PDA

View Full Version : Sub-leveling

Crossblades
05-19-2006, 10:20 PM
i don't seem to understand the concept of subleveling. Someone please explain to me how this works

Roogle
05-19-2006, 10:27 PM
It has nothing to do with your main job. You must level it separately, but no matter how high that other job gets, as a subjob, it will cap at half of the level of your main job.

Crossblades
05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
It has nothing to do with your main job. You must level it separately, but no matter how high that other job gets, as a subjob, it will cap at half of the level of your main job.

I'm even more confused. How do you level it up separately?

Roogle
05-19-2006, 11:01 PM
You may switch jobs at any time. Why do you ask?

Lionx
05-19-2006, 11:44 PM
You set your support job, as your main one, and start leveling it.

Vaprice
05-20-2006, 12:08 AM
okay let's say you have a lvl 18 war

and you want to lvl up your subjob. You want to get it at least so lvl 9 that way you won't be 'gimped.' So whatever your main job is at

ex: war 20
-monk 10

whm 30
blm/rdm 15

just some examples. That's what he meant by halving it. *Cutting it in half*

Rostum
05-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Just think of it this way.

You can level every job up to 75, and you can switch to anyone of them through your mog house or through nomad moogles. But, you must have a subjob for that.

Say you have PLD at 75 and WAR at 50 or so. If you made WAR your subjob for PLD, it will turn out as PLD75/WAR37, simply because your subjob will be made half of your mainjob. You can't use any abilities higher than WAR37.

But if you switched WAR as your main, it will go back to level 50, and just for teaching sake, you wanted PLD to be the subjob, it will go down to 25. Because that's half of the mainjob.

You still keep all your levels on each job though, they don't get cut off or anything from subbing them.

Crossblades
05-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Okay, I understand now. I plan to make my hume have a MNK subjob and a Dragoon as a main job(when I do the quest of course) Is that a good combination?

Lionx
05-20-2006, 04:29 AM
In general /WAR and /THF are used the most, with /WAR being good Damage over Time and /THF best at Weapon Skill damage.

/WHM, /RDM have good solo oppurtunities with healing breath, and i heard /NIN is ok for some situations although i aint sure what...=_= But no MNK sub in general doesnt help alot, their Max HP Boost is useless and Boost is not as good as Berserk.

Yeargdribble
05-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I'll just echo what Lionx said. /WAR will be the best overall sub. Once you are past 60 make sure you have /THF available for SATA. Also at 60 you become a pretty decent soloer with /WHM especially and /RDM is okay as well.

/NIN is a good sub for all melees to have available. There will be certain places where it'll be useful like Lionx said. One in particular I can think of is CoP Mission 6-4.

Also I don't want to be a spoilsport and I definitely think every job and race has their place but be prepared to grow a thick skin as a DRG. Your job will be the butt of many jokes and invites will be slow. Learn to do the most with your time LFP and it might be slightly less frustrating. And Good Luck!!

Rostum
05-20-2006, 08:03 AM
That all said, DRG is a very nice job. And I've only come across maybe two out of many that don't know what the hell they are doing. Therefor I believe a lot of them have some decent skill in this game.

So don't get discouraged!

Markus. D
05-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Jumping is Godly!

Yeargdribble
05-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah DRGs can put out really good damage. I don't understand why can't learn to like them more. There is a reason people are so hard on them though. Once upon a time this is what DRG could do...

Pentathrust Spam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWXKFdOkZC4&search=pentathrust)

Eventually SE put in a multi-hit TP nerf and also affected how powerful Meditate could be on your subjob. Before this DRG/SAM could effectively do nothing but Pentathrust non-stop. Being so powerful there were also a lot of RMTs that were DRGs. When people saw DRGs they thought RMT.

Once SE nerfed all of these things and made DRG just a normal melee again everyone hated the job. If you were once a god and then made into a mere man the people wouldn't not accept you. The same thing recently happened with RNG who was insanely powerful if they had enough gil. Square limited them but did not break them. They still do great damage but people just won't accept them as non-diety.

Just make sure to take pride in your job and play it to the best of your ability and you'll be fine and will be undaunted by the naysayers.

Markus. D
05-20-2006, 03:02 PM
wow.... .... ... I am... speechless...

Lionx
05-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Lol i remember that back in the days..it was just holy $#@%ing shiet kinda thing...X3 Actually everyone was godly, WAR with Rampage, and other multi-hit WS were just too good, just load up on Acc and it doesnt matter as long as the WS is sem-decent, just spam it and you can keep up with DMG.

Markus. D
05-21-2006, 02:44 AM
Gosh....

I watched it again about 3 times.

*napoleon dynamyte* GOSH!