PDA

View Full Version : Keyblade Confusion | Spoilers for KH1&2

Moon Rabbits
05-20-2006, 05:22 AM
Okay so I don't get the lowdown with the crazy Keyblades these kids have been playing with lately.

In the first Kingdom Hearts Sora has a Keyblade, oui? Yes. And he modifies it using keychains...and I was under the impression that the Keyblade (stress /the/) chooses it's master and it chose Sora...but then alluva sudden there's two! Mickey has one, right? Right.

Where'd that Keyblade come from? I thought the Keyblade was some sort of mythical weapon that there is only one of.

And THEN the Keyblade goes to Riku (if I remember correctly it's because Sora's heart has a moment of weakness in Hollow Bastion, and then Sora gains his Keyblade) and Sora uses his wooden sword for a short bit...then he gets his Keyblade back.

Then we come to KH2 and Riku has a Keyblade called Way to Dawn...where did this one come from?

Roxas has a Keyblade, but I understand how because he's you know Sora's Nobody and all.

Then we come to Kairi, as much as I loved the fact she got a Keyblade I still don't get where it came from.

Then there's the secret video with millions of Keyblades.

Someone, please explain the enigmatic Keyblade to me.

Tavrobel
05-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Mickey's Keyblade is assumed to be from the Dark World. Every World (series of planets, whatever you wanna call it as a classification), has a primary Keyblade of its own.

Riku was the original Master, but if you notice, when the Keyblade goes to Riku, it becomes the Kingdom Key again, because Sora has all the Keychains.

It's not Way to the Dawn until You kill Saix, Xigbar, Luxord, and DiZ dies in WtNW. Until then, it is his Dark Blade, Soul Eater, that he used against Sora in KHI.

It's possible that Riku, as the Keyblade Master, can form Keyblades for those he cares about the most, or, it isn't a real Keyblade at all, just an anti-Nobody Sword in the shape of a Keyblade.

There is the theory that was developed, that for all of those who fought the Heartless, they each have a unique Keyblade of their own. It's simply that Sora and Mickey are able to control the Primary two. Assumptions based on this theory, would support that Riku and Kairi could also have a Keyblade also (although Riku could be exempt from this theory; he WAS the Master, so he is allowed to have his own), which explains why there are so many of them in the Graveyeard.

This will probably be explained more in depth in KHIII, or another spinoff. Or if I missed something, someone else could pick up and explain it further.

Moon Rabbits
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Mickey's Keyblade is assumed to be from the Dark World. Every World (series of planets, whatever you wanna call it as a classification), has a primary Keyblade of its own.

:( I don't remember the game say anything about each world having a Keyblade.

Riku was the original Master, but if you notice, when the Keyblade goes to Riku, it becomes the Kingdom Key again, because Sora has all the Keychains.

But I /do/ remember the game saying something about that along the way...but in the first one. Could you tell me whereabouts this happens? And if Riku is the true Keyblade Master why can Sora wield one?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-20-2006, 03:58 PM
he was jus the delivery boy

Marche
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Yea but then he got the keyblade back so that kinda contradicts the messenger boy theory.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Sora lost the keyblade cause he had dout in his heart and to use it you have to have a strong heart but he belived in him self agin and was going to fight even with the woden and the keyblade saw his courage and resolve so it returned to him

Tavrobel
05-20-2006, 06:34 PM
:( I don't remember the game say anything about each world having a Keyblade.

But I /do/ remember the game saying something about that along the way...but in the first one. Could you tell me whereabouts this happens? And if Riku is the true Keyblade Master why can Sora wield one?

It's interpretable that Mickey's blade is the Dark World's Keyblade; the reason, is because compared to the Kingdom Key, Mickey's Keyblade has its colors reversed, symbolizing a reversal. The Dark World Keyblade is still good, but it is from the Dark World, which is a reason for the color change.

Darkness does not mean evil, only what dwells inside is Evil. This is based highly on the concept of balance between Light and Dark in FFIIIj, yet Good should always trounce Evil, and there should always be less Evil than Good.

Sora is able to wield it because he was the "Delivery Boy", as Riku claims. If you want something so important to reach the proper master, you'd have to be able to use it defend yourself.

However, since Riku had already left Destiny Islands in the first game by the time the Keyblade got there, it chose Sora instead. When encountered at Hollow Bastion, Sora loses the Keyblade because his Heart was going through a moment of weakness, probably brought on by Riku's questioning of Sora's motives, and challenging his will by psychological means.

When Riku loses the Keyblade again, by that point, Sora had proven that Heart was truly as strong as it could be, and Riku had given to the Darkness, showing absolute weakness. Keyblade does not like Weakness, and goes back to Sora. Fortunately for Riku, he still had the Soul Eater in order to duel Sora with, which eventually becomes the Way to the Dawn (a Keyblade).

The last theory is also supported by the fact that Anti-Form does not use the Keyblade. Anti-Form is the symbol of Sora giving in to the Darkness, even if only for a moment of weakness.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah darkness isnt always bad like at the end of KHII when sora and riku were going to go to the dark side to defete the evil there

SeeDRankLou
05-20-2006, 09:05 PM
However, since Riku had already left Destiny Islands in the first game by the time the Keyblade got there, it chose Sora instead. When encountered at Hollow Bastion, Sora loses the Keyblade because his Heart was going through a moment of weakness, probably brought on by Riku's questioning of Sora's motives, and challenging his will by psychological means.

When Riku loses the Keyblade again, by that point, Sora had proven that Heart was truly as strong as it could be, and Riku had given to the Darkness, showing absolute weakness. Keyblade does not like Weakness, and goes back to Sora. Fortunately for Riku, he still had the Soul Eater in order to duel Sora with, which eventually becomes the Way to the Dawn (a Keyblade).
I would say that the keyblade chose Sora instead of Riku the first time because Riku had given into the darkness and showed that weakness, not because he wasn't there. He wanted so desperately to leave Destiny Island that he would turn to darkness as a means of leaving, and in doing that he lost him master standing. For the rest of KHI I agree with you.

If you look at the Soul Eater and the Way of the Dawn, does the Soul Eater have a keychain? Because if it doesn't (which I don't think it does), then doesn't the weapon he hold throughout the game have a keychain (which would make it the Way to the Dawn). If I'm wrong, then it's likely that when Ansem's machine blew up, and Riku was finally removed from the darkness, that his weapon may have become a keyblade, since he was finally worthy of one again.

It is possible that just like Sora (and Roxas) can hold two keyblades, Riku might be also have some means of holding two keyblades, and when he did he gave one to Kairi. Maybe....

What the keyblade is exactly has never really been explained. Xigbar however did mention that there have been those before Sora, so it's possible the there is a keyblade for every keyblade wielder, and if that's the case then there have been quite a few. Otherwise, one can only speculate.

Tavrobel
05-20-2006, 09:54 PM
If I'm wrong, then it's likely that when Ansem's machine blew up, and Riku was finally removed from the darkness, that his weapon may have become a keyblade, since he was finally worthy of one again.

What the keyblade is exactly has never really been explained. Xigbar however did mention that there have been those before Sora, so it's possible the there is a keyblade for every keyblade wielder, and if that's the case then there have been quite a few. Otherwise, one can only speculate.

That's the assumption that I was working under, that Riku had earned his right back to have a Keyblade (not that he did a whole lot). I do think that Riku was supposed to have the Keyblade all along, but any interpretation is available, since the Keyblade never talks. Even Mickey's knowledge of the Keyblade is mostly supported by Ansem's research into the old legends, not from the fact that he uses it. I also use most of Xigbar's explanation for the Keyblade being available to all those who fight a Heartless.

However, it is still unexplained why Roxas can wield two. Sora obviously has the ability to do so, since Roxas has to siphon some of Sora's power to be a Nobody, Even in Valor, Master, and Final, Sora can use two.

In the Valor Form, it says that Sora can use the abilities of both Keyblades, but neither one of them do full damage, when fighting an enemy. Sora is just alot faster. It could be that in order to wield two, you must split the essence into two distinct parts, each giving half power, but the ability to wield two, which is even more dangerous, considering how untapped of the power of the Keyblade remains; this could mean an almost unlimited power, being split. Too bad Sora can't use Magic.

In Master form, Sora does not hold one of them. It could be possible, that the true ability of the Keyblade, is to cast Magic on its own, using the ability of the Master's mind, as well as being swung simultaneously to cause full damage.

Final Form, Sora holds neither of them, and I often find that they often cast Cure Magic/Reflega Magic when necessary, without draining my MP. It also does insaneo damage and combos. But this means that there are two, both having their full powers. This remains unexplained, and I wonder why it can be done.

It could be, since that if everyone who has ever fought a Heartless gets a Keyblade, that Roxas gets one, because he fights Heartless while he is still a part of Sora. When joined back together, that means two essences fighting a Heartless. That could equal why Sora can use two in Final Form, which is essentially Sora being helped out by Roxas, and therefore, being complete.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 10:49 PM
one can speculate but may neva truly know

leader of mortals
05-21-2006, 02:57 AM
here's my theory

I think that way to the dawn is not an actual keyblade, or kairi's key either. I also think that mickey's key is a reform of the true keyblade that sora got.

also on the "delivery boy theory", I think that when sora was struggling for riku, he was strong-hearted and got the keyblade, but when he saw Riku embracing the darkness, he lost it because of doubt. Also when he got it back it was because he saw kairi alive again.

as for the million other keys i think that they are fake.

That's my theory anyway.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-21-2006, 04:06 AM
I agree with most of what Tavrobel and SeeDRankLou have said, except for the part about everyone who fought the heartless might be able to wield a keyblade. If that were true, then wouldn't Donald and Goofy wield one too, especially in KHII? Same with Alladin, Simba, Beast, etc...I think keyblades are made from exceptionally strong hearts. Sora's was given birth by the Heart of All Worlds (Kingdom Hearts). I agree with Tavrobel that we can speculate that King Mickey's blade comes from the Realm of Darkness, as that was a path he had explored. Also this reinforced the recurring theme of duality within the series. Yet there is one thing. If they Sora's is the keyblade of light, then why not choose a Princess of Heart as its wielder? I spurned Riku because he became consumed darkness, yet chose Sora, though there is darkness within him. Maybe this plays on the whole idea that within light there is darkness and in darkness there is light. Therefore a true keybearer of Sora's would not be purely light (as in Kairi), but mostly light.

Remember that Riku can make an immatation keyblade. In Hallow Bastion in KHI, he created a keyblade of sorts that unlocked people's hearts, which Sora later used to free Kiari's heart and unintentionally give birth to Roxas. Since Riku gave Kiari one, we can assume he made hers, as he made one before.

If this makes no sense, it is because I am thinking as I typed it. ^_^;

Tavrobel
05-21-2006, 04:39 AM
I agree with most of what Tavrobel and SeeDRankLou have said, except for the part about everyone who fought the heartless might be able to wield a keyblade. If that were true, then wouldn't Donald and Goofy wield one too, especially in KHII? Same with Alladin, Simba, Beast, etc...I think keyblades are made from exceptionally strong hearts. Sora's was given birth by the Heart of All Worlds (Kingdom Hearts). I agree with Tavrobel that we can speculate that King Mickey's blade comes from the Realm of Darkness, as that was a path he had explored. Also this reinforced the recurring theme of duality within the series. Yet there is one thing. If they Sora's is the keyblade of light, then why not choose a Princess of Heart as its wielder? I spurned Riku because he became consumed darkness, yet chose Sora, though there is darkness within him. Maybe this plays on the whole idea that within light there is darkness and in darkness there is light. Therefore a true keybearer of Sora's would not be purely light (as in Kairi), but mostly light.

Remember that Riku can make an immatation keyblade. In Hallow Bastion in KHI, he created a keyblade of sorts that unlocked people's hearts, which Sora later used to free Kiari's heart and unintentionally give birth to Roxas. Since Riku gave Kiari one, we can assume he made hers, as he made one before.

If this makes no sense, it is because I am thinking as I typed it. ^_^;

I too agree with most of what you said, although it does seem that Riku's Keyblade is an actual one; he did have the right to have one in the first place. Perhaps this was the way to make things balanced again, as is evidenced in their conversation after Xemnas was defeated, as well as the concept of balance featured in KH series. Maybe Donald and Goofy don't need a Keyblade, because they can fight without it. The same goes for the other NPCs. Would make a terribly boring party with a bunch of Keyblades flying around, hitting stuff, without much change of variety. It's a bunch of Red Mage Pirates flying around, terrorizing as they go.

SeeDRankLou
05-21-2006, 04:42 AM
Well, Riku couldn't do that until he was possessed by "Ansem," so he might not know how to do that. And, the keyblade was created using the hearts of the six captured princesses, so it might have been a special situation. However, maybe Riku remembers how "Ansem" did it, and maybe it wasn't a special situation. Who knows?

Moon Rabbits
05-21-2006, 05:27 AM
When Riku told Sora that he was just the delivery boy, it seemed to me to be just more mind games to weaken Sora's heart. When he had a moment of weakness the Keyblade seemed to have chosen a new master (at the time, Riku), and then Sora regained it inside HB when he was going to fight with the wooden sword.

I don't think I believe the delivery boy theory.

As for King Mickey's Keyblade, I can't really believe the dark realm theory just because there is no evidence to support it other than the introverted colours.

If the Keyblade that Riku used in KH1 was made of six of the seven princesses' hearts, perhaps that's what all Keyblades are? Someone with a strong heart gains a Keyblade, it represents the strength they hold within. However this does not explain the reason Kairi can wield a Keyblade Riku gives her, but it could.

If a Keyblade is a token of a strong heart, and all hearts contain light and dark, that is what a Keyblade is made of. Perhaps Kairi was unable to form one because she was one of the Seven Princesses, there was no darkness to form a Keyblade?

That is pure invention on my part, but it seems plausible to me.

Hopefully these questions will be explained in a KH sequel (if there is one).

Tavrobel
05-21-2006, 02:26 PM
When Riku told Sora that he was just the delivery boy, it seemed to me to be just more mind games to weaken Sora's heart. When he had a moment of weakness the Keyblade seemed to have chosen a new master (at the time, Riku), and then Sora regained it inside HB when he was going to fight with the wooden sword.

I don't think I believe the delivery boy theory.

As for King Mickey's Keyblade, I can't really believe the dark realm theory just because there is no evidence to support it other than the introverted colours.

If the Keyblade that Riku used in KH1 was made of six of the seven princesses' hearts, perhaps that's what all Keyblades are? Someone with a strong heart gains a Keyblade, it represents the strength they hold within. However this does not explain the reason Kairi can wield a Keyblade Riku gives her, but it could.

If a Keyblade is a token of a strong heart, and all hearts contain light and dark, that is what a Keyblade is made of. Perhaps Kairi was unable to form one because she was one of the Seven Princesses, there was no darkness to form a Keyblade?

That is pure invention on my part, but it seems plausible to me.

Hopefully these questions will be explained in a KH sequel (if there is one).

I base this on the fact that it appears in the Journal in KHI, stating that Riku is the true Master. If it had not been mentioned in the Journal, even AFTER Riku said so, then it would mean that the statement too, was a mind game. It's a bit hard to believe, but it does cover up most of the plot in one statement. Of course, we could be wrong.

In KHI and KHII, it says that Mickey and Ansem had explored the possibility of using the Darkness. However, once the experiments got too dangerous, Mickey urged Ansem to stop, and he agreed 100%. But Xehanort, Braig, Dilan, Even, Ienzo, and Elaeus continued. It would stand to seem that Mickey obviously has knowledge of the Darkness, if not the Dark World.

It could be. This could be potentially supported by the "every Heart gets a Keyblade if it fights the Heartless." There's nothing WRONG with what was said, per se. The last two statements are closely related, and highly plausible. Nothing is WRONG, but it only explains one part of the story. Of course, since the Keyblade is so enigmatic, perhaps it needs an entire theory devoted to itself, supported by nits and parts of other theories.

SeeDRankLou
05-22-2006, 01:32 AM
I base this on the fact that it appears in the Journal in KHI, stating that Riku is the true Master. If it had not been mentioned in the Journal, even AFTER Riku said so, then it would mean that the statement too, was a mind game. It's a bit hard to believe, but it does cover up most of the plot in one statement. Of course, we could be wrong.
It doesn't say he "is" the keyblade master, it says he "was" the keyblade master. This is what Jiminy says about Riku in KHI:

"When Kairi lost her heart, Riku allied himself with Maleficent to save her. Riku was actually the rightful master of the Keyblade, but once he chose darkness over light, the weapon chose Sora instead. Ansem exploited Riku's weakness of heart and possessed him."

Sora wasn't the delivery boy, the keyblade chose him. By this wording, it would seem that somehow Riku was chosen in the past to have the keyblade one day when it chose a master. But just because it was going to chose Riku, doesn't mean that when Riku was no longer a candidate that it didn't chose Sora. It's not like Sora just stumbled on it, the keyblade chose him. And when Sora showed the true strength of his heart it chose him even in the presence of Riku, for that moment when Riku was also showing the true strength of his heart. So the keyblade belongs to Sora, despite what may have been in the past. That whole delivery boy line was just an insult to make Sora feel bad.

finaloblivion
05-23-2006, 05:30 AM

there is evidence to support the dark realm theory - it says it in jiminy's journal in one of the character files on mickey. it clearly states that mickey found the dark realm's keyblade and wields it.

Neo Blackheart
05-23-2006, 05:19 PM
It's not Way to the Dawn until Spoiler: You kill Saix, Xigbar, Luxord, and DiZ dies in WtNW. Until then, it is his Dark Blade, Soul Eater, that he used against Sora in KHI.

wrong he has that keyblade before you fight saix and such believe me I am there now and luxord is incredibly tough

Tavrobel
05-23-2006, 08:08 PM
It's not Way to the Dawn until you kill Saix, Xigbar, Luxord, and DiZ dies in WtNW. Until then, it is his Dark Blade, Soul Eater, that he used against Sora in KHI.

wrong he has that keyblade before you fight saix and such believe me I am there now and luxord is incredibly tough

You don't get Way to the Dawn until after DiZ dies, which is when you can choose Riku as a playable characther (well, party ally, to be more precise). The difference between the two blades is a small triangle at the tip of the blade; the Soul Eater lacks it. Also, inside Proof of Existence, Riku states that "I doubt you yet need to use my blade, the Soul Eater," or something close to that, which indicates that Way to the Dawn has not yet formed.

Neo Blackheart
05-24-2006, 04:35 PM
I am there When riku still looks like ansem he gives the keyblade to kairi who then fights the heartless with Riku. riku is using the blade with the thing that looks like a wing on the end that makes it a keyblade

ThaJinx
05-24-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm starting to wonder if the concept of a Keyblade for the Light and Dark sides is a misinterpretation. The obvious implication in Kingdom Hearts was that there was one for the Realm of Light, which Sora posessed, and one for the Realm of Darkness, which Mickey is shown with at the end. This theory is flexed in the Deep Dive video when we can see the dual wielding unknown (later revealed to be Roxas) using Oathkeeper and Oblivion at the same time, and later we see three keyblades in a single shot (Riku with Oblivion, Roxas with Oathkeeper and Mickey's Kingdom Key). There's mention of "the third key" in the video, which would seem to point to Riku's ability to wield one as well.

This is problematic, though, because if the King and Riku have Keyblades, and Sora is able to use two at a time, that's still four keyblades. Combine that with the scene from the hidden ending in Kingdom Hearts II where there's literally an entire field of keyblades, and it doesn't take long to realize that the "one blade for either side of the Door" theory can't work.

I'm starting to think that the idea of the Keyblade for the Light and Dark sides is applicable to a single person; more specifically, that it is applicable to the Light and Dark sides of the heart. Riku is able to weild a keyblade both before and after he succumbs to darkness, signifying he's mastered that part of his heart, and he remains able to do so when he shifts to the middle ground. Mickey has had to confront darkness as well in journeying to the other side of the door, so it'd make sense for him to be able to wield that blade.

Sora, at one point, faulters, and in what may be a deeper symbolic display surrenders the keyblade to Riku. When he is rejoined by Donald and Goofy, he's able to take control of and master himself, and the keyblade returns to him. However, when his heart is claimed by darkness and he becomes a Heartless, Roxas is created as a Nobody and also has the ability to weild the Keyblade. Roxas can sort of be seen as a manifestation of Sora confronting darkness and mastering it, because he carries few of Sora's memories due to the length of time that Sora spent as a Heartless. Because of that, then, Sora has mastered both sides of his heart and is able to weild the keyblades of either side of it.

This also signifies that the Keyblade can be used for intentionally malicious purposes, shedding some light on Ansem Report 9, in which "one legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says he wrought chaos and ruin upon it."

I realize that there are a lot of things with this logic that can be faulty, seeing as the Journal clearly states that Mickey is wielding that blade for the realm of darkness, but at the moment it's the best I can do. It sort of plays into the idea that everyone who fights the Heartless has a keyblade, but not quite. I think it's clear that it takes a certain amount of internal strength to unlock the ability to use the Keyblade, as we never see Kairi or other characters use them. The significance of what it truly means to be a "Keyblade Master," as well as the scene in which Riku takes the Keyblade from Sora, will probably have to be examined pretty closely, but I wanted to get the idea down to see what your opinions on this idea were.

Tavrobel
05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
This is problematic, though, because if the King and Riku have Keyblades, and Sora is able to use two at a time, that's still four keyblades. Combine that with the scene from the hidden ending in Kingdom Hearts II where there's literally an entire field of keyblades, and it doesn't take long to realize that the "one blade for either side of the Door" theory can't work.

While most theories are conjecture, the speech of Xigbar best explains how there are so many Keyblades (One Keyblade for each Heart that fights against a Heartless). Of course, that itself brings up a myriad of questions and problems, of which I am not adequate in answering. It could be there there are two PRIMARY Keyblades, one for each side, but as I said before, it's mostly conjecture. It is possible to work; it's just much more complicated now.

How Sora can wield two is either the mastery of his Heart, or that when he is split, he is rejoined, and allows him to use 2 (doesn't explain how Roxas can do it, but that can be fixed by the fact that Sora must have the ability to do as such, otherwise Roxas would not be able to). Or possibly some combination of the two ideas.

I am there
Screenshots?

Neo Blackheart
05-24-2006, 10:23 PM
with what my eyes I have no camera or dvd burner or I would burn the entire WTNW

Tavrobel
05-24-2006, 11:00 PM
with what my eyes I have no camera or dvd burner or I would burn the entire WTNW

Yes, with your eyes! The image must forever be scalded into your flesh and brain, in order to provide proof. The very image that you see first in your eyes will always be Riku holding a sword (Soul Eater), and not a Keyblade (Way to the Dawn).

Failing such an attempt, leave the PS2 and TV on, so that the image is burnt onto the TV screen (it can be done, surprisingly enough), and take a picture of it, and find a scanner. When the TV has at last been set on fire by the unholiness of the vision, throw it out the window, get a new TV, give us the picture, and go about your merry way as though nothing happened.

Yes, I completely expect you to burn the image with your eyes, and from that, find a computer program that converts retinal images to binary code, and translates it back into something that other people can use. It's called Photoshop. Absolutely.

Or you could fake an image and expect me to believe it. Whatever works for you.

SeeDRankLou
05-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Screenshots?
Better, video. (I got your back Neo Blackheart :tongue: )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zW5m5-Xmb_k&search=kairi%20meets%20riku

It's in Japanese, and not the best quality, but it's good enough to see what you need to see. Look at what Riku is holding (and in these scenes DiZ is still alive). Riku is definately holding a keyblade. It has a keychain and everything.

The thing that I just now noticed though, Kairi's keyblade, the keychain on that keyblade. It's what Namine turned Kairi's good luck charm for Sora into in Chain of Memories. Never noticed that before, that's pretty cool.

Tavrobel
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Better, video.

The thing that I just now noticed though, Kairi's keyblade, the keychain on that keyblade. It's what Namine turned Kairi's good luck charm for Sora into in Chain of Memories. Never noticed that before, that's pretty cool.

I'll take your word for it. But I still expect him to all the stuff that I told him to do in my previous post.

Eiko Guy
05-25-2006, 01:06 AM
maybe sora and roxas can wield two because of how close they are to kairi

roxas has part of kairi in him and since she can woeld one maybe he can manifest both sora and kairi's power

and sora wields 2 when his power is strengthened by the suit

ThaJinx
05-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Screenshots?
Better, video. (I got your back Neo Blackheart :tongue: )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zW5m5-Xmb_k&search=kairi%20meets%20riku

It's in Japanese, and not the best quality, but it's good enough to see what you need to see. Look at what Riku is holding (and in these scenes DiZ is still alive). Riku is definately holding a keyblade. It has a keychain and everything.

The thing that I just now noticed though, Kairi's keyblade, the keychain on that keyblade. It's what Namine turned Kairi's good luck charm for Sora into in Chain of Memories. Never noticed that before, that's pretty cool.Agreed.

I still opt that dual wielding signifies mastering one's heart. It seems clear that that's not a keyblade that belongs specifically to Kairi, because Riku calls it and gives it to her. It makes more sense that it would be his, because a huge part of KH2's plot is the revelation that Riku as mastered himself as well. You never see him wield two at once, but he does call two into his presense with a very short interval between either one, and he willingly gives one of them to Kairi.

For all I know, the keyblade IS Kairi's, seeing as the chain is the one that Namini made in Chain of Memories. I wonder, though, if she could truly be a keyblade master since her heart is decidedly a special case (it's stated that she is an anomoly and has no darkness in her heart). For now, though, since Riku calls the blade into being, I'm going to assume that it's his.
How Sora can wield two is either the mastery of his Heart, or that when he is split, he is rejoined, and allows him to use 2 (doesn't explain how Roxas can do it, but that can be fixed by the fact that Sora must have the ability to do as such, otherwise Roxas would not be able to). Or possibly some combination of the two ideas.Yeah, I think that the two ideas are tied. Sora's split with Roxas is caused by his being taken by darkness, and the point where they rejoin is the final step in his journey back from that, at which point he's mastered his heart.

Neo Blackheart
05-25-2006, 10:08 PM
sorry still have not found a retinal scanner I might have to go to my dads work to get one though.

Silvercry
05-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Perhaps we are all being to literal. We here words like 'keyblade' and 'chosen wielder' and automatically think that the whole thing works like Excalibur or the Sword of Omens or The Masamune (Chrono Trigger version). One blade, one man chosen my destiny (or God or Fate or the weapon itself, what have you) to use it.

What if there is more to it than that?

Here is my theory:

That which we call the keyblade is merely a physical manifestation of an unkown (and most likely unkowable) Living Tribunal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Tribunal)-esque force. For the sake of conversation, lets call this the 'key-force'. Now this key-force exists to fend off the darkness, should the balance ever tip in its favor -- like say if some jerk from Hollow Bastion tries to acquire Kingdom Hearts, and in the process allows countless Heartless to crawl all over creation and wipe out entire worlds. Yet for whatever reason, this key-force can’t bring its entire power to bear in our puny physical plane, so it must assume a physical form. Since the heart of all the worlds are found behind a keyhole-like gate, it assumes the form of a key. And since it cannot act on its own, it needs a bearer, some one to fight back on its behalf. And that someone needs a weapon. So it becomes a sword.

Viola, you have a keyblade.

If this is the case, there is no reason why Roxas, Sora, Riku, Kairi, and the nameless warriors in the secret ending cant all have keyblades, since they would all be mere physical manifestations of this key-force. And since they true power of the key-force would be beyond our comprehension, there is no reason why it cant supports millions of keyblades at the same rime.

Of course that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Oh by the way, this my first post. Glad to be here.

Tavrobel
05-29-2006, 03:26 PM
sorry still have not found a retinal scanner I might have to go to my dads work to get one though.

At least you're working on it.

cleff00x
05-31-2006, 05:13 AM
did anyone else notice that in the secret video, one of the keyblades was riku's? I'm not sure if this means that one of the warriors were riku or not, but I thought it was interesting. The kingdom key is also one of the keyblades I believe but my memory may not be serving me right.

ThaJinx
05-31-2006, 09:01 AM
did anyone else notice that in the secret video, one of the keyblades was riku's? I'm not sure if this means that one of the warriors were riku or not, but I thought it was interesting. The kingdom key is also one of the keyblades I believe but my memory may not be serving me right.The three blades at the crossroads made by the field of other blades belong to Sora, Riku, and Mickey.