PDA

View Full Version : 100% completed!! (Major spoilers)

Croyles
05-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Yep ive just completed it and got a 100% and I have some truly amazing things to say about the ending:

It sucked. Definitely wasnt worth that extra mile I had to go through just to see that last bit.
Nah, it wasnt all that bad, seeing Tidus again was kinda worth it I guess. Sill, 60 hours of gameplay id done! I dont understand though. The last part with Tidus (non FMV) where he and Yuna contemplate whether he is still just a dream and whether he will fade again, what is the answer? Yuna pushes him in the water and says "See, you didnt fade". So does that mean Tidus is for real or not? Any clues?

Who else beat them game at 100%?

Tavrobel
05-22-2006, 01:45 AM
Oh, no. He's real. I don't feel like explaining WHY, someone else can do that. I beat it 100%. Biggest waste of my time possible.

Moon Rabbits
05-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Oh, no. He's real. I don't feel like explaining WHY, someone else can do that. I beat it 100%. Biggest waste of my time possible.

I'm glad I never beat it 100%. The ending I got was lame either way.

I still don't see how Tidus could BECOME real...

SeeDRankLou
05-22-2006, 01:50 AM
The last scene is a true testament to how Yuna has grown throughout this game. Think of how Yuna was at the end of FFX. She was strong, but she was also very weak in many aspects of her personality and her life. When we last saw Yuna and Tidus together, Tidus said he had to leave, and Yuna ran after him only to fall through him, realizing what he really was. She couldn't even look at him jump off the airship and into the ocean, but could only say "I love you," not even to his face.

Skip ahead, we have a new Yuna. Yuna is presented with the possibility that Tidus might still be a dream, and that she might lose him again. The old Yuna would have clung to him and not let go until there was no choice. But the new Yuna.....not only did she have the confidence that he would stay, she actually tested it herself. When Tidus left Yuna, he jumped off a "ledge" and into the water where he disappeared. Now, Tidus is saying that he might still not be real and that he might disappear again, so Yuna recreates the scene from the past. She pushes him into the water, just like when he disappeared last time. And he didn't. Not only did she have the courage and brevity to do this in the face of the possibility that he actually might disappear, but she did it with a smile, having the optimism and confidence that he wouldn't. And in doing so she gave Tidus that same feeling. She has changed.

Getting the perfect ending wouldn't have seemed like such a hassle if getting the good ending wouldn't have been so easy. It should have been harder to get the good ending, then there would have been some balance to the situation. I however liked the perfect ending, but as I say to everyone, you shouldn't kill yourself over it.

Croyles
05-22-2006, 02:53 AM
Good explanation. thanks for that!

BustaMo
05-22-2006, 03:21 AM
I only beat the game around 70% or so, but saw the final Perfect Ending on YouTube and was pretty happy about it. FFX ended in such a way where it left me thinking: "What? The main character can't just leave like that without a happy ending with his chick!" so when I saw the X-2 perfect ending, I loved it. I'm a whore for FFX.

BG-57
05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
On the subject of Tidus' reality, there's a Ultimania guide which apparently states that Dream Zanarkand existed physically but inaccessably in Spira. Of course there's no way to know that from FFX itself.

What the game made clear was that Tidus, although corporeal, was a manifestation of the collective dreaming of the Fayth entombed near the ruins of Real Zanarkand, along with everything else in Dream Zanarkand. Once he realized that, Tidus knew that freeing the Fayth from their dreaming could very well undo himself and everyone else in Dream Zanarkand. Does a dream continue after the dreamer wakes? Although the Fayth of Aeons dropped hints that he might continue some sort of existance after Sin was defeated. The final scenes seem to confirm this.

So Tidus spent the course of FFX-2 existing but noncoporeal, in the Farplane presumably, since that's where Yuna can hear his whistling. It took the collective power of the Fayth to give Tidus a coporeal body again.

I have 99%, but I'm not in a hurry to get 100%. There are other games to play through first.

Setzer Gabianni
05-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey, I saw it on Youtube too, but I thought the ending sucked primarily because I disliked Yuna and Tidus.

~Setzer Gabianni

Laugh at face of Danger
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
I have come to the relisation that i don't have to complete the game - You Tube perfectly spoilt my 150+ game. I also was disappointed (especially with You-tube, it was in spanish, dammit) but i thought nothing on it, other than, "Why, oh why couldn't they just have them both die, which would be perfectly circular logic, leading back to the spiral of death that spira is based on."

And it has since come to my knowledge that if you skip a scene (purely for the fact that you are fed up of the banter) you don't get the added % complete - so i could well have seen the 100% complete ending on my own 10" screen had it not been for my impatience. My Bad.

kikimm
05-23-2006, 05:27 AM
I'm glad I read this thread, I've been so confused ever since I played FFX and FFX-2. Okay I get it now yay champagne hugs and kisses woo hoo.

I never bothered to actually PLAY to get 100% though. Like some of you people, I saw it on the internet, and I'm glad that's what I did. I wasn't happy with it. I didn't want an FFX-2, I didn't want a happy ending, etc etc. And spending that long with any game is bad for me.

obsessed_wif_yuna
05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
can you onli see this after 100% or is your version international or last mission or watevarr coz mine is the normal version, i still havent passed it with 100% yet but wen i did pass it, the onli thing i saw wif yuna and tidu was a holographic like tidus having his arms around her lyk and the end of ffx b4 he jumps off the airship. and she just sais "you were with me all along werent you?" and sum other stuff n den she sais "i love you" and walks off...i mean there wasnt a fayth or nething...
and heaps of yo0h sai yo0h saw tidus under water and when i read dat, i just thought WTF? coz nuthing happened in mine

Hey, I saw it on Youtube too, but I thought the ending sucked primarily because I disliked Yuna and Tidus.

~Setzer Gabianni
can yo0h giv me a link 2 dat film thingy?

Setzer Gabianni
05-23-2006, 11:07 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pN65FP8IetU&search=Perfect%20ending

^ Here you go, have fun watching ;P

~Setzer Gabianni

Croyles
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Theres a bit before that part too which is an fmv.

Yliette
05-27-2006, 03:37 AM
The ending wasn't even animated in FMV. I'd rather take minutes to watch in YouTube than DAYS of worthless playing to unlock it.

And the minigames, what a pain in the ass! Most of them have only little or even nothing to do with the story!

obsessed_wif_yuna
05-28-2006, 05:27 AM
omg i did not see nething lyk dat wen i finished the game!! and sum1 plz answer mah question:can you onli see this after 100% or is your version international or last mission or watevarr coz mine is the normal version, i still havent passed it with 100% yet but wen i did pass it, the onli thing i saw wif yuna and tidu was a holographic like tidus having his arms around her lyk at the end of ffx b4 he jumps off the airship. and she just sais "you were with me all along werent you?" and sum other stuff n den she sais "i love you" and walks off...i mean there wasnt a fayth or nething...
and heaps of yo0h sai yo0h saw tidus under water and when i read dat, i just thought WTF? coz nuthing happened in mine

Marluxiaswife
05-28-2006, 06:49 AM
but in last mission yuna was not with tidus so that ment he was still a dream

Croyles
05-28-2006, 02:03 PM
omg i did not see nething lyk dat wen i finished the game!! and sum1 plz answer mah question:can you onli see this after 100% or is your version international or last mission or watevarr coz mine is the normal version, i still havent passed it with 100% yet but wen i did pass it, the onli thing i saw wif yuna and tidu was a holographic like tidus having his arms around her lyk at the end of ffx b4 he jumps off the airship. and she just sais "you were with me all along werent you?" and sum other stuff n den she sais "i love you" and walks off...i mean there wasnt a fayth or nething...

You need to get 100% as we've already said. :p
I also only have the normal version. Dont know why you didnt get it, you sure u got 100%?

Tavrobel
05-28-2006, 02:11 PM
but in last mission yuna was not with tidus so that ment he was still a dream

In Last Mission, she refers to Tidus multiple times, including mentioning that she's pretty much domesticated herself to making sure his stomach is full. He is real at the end of FFX-2. End of argument.

http://www.warmech.net/special/lastmission/lastmission.html
This is a pretty accurate translation, including screenshots.

You need to get 100% as we've already said.
I also only have the normal version. Dont know why you didnt get it, you sure u got 100%?

She said that she didn't get 100%. You can see this on ALL versions. You also much fulfill certain conditions.

DeathKnight
05-28-2006, 03:37 PM
I loved the ending to DEATH, both the normal and 100% one, it CLOSES off the story and re-assures you that Tidus won't fade again, and best of all, it ends in Zanarkand...where Yuna and Tidus shared great moments.

Getting 100% is TOUGH work, but it shows how MUCH Yuna would do just to see Tidus again. FFX left me with a taste of incompletion.......accepting that Tidus was just a dream was not an option, so yes it's good to see YRP go into action in a fun and girly way, there's NOTHING wrong with that. Sadly, the MACHO MEN who play FFs think everything has to be made their way. And like I've said before, Final Fantasy X-2 is just the continuation of Final Fantasy X, is not a WHOLE NEW SEPERATE game, it NEEDS to be connected, those of you who place it as a stand alone game WILL miss the fun as the thread starter has. Those are my humble opinions AND facts, thanks all.

:meditate:

Dell
05-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I loved the ending to DEATH, both the normal and 100% one, it CLOSES off the story and re-assures you that Tidus won't fade again, and best of all, it ends in Zanarkand...where Yuna and Tidus shared great moments.

Getting 100% is TOUGH work, but it shows how MUCH Yuna would do just to see Tidus again. FFX left me with a taste of incompletion.......accepting that Tidus was just a dream was not an option, so yes it's good to see YRP go into action in a fun and girly way, there's NOTHING wrong with that. Sadly, the MACHO MEN who play FFs think everything has to be made their way. And like I've said before, Final Fantasy X-2 is just the continuation of Final Fantasy X, is not a WHOLE NEW SEPERATE game, it NEEDS to be connected, those of you who place it as a stand alone game WILL miss the fun as the thread starter has. Those are my humble opinions AND facts, thanks all.

:meditate:

I agree with you, When I see FFX ending, I can't bare to see that, I mean can't they live forever like Squall and Rinoa, Cecil and Reina etc and that's why FFX-2 is created to end FFX story in the good way. Now I'm playing the game to 100% but stuck! I just can't caliberate the tower (Thunder Plains), my reflex are not so high. :(

Croyles
05-28-2006, 09:58 PM
I agree with you, When I see FFX ending, I can't bare to see that, I mean can't they live forever like Squall and Rinoa, Cecil and Reina etc and that's why FFX-2 is created to end FFX story in the good way. Now I'm playing the game to 100% but stuck! I just can't caliberate the tower (Thunder Plains), my reflex are not so high. :(

[Off Topic] You dont have to calibrate the towers to get 100% btw, but will have to fight the monsters that come there later on. Also if you succesfully calibrate each tower to 30 you get some good items after defeating the monsters in another chapter.

Dell
05-29-2006, 02:42 PM
[Off Topic] You dont have to calibrate the towers to get 100% btw, but will have to fight the monsters that come there later on. Also if you succesfully calibrate each tower to 30 you get some good items after defeating the monsters in another chapter.

[OFF TOPIC] For the sake of game completion....I want to get that GG and Ribbon in chapter 5.

Mirage
05-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Cecil and Reina?

Dell
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Cecil and Reina?

I mean Cecil and Rosa.