PDA

View Full Version : Does Yazoo have a specialty?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Ok, between Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo, why is yazoo the only one without something special?

Kadaj turns into Sephiroth, and has that double bladed sword.

Loz has that electric shocking arm thing

What does Yazoo have? I was going to say it was that gun resembling a gunblade but he is not the only one who has it.

So why is he so under privalaged? haha

LunarWeaver
05-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Isn't he the one summoning those black fugly dog-monster things?

If not, then his special ability is being suckier then the other two. There always has to be the least useful one of the posse... He's the Jubilee of the remnants.

Masamunemaster
05-21-2006, 03:32 AM
I think that he was better than the others with the gunblades

Xurts
05-21-2006, 04:27 AM
He has the gunblade skill. Loz only uses his once in the movie, and Yazoo uses his every fight.

DarkLadyNyara
05-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Kadaj turns into Sephiroth,
Actually, it's possible that any of the three could hjave done that.

Mokoto
05-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Well i thought he was the only one who could someoen those shadow things but at the beginnign kadaj makes them disapear when they are just over cloud but i think yazoos better than loz, i dont know why though.

Xurts
05-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Well i thought he was the only one who could someoen those shadow things but at the beginnign kadaj makes them disapear when they are just over cloud but i think yazoos better than loz, i dont know why though.
They have equal control over the Shadow Creepers. The Shadow Creepers are negative Spirit Energy. Negative Spirit Energy results when people die from Geostigma, and people die from Geostigma because they have Jenova cells in them. Sephiroth can control Jenova Cells, and since Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo are remanants of Sephiroth, that means they have equal control over the Shadow Creepers.

ekinserge
05-22-2006, 08:06 AM
he acts like mr cool...and i think he has the fastest speed among the three...he doesn't rush, he act as fast as he think...

*~Angel Wing~*
05-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Yazoo's specialty is he acts and talks like he's high all the time, and always has his head cocked to one side. Oh yeah, and he has [!]sh*tty[/!]*snip* aim with a gun. :D

Then Loz is a big baby, and Kadaj is just weird and gay. No wait...they're all weird and gay. :rolleyes2 :D

Do not go around the filters. ~ Leeza

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Let's not use "gay" as a derogatory term. It's terribly impolite, to say the least.

Perducci
05-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Isn't Yazoo the one who shoots Cloud at the end?

Please mark your spoilers with the spoiler tags.

~Void

Shiny
05-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Yazoo's specialty is he acts and talks like he's high all the time, and always has his head cocked to one side. Oh yeah, and he has /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty aim with a gun. :D

I agree...his speciality is always having the same expression on his face too. :D

Moon Rabbits
05-24-2006, 12:49 AM
His specialty was being the only thing in the movie worth watching. :) Here is a simple equation to prove it:

Advent Children - Yazoo = Crap.

They have equal control over the Shadow Creepers. The Shadow Creepers are negative Spirit Energy. Negative Spirit Energy results when people die from Geostigma, and people die from Geostigma because they have Jenova cells in them. Sephiroth can control Jenova Cells, and since Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo are remanants of Sephiroth, that means they have equal control over the Shadow Creepers.

I'd like to know where you got this piece of information that seems rather crucial to the plot...cuz I don't remember it being mentioned ever in the movie. :)

~SapphireStar~
05-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah Yazzo has his wicked aim and an awesome driver. Thats all that I can think of.

He has the gunblade skill. Loz only uses his once in the movie, and Yazoo uses his every fight.
Loz uses his lighting arm skill in every Cloud battle. Same with Yazzo, he only uses his gun when he battles Cloud.

LunarWeaver
05-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Wait I did some heavy research and discovered Yazoo's power is being voiced by Dave Wittenberg, who is a voice actor in 90% of everything lately, and so Sexy Voice is his special power... Ah, mystery solved at last.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to go with the 'he can pull a trigger on a gun better then the other two'. After all, Cloud kicks everybody's ass for an hour and 20 minutes before one shot from Yazoo takes him down. Dragons don't kill people, guns kill people. I am a huge fan of the movie by the way aheh , I know it's hard to tell. :bounce:

Xurts
05-24-2006, 02:27 AM
His specialty was being the only thing in the movie worth watching. :) Here is a simple equation to prove it:

I'd like to know where you got this piece of information that seems rather crucial to the plot...cuz I don't remember it being mentioned ever in the movie. :) It isn't mentioned in the movie. I got the information from the Advent Children Plot FAQ (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/657/657331p1.html). Refer to the section "The Origin of the Shadow Creepers". That FAQ is INSANELY helpful in explaining pretty much everything about the movie and the game.

SapphireStar, Loz uses his Velvet Nightmare at the very beginning of the fight at the Forgotten City (notice the attachment). This is the only time he uses it throughout the entire movie.

Mo-Nercy
05-24-2006, 11:07 PM
SapphireStar, Loz uses his Velvet Nightmare at the very beginning of the fight at the Forgotten City (notice the attachment). This is the only time he uses it throughout the entire movie.
Because later on in that battle, Yazoo stealthily yoinks it from him xD Very neat.

Speaking of the battle in the Forgotton Capital, Yazoo and Loz combine to make a pretty effective pairing. Loz assaults Cloud with his speed and close range attacks while Yazoo takes pot shots from the air.

He later contributes to the fight against Reno and Rude. He shows that he can go hand-to-hand in that one.

And yeah he killed Cloud

Side note: Velvet Nightmare isn't a gunblade. People at first speculated that it was leading up to the film's release but it doesn't actually do any slashing or stabbing. Yazoo uses it to block an attack from Cloud during the motorcycle chase, but that's about it. It's just a gun.

Big D
05-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Side note: Velvet Nightmare isn't a gunblade. People at first speculated that it was leading up to the film's release but it doesn't actually do any slashing or stabbing. Yazoo uses it to block an attack from Cloud during the motorcycle chase, but that's about it. It's just a gun.Yeah, I chuckled at the end of the highway chase when he realised Cloud had simply sliced it in two - the barrel and chaber might be tough, but the rest of that weapon wasn't made to take impacts.

Griff
05-25-2006, 01:34 AM
his specialty was kidnapping kids , duh.

Actually I think each of them were supposed to emphasize a different part of childhood. Loz was a whiny crybaby who misses his mom and wants to play. Kadaj represented a child's need to feel needed/important/useful to a parent. Yazoo, as far as I can figure out, represents a child's need for companionship and brotherhood, hense why he is the only one who never fights alone throughout the movie.

*~Angel Wing~*
05-25-2006, 02:01 AM

Final Fantasy VII isn't my favorite, but I thought Advent Children was pretty good. :up: I actually think Advent Children made me like FFVII a little bit more. :)

Shiny
05-25-2006, 02:46 AM
his specialty was kidnapping kids , duh.

Actually I think each of them were supposed to emphasize a different part of childhood. Loz was a whiny crybaby who misses his mom and wants to play. Kadaj represented a child's need to feel needed/important/useful to a parent.
Exactly... HAHA well put!

Xurts
05-25-2006, 03:12 AM
And yeah he killed Cloud
Cloud never dies. Yazoo shoots him, and then he turns around and attacks both of them. He gets knocked unconscious by the explosion, but he doesn't die. Then Avalanche comes and rescues him, and they take him to the church. There, whatever injuries he had are healed, and he regains consciousness.

Moon Rabbits
05-26-2006, 04:26 AM
It isn't mentioned in the movie. I got the information from the Advent Children Plot FAQ (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/657/657331p1.html). Refer to the section "The Origin of the Shadow Creepers". That FAQ is INSANELY helpful in explaining pretty much everything about the movie and the game.

I'd like to know where they got their information, I've read that FAQ already.

3/4 if not all of it was made up/pulled out of their ass when they tried to explain the plot hole that was the entire movie.

Big D
05-26-2006, 04:56 AM
Anything that's not backed up by a reference is probably Squall of SeeD's own theory. He is uniquely skilled at in-depth analysis and theoretical deconstruction of FF titles. Doesn't mean he's an authoritative source - I disagree with plenty of his views - but at least he's fluent and thorough about it.

How is "the entire movie" a plot hole? A lot of Advent Children's critics tend to go overboard and condemn the entire thing in every way, simply because various aspects didn't appeal to them.

Moon Rabbits
05-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Well of course I was going overboard, it's called exagguration. And yes, I probably spelled that wrong.

I don't dislike the movie, I watch the fight scenes every few weeks if I'm bored. But, I'll show you how AC came into life:

Poor poor Tetsuya Nomura is asleep at home when rabid Sephiroth fanboys break in and bind him to a chair. No matter how much SephirothxCloud yaoi he offers to draw them they are not pleased, thus he is scarred for life by the unementionable horrors they inflict upon him. The next day Nomura fights as hard as possible to convince the current high-up guy of Square to make a FF7 sequel. The next day the script and story is done. :)

LunarWeaver
05-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Well of course I was going overboard, it's called exagguration. And yes, I probably spelled that wrong.

I don't dislike the movie, I watch the fight scenes every few weeks if I'm bored. But, I'll show you how AC came into life:

Poor poor Tetsuya Nomura is asleep at home when rabid Sephiroth fanboys break in and bind him to a chair. No matter how much SephirothxCloud yaoi he offers to draw them they are not pleased, thus he is scarred for life by the unementionable horrors they inflict upon him. The next day Nomura fights as hard as possible to convince the current high-up guy of Square to make a FF7 sequel. The next day the script and story is done. :)

I have us doing this to Nomura on video tape if you'd like to see it.

Didn't I already answer the question of this topic?

Yazoo's Power = Being voiced by Dave Wittenberg. What's all this -debate- everywhere.

Xurts
05-27-2006, 12:24 AM
It isn't mentioned in the movie. I got the information from the Advent Children Plot FAQ (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/657/657331p1.html). Refer to the section "The Origin of the Shadow Creepers". That FAQ is INSANELY helpful in explaining pretty much everything about the movie and the game.

I'd like to know where they got their information, I've read that FAQ already.

3/4 if not all of it was made up/pulled out of their ass when they tried to explain the plot hole that was the entire movie. He gets this information by carefully analyzing certain events in both the game and the movie. Most of the things he says make sense. At least everything I have read.

Moon Rabbits
05-27-2006, 12:28 AM
He gets this information by carefully analyzing certain events in both the game and the movie. Most of the things he says make sense. At least everything I have read.

I don't recall negative spirit energy being mentioned once in FF7 or AC.

As for you Lunar Weaver, I'm locking my windows at night from now on.

And Yazoo's specialty as I said is actually being totally awesome and the only reason to watch the movie is to see Yazoo and be like OMG LYK HES SO PRETTY.

Griff
05-27-2006, 01:38 AM

I have us doing this to Nomura on video tape if you'd like to see it.
I'll take two copies.

Xurts
05-27-2006, 03:34 AM
He gets this information by carefully analyzing certain events in both the game and the movie. Most of the things he says make sense. At least everything I have read.

I don't recall negative spirit energy being mentioned once in FF7 or AC. A lot of things aren't said in the game or the movie, but does that mean they simply don't exist? Of course not. Not everything is going to be presented to you so obviously. This might be a scary thought, but for some of these things you actually have to think a bit.

Moon Rabbits
05-27-2006, 04:09 AM

I don't recall negative spirit energy being mentioned once in FF7 or AC. A lot of things aren't said in the game or the movie, but does that mean they simply don't exist? Of course not. Not everything is going to be presented to you so obviously. This might be a scary thought, but for some of these things you actually have to think a bit.

I did think a bit, but negative spirit energy or whatever I don't think exists in the FF7 world...but I'll leave you to what you believe.

Xurts
05-27-2006, 09:21 PM

I did think a bit, but negative spirit energy or whatever I don't think exists in the FF7 world...but I'll leave you to what you believe.Instead of negative, you could think of it as corrupt spirit energy. Both are correct.

PresZidane
05-29-2006, 11:57 PM

I did think a bit, but negative spirit energy or whatever I don't think exists in the FF7 world...but I'll leave you to what you believe.Instead of negative, you could think of it as corrupt spirit energy. Both are correct.

Your on Drugs, Jay

Xurts
06-01-2006, 01:23 AM

Your on Drugs, Jay Great Odin's Raven! Never!

I had to reply to that so I could make the quote chain longer. :D

Aralith
06-01-2006, 06:06 AM
I did think a bit, but negative spirit energy or whatever I don't think exists in the FF7 world...but I'll leave you to what you believe.
Actually, the Negative Lifestream (or Spirit Energy) was stated by Tetsuya Nomura in an interview. He states that the black stuff Sephiroth summons down from the heavens during the final fight was Negative Lifestream.

This same stuff can be seen multiple times throughout the movie, including when the beast things are summoned. Though it's true that Squall of Seed extrapolated this a bit into a few parts of the movie, it is founded in fact, and though I disagree with a few of his points, most of his Negative Lifestream analysis I thought was pretty good.

Xurts
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Actually, the Negative Lifestream (or Spirit Energy) was stated by Tetsuya Nomura in an interview. He states that the black stuff Sephiroth summons down from the heavens during the final fight was Negative Lifestream. pwnt

PresZidane
06-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Actually, the Negative Lifestream (or Spirit Energy) was stated by Tetsuya Nomura in an interview. He states that the black stuff Sephiroth summons down from the heavens during the final fight was Negative Lifestream. pwnt

Well, you may have been correct once. But, your still on drugs.