PDA

View Full Version : Help on beating Weigraf (human form) 1v1 using Ramza.

PontiusPilate
05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
I really have no clue how to beat this guy. He's level 29 and im 30. I have him as a monk with blade grasp, two swords, move two and guts skills ( what some people told me was the best combo. Since he had first attack he took me down more than half way in health then killed me his second attack. I also tried using a heavily armored hero like the knight, but his attack wasn't high enough. I have all the latest equipment but i still cant win.

Remon
05-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I had Ramza and the others as lancers with punch art seccond abilty if that helps.

conan
05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
You say you have two swords? Well hopefully you have a save file just outside of this battle, that will help. Anyways I would suggest using battle skill for Ramza. Use power break on him, and since you have two swords, he will do 2 power breaks, you should hit with at least 1 of them. This will lower Wiegraf's attack significantly. If blade grasp doesn't protect against his lightning stab, I would suggest stocking up on X-potions, and using auto potion.

PontiusPilate
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
blade gasp doesn't do jack. And i dont think power break would work considering he never uses physical attacks, always lightning stabs

conan
05-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Don't worry, power break definitely does work...I've beaten him time after time with it, it's a lot faster than running around yelling and accumulating. Hitting him with it will lower his physical attack by about 3, which should cut the stabs from 140 damage to around 80 or so, and hitting him with another will make him completely useless. Two swords makes this skill soooo much more useful. Of course if you miss with both shots, and he counters, you're dead. And be sure to use Auto potion instead of blade grasp.

PontiusPilate
05-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Luckily i beat the bastard:) Now i have to fight is demon form in which he contantly casts cyclops. I got two hits with two monks on the guy (which did about 900 damage total) before he killed me. How much health does this guy effing have

conan
05-22-2006, 12:08 AM
A lot. I think around 1200, though I don't know exactly. I recommend casting Demi 2 from a Time Mage, maybe some Holy, you know, anything that can deal a lot of damage to a single character very quickly, preferably at a long range. Demi 2 destroys half on an enemy's hit points, and it has about a 50% chance of working. Normally that's not a lot, unless of course you're fighting a zodiac monster, half of his hit points is half the battle.

PontiusPilate
05-22-2006, 12:12 AM
thanks alot!:)

Khaotic
05-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Well, I just did the normal way of killing him, and personally I think if you're having problems with this battle that you should probablydo the "normal way" since the next battle *can* be harder, depending what classes you have.

I basically was a monk, auto potion, move HP up, and guts. Basically I just accumulated and yelled until I had about 4 turns in a row, and then slaughtered him for like 700 damage in 1 hit.

feioncastor
05-22-2006, 07:56 AM
My recommendation is to make him a monk with squire abilities, assuming that you know both "Yell" and "Accumulate". Give him battle boots if you have them, and move +2 for sure.

At the beginning of the fight, get away from Wiegraf. Do not attack him or anything. Just get away. Then spend the next 20 turns using Yell and Accumulate, over and over again. If Wiegraf should hit you, simply use "Chakra" (Punch Art) to heal up, then continue running away. Once you're at the point where Ramza is getting roughly 7 or 8 turns in a row (because of using Yell so much), you'll have really high strength too, and you can take him out in one or two hits.

Then the next part of the game, all the Yelling and Accumulating will prove even more handy.

However, the first time I ever did it, I used Ramza as a chemist and gave him a gun so he could attack Wiegraf from accross the room. And as a chemist, I could use a potion on myself if I needed to heal for any reason. Yeah, the next part of the fight against Velius was much harder with Ramza as a Chemist, but I pulled it off. It was long before I knew the awesomeness of the monk. In fact, my first two or three times through the game, I simply didn't use monks at all. I remembered them being weak when I'd fight them in battles, so I figured they'd be weak if I made Ramza into one... I was wrong.

Roogle
05-22-2006, 08:34 AM
If you do the above strategy that feioncastor explained, you will be able to complete the subsequent boss battle a lot more easily.

PontiusPilate
05-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Yeah, thanks so much Feion, you've given me so much advice and all of it works everytime. I fought him and killed him and his demon form in one hit

szetok
05-23-2006, 03:11 AM
congrats pontiuspilate, imo the weigraf battle is the hardest of the game especially if u dont use the strategy presented by feioncastor.

feioncastor
05-23-2006, 03:49 AM
Yeah, thanks so much Feion, you've given me so much advice and all of it works everytime. I fought him and killed him and his demon form in one hit
Glad I could help! Just ask if you need anything else.

solidusoul
05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I know you already beat it, but I just like reminising.

My first time through I managed to beat him with a lancer (jumping) surprisingly and the lich summon will take a good chunk out of second form too.

But I just use the squire class any other time I play because that class is his best!