PDA

View Full Version : have anyone played legend of the dragoon before

hippo111
05-21-2006, 03:11 PM
hi has anyone played legend of the dragoon before?:)

Black Angel
05-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I finished the first disc, but then my second one screwed up...:-/

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 03:58 PM
i have played it...but just for a few minutes...all i have to say is that game is worst 10000 times than Unlimited Saga...

dragoonknight_kain
05-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I finished it, and imo it's the best RPG for ps1. Awesome graphics, even better FMVs, great sound, the battle system is really nice, great story. One of the only flaws is that the Dragoon form gets weak after you learn the last addition in level 7. Also, those magics take forever to load.

Venom
05-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I love that game, I have and I have beaten it quite profusely.:cool:

I'm a show off.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I love that game, I have and I have beaten it quite profusely.:cool:

I'm a show off.
you really love that game so much?...

Roto13
05-21-2006, 05:03 PM
I got to the third disc before I quit. I found it pretty boring.... That combo system thingy was cool, though.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I got to the third disc before I quit. I found it pretty boring.... That combo system thingy was cool, though.
you found it pretty boring?...you are totally right...

~SapphireStar~
05-21-2006, 05:53 PM
hi has anyone played legend of the dragoon before?
Yeah and I flippin' loved it!

Madame Adequate
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
i have played it...but just for a few minutes...all i have to say is that game is worst 10000 times than Unlimited Saga...

Hey look, we have a comedian in our ranks.

LoD = awesome. One of the better games to come out of the original PS era of RPGs, and one I was very thankful we got in England. It was nice to have an original and refreshing battle system.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 06:13 PM

LoD = awesome. One of the better games to come out of the original PS era of RPGs, and one I was very thankful we got in England. It was nice to have an original and refreshing battle system.
well, that's just my opinion...i'm not forcing anyone to believe me...to me, the best rpg in ps1 must be FF7, FF8, FF9 and Chrono cross...

Please refrain from bolding your text. It is unnecesary and annoying. Thank you. ~ Leeza

~SapphireStar~
05-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Totally agree, it was nice to recieve it in the UK. Thank god Ive still got a copy, some on Ebay are demanding ridic prices for it.

Ouch!
05-21-2006, 06:56 PM
I never finished it. I'm on the last disc with something like one more place to go. Maybe I should pick it up and finish it one of these days.

DeathKnight
05-21-2006, 07:05 PM
One of the best rpgs I've ever played, AWESOME environments and towns, great story, VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG(which is awesome for me) Lots of moves, lots of specials, great characters, very sentimental with LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS of twists. I love that game.

I hope they make a seque(with new characters on the PlayStation3)

Yuffie514
05-21-2006, 11:20 PM
argh, it rivalled with Final Fantasy VIII! but i still played it, even though the grand total was under 2 hours...

Crossblades
05-22-2006, 03:46 AM
Best RPG for the PS1. Highly recommended

Rengori
05-22-2006, 04:19 AM

well, that's just my opinion...i'm not forcing anyone to believe me...to me, the best rpg in ps1 must be FF7, FF8, FF9 and Chrono cross...

Please refrain from bolding your text. It is unnecesary and annoying. Thank you. ~ Leeza
You don't have to sray around and troll the thread if you don't like the game. I personnaly loathe Chrono Cross and found it quite boring, but I don't go around the CC forum and express it in size 7 bold Comic Sans font.

Anyway, I think LoD is a great game. The combo system is the best.

chaos_ghost
05-22-2006, 05:39 AM
I never got to finish it because my disc three got damaged. But it was still one of the best games I've played. I loved the combo system and I'm still waiting for a remake or a sequel(though I know it will probally never happen.) I still think Lloyd would have made a great FF villian.

farplaner
05-22-2006, 05:51 AM
It was a decent game, and I had fun playing it, but I really don't get all of the enthusiasm about the additions system. It's mostly really repetitive, unique no doubt, but after a while, tedious. I didn't like the items system very much, although it did force you to more carefully consider what you wanted or needed to put in each of the 32 (or however many) slots.

The main gripe (I like to gripe...) I have about this game is the dialogue. I mean, does nobody have any standards regarding the believability of the dialogue!? The interaction between the characters reads like a conversation between adolescent robots...or something.

My purpose is not just to rag on the game, I state these criticisms because I do like the game. I just think it could have been better. Its PS1 graphics were pretty clean and the in-battle voices were a nice touch...there I ended saying something nice.

Khaotic
05-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Wow I didn't think there was anything worse than CAPS LOCK TALKING until now, i'll leave out what I'm talking about though to prevent any "stir-ups".

Though, about the game itself, LOD is an amazing game, especially the battle system. The story line is actually pretty decent as well, if you get into it, but I do admit the begining is kinda slow and sub-par compared to the rest of the game.

Overall, 8/10.

darkchrono
05-22-2006, 07:18 AM
I heard alot of people say that Legend of Dragoon was just a rip-off of final fantasy 7

fantasyjunkie
05-22-2006, 08:35 AM
I played it a long time ago, don't remember much of it

Markus. D
05-22-2006, 08:51 AM

you cant really say you hate it, if you have barely touched it...

Rose ftw ^_^

Khaotic
05-22-2006, 08:56 AM
I heard alot of people say that Legend of Dragoon was just a rip-off of final fantasy 7
Umm.. they're nothing alike.. at all.. especially the battle system. Only thing I can possibly think of that is *partially* similiar is the Devine Tree and lifestream, which isn't exactly a good reason to say it "ripped" off Final Fantasy 7.

Reine
05-22-2006, 09:41 AM
How ironic, I was just reading about Legend of Dragoon on wikipedia....yeah, I have it, and I both enjoy, and dislike it. The graphics didnt impress me, they even seemed poor at times. Then again, I have diffeent likes nd dislikes abvout graphic styles, like FFX/X-2, I thought the graphics were boring, I prefer FFIX and Baten Kaitos's artistic graphic style.

The battle system was different, but there wasnt much you could do, and at times I just like to play RPGs without concentrating on button presses and timing, which is why I eventually just get Ultimate Wargods for everyone. This is also why I disike Shadow Hearts Covenant, the Judgement Ring system reminded me too much of Additions.

The music isnt that good either, I found most rather bland and unmemorable. Music is one of the MAJOR things about games to me, especially in an RPG. Also, I found the story rather lacking. This game needs a sequel/prequel or two. What attracted me to the game in the first place (As many probably are) were the Dragoons. I mean, transforming into an awesome suit of armour with wings, lol

Also, it seems to be bug filled, and jams very easily. When I defeat Feyrbrand and Graham, almost everytime I enter Lohan afterwards without saving, it jams, making me do that battle AGAIN. Ive also noted the odd translation. At some points, it makes no sense. EG: Volcano Villude is sometimes called Volcano Viludo, ive seen it on signs, and seen people say it, despite the actual location being "Villude"

Also the MAJOR thing that puts me off the game, is the fact that my file somehow ends up deleted or corrupt, ive never ever gotten to the Divine Dragon.

Another thing that really annoys me, is that you CANNOT leave the Moon That Never Sets. Meaning that you have to fight the secret boss, Magician Faust, at low levels and so on. Of course Lavitz's death really annoyed me, but when something like that happens, it ALWAYS annoys me, no matter what game it is.

Its not a bad game, it just isnt one of my favourites.

NeoCracker
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Lavitz was one of the cooler characters, but my favorite will always be Kongol.

hippo111
05-22-2006, 03:44 PM
yeh kongol was good but i think the haschel was good when you get his full dragoon combo in.

chaos_ghost
05-22-2006, 06:37 PM

Spoiler: The only thing I see in common is that a main character is killed by a silver haired guy with a sword

Other than that, I don't see what can make it an FF7 rip-off.

Khaotic
05-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Lavitz was cool, but I prefer King Albert

My party was Dart, Rose, and Albert

~SapphireStar~
05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Man I was defoed with Reine's spoiler. I remember when that happened, I was like "NNNOOOOOO!!!" But as for LOD copying 7, psh. What fool told you that?

DeathKnight
05-22-2006, 07:46 PM
I love Meru! She's so damn cute:

http://www.reiraku.net/lod/images/55meru.gif

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/lod/art-meru2.jpg

Darknite
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
my party was meru,kongol and dart. i kicked ass because kongols physical defence balanced with meru's magical defence. plus she's cute

Crossblades
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
yeh kongol was good but i think the haschel was good when you get his full dragoon combo in.

I agree

Madame Adequate
05-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Meru has pretty much the highest damage potential in the game, if I remember correctly. Been awhile though, and you had to be tricksy with her items and skills.

Did anyone use Shana or Miranda? I certainly didn't, other than when I was forced. They are failures. My fave party was Meru, Rose, and Haschel. Of course I couldn't actually have such a party, so Rose often got kicked out.

chaos_ghost
05-24-2006, 06:48 AM
When I play RPGs I switch between two partys every so often. Still, I never used Shana or Miranda. My party was either Dart, Haschel, and Rose or Dart, Kongol, and Lavitz/Albert

Wow, this thread has alot of spoilers!

DeathKnight
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
When I play RPGs I switch between two partys every so often. Still, I never used Shana or Miranda. My party was either Dart, Haschel, and Rose or Dart, Kongol, and Lavitz/Albert

Wow, this thread has alot of spoilers!

HAHA! I know. This game has so many TWISTS, and I love them to death, it's very dramatic stuff:) :) :) :) :) :cool:

Khaotic
05-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Starting up a new game as we speak :D Love the battle system too much, actually gives it a good challenge no matter how familiar you are with the game(assuming you haven't played for awhile) especially if you use lavitz xD

kikimm
05-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I can't stand the game. I tried to finish it three times, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I got no enjoyment out of it. Well, I mean, the battle system was fun, I'll give it that. Different than anything else I'd played before, and I liked that. But everything that matters to me - characters, dialogue, the story, was not to my liking. Disappointing, because I really wanted to get into the game. :(

Reeno the Alchemist
05-27-2006, 08:09 PM
isnt that the game with the really hot guy named Dart er something if it is i have never played it and back in the day when i first got chrono cross i member watching my sis play it and id get mad cause id get really boared i just liked the battle music maybe since im older and i can play rpgs i should try it out...hmmm

Venom
05-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Only draw back of Legend of Dragoon is thats the game is too easy.

Reine
05-28-2006, 04:26 AM
Man I was defoed with Reine's spoiler. I remember when that happened, I was like "NNNOOOOOO!!!" But as for LOD copying 7, psh. What fool told you that?

Hell yeah, he was my favourite character.

That scene came from nowhere when I least expected it

koocnahtanoj
05-28-2006, 04:33 AM
It's one of my all time personal favs.I don't care what anyone says about it!!!:D

fire_of_avalon
05-28-2006, 05:01 AM
I can't stand the game. I tried to finish it three times, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I got no enjoyment out of it. Well, I mean, the battle system was fun, I'll give it that. Different than anything else I'd played before, and I liked that. But everything that matters to me - characters, dialogue, the story, was not to my liking. Disappointing, because I really wanted to get into the game. :(
You are right in a very important way. I really think this is the most terrible game I've ever played. But I don't think that's saying a lot.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-28-2006, 06:27 AM
It was kinda a double edged sword. As far as the base storyline went, i was quite pleased. The main chunk of the battle system pwned, and as a general rule i liked all the characters, especially Haschel. dirty old men rule. I just generally enjoyed the whole vibe of the game if you will.

If anything, i'd say that it ripped off Final Fantasy VIII though. what with the "Main uber evil bad guy" switching from that king (don't remember his name) to loyd and the Winglys to Zeig and back all over again, it was pretty ridiculous. see as... Galbadia to Seifer to Edea to Galbadia garden, to Seifer again to Adel and Ultimacea... yeah. bad guy switching. Also with the whole "you're stuck" part in the last levels, making a huge fuss over high quality FMV, the entire Love it or Hate It public, and a battle system that largely ignores magic in favor of physical attacks. you've also got the "Over Seas is a big secret" thing going on, like Esthar in FFVIII and lets not forget one of your allys being aligned somewhat with your main enemies Meru = Wingly Shana = soul of the Virage/moon child and Rinoa = Sorceress

Anywho (sorry, long rant) the problem with the game was in the details. Magic was generally useless. other than defense and the Divine Dragon Dragoon Dragoon attacks and Magic were pretty worthless, thus making MP worthless. the FMVS, though awesome, had the absolute WORST VOICE ACTING EVER RECORDED IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, and if I had to hear the story of the Tree of whatever one more time from a "wise old man", i was going to snap.

So really, the base game was incredible. But there were definitely, DEFINITELY many many things to nitpick about, most of which inspiring groans and threats of physical violence when they occured.

Masamunemaster
05-29-2006, 02:05 AM
My best party was kongol, dart, and lavitz/spoiler

I haven't beaten the final boss bc he always kills off albert, then kongol in his second 2 forms

Markus. D
05-29-2006, 05:56 AM
Umm.. they're nothing alike.. at all.. especially the battle system. Only thing I can possibly think of that is *partially* similiar is the Devine Tree and lifestream, which isn't exactly a good reason to say it "ripped" off Final Fantasy 7.

hmmm, id have to say maybe similar relations, but thats rpg cliches for you eh?

the story is however alot more polished and less over the place (they strive to explain everything in LoD eventually)

~SapphireStar~
05-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Hell yeah, he was my favourite character.

That scene came from nowhere when I least expected it
Same here, it was like "What evil git thought of that!?" But it was the most memeroble moment for me in the game.