PDA

View Full Version : How to get Jecht Shot 2...& Wakka's sigil

Tanith
05-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted before...

I've been playing alot of Blitz lately trying to get Wakka's sigil, and so far I haven't achieved Jecht shot 2 or the sigil.

I was wondering..about how many games do I need to play to get the sigil? I'm up to about 40.

Secondly, how do I get Jecht Shot 2, and I've heard there's some 'key techniques' or something I need to get for Tidus too. What exactly are these key tech's, I've read varying theories in different threads, and does anyone have any good tips/strategies in how to get them quickly? Like...how to make the marked player use them etc.

On a last note, I just found Tatt's, and he is one damn good Blitz player as well as being very hot... :P

Tavrobel
05-21-2006, 03:12 AM
A Key technique is an ability that is learned for a character to unlock more of the techniques he can use. Once Tidus has all three techniques, he will begin to be able to learn Jecht Shot 2 by winning Tournaments and League seasons.

There's no real way to get them quickly, unless you specifically go hunting for players that have the learned ability for you to use (and you remeber who used it). Mark means that the character will attempt to learn any technique that the enemy character knows and uses during a mtach. You can mark multiple players on the same enemy, but there is a smaller chance of sucessfully learning something. If it doesn;t work, then your character's level might be too low compared to the "mark".

E.g, mark Tidus on Wakka, and if Tidus needs Wither Shot, then if you marked Tidus on Wakka at the beginning of the match (before the match, but after you choose characters), and Wakka uses Wither Shot, then at the bottom of the screen will flash several words (not sure, but it flashes "Learn", or something). You'll know it when you see it. If you press X during that time, then there is a chance that you will learn the technique; a small ping sounds off, meaning that you learned it successfully. If not, then no character learned the technique.

Dell
05-21-2006, 04:54 AM
Have you obtained all of Wakka overdrives yet? (Attack Reels, Status Reels and Auroch Reels)

Tanith
05-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Oh sorry, you misunderstand...yes, I do know how to learn techniques and I know the definition of a key technique, I just wanted to know WHAT the key techniques for Tidus are?

For example I heard one is anti-venom i think....

Is one Venom Shot 2?

And no I haven't got all wakka's overdrives yet, I still need to get Auroch Reels. Then the Sigil. But whenever I do a league, alot of the time the 1st prize is something stupid like a luck sphere, or ether etc. Is it just random the prize? Or will the overdrives/sigils come up at a specific time after a specific number?

lady yunalesca
05-21-2006, 11:39 AM
to get auroch reels you need to get 1st place in a tournament and have status reels and have participated in at least 450 battles, maybe you just need to give the blitzin a rest and kick some feind ass with wakka for a while!! (jupiter sigil comes after this and 50 blitz games....if your lucky!! )

tidus cant get jecht shot 2 until he is at least level 16 (your chances improve the higher you are) you get in when you get 1st place tournament.

I cant remeber for the life of me what tidus' key techs are!!

hope this helps.

i suggest saving your game when before you go into your blitz menu when after the sigil as its really pot luck!!! it took me over 40 mins of in and out of the menue before it was offered as a prize after i got the auroch reels!! :)

Laugh at face of Danger
05-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Key Techniques come up when you're setting techniques at the beginning of a Blitz Match, after you've selected your team :p i think

Tavrobel
05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh sorry, you misunderstand...yes, I do know how to learn techniques and I know the definition of a key technique, I just wanted to know WHAT the key techniques for Tidus are?

For example I heard one is anti-venom i think....

Is one Venom Shot 2?

And no I haven't got all wakka's overdrives yet, I still need to get Auroch Reels. Then the Sigil. But whenever I do a league, alot of the time the 1st prize is something stupid like a luck sphere, or ether etc. Is it just random the prize? Or will the overdrives/sigils come up at a specific time after a specific number?

Should've specified that.

But be that as it may, the Key Techniques appear when you are on the main Blitzball List. When you go to the option "Techniques", you then choose a character, and you view all his learned techniques. At the bottom right is his Key Technique list (3 only).

Venom Tackle
Drain Tackle
Anti-Venom 2

No.

Well, you will have to play all the games for the League, but do Tournaments as often as you can, since Tournaments offer them much more often. If a Tournament isn't offering the prize you want, then go fight a few battles, or do stuff, or catach some monsters, and check back at the Save Spheres to see if a new tournament is available.

Prizes are completely random. I've once seen a Second Place prize as Potion, and the Second Place as Attack Reels. That's how I got it, I had to purposely lose at the final match in a tournament.

!!!I AM MEGA-DINGO!!!
05-22-2006, 04:04 AM
sweet thanks i couldnt figure out how to get aurochs wheels

Tanith
05-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys...well looks like i got quite alota blitz ahead of me.... *groan* Tidus is on lvl 32 at the moment and the team aren't far behind...except Letty who quite frankly sucks a$$...lol.

Laugh at face of Danger
05-22-2006, 07:57 PM
*laighs greedily* Oh yeah, status reels as first prize, they'll be mine in nine games time, bebbeh! *rubs hands together like an evil genious* then all that's left is aurochs reels... and training Wakka

Night_Blade
05-30-2006, 04:33 PM
On a last note, I just found Tatt's, and he is one damn good Blitz player as well as being very hot... :P

i have him but he sucks. i find that kyou is very good for a gk. better than keepa. try getting blappa too. he's good and so is jasso when he gets a high atk.

crazybayman
05-30-2006, 05:04 PM
I usually pick up Miyu for a goalie. Better than Kyou, even, going by catch rating. He/she is at the Guadosalam side of the Moonflow, at the sign right before you acquire Rikku.

Also, get Wedge as a RF. He's a guard at Luca stadium, him and Biggs are guarding the stadium entrance. Anyways, scout both of them, and one of them (I think its Wedge) will have an awesome shot rating.

Of course, get Brother as your MF on the Airship bridge.

Get Ropp and Kyou as defenders. Kyou is on the bridge leading to Djose temple, and Ropp is an Al Bhed with goggles, no shirt and a hat somewhere along your pilgrimmage. Anyways, Ropp and Kyou both have a great balanced combination of attacking and passing.