PDA

View Full Version : Auron is the leader

Michael Belmont
05-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Does any of you know that auron is more leader then a follower?

Tavrobel
05-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Yes, but in FFX, he's the wise and experienced follower. He doesn't actually make the decisions, so therefore, he would not be the leader.

Chris
05-19-2006, 11:47 PM
True, he wasn't much of a leader in FFX, but more of a quiet follower.

Madonna
05-20-2006, 12:19 AM
He's more uke than seme.

rubah
05-20-2006, 12:31 AM
you're grosss lynxie.

auron doesn't lead, he just merely points out where you would more easily wind up dead if you decided to go that way.

Michael Belmont
05-20-2006, 03:08 AM
Then how come Gandalf leads instead of Frodo?

FadedDreams
05-20-2006, 04:28 AM
auron is wise, and strong, and when he guides the group during the journey, it jus makes him ten times more sexy ;)

blackmage_nuke
05-20-2006, 04:35 AM
Well seeing as how if Yuna tells him to do something he pretty much always does it he is kind of a follower

Dark Paladin
05-20-2006, 12:07 PM
He knows how to really defeat Sin but he knows only Yuna can do it because Tidus is her guardian. I don't think he would have offered to be her guardian if Tidus wasn't involved unless he made Braska a promise he did Jecht.

But i don't think he is a leader really, just a kind of mentor.

Skyblade
05-20-2006, 01:32 PM
While Auron may not be the "leader" of the group, he is the prime motivator of the entire game. He is the focal point of the entire story. He is the only one who knows the truth about Yu Yevon and Sin who is willing to do anything about it. Tidus is really unimportant. Auron was working from the beginning to unveil the truth of the Spiral of Death to Yuna and her guardians. Without him, I think Yuna would have summoned the final Aeon, and the cycle would have continued. Auron is the true hero of the story.

And he's an adult hero, breaking from the "teen hero saves the day" stereotype. He's like the Han Solo of FFX. Most awesome character there, much better than the whiny brat who is the main character (Luke/Tidus).

Tavrobel
05-20-2006, 01:36 PM

He doesn't. In the book AND movie, when Gandalf as Frodo where to go (into Hadhodrond or continue on Caradhras), Frodo says "we shall go through Moria". Gandalf doesn't circumvent his decision, despite how fearful of the threat of a Balrog could pose on the rest of the Fellowship. Aragorn, and the gang can't fight Balrogs; they are NOT First Age Elves/Men.

Galadriel maybe. But she's not a Fellowship member.

Iceglow
05-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Auron wasn't a leader in 10 neither was Tidus really Yuna was the party leader she was the summoner they her guardians. Tidus infact made very few decisions to fight for himself or the party. Seymour maybe Tidus certainly led the charge against his flux version on Gagazet, the chocobo eater yes Tidus granted chose to fight the chocobo eater and Tidus was first in the water after Rikku when she kidnaps Yuna on the moonflow. However almost all the decisions he seems to take we're because of Yuna. Infact the greatest decision he made was to try and rescue her from Bevelle and the wedding...hell I loved that part of the game :D

Marche
05-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Yea your right, pretty much all of tidus's descisions were made for Yuna's sake (Yay). And I loved that part of the game too.

look_out_below
05-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I didnt see Auron as a leader. He occasionally gave the group some good advice but for the most part he was looking out and working for himeself.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Auron wasnt a leader as much as a mentor when ever yuna had a question she asked him because hed already ben on the pilgramige and he knew wht was truly to come

Remon
05-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Auron is a troublemaker plus he is a terrible history teacher-That doesn't make him a leader.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 10:30 PM
auron is awsome my fav FFX character

Skyblade
05-21-2006, 03:43 AM

He doesn't. In the book AND movie, when Gandalf as Frodo where to go (into Hadhodrond or continue on Caradhras), Frodo says "we shall go through Moria". Gandalf doesn't circumvent his decision, despite how fearful of the threat of a Balrog could pose on the rest of the Fellowship. Aragorn, and the gang can't fight Balrogs; they are NOT First Age Elves/Men.

Galadriel maybe. But she's not a Fellowship member.

Actually, in the book, it was Aragorn who feared to go into Moria, not Gandalf. Gandalf had travelled through Moria from the other direction a few years earlier, and had hoped (along with Gimli), that the dwarves had held out and would be able to greet them. After Gandalf and the Balrog fall from the bridge of Khaza'dum, Aragorn mentions that he had warned Gandalf that he believed that travelling through Moria would lead Gandalf to his doom.

Aragorn was always more the leader of the Fellowship than either Frodo or Gandalf anyway. Gandalf was an advisor, and Frodo was the Ringbearer, but Aragorn new the land far better and was usually the one who made the decisions on what road to take.

LunarWeaver
05-21-2006, 04:35 AM
So Aragorn leads Auron around then? Now the game makes sense.