PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Party

Ranyx
05-20-2006, 04:27 PM
What was your guys Best Party for Battles?
I already beat the game and all all i do is level up my characters to level 99 or do they go to 100?
But anyways i have all of mine from 97 to 98 so far.
My Party is the Following on all Battles.

1-Cloud, Materia Blade(Level 98)
2-Ninja Male, Two Excaliburs (Level 97)
3-Ninja Male, Two Excaliburs (Level 98)
4-Ninja Male, Two Excaliburs (Level 97)
5-Ninaj Male, Two Excaliburs (Level 97)

That is the only Party i will use man.
I will tell you how i got all the Excaliburs.

Hint: Duplicate items:
Note: The sword must be stronger than any weapon currently available or the best fit option must select it. Your character must be able to equip shield and sword. Go into any shop and try fit a weapon in the hand with the shield. This should also get rid of the weapon in the other hand. Best fit the character and exit the fit screen. You should now have another weapon in the inventory. You can also use this trick with the best weapon in the shop.

Using the duplication trick, you can duplicate any item the character holds in their hand (all weapons and shields). This works from the first battle of the first chapter to the last battle of the game. First, put the weapon or shield to be duplicated in the bottom hand (no two sword ability). Give your character all your items that he can equip that has the highest HP, Attack, and Pevade. Go into a shop that has the best weapons or shields that you can equip are weaker than the one you wish to duplicated. If they are same strength, this will only work if yours is more expensive than the shop's best. Then, to the "Fitting Room", choose the character with the item to be duplicated, then choose "Try it on". Pick the top hand, choose any weapon or shield on the list. This should make you lose the item in your second hand. Now, choose "Best fit". It should be your original items. Select "OK" to duplicate the item.
Information in this section was contributed by brian nguyen.

Use the following to duplicate weak swords, such as Excalibur. Go to a place that sells only samurai/ninja swords and various other utilities. Go to the fitting room (for example, with Orlandu having Reflect Mail, Bracer, Crystal Shield and Helmet and Excalibur). Try on the best samurai sword available. Use "Best Fit", and instead of getting the samurai sword, you should get Excalibur again. Check your inventory, and you should have an extra Excalibur. This will work with any other rare weapon or shield that cannot be bought. Note: This works with any shield weapon, as long as it ends up back in the best fit. However, if it is a Rare weapon and cannot be bought, it will not end up in best fit; only the shop's best. In order to have the rare/best weapon you want to end up back in your hands, it must be equipped when you first go in. You should be able to clone as many Gold Estucheons and Excaliburs as desired.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 04:57 PM
My best party was;

Ramza lv. 90
T.G. Cid lv. 91
worker 8 lv. 88
red chocabo lv. 94
archer lv. 90 with chemist skills 2

Peter_20
05-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I remember "advertising" my party of choice on this site, and obviously it made the game "too easy":

3 Ninjas
2 Summoners

:D

Wtf, in the BEGINNING of the game I could rock any board with Two-Sword attacks and Summons like Moogle (defensive) and Bahamut (offensive). :cool:

Ranyx
05-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I remember "advertising" my party of choice on this site, and obviously it made the game "too easy":

3 Ninjas
2 Summoners

:D

Wtf, in the BEGINNING of the game I could rock any board with Two-Sword attacks and Summons like Moogle (defensive) and Bahamut (offensive). :cool:
Cool Peter that sounds cool but that is the only Party i use

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I never change my people or train any of the others

Crossblades
05-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Main Party

Ramza - Knight with Squire abilities
Wizard - has items command
Lancer - has items command
Monk - has items command
Orlandu - has items command

Party members used as reserves

Reis - Dragoner with White Magic abilities
Priest - has items command
Ninja - has items command
Cloud - has items command
Summoner - has time mage abilities
Worker 8

Party members I never use

Beowulf
Mustadio
Agrias
Rafa
Malak
Meliadoul

Note that all these characters(with the obvious exception to the unused characters)are all at Lvl. 50:)

Ranyx
05-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Crossblades sounds pretty cool.
I use the Party above but if i have a mian battle i always used Ramza instaed of one of the Ninjas i always play with Cloud.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Sometimes in ramdome battle i just use t.g. cid ramza and red chocabos for speed

Ranyx
05-20-2006, 06:39 PM
I cant remeber but there is a Trick you can do to make all of your Party Members Fast as Hell.
I need to find out where i saw it.

TRANS_AM409
05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah the R. battles in that game piss me off when ever i want on there are none but when i just want to move BAM!! Like a crapload of R. battles.

Ranyx
05-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah that is what happens to me too. it is funny at the same time lol

BG-57
05-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Ramza
Guts
Math Skills
Excalibur
Escutcheon (II)
Maximillian
Grand Helmet
Vanish Mantle

Orlandu
Holy Swordsman
Math Skills
Excalibur
Genji Shield
Genji Armor
Genji Shield
Genji Gauntlet

Agrias
Holy Sword
Math Skills
Chaos Blade
Kaiser Plate
Crystal Mail
Crystal Helmet
Setiemson

Beowulf
Magic Sword
Math Skills
Excalibur
Crystal Shield
Crystal Armor
Crystal Helmet
Germinas Boots

Meliadoul
Mighty Sword
Math Skills
Chaos Blade
Crystal Shield
Rubber Suit
Crystal Helmet
Setiemson

Ranyx
05-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Sounds like good Party BG i am going to play it in a few so peace!

solidusoul
05-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I like the special characters:

Ramza-Squire with Draw out (buffing, healing, and group damaging makes draw out fun)

Mustadio-Engineer with Knight Skills (long range breakage is very nice)

Orlandu-Holy Swordsman with Item (Just in case)

Beowolf-Magic Sword with Draw out (I like the samurai class)

Reis-Dragoner with Math Skills (ribbon-chantage for some invincibility)

Its a good thing you can duplicate items, otherwise your only masamune for regen-haste breaking would suck.

Starcrest
05-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Ramaza-Knight with Guts
Aegris-HolyKnight with Knight
Female Samuri-Items, i think...
Male WhiteMage-jump oO
Male Knight-Items
Summoner-Black Magic

that's all i can remember, they were around...fifty, maybe a little higher or lower

goldraine
05-29-2006, 12:37 AM
I never used the Item Dupe or JP Glitch, and my party is awesome:

Ramza LV85 Brave97 Faith70 Ninja w/ Squire skillset
Cloud LV84 Brave75 Faith40 Default w/ Item command
Female Calculator LV77 Brave45 Faith80 w/ every ability
Male Monk LV80 Brave80 Faith45 w/ Item command
Female Summoner LV74 Brave31 Faith94 w/ White Mage skillset

Gilthanes
05-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Its been a while since I played, but how exactly do you have Ninjas wielding Knight Swords? Unless you used Gameshark to put them on, in which case you could do much better than just dual wielding Ex's on Ninjas

As far as my best team, I stuck with special characters, but did lots of training. Ramza, Orlandu, Beowulf, Reis, and Mustadio. They all had Blade Grasp and Move +2/3 cept Beowulf Move Mp Up. Two Hands for Ramza/Orlandu, Throw Item and Item Command for Reise, Mustadio with Battle skill also (I too love the long-range breakage/skillwrecking).

Starcrest
06-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Knights can learn to wield their swords, just like the squires do axes, dragoons do lances, etc, and it'd be better to dual wield chaos blades...

feioncastor
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't think that "Equip Sword" applies to Knight swords such as Excalibur and Save the Queen. I think it only works for regular swords.

Starcrest
06-07-2006, 08:45 PM
it might idk, usually the only people i have with swords are knights...so it might not, idk, haven't tried it...

BG-57
06-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Generics can only equip Knight Swords as Knights. Some Nongenerics can also equip Knight Swords if their default job uses swords (Holy Swordsman, Divine Knight, Holy Knight, Temple Knight, Ramza's Squire).

Starcrest
06-08-2006, 02:49 AM
I have tried it with Agrias, a thief with equip swords cannot equip Knight swords, which is a bummer...but oh well. answers that question ^_^

Gansx
06-26-2006, 02:14 AM
Ramza
Guts
Math Skills
Excalibur
Escutcheon (II)
Maximillian
Grand Helmet
Vanish Mantle

Orlandu
Holy Swordsman
Math Skills
Excalibur
Genji Shield
Genji Armor
Genji Shield
Genji Gauntlet

Agrias
Holy Sword
Math Skills
Chaos Blade
Kaiser Plate
Crystal Mail
Crystal Helmet
Setiemson

Beowulf
Magic Sword
Math Skills
Excalibur
Crystal Shield
Crystal Armor
Crystal Helmet
Germinas Boots

Meliadoul
Mighty Sword
Math Skills
Chaos Blade
Crystal Shield
Rubber Suit
Crystal Helmet
Setiemson

Could you plz explain why you have math skill on everyone?

Starcrest
06-26-2006, 05:23 AM
because isn't it godly? (wouldn't know only heard some things)

BG-57
06-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Could you plz explain why you have math skill on everyone?

Certainly. Math Skills are quite simply the most powerful secondary skills in the game that are available to any human unit. You could make a case for All Swordskill or Magic Sword being the best, but they are restricted to Orlandu and Beowulf, respectively.

You have 16 combinations of parameters to join to most of the spells in the rosters of Wizards, Priests, Time Mages and Oracles. Except the spells hit instantly, with no MP cost, with no distance restrictions. You can always find a combination that will hit something. The trick is finding the right combination that will target just allies or just foes.

A favorite trick is to equip Excaliburs and Chameleon robes on the allies and cast Holy. Enemies cannot dodge it (unless they are Innocent) and allies simply absorb it.