PDA

View Full Version : maybe it's just me

Denmark
05-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Do you hate it when people quote popular culture incorrectly? I really do. I have a perfection complex.

I can't think of any good examples right now, but it severely irks me.

Rye
05-21-2006, 06:17 PM
I hate when people mess up the lyrics to a song. My Mom always does that. It's bad enough that she sings terrible songs horribly, but she always gets the words wrong. It's so annoying. :(

RPJesus
05-21-2006, 06:21 PM
being unaware of this popular culture, I'm not sure what you mean.
Isn't it just bad if they quote it at all? Or say 'word'. Or whatever that word is...

rubah
05-21-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm not exposed to popular culture enough to know what it is at the current moment; it's rare when the stuff I see and listen to coincides with the stuff everyone else is xD

but's it's annoying when people misquote things anyways

Elite Lord Sigma
05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I hate it when people can't get the lyrics to a song correct.

Captain Maxx Power
05-21-2006, 06:57 PM
It's Rad Racer! Raaaaaddd Raaacceeerrr!!!

~SapphireStar~
05-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I hate when people mess up the lyrics to a song. My Mom always does that. It's bad enough that she sings terrible songs horribly, but she always gets the words wrong. It's so annoying.
My brother use to do that as a kid. It so annoyed me, he'd make up random words to sing to the tune, really irratating.

Levian
05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
It's really annoying when people trust surveys blindly. There's just so many factors that can make a survey wrong. And we don't know how many people are asked, and if it's representive. It's like travelling to India and ask people if it's OK to eat cows, and then publish on their webpage that 90% of the population on earth thinks it's not ok to eat cows.

Anyway, I generally find wrong things to be annoying. Seems quite obvious to me.

RPJesus
05-21-2006, 08:44 PM
I was studying for a French test, in my French test. I was going to turn on my iPod, for a little inspiration. I figured if I listen to 'Protege Moi' it counts for that, becuase it's all in French. It turned out I only had the English version. So I sat and tried to translate the words from English to French. I got as far as the title of the song... which I obviously already knew.

Does that count as misquoting? Wasting time...?

DK
05-23-2006, 04:23 AM
It's annoying when they misquote overused quotes that are already annoying, this making them even more annoying.