PDA

View Full Version : PREquel? I think not. KH1|2 spoilers

Moon Rabbits
05-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Many people have been speculating lately that the secret ending for KH2 hints at a /prequel/ to the series. I don't understand how you can think so when it gives obvious evidence against that idea.

The first piece of information that makes me think that KH3 will indeed be another sequel is the fact that the secret ending quotes the Ansem Reports, the fake ones being penned before the events of KH1, the secret (real) ones being written after KH1 and during CoM.

Anti-prequel hint number 2: Riku's Keyblade Way to Dawn is one of the three Keyblades drawn from the ground by the enigmatic armour-clad stars of the trailer. This Keyblade was made during the events of KH2.

#3: Near the end of the trailer when all the phrases pop up, one of them is "Memory of Xehanort". If it is a prequel, how would there be a memory of the main antagonist of KH2?

I really don't get how people think it's gonna be a prequel.

vampirepiggyhunter7
05-21-2006, 06:39 AM
*SHRUGS* Maybe they think they're all the keyblades, and that the ones in the other games were the only ones left. And maybe time travel... or chicken wings.. I- I dunno...

Tavrobel
05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Many people have been speculating lately that the secret ending for KH2 hints at a /prequel/ to the series. I don't understand how you can think so when it gives obvious evidence against that idea.

The first piece of information that makes me think that KH3 will indeed be another sequel is the fact that the secret ending quotes the Ansem Reports, the fake ones being penned before the events of KH1, the secret (real) ones being written after KH1 and during CoM.

Anti-prequel hint number 2: Riku's Keyblade Way to Dawn is one of the three Keyblades drawn from the ground by the enigmatic armour-clad stars of the trailer. This Keyblade was made during the events of KH2.

#3: Near the end of the trailer when all the phrases pop up, one of them is "Memory of Xehanort". If it is a prequel, how would there be a memory of the main antagonist of KH2?

I really don't get how people think it's gonna be a prequel.

It's complete speculation at one point. The strongest supporter of a sequel is the letter that Mickey gave Sora and Riku at the end of the game.

This thread is a good read. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=82541)

Some of the evidence can be twisted around, to form the shape of a prequel. The stylistic setting of the Secret Movie is seemingly past, yet it really isn't, if you look at what happens in a few seconds.

But for me, I shall take the middle path: The Way to the Da--
Err, I meant, a spinoff.

It also happened when Rye actually still posted in here, at the beginning of KHII's release. So the thread is even more fun to read.

finaloblivion
05-23-2006, 05:55 AM
this is a good thread. let's go post our theories on my new thread because it needs some replies....threads get lonely too. but personally i think its gonna be a sequel.....like, a lot farther in the future than a year...like hundreds even. the suits of armor look terribly futuristic, not medieval.

finaloblivion
05-23-2006, 05:55 AM
chicken wings are a possiblity as well.