PDA

View Full Version : The butter exploded

starseeker
05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Since my mum just managed to make butter explode in a microwave instead of melt, I thought I'd start a discussion on culinary disasters.
What is the worst culinary disaster you've ever caused?
Mine is the time I put too much black food colouring in a sponge cake. It didn't rise and it looked so burnt that I hat difficulty persuading anyone to eat it.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Cold tea

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 06:37 PM
when my mum cook spicy chicken with a sauce that are already expired...she realize it when she found that the sauce colour is black, not red...my father immediately went to the shop to change it...but the sauce is already mixed with the chicken, so nothing that we can do...we just eat it and nothing bad happen to us...

rubah
05-21-2006, 06:40 PM
I made a glass break in the microwave while making a supersaturated sugar solution to make rock candy with :(

Um culinary disasters. . . I tend to stay away from cooking so I don't run into those too much.

Captain Maxx Power
05-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Cold tea

Better drink it before it gets warm!

Rye
05-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I usually microwave myself taquitos for lunch when I use the microwave. To do this, the microwave is set at 1:10. I wanted to make a cookie, but I forgot that I had to set it for 16 seconds only, so I put it as 1:10 since I'm so used to microwaving taquitos. Lots of black smoke came out of my microwave and it spelt so bad. xD

Levian
05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
You guys put way too many things into the microwave. Where I come from we only put stuff like small pizzas, buns, infants and sausages.

Venom
05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I set pork chops afire once.

Damn thing is, It was an accident.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
You guys put way too many things into the microwave. Where I come from we only put stuff like small pizzas, buns, infants and sausages.
i agree...unless you have a giant microwave which is sponsored by doraemon...

RPJesus
05-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I ran the kitchen on the Hidenburg. It... um... it went badly.

Perducci
05-21-2006, 08:42 PM
I can't make pancakes.

It took me three frying pans before I realised this.

Reine
05-21-2006, 09:27 PM
grapes *Evil grin*

DarkLadyNyara
05-21-2006, 09:33 PM
I once put foil in the microwave. ;) Good times. :D

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-21-2006, 09:42 PM
There was the time I first made scones, they came out a little too hard. I'm pretty good at cooking so I don't burn things very often. I also once set my dressing gown sleeve on fire doing scrambled eggs... still have no idea how I managed that.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 09:48 PM
There was the time I first made scones, they came out a little too hard. I'm pretty good at cooking so I don't burn things very often. I also once set my dressing gown sleeve on fire doing scrambled eggs... still have no idea how I managed that.
you are pretty good in cooking?...can i know about you more?...please?...

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I can make cakes and cookies. I once made cookies that only cooked on the outside and where all gooey inside. Another time that went bad was when I first made a chocolate cake with buscuite base, I followed the recipie and the base totally fell apart when I took it out of the baking tin. (If ya wanna know more about me PM me so I don't get told off by a CK for going off topic.)

XxSephirothxX
05-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I left some baked potatoes in the oven for too long once and one of them exploded. The inside of the oven was covered in pieces of potato.

Chris
05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Mac & Cheese in the microwave is not a good idea! THE CHEESE ALWAYS BURNS. <<

RUINED.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 10:19 PM

RUINED.
totally right...

Freya
05-21-2006, 10:21 PM
ME and my sister thought it would be cool if we added white chocolate chips in the chocolate cake. Well they sank to the bootom burned and ruined the cake.

Twisted Tinkerbell
05-21-2006, 10:45 PM
ME and my sister thought it would be cool if we added white chocolate chips in the chocolate cake. Well they sank to the bootom burned and ruined the cake.

I have never heard of that happening before. Although trying to convince someone to eat half cooked cookie smelling goo is way harder than it sounds, thankfully Lasuria will eat anything I put in front of him *evil grin*

Flapjacks that fall apart when you so much as touch them is pretty bad.

~SapphireStar~
05-21-2006, 11:53 PM
I burnt my hand on a cassarole dish. It was slipping off the tray, so my reaction was to grab it. However it had just come out of an oven at 250 degress :( I wasnt a happy bunny.

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 11:58 PM
what a pity...

leader of mortals
05-22-2006, 12:08 AM
i put a rally spicy chicken sandwich, IN THE FOIL, in a microwave and i spark and blew up. It was funny as hell though!!! :greenie: :p :p :D ;) :D :p :cry: :eek: :cool: :cool:
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :happybday :twak: :fencing: :shoot: :rock: :trout: :twocents: :screwy: :bigbiggri :tumble: :banbleys :ty:

Anaisa
05-22-2006, 01:01 AM
A few nights ago my chocolate fudge cake exploded in the microwave. It was incinerated in the bottom of the bowl, and it was stuck to the dish. I had to excavate it out. I once put some pasta on the hob and started cooking it, and I forgot to put water in! I've poured water on my cereal before, instead of milk.

Perducci
05-22-2006, 01:09 AM
When I worked as a waiter last summer, we also had to make the deserts aswell.
At the end of the night, me and my friend found a box of almost out of date chocolate flakes, and being the dumbasses we are decided to melt them all together in a bowl and eat them like that. They didn't really melt too well and the whole kitchen smelled bad for like two days. :/

Yuna-Lenne
05-22-2006, 01:33 PM
I just made flapjacks and put too much syrup in, they're way too chewy! :P
Worst would be...well once I made macaroni cheese and my dad added cheese that was out of date. He's awful for that. He once gave my mum some lobster tails that were 6 weeks out of date. :|

Edit: and once my friend came round and I made pancakes, she just sat idly by and read a book, even though she said she'd help. I think I put too much mix in at one point. :P I was eating them while cooking them and handing her half to her, too much at once. I melted a knob. :| My parents weren't happy.

Shaun
05-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Hah. I remember in Food Tech in about Year 8 or 9 (years back), I think it was a cheesecake I was making. It went terribly wrong - I used too much colouring and it went greeny-blue. It looked funky, and tasted funky.

crazybayman
05-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't make mistakes. :cool:

ekinserge
05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't make mistakes. :cool:
cool...you're simply perfect in any ways...is it?...

Kappy
05-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Something funny happened this very morn. I put the kettle on for a cup o' tea and the kettle decided to not switch off, so it boiled for ages. Me being stupid and not realising it was still going, I turned round to the horror of the kitchen being FILLED with steam from the kettle.

YAY TEA TOWEL WAVY MADNESS! xD

DK
05-23-2006, 04:31 AM
I set fire to a glass of milk once. That was pretty amazing.

leon123
05-23-2006, 11:58 PM
what does culinary mean?:confused:

KentaRawr!
05-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I didn't realize that as water boiled, the water leaves the pot as steam. u_u; I was cooking ramen.

Tempest
05-24-2006, 01:02 AM
I once put foil in the microwave. ;) Good times. :D
Haha! I've done that before too. Smart, aren't we? :D

I cook at my job, so I'm sure there are a lot of disasters I've had. One time I was being nice and taking a pie out of the oven for someone and I ended up droping it on the floor, so I had to make another pie. Well, after that pie finished baking I went to take it out of the oven and drop that pie too. I wasn't to amused when it happend. :mad:

Dixie
05-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I decided that butter wouldn't burn fast on a grilled cheese sandwhich so I turned the heat on the oven to max, and the whole kitchen was covered in smoke. >_<

Evastio
05-24-2006, 01:14 AM
what does culinary mean?:confused:
It means kitchen related. I think.

There was this one time where I had hot melted marshmallows stuck on my hand. Very painful. When I tried to take it off I got my hands even more sticky (and burned).

o_O
05-24-2006, 01:14 AM
My worst culinary disaster was when I put a CD in the microwave.

I was pretty kickin' rad, but it tasted horrible.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
05-24-2006, 05:19 PM

RUINED.

Set the microwave to low and cook it for 30 seconds at a time.

I put a christmas bauble in the microwve once... hehe... and i've totally burnt a birthday cake i was making.. Adn i accidentally microwaved a chocolate chip muffin once... really nice though.. i microwave them all the time now..(Yummm..)

project X
05-24-2006, 05:29 PM
No idea how to use microwave + anything = disaster. :(

ekinserge
05-24-2006, 05:43 PM
My worst culinary disaster was when I put a CD in the microwave.

I was pretty kickin' rad, but it tasted horrible.
you put a CD in the microwave?...

what kind of recipe that you try to invent?...

KentaRawr!
05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
you put a CD in the microwave?...

what kind of recipe that you try to invent?...

It's a recipe called "Delete all the data on the CD and make the CD look freakin' awesome!"

Another disaster of mine would have to be when a hot dog exploded in the microwave.

We aren't good with microwaves, are we? :p

Shoden
05-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I first thought this said "The Buttler exploded" lol. I've seen enough stuff on brainiac. Try putting citric fruits in the microwave.

Reles
05-24-2006, 08:37 PM
You can simply ask anyone that knows me well enough. I can't cook, put a spacula in my hand and I'll start a fire. Even if I don't have matches or an oven or microwave. Just a spacula. That's how bad I am.

black orb
05-24-2006, 08:49 PM
>>> Once I tried to make the Yakitate Japan`s Microwave Bread (http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/312) but I failed.. :cry:

theundeadhero
05-24-2006, 11:39 PM
I tried cooking biscuits on the stove top using a cookie sheet once. Didn't turn out so well. I also tried to open a can of biscuits with a can opener. It made a mess everywhere, but was pretty amusing.

Ki Ki
05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I don't cook much. I have boiled many ants though! But boiling water and ants is not really cooking. );
I guess my worst experiences have been with instant noodles and eggs and the mircowave.
I tried to boil an egg in the microwave once and it popped. I was so sad because it was the very last egg too! >:
And once, when I was VERY YOUNG, I put the instant noodles into the microwave with everything but the water and it burnt and kind of caught a light. :choc2: