PDA

View Full Version : most powerful sealed weapons.

boys from the dwarf
05-22-2006, 07:39 AM
im coming up to the pyramid in world 3 for the 2nd time (this time i intend to complete the game.) and i know that after that i get to pick 3 sealed weapons. id like to know which 2 have the highest attack power because ive got someone on the bare job class with 2 swords and the store ability so i want the most powerful ones. i think its rune axe and excalibur but im not sure. which are the most powerful?

Shin Gouken
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Im not sure about the exact attack power of the rune axe but its ability is to use MP for critical hits. That combined with Store will make it very powerful.

Elpizo
05-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Excalibur+Masamune is quite good, if you ask me. Later though, beat Shinryuu en get Ragnarok.

Rune Axe I never found taht good, actually, but that's just me... I think the three most powerful sealed weapons were: Holy Lance, Excalibur and Masamune.

But it's your choice. :)

boys from the dwarf
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
i just mean in attack power. EG. excalibur has 200 attack power where others may have more or less. so which 2 have the highest attack power?

Elpizo
05-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Excalibur and Masamune, I suppose... Don't shoot me if it isn't true... :(

Peter_20
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm always all for Swords and Knives, so I choose Excalibur, Masamune, Assassin Dagger and all that stuff. :cool:

rubah
05-23-2006, 01:09 AM
why are you fighting with a bare when you still have storyline to go?;o you shouldn't be wasting these opportunities for AP!

I had to pick for myself the other night, and for some reason I got the Sage staff, Masamune, and excalibur. However, no one is in a class that can equip any of those-.-

BustaMo
05-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Excalibur+Masamune is quite good, if you ask me.
I'd go with what Elpizo said. In fact, I did go with those 2 out of 3 when I played through FFV. They are well over 200+ in the attack power column when equiped with the 2 handed ability. Then for the thrid weapon, just pick whatever you need for the other job class you use the most. You will eventually get them all, so don't worry.

eestlinc
05-23-2006, 05:49 AM
I always get at least one of the Masamune and Excalibur in my first trip to the sealed weapons, if not both. i like the Flame Whip too, kinda, and the Assassin Dagger is good if you have a dancer. (i think that is the dagger the dancer can equip.)

boys from the dwarf
05-23-2006, 10:16 PM
ive figured out that holy lance and excalibur have the highest attack power. right now ive got a dragoon with holy lance and a bare with double sword, store and excalibur and masamune. (the reason im using a bare job class is because i have most of the abilitys i want already.)

Shin Gouken
05-24-2006, 08:04 AM
ive figured out that holy lance and excalibur have the highest attack power. right now ive got a dragoon with holy lance and a bare with double sword, store and excalibur and masamune. (the reason im using a bare job class is because i have most of the abilitys i want already.)

If you can replace "Store" with Sshot then you'll have no trouble killing anything. Perhaps use the ability points in pheonix tower to quick master hunter with no effort

boys from the dwarf
05-24-2006, 03:16 PM
maybe. i guess at some point ill train up loads and get some good abilities.

rubah
05-24-2006, 10:15 PM
After some experimentation, I've found that the wizard rod and the sage staff are awesome:O

faris as a mime with !x-magic with the wizard rod equipped will do about 4000-5000 on a normal enemy with a elemental3 spell, about 7000-8000 on a normal enemy with a weakness to the element (high numbers are from reflecting the spell. ). Flare does 3500 ish.

Lenna is also a mime and with the sage staff, holy does about 5000 to a normal enemy. I don't think you can reflect holy, so that sucks, but it's still nice8)

those figures are about as good as miming sword dance is :D

Shin Gouken
05-24-2006, 11:48 PM
After some experimentation, I've found that the wizard rod and the sage staff are awesome:O

faris as a mime with !x-magic with the wizard rod equipped will do about 4000-5000 on a normal enemy with a elemental3 spell, about 7000-8000 on a normal enemy with a weakness to the element (high numbers are from reflecting the spell. ). Flare does 3500 ish.

Lenna is also a mime and with the sage staff, holy does about 5000 to a normal enemy. I don't think you can reflect holy, so that sucks, but it's still nice8)

those figures are about as good as miming sword dance is :D

The sage staff is incredable. Using it, its almost possible to kill twin tania with one player in a single turn! Casting Holy holding the sage staff on twin tania is 9999HP. Use in conjuction with Redx2(X-magic) and Time magic you can reach 49,995HP (Thats Holy, Quick, Holy, Holy, Mime) He has a staggering 50,000HP so another 5HP and he's history. Of course 2-swords, Quick and Sshot equipped with Holy lance and Excalibut would kill him quicker but of course thats why Physical>magic IMO :greenie:

Omega weapon123
05-26-2006, 01:05 AM
hmmmmmmm........... I don't really care on attack power of the sealed weapons, Its the strategy I used them in is what I think is best like enchanter for example, I'm a sorcceror with the two swords ability with two enchanters( trust me u get two of them), infuse flare with them and I can take off between 4,000-5,000 or more attack with just one person.

rubah
05-26-2006, 06:08 AM
enhancers? Don't those use MP to hit harder? or HP or something?

Omega weapon123
05-30-2006, 01:30 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................no

rubah
05-30-2006, 06:32 AM
http://eyesonff.com/ff5/weapons.php#13

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 06:40 AM
They're all pretty cool (they are 'Sealed Legendary Weapons' after all, I'm sure they'd have to be good enough to merit that title), but I like Masamune for the first turn initiative, and any other Ninja/Samurai equipment. (Sasuke's Katana, Assassin Dagger, and what-have-you. Although I think that was for Dancers or something.)

Crossblades
05-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Holy Lance and Ragnarok IMO is the most powerful.