PDA

View Full Version : FF IV Hardtype

james 14
05-19-2006, 11:38 PM
So I just DLed FFIV hardtype and applied the ISP patch. I played this game through probably a hundred times on SNES and I've already noticed some odd differences.

The biggest thing is the different dialogue. I realize now how much they dumbed it down for it's US release in the early 90s. Actually, coming straight from FFI I don't know if I would've been ready to play it in the "Hardtype" version.

My biggest annoyance so far is that it seems that Rydia's spells get capped off on what she can learn before you lose her in the attack by Leviathan. I like to get her up to the point of learning virus and usually close to 600 HP before I go. It makes it cool when you get ber back later on and she has all the level 3 spells learned...I think one time I got her back and she had already learned Nuke.

However, I am really likeing the Dark Wave attack that Cecil has. I also heard that there is an extra section that was omitted in the American release. I guess I'll have to find out.

So far I am enjoying it though. It's nice to play it again since I don't have my SNES with me. I'll be interested to see what else is different.

And I also see that Edward...Gilbert...whatever you call him is still a big puss.