PDA

View Full Version : What issues make you want to have a revolution?

hardboiled
05-20-2006, 08:39 AM
It seems people love to argue about issues, yet no one organizes into groups anymore like in the progressive era... I was wondering what are some issues that you guys think are universal that really get you amped and ready to act crazy?

Immigration seems like one of the top ones right now, also the war in Iraq... What are some other issues in America you want to see address? anything about race, economics/resources, or military?

Why do you think people are not as active as they once were in voting and issues? Are we ultra satiated people that could care less about other people as long as we have our cup of tea like Dostoyevsky's underground man a la "Notes From the Underground?"

DeathKnight
05-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Public institutions and the way they're run and the media.

Hawkeye
05-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Too many opinions and not enough motivation, for the most part. There are of course organizations for every thing you could imagine, but as for nation wide political organizations that sought to change American society, I don't think that's gonna happen for a while.

One thing I'd wish they focus on a bit in addition to everything else is these goddamn gas prices in the west coast.

hardboiled
05-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Public institutions and the way they're run and the media.

Sounds interesting... What do you mean exactly though about the media? What about them? Also, what do you think is wrong with public institutions?

nik0tine
05-20-2006, 09:52 AM
The fact that I'll be able to play all of the old Nintendo Games!!!! :hyper:

GhandiOwnsYou
05-20-2006, 10:31 AM
hahaha!!! and half the viewers scratch their heads.

Nah, tax waste. that's my peeve. 600,000 to study the mating habits of squirrels? 300,000 grand a month for a posh DC apartment, fully furnished, for a senator that has never spent a night there. an astronomical (millions) amount for a bridge from one island to another island in antractica, total population of the two islands (with no bridge to land from either) being under 100 people.

these are only a few that i can remember, but there was a huge thing on Datelin i believe on it. astronomical amounts of waste.

boris no no
05-20-2006, 10:44 AM
The cost of houses, I won't be able to buy one until I'm at least 30 the way things are going.
The government rising the price of petrol because they want to lower CO2 yet they let the giant dildos of a jet fly in the air, costing people less then a meal to get places
People driving less then a mile to post something dumb like a letter. Bloody walk.

Jebus
05-20-2006, 11:27 AM
The gradual dissolution of our basic rights in this country in the interest of "Public safety."

Alive-Cat
05-20-2006, 11:34 AM
George Bush. He makes me wanna move into America, register to vote, and vote against him. Then move back here. Though England is just as bad, with that wimp Tony Blair, I don't think he's getting the hate he deserves. Bush messes up so badly, Blair is ignored, but he's just as bad. So those two. I'm going against those two, because my band is political, and trying to politicalize punks wherever we go. NOFX and Anti-Flag are doing that very well, hopefully we will, too. I'm really hoping for a revolution soon, but that's a little too much to ask...
Canada is the best country in the whole entire world...

nik0tine
05-20-2006, 12:25 PM
NOFX and Anti-Flag are doing that very wellNo. They were doing it well. Now they've just gotten ridiculous. They've gotten to the point where they are blindly supporting one cause for no reason other than "fuck bush!"

I still love Anti-Flag, though.

Lost Number
05-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Only one issue makes me want to have a revolution, but if i get started on it, ill probably get banned for taking thta into practice.

Freya
05-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I really hate the ignorant masses. The people who put bush and others in office but then complain about later. They also listen to everything the TV tells them. Media has taken control of the US and no one bothers to find things out themselves. Plus the teens these days are just getting stupider and stupier, with music and clothing. They care less about the happenings of the world then about if their shoes go with thier shirt.

Anaisa
05-20-2006, 05:07 PM
If I have an issue with something, and I can do something about it, then I do. I never just sit back and think that bothers me and I disagree with it, but I'll just conform because it's easier that way.

Alive-Cat
05-20-2006, 05:35 PM
NOFX and Anti-Flag are doing that very wellNo. They were doing it well. Now they've just gotten ridiculous. They've gotten to the point where they are blindly supporting one cause for no reason other than "smurf bush!"

I still love Anti-Flag, though.

There was some guy that said that on the NOFX site, but they're not blindly supporting, it's more than one cause, and has a million reasons, and "fuck Bush" is only one of them.

RPJesus
05-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Well, how many major revolutions have thier been?
And look when people try to protest? They get shot or beaten down.

The war in Iraq got a lot of protest, and even then there was violence. The American government is disgustingly violent. Watching those protests.... it's frightening.

marc
05-20-2006, 08:13 PM
green day and NOFX made it cool to rebel.
For that I have become authorities sick twisted child.

DeathKnight
05-20-2006, 08:41 PM
I really hate the ignorant masses. The people who put bush and others in office but then complain about later. They also listen to everything the TV tells them. Media has taken control of the US and no one bothers to find things out themselves. Plus the teens these days are just getting stupider and stupier, with music and clothing. They care less about the happenings of the world then about if their shoes go with thier shirt.

OH HELL YEAH I hear you.

Rednecks from the south and mid-west states vote for Bush, then they cry that their kids are being killed in Iraq, pathetic, and they bitch 'bout everything he does. You voted for him, suffer the consequences :irked:

Perducci
05-20-2006, 09:29 PM
The fact that I'll be able to play all of the old Nintendo Games!!!! :hyper:

Damn you beat me to it. :cool:

DK
05-23-2006, 04:16 AM
nik0tine stole what I wanted to post when I first saw this thread :mad2: