PDA

View Full Version : sign here if u have the genji set

szetok
05-19-2006, 10:26 PM
just wondering how many of us went through the tedious hours/game overs to steal the whole genji set from elmdor. when i first fought elmdor i knew i just had to build ramza as close to him as i could. while attemptin to steal the set, elmdor went into a pattern which i obviously exploited.

/sign

RedCydranth
05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Signs. It wasn't that hard for me, but thats because I'm an FFT Pro.

I remember my first playthrough though I missed the set because I was just playing through. That first runthrough I don't know if I got cloud, I got Reis and Worker 8... I dunno.

Anyhow, yeah, I've done it many a time.

Octorok
05-20-2006, 12:04 AM
I stole the whole set and obtained Ultima the battle before.

When I first came to Limberry, I tried a couple hundred times, set aside a seperate save file, moved on to rush through the rest of the game, and then returned to the old save file.

feioncastor
05-20-2006, 02:28 AM
Of course I do. The first time I ever got it, I used Agrias as a thief. The chances of her getting his shield was about 9%, and eventually, she got it. Not having the shield made it easier to get everything else off of him.

conan
05-20-2006, 04:14 AM
You are all superior to me in this way! I cannot sign yet, but I will commend you all on a job well done. Someday I'll steal that crap...erghh

Octorok
05-20-2006, 06:31 AM
GameFAQs has some good guides, but I thought that the easiest way was to use Beowulf or Agrias and Lightning Stab all three enemies in the first round.
This'll put the assassins into critical health, so they'll flee into their corner and shouldn't bug you for the rest of the battle.

Afterwards, use "Chicken" on Elmdor and box him in (careful to be immune to bloodsuck, though). And don't forget to equip Concentrate.

From there, either start on his Weapon to completely disable him, or his shield like Feion said to take down his evade.

BG-57
05-20-2006, 02:52 PM
I have the whole Genji set. I gave it to Orlandu. Somehow it suits him.

dodhungry
05-21-2006, 08:44 AM
signs. I have the whole genji set. I used 4 generic theives and ramza as a squire to get ultima as well. didn't take too long to do but had to chase Elmdor around a bit.

I gave the most of the stuff to Orlandu which gave him 777 hp. And the glove to Reis.

Kuroshima
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
-signs- Yeah i got it... I gave it to a generic.... He Tanks like a Tank

Tatics Master
05-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Yep. I've gottan the whole set a couple of times. but I've been thru the game so many times I just get the sword and his assesories*. However you spell that. Lol!

solidusoul
05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Yea, knowing what he had the second time I played it I had everyone with steal and pulled it off. Though I make much better use out of his sword because I love the draw out. (Katanas are the only weapons i lower myself to duplicate because of the breaking)

Gilthanes
05-30-2006, 02:14 PM
multiple signs for me. I never beat that battle unless I leave with all of that guys armor. Its really not that bad to do. Kill the assassins/demons, cast Chicken till his brave is 0 (He wont turn chicken but it will remove his blade grasp ability). From there its just having enough people who can heal and use item commands, as well as using the gems to be immune to bloodsuck. Once his Brave is 0, its like 10-20% chance to steal his Shield, and after that his other items are even easier.

Despotus
05-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Real nice strategy, Gilthanes. Sounds like my M.O.: Chickens are pigeons (easy to steal from). And, I always equip the 108 Gems, or ribbons, because I love to 'Frog' opponents too. I like to have my fifth character (the one not stealing) be a monk and Chakra two of my 4 thieves per turn. I feel it works better than Item. Anyway, I'll sign in... several times.;)

Gilthanes
05-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Auto potion can go a long way as well from stopping his straight-line attack (Kiku sword?). Or if you just watch your position to make sure that not more than 1 person is in a straight line of anyone else and spread out that he cant teleport between a few people and hit them all with a normal style katana special. Also once your battle is setup to begin stealing, toss Haste and yells on your Stealer so that he can have multiple turns at Elmdor before he teleports away again

escobert
06-02-2006, 07:07 PM
I have the whole Genji set. I gave it to Orlandu. Somehow it suits him.

Dark Messenger
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I've stolen the Genji's before... it wasn't TOO hard. The hard part is getting rid of the assassins and lowering Elmdor's Brave/Speed. You have to lower his Brave before you can Speed Break him. To make stealing MUCH easier, hire a Saggitarius female at the beginning as Elmdor's 'Gemini' is best matched with an opposite Saggitarius! I made her a Ninja, they are great with Steal. Ramza is also great with Steal due to his high Speed and Scream/Yell making it higher.

Lynx
06-23-2006, 05:36 AM
ive gotten all the genji stuff everytime i play the game haha i always make ramza a thief as early as possible so everythings mastered by then. i alwyas had a mediator to lower all hsi stuff to do whatever weaken his attack and increase my chances all the way up to 10% to steal something haha. everyone has 108 gems to protect from being a vampire. well one person always has the chantage so if they turn into a vampie i just kill them. doesnt normally take that long. a good stratagy is all (basis of the game).

lufia
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
the first time i played through the game there was no chance i could of stolen it. the 3rd time i played through the game i was probaly level 99 and it was easy after that cause i lowered all his stats etc to steal it. i sign dis 3 times

roninmedia
07-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I did it my 2nd time through the game. I was only leveled in the 50's.

Female monk/thief with speed uppers.
A time mage
A oracle
ramza as a lancer
ninja.

conan
07-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Bam! Just got the genji set tonight. Equipped everyone with 108 gems, of course. The tricky part is putting both assassins into critical so they run away. I had Ramza (Time Mage, Auto Potion, Item) casting haste on my party, slow on enemies, and whenever the assassins targeted him with ultima, I'd teleport him next to one. A generic wizard helped damage the assassins with bolt 3, and her white magic was also used to cure and raise my team. Of course I had a chemist with a Blaze Gun stolen from Balk, he was helpful all the way through, auto potion equipped of course. (Best reaction in the game.) Then, a knight with talk skill was used to threaten Elmdor, and break down his stats. What I like is a knight with threaten has a 97% success rate....very nice. Finally, a generic thief actually did the stealing. His throw stone also helped whenever someone got confused by Elmdor's Muramasa. My party is roughly around level 40 at this time.

Prancing Mad
07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Sign. Beowulf is the way to go with getting these. chicken is awesumo