PDA

View Full Version : Funny how things work out (conclusion of pg dies in a train wreck)

Peegee
05-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I hope none of you work for insurance companies.

Anyway, about a month ago or something a person rear-ended me on the highway. I was fine but had whiplash. So I've been going to physio since.

So what?

We took my vehicle to a repair shop. Got a brand new (750$) rear bumper installed and had whatever body repair done on it. All good. I make a turn...

Grinding noise. At first I thought the wheel was not aligned but it didn't seem that way. Maybe the axle! Gasp. We took it to a shop.

Apparently my brother has been driving the front axle into the dirt. 5000$ to replace. Nuts to that. We trash the car.

Yes. The car that was in a car accident actually is worthless!

But there's a silver lining: I've been getting free physiotherapy for about a month now. And I will be getting a few more sessions. My neck is much better, and the doctor has also pretty much removed much of my knots in the top of my back. Today he also adjusted my lower spine. Always a boon.

Anyway, have any of you had a terrible incident turn out amazing? :D

eestlinc
05-19-2006, 10:00 PM
I work in insurance! *sends out goons*

Peegee
05-19-2006, 10:02 PM
grr *fights*

Shoeberto
05-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Quick PG, run to Canada! He can't get you there!

Peegee
05-20-2006, 02:13 AM
*hides in canada*

weee!

Also I got a free water pillow (yes seriously free). I rule!

*dance*

*victory*

*does a peace sign*

Freya
05-20-2006, 02:21 AM
I got in a bus crash once....

My brother chrashed my moms mustang and now his friend is sueing cause he has "Back" pains from it (even though he screwed it up in football or so he told my brother). HE also hit a cow............... yeah a cow.

Peegee
05-20-2006, 04:09 AM

Your friend suing won't win because of that comment.

Also I got a free water pillow!

Leeza
05-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Free physio is great, but it would be even greater if you didn't need it. :)

No, I have not had any accident turn out to be amazing, but maybe my next one will be. :)

Iceglow
05-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I've never had an accident turn out that brilliantly, but when I lost two teeth because my sisters ex b/f (and father of her son) was an aggressive, violent *insert stream of expletives right about here continuing for about, hmmm maybe....no not quite....ah there you go right about finishing here*.

He was going to hit my sister when she was holding a baby under the age of 3 months so I basically drew him off knowing I was going to lose (just a question of how badly) anyway the guy hit me about 4 times in the face (bouncing my head of the wall with each hit) and managed to break my upper jaw on every punch, I lost the two central upper incisor teeth and gained no gratitude from my sister.

What I did gain was the fact that he lost all access to his kid as long as I live at the same address as my sister and he gave up trying to fight it as all I had to do in court was remove the plate (false teeth) and show a jury or the judge even. Unluckily his lawyer was damn good and kept him out of the slammer even though there was no doubt he committed the crime and should have served 5 - 15 years.

Still the best bonus was the party trick (using my false teeth to get cash or drinks was funky) also I gained a lot of respect and a damn good reputation of being a hard man since I never actually lost conciousness or complained of the pain in my jaw when it happened.

Major downsides to the injury? Well I have a vanity complex now, I have to look my best at any given time I have physically refused to leave my house if my hair isn't perfect or if I can't get ready to go out which I never really cared about much before hand I used to just shove a base ball cap on and live with it. I also have a complete lack of confidence when it comes to my looks and yeah I get told regulary by Kitten and others that I am good looking but I just cannot believe they're not just being nice. I also have permanent disfiguration which can affect me doing certain jobs I would love to do.

Overall the bad should outweigh the good but you'd be surprised at how happy I am in life atleast 90% of the time I am happy.

Shoden
05-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Nothing like this, but I've been in bike accidents countless times, once i went straight over my handle bars, about 3 metres, the facial area around tha bottom of my right eye was pouring of blood, and I couldn't move my left leg for a whole 2 days. It was my sister's fault though.

Sephex
05-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Nothing like that has ever happened to me. I wish I could get free physio, though. UPS IS FUN.

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-20-2006, 06:12 PM
My step bro injuered my ankle in judo once, and I couldn't walk as a result, so I got to sit on my butt and get him to make me coffee and bring me food, which was good, but my ankle never healed very well so it hurts if I'm walking/running for too long.

Peegee
05-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Lasuria, that story was sorta wicked. Still, why is it you can't press charges and get them to stick? What sort of defence could they possibly use?

-_-;

DK
05-23-2006, 04:21 AM
The only time it ever worked to my advantage was when I got into a fight when I had broken my arm and I smacked the other guy over the head with my cast.