PDA

View Full Version : No Grandia III thread?

CloudySky
05-19-2006, 11:12 PM
No Grandia III thread?
Why is that? Nobody plays it? :rolleyes2

Madonna
05-20-2006, 02:24 AM
No recent ones.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=79505
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77536

It's not as popular as other Square-Enix titles and shows. I loved Grandia II; haven't played the others, shamefully.

Zeromus_X
05-20-2006, 03:56 AM
I played it. Loved it. Could've used more side quests and such, but it was a pretty fun game. (Battle system kicks ass.) I still haven't beaten the final boss, but that's probably because my characters are underleveled.

Roogle
05-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I played it. I want to like it like I do with the other Grandia games, but the stories just seem to get worse. I didn't like any of the characters besides Alonso and Miranda this time around.

Mercen-X
06-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I bought it recently (along with Star Ocean: TTT, Xenosaga: E1, & Steambot Chronicles . . . AWESOME GAME). I haven't played it yet because I spent so much time playing Steambot (which I didn't testplay before purchasing . . . doesn't matter because it's AWESOME) and Radiata Stories (which I rented with the remainder of that day's money). I have to return my rentals tomorrow and I'm gonna hit GIII like a raging bull, never you doubt.

Markus. D
06-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Grandia is a big cause of RPG ridiculopothy.

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 05:29 PM
No Grandia III thread?
Why is that? Nobody plays it?
It hasnt had a UK release yet, so no I havent played it.
I want to though, I love the Grandia series.

Zeromus_X
06-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Some people don't seem to like the story, for whatever reason. I'm just dissapointed that my favorite character, Miranda, leaves the party and you never hear from her again. :/

Well, not as bad as the other games. xD

Dreddz
06-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Grandia is such an underrated series, shame, as it seems less likely that they will continue with the series if nobody buys the games.

Anyways, Grandia III was awesome, I beat the game a few months ago and I plan to beat the game again very soon. Its just such an amazing game, as are the other games in the series. All I wish for in the later additions are that they dont mess around with the party members so much. There always in and out of your team, and you never know when they will leave forever ( unless you use a guide ). Other than that, Grandia should continue on each generation of systems, or until I die.

Zeromus_X
06-25-2006, 12:33 AM
It's certainly one of the most graphically beautiful games I've played for the PS2. Although I wish they'd keep the first battle theme...I liked that one the best. xD

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 06:07 PM
For some reason I found Grandia 2 easier then Grandia 1 and Ive completed it loads. Dont know why that is. The final boss was mega easy.

Chris
06-28-2006, 01:00 AM
I've only played Grandia 2, briefly, but I did like what I got to play. I haven't even heard about the 3rd game, but since I'm pretty bored at the moment, I might get myself a demo of the game.

scrumpleberry
07-01-2006, 09:38 PM
As you can see, I love the Grandia series...but no, I haven't played 3 yet.

Does anyone know when the UK release date is?

Topcat
07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Completely forgot about this series! I played Grandia 2 back when it came out on the Ps2 and loved it, been looking for another good RPG to play for the summer, looking at the screenshots it looks impressive, i shall investigate further:D

Mercen-X
07-16-2006, 10:45 PM
ridiculopothy.
What is this "ridiculopothy?" Are you sure you don't mean "ridiculopathy" or "ridiculopoly" or "ridiculopticus?"

~SapphireStar~
07-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know when the UK release date is?
Looked on a few sites and its still to be confirmed. I thought we would have had it by now as US got it in Feb this year I think. Hopefully we will get it cause we got the first 2 games.

Roogle
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Some people don't seem to like the story, for whatever reason. I'm just dissapointed that my favorite character, Miranda, leaves the party and you never hear from her again. :/

Well, not as bad as the other games. xD

The story is very inconsistent. Many characters disappear and are simply never heard from or spoken about during the course of the main storyline.

Fatal Impurity
07-17-2006, 06:24 PM
i love the grandia series mostly because of the absolutely brilliant character development (ryudo = one of the best RPG characters of all time) but i must agree that the story is very inconsistent and has very little "hidden meanings" to it aswell as having non-existent side-quests.....not as good as FF but still one the best RPG's nontheless

abrojtm
07-17-2006, 07:24 PM
I beat it a few weeks back. I'd give it a 6/10.

The final boss battle was probably the most tedious anticlimactic 40 minutes of my life.

Dreddz
07-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Nobody get there hopes up that there will a UK release.....

Fatal Impurity
07-18-2006, 04:35 PM
awwwwww no fair.....most of grandia 2 rocked shame that the end was a bit "cheesy and easy" lol