PDA

View Full Version : FF3 DS Trailers + FMV!

DYSFI
05-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Just thought I should make a new thread for these videos.
http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/1418-Final_Fantasy_III-videos.html
There is gameplay, FMV, and gameplay on the E3 floor.
Enjoy! :)

Elpizo
05-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I saw them long ago on gamefaqs (or hwoever that's spelled), but it's still nice to look at them. Sara looks so cute ^^. I can't wait until this game falls in my hands.

RyanML
05-21-2006, 10:00 PM
:cool: awesome, i shall be buying a DS for this :D

Captain Maxx Power
05-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Man those load times seem harsh.

Zeromus_X
05-21-2006, 10:30 PM
*sigh*...so beautiful.

This may have been mentioned before, but who's doing the music for the remake? :cat:

RyanML
05-21-2006, 10:44 PM
*sigh*...so beautiful.

This may have been mentioned before, but who's doing the music for the remake? :cat:

i also wanted to know this...

Orophin
05-21-2006, 10:49 PM
*sigh*...so beautiful.

i also wanted to know this...

Can't remember where I saw this but I read that Nobuo Uetmatsu is back to remake the music of FFIII.

Man those load times seem harsh.

DS games never had loading time and this game will be not exeption, the game was running on a PC at E3 and not on a DS.

Captain Maxx Power
05-22-2006, 12:29 AM
DS games never had loading time and this game will be not exeption, the game was running on a PC at E3 and not on a DS.

Gah, don't make my spleen extend even more with your talk of PC version :(

BustaMo
05-22-2006, 01:17 AM
That is a sweet trailer and the first time I've seen it. The boss battle with the beast is an amazing shot and it looks like the graphics are going to be freak'n awesome. Now, we just wait...

DJZen
05-22-2006, 01:21 AM

Gah, don't make my spleen extend even more with your talk of PC version :(

Spleen?

Captain Maxx Power
05-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Spleen?

Yeah spleen, it uh, it's an organ that um, filters the lymph in the human body. Why do you ask?

FallenAngel411
05-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Is this game going to have those gorgeous FMVs interspersed throughout the game like the newer FFs? Because that it pretty damn impressive for a handheld.

jj984jj
05-23-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm sure it'll have a few, but not as many as FFXII does. :P

DJZen
05-24-2006, 01:00 AM
Spleen?

Yeah spleen, it uh, it's an organ that um, filters the lymph in the human body. Why do you ask?

Because it's an odd thing to have explode.

rubah
05-25-2006, 03:28 AM
Are they touting the fact that they screwed over american players, release wise? "The only Final Fantasy to never reach the Western shore"?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2006, 03:35 AM
It couldn't be helped back then. FFIII came out in Japan in 1990, which was the same year that FFI was finally released in America. And they wouldn't have put it out in '91 because by then FFIV was already on its way.

rubah
05-25-2006, 04:18 AM
but now they're making it a marketing point.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2006, 04:56 AM
"We couldn't give this to you guys back then. But you demanded it, and hey, here it is now."

What's wrong with that?

Cid Vicious
05-31-2006, 08:01 PM
I've seen some comparison pics of this game.
Have they already been post? If not i'll post them.

Michael Belmont
06-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Yeah this will give the fans something to think about and it's the first time there is the job system.

No.78
06-08-2006, 10:30 AM
This game looks so much fun! I wonder if it will be online compatible.

Sefie1999AD
06-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I can't get the image working in the videos mentioned in the first post, but fortunately I was able to see them in YouTube. They seem pretty promising. The FMV graphics are of excellent quality, and the orchestral arrangement of "Elia, the Maiden of Water" sounded very beautiful. ^^ I wonder if they can actually have music of such orchestral quality in the game itself. Is that girl with blue clothes and a long yellow hair Princess Sara? She looks cute, although I think I've got too used to her NES looks, red clothes (though they change to blue at times) and black hair. :love: The town graphics and battle mode graphics also looked nice.

I can't hear the sound effects or music in the battle video clip because of the other music and noise in the background. The battle seemed commands and moves seemed to go slower than in NES, though it could be that it's only because I was watching, not playing myself. And maybe I increased the battle speed or battle message speed in NES, I can't remember.

Tiamat
06-09-2006, 03:26 PM
It looks interesting, and FF3 was a surprisingly fun game, but I don't think this would be enough to convince me to buy a DS.

Yes yes, I know there are supposed to be other great titles on the DS, too...I guess I'm not much of a hand-held gamer.

I was interested to see during the gameplay trailer that the characters seem to attack without actually running up to the opponent. They just swing their sword in place. Is that supposed to be a tribute to the original version or something? It seemed sort of odd to me.

a nirvana fan
06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Final Fantasy remakes are annoying. Id rather play the original retro FF's any day over remakes.

But ive got to admit, this is looking quite good.

Dignified Pauper
06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
if i owned a DS, i'd be puimped, but i don't, so i'm just sad.

Sefie1999AD
06-11-2006, 11:05 AM
The lack of DS is also a problem for me. I'm not sure if FFIII will be out in Europe anyway. Actually, I'm not even sure if DS is out in Europe yet. I'll probably just have to stick to the emulators.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-11-2006, 11:11 AM
The DS Lite comes out in Finland on June 22 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Lite#Europe).

Sefie1999AD
06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I see. Thanks for the information. :) That's quite soon, in less than two weeks.

starseeker
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
I live in England and the DS had been out for yonks. My brother got one for his birthday in March.

Mirage
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
I can't get the image working in the videos mentioned in the first post, but fortunately I was able to see them in YouTube. They seem pretty promising. The FMV graphics are of excellent quality, and the orchestral arrangement of "Elia, the Maiden of Water" sounded very beautiful. ^^ I wonder if they can actually have music of such orchestral quality in the game itself. Is that girl with blue clothes and a long yellow hair Princess Sara? She looks cute, although I think I've got too used to her NES looks, red clothes (though they change to blue at times) and black hair. :love: The town graphics and battle mode graphics also looked nice.

I can't hear the sound effects or music in the battle video clip because of the other music and noise in the background. The battle seemed commands and moves seemed to go slower than in NES, though it could be that it's only because I was watching, not playing myself. And maybe I increased the battle speed or battle message speed in NES, I can't remember.
I doubt we'll get that level of quality for the music. What I've heard of audio coming from a DS is actually pretty poor, considering how good the rest of the console is. I'd say it's somewhere between the GBA and the PS1 midi quality.

Sefie1999AD
06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Too bad. Though if DS audio quality is better than GBA's, we might still get to hear some orchestral or vocal songs (after all, KH CoM for GBA had the vocal version of Simple and Clean play in the end), although they will probably be down-sampled quite a bit.