later in the systems' lifecycle.

The news service reports that Sony plans to use its mass production capabilities as a tool to quickly take the lead in the next generation console race with Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony has announced plans to ship six PS3 million units worldwide by March of 2007, a number that its competitors have questioned.

Source: IGN.com

So I'll be getting one at LAUNCH! :happy:

MecaKane
05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
1. What does that have to do with ps3 not failing?
2. What does it have to do with anything anyone cares about?
3. There's a ps3 thread at the top of the page.
:love:

DeathKnight
05-19-2006, 05:24 PM
1. What does that have to do with ps3 not failing?
2. What does it have to do with anything anyone cares about?
3. There's a ps3 thread at the top of the page.
:love:

-Well less errors(which lead to systems failing or acting up)***communists don't play around, they'll make PERFECT systems***
-Yes there are people who CARE.

MecaKane
05-19-2006, 05:26 PM
How do you know there are less errors?
I'm pretty sure the errors in the first gen ps2s weren't due to the Japanese's lousy work ethic.

Shoden
05-19-2006, 05:32 PM
STEREOTYPE!!!!!

The chinese make almost everything though, what's so good about them making the PS3?

escobert
05-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Could be chaper, so maybe they're hoping to bring the price down. Or just be mean and save themselves some money.

edczxcvbnm
05-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Just because they ship 6 million by X date does not mean that people will buy those 6 million. I know I am not paying $500 or $600 for a game system. That is insane!

MecaKane
05-19-2006, 06:15 PM
The only thing we can do is wait till november to see if there's a shortage the same as ps2 or xbox360 to see if the prices were right.

Black Mage
05-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Talk about one hell of an uninformed thread.

Communists will make perfect consoles. What?

bipper
05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Rediculous. Communists make perfect _____? What are endless plethora of .... are these claims based on?

That aide, I have known and touted this information for about 4 months as it not very striking news. Sony is begining to outsource a LOT more, and I feel it will affect thier product. My opinion and foresight is based on working in a feild that has seen a lot of out sourcing. It makes more of a margin that can be consoled into profit (and usually is...) rather than turned back into the product or pumped into other company expences. It is just one more reason I think the PS3 has anything but a guarentee at lasting this round out.

gluck,

Bipper

Samuraid
05-19-2006, 08:52 PM
***communists don't play around, they'll make PERFECT systems***
Of course they will. :p After all, the Communists did make a perfect Chernobyl reactor. In fact, it was so perfect, it didn't even have a containment barrier. :rolleyes2

On a more serious note, most consoles have at least some components manufactured in communist countries. It isn't very abnormal for that to happen.

Erdrick Holmes
05-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Alot of major consoles have a flaw or two at the start. PS2s at first stopped reading discs after a year or so and the XBox had faulty power cords that shock it's owners or cause fires.

Dreddz
05-19-2006, 09:29 PM
All PS2's brake at some point, thats what Sony do best ;)

Elite Lord Sigma
05-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Um...most electronics are made in China...so I fail to see how this has anything to do with the PS3 not being a failure (which I believe it will be).

ZeZipster
05-19-2006, 10:35 PM
This won't be the last we hear of Sony, even if the PS3 doesn't do as good as they want. They've already got Square-Enix developing games for them. That should mean a lot to us on a Final Fantasy MB. I don't think any console will meet it's demise this generation.

Roto13
05-19-2006, 11:23 PM
This won't be the last we hear of Sony, even if the PS3 doesn't do as good as they want. They've already got Square-Enix developing games for them. That should mean a lot to us on a Final Fantasy MB. I don't think any console will meet it's demise this generation.
I agree with this. I don't plan to buy one, and it's certainly not getting as much hype as it could be, but I don't think it's going to fail. Nor will the Wii (definitely not the Wii) or Xbox 360.

By the way, Deathknight, your logic sucks.

nik0tine
05-19-2006, 11:32 PM
-Well less errors(which lead to systems failing or acting up)***communists don't play around, they'll make PERFECT systems***Like thier healthcare systems?

Hawkeye
05-20-2006, 12:23 AM
No, their mass production system lines in Vietnam saying, "Made in China." Retards.

Shoden
05-20-2006, 12:33 AM
There is never a guarantee something will or will not fail. The communists make good stuff, but they never get it perfect. If they did, they could take over the world, the communists will install nuclear devices in the consoles and when the time is right they will probe us and we shall be their slaves. Or they'll mess up all together and sony will kill them.

Skyblade
05-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Sony Takes PS3 Overseas
Your PS3 could be made by Communists!
by Anoop Gantayat
May 16, 2006 - Jiji News reports today that, with the PlayStation 3, Sony will be doing something it's never done for one of its game consoles. According to the news service, the company will rely in part on production facilities outside of Japan for the manufacturing of the initial batch of PlayStation 3 hardware.

Specific plans call for Chinese manufacturing facilities to begin PS3 production this Summer. The news service did not specify what parts of the system would be manufactured by the plants.
In previous generations, Sony has produced its consoles initially in Japan, moving production to overseas facilities later in the systems' lifecycle.

The news service reports that Sony plans to use its mass production capabilities as a tool to quickly take the lead in the next generation console race with Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony has announced plans to ship six PS3 million units worldwide by March of 2007, a number that its competitors have questioned.

Source: IGN.com

This doesn't mean it won't fail. In fact, it is probably a pretty good indication that it will fail, or at least fall short of Sony's expectations. No matter how many they have ready to ship at the release date, at $599 a system, they aren't going to sell as many as they seem to think they will. Granted, they'll sell some. There's always someone willing to throw money away like that (case in point):

So I'll be getting one at LAUNCH! :happy:

But most people aren't going to pay that much for the system, especially since it will take another $50 at least to pick up any games for it. If they stick to this price, I think that the odds are in favor of the system failing. However, I think that once they get the figures in on the system sales, Sony will realize its mistake and we'll see a massive price cut. If not... Well, it won't have been the first system to die because of price gouging.

Shoden
05-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Always wait till around Christmas time or New Year to get a console, the prices are alot lower, but you have to be quick, once demand starts rising the price will go down.

It's normally £30 for a new PS2 game, and £35+ for a new XB 360 game.

fantasyjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:57 AM
I just don't see the "WOW" factor with the PS3 and the 360 that I did with the XBOX and PS2. The jump in graphics just isnt that great for either system. I don't know very much about the Wii so I'm not qualified to make a statement on that one. But being a game freak, with a wife and kid that are also game freaks I'll end up having all 3 :rolleyes2

NeoCracker
05-21-2006, 06:01 AM
I'm going to ba alone and still have all three, I'll get 360 if only to play Conkor Live and REloaded mostly, and the few good games that will come out.

Rengori
05-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Sony knows two things:
1. No normal person will pay $600 at launch
2. China has less labor laws and they can pay less there too.

Dignified Pauper
05-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Sony knows two things:

I am willing to pay 600 for it, simply because all the technology is very worth it.

NeoCracker
05-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Sony knows two things:

I am willing to pay 600 for it, simply because all the technology is very worth it.
I'm willing to pay 600 for it, just to prove I'm not normal. I would have done it anyway but I take this as a challange to my honor.

Malboro_Menace
05-21-2006, 09:35 AM
I for one am getting so sick of everyone complaining about the PS3's price. The Xbox and PS2 were practically the same at launch if not more. Also its another six months or so till release so alot can happen.

In reply to the thread, the only thing this may affect is that the price will go down or up. More likely down.

Roto13
05-21-2006, 05:11 PM
The Xbox and PS2 were practically the same at launch if not more.
That's... simply not true.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the errors in the first gen ps2s weren't due to the Japanese's lousy work ethic.
hoho...what are you saying dude?...playstation 3 will be a great console , just like PS2...until now, PS2 still got more excellent titles such as God of War 2 and Final fantasy 12...

Mirage
05-21-2006, 07:02 PM
hoho...what are you saying dude?...playstation 3 will be a great console , just like PS2...until now, PS2 still got more excellent titles such as God of War 2 and Final fantasy 12...
What has the number of good titles have to do with the quality of the electronics inside the console? I don't think these "news" will mean anything. 95% of all electronics are made in china or taiwan anyway.
Everyone knows from experience that the first releases of electronics or programmes contain bugs, some fewer or less serious bugs than others, but still bugs. The PS3 is no exception. In fact, I think the PS3 will have more bugs than usual because they're being pressured by MS. That could lead to cutting (more) corners and choosing the absolutely lowest quality components avaliable to save money and get the console out as fast as possible.

By the way, your font choice and size is annoying.

DeathKnight
05-21-2006, 07:06 PM
No matter where it's made I'm still gonna buy the damn thing and show off to you all here :mwahaha:

PS: If it brakes down and I have to buy another, then so be it (now call me a Nintendo fanboy and I'll crush the heck out of ya, jk, but seriously)

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 07:20 PM
when gamecube and xbox been released, many critics claim that PS2 will go nowhere...but until now, we can see that PS2 still have what it takes to be the best...i still have faith in Sony...

Mirage
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Faith is what keeps Sony alive :)

Malboro_Menace
05-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Everyone knows from experience that the first releases of electronics or programmes contain bugs, some fewer or less serious bugs than others, but still bugs.

The Xbox 360 had a major problem with bugs didn't it?

Anyway if you think that the PS3 will cost too much just don't buy it at launch. The price will go down for sure. In a month it will probably go down $100-$200.

Originally Posted by Malboro_Menace:
The Xbox and PS2 were practically the same at launch if not more.

That's... simply not true.

They were here. I remember when PS2 came out they were $750 at the least. I waited till they were $250.

KentaRawr!
05-21-2006, 10:22 PM
They were here. I remember when PS2 came out they were $750 at the least. I waited till they were $250.

$750? That CAN'T be true. I'm gonna have to go look that up. :O

Edit: Found it. $299 at launch. >_> http://ps2.ign.com/articles/079/079176p1.html

Rase
05-21-2006, 10:40 PM
$750? That CAN'T be true. I'm gonna have to go look that up. :O

Edit: Found it. $299 at launch. >_> http://ps2.ign.com/articles/079/079176p1.html

You must remember also that he is in Australia, and therefore probably means in Australian Dollars (AUD). At the current exchange rate, that's about $575 US Dollars, but it could have been around $300 USD back when the PS2 was released, who can say?

KentaRawr!
05-22-2006, 12:03 AM
You must remember also that he is in Australia, and therefore probably means in Australian Dollars (AUD). At the current exchange rate, that's about $575 US Dollars, but it could have been around $300 USD back when the PS2 was released, who can say?

Oh. Well, that makes sense I suppose. :O

Reine
05-23-2006, 05:59 AM
Like I said in another thread, the PS2 was around $900 here upon its release. The playstation cost $750 at launch here.

Roto13
05-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Anyway, the PS2 didn't cost as much as the PS3 will. That's the point.