PDA

View Full Version : What sends you into double-score in the cups?

LunarWeaver
05-19-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm so, so sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a lot of scanning and didn't see the question popped in any of the tournament topics...I'm hoping that's not the case actually, since it means I'm extra spesh-ul compared to everybody else...if it has been asked already and this topic is a waste of text, feel free to smack me around and lock me in a cage.

So what sends you into double mode that gives you twice as many points? Doing the Paradox cup where I can't summon or drive is kinda sucking, since I need like 30 billion points and it's driving me mad. Usually I just summon Peter Pan and smash X-Triangle over and over and the points take care of themselves...

It says "combo" but I'm not really sure what that means. Does it mean many hits in a row? Hitting them all at once? I seem to get Double at complete random ~_~

Tavrobel
05-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Yes, your topic is a waste of text. What topic isn't?

Anyways, Combos mean that is how many hits you land on an opponent before they can recover and use another attack (or action for that matter). Double score is dependant on how high you can get that combo.

While it is random, it really isn't. I just don't know how the game computes it, but it may have something to do with how many times you can land a large-hit-combo in a row, (50+ hits, 5 times in a row, each time must be done with a different combo period, something like that) or cumulative hits that are in a combo (a total of whatever number, E.g., 5+5+60+7+190, based on amount of hits landed over the Stages).