05-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Hellz ya, it has Juggernaught.

Mo-Nercy
05-22-2006, 12:57 PM
No Gambit :(

I might watch it.

Captain Maxx Power
05-22-2006, 12:57 PM
I will see it, primarily to see Wolverine win. Again.

lovehurts
05-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Im shocked that it hasnt surfaced here yet...:(

Im seeing it! Xmen forever. The laddies are so fine in those movies!

UMPH!!!!

UMPH!!!!!

UMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!

WHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

HOHOOHOHOHHOO

WAHHAAHHAAHAHAHHA!

Shake that ass ...umph umph!!!

GET DOWN!!! GET DOWN!!!!

Ok, Im ok now.;)

LunarWeaver
05-22-2006, 02:11 PM
New director and that's scary... Plus Jean's Phoenix stuff is a side-story and not the main plot *sigh of dramatics*, but ah well... I'll see it anyway. This will probably be the last one though with this entire cast...and still no gambit? Well hey at least Angel is in it, he's much more important then Gambit. >_>

Breine
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I'm going to see it. The X-Men movies are some of the best comic book movies out there :choc2:

Twilight Edge
05-22-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm not telling you because I'm cool like that.LOL:D

Roto13
05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Is Halle Berry in it? I heard that she wasn't going to be playing Storm any more, but that was a while ago.

Ramza Beoulve
05-22-2006, 05:07 PM
No Gambit :(

I might watch it.
:cry:

LunarWeaver
05-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Is Halle Berry in it? I heard that she wasn't going to be playing Storm any more, but that was a while ago.

Yeah Halle did eventually come back, which is surprising since Catwoman elevated her acting status beyond the likes of feeble X-men.

DeathKnight
05-22-2006, 05:56 PM
No, I can do better things with 12 dollars

Cid
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, the new director thing is a bit scary. Some scenes look really corny... meanwhile, the old director is making a very nice lookng Superman.

Oh well, I'll see em all.

Shoden
05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
It looks pretty cool, the 2nd movie sucked though but since Juggernaut is in it then it auto kicks ass.

KaakoriX
05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
ya ill prolly see it...............

might as well see all 3

i prolly wont see it at theater tho...just when it comes on PPV

~SapphireStar~
05-22-2006, 06:39 PM
YES YES OH YES!!! THATS IT!!! YES!!! YYYYYEEEEEES!!! OHHH YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!
Of course Im going to see it. I loved the other 2 and I love XMen. Im looking foward to seeing Beast. Pity Gambits not going to put in an apperance, but Phoenix :D Wish my mate Phil was alive to see it, he adored Phoenix.

Miriel
05-22-2006, 07:05 PM
I am sad that Singer didn't come back to direct the third one because I thought he did a fantastic job with the first two, especially with X2. I very much doubt that X3 is going to be as good as the third chapter and finale of this trilogy should be but I'll see it anyway.

Ian McKellen will be good no matter what and that's a comfort.

Roto13
05-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Proffessor X and Cyclops die, Mystique loses her powers.

udsuna
05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I think they need to let Rogue grow up a bit before pulling Gambit in. Those characters just aren't who they are together, without the sexual tension- and Gambit would not play well as teeny-bopper or craddle robber.

So, yeah, let Gambit in the next one. Besides- who are we possibly going to find in real life that is even half cool enough to portray him?

Roto13
05-22-2006, 07:30 PM
The ending of 3 leads me to believe that there won't be a 4.

Miriel
05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
There's already been numerous interviews and reports saying that there will be no X4. Not saying that there won't be future X-Men movies, just that these three movies were meant to be a Trilogy and this third movie is the conclusion of that trilogy. So even if there are more X-Men movies in the future it won't be part of this set of movies. It'd be a whole different franchise. Much like how with Lord of the Rings, there was always meant to be only 3, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a Hobbit movie in the future. It just won't be a part of the Trilogy.

LunarWeaver
05-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I read somewhere or another that what'shisface and Ratner are gonna do a Wolverine spin-off or something...and that would always be cool. I'm kinda ticked that Singer ditched out on number 3... Superman is sposed to go trilogy status if the first one makes lots of moolah, so hopefully Singer doesn't do 2 movies then decide he'd rather make an Aquaman movie instead... and no I have no links for proof of any of this. *lazy*

I'll see this just for Jean...coz I am in love with fictional characters like that *smitten*

Strider
05-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony as Juggernaut = win

Brett Ratner worries me, but you know I'll definitely be in line.

~SapphireStar~
05-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Ive wondered if there would be a Wolverine spin off. Looking at Logans past leading up to becoming a member of the XMen.

I dont like the fact that Vinnie Jones has been called in as Juggernaut. I dunno, it just seems to obivious to me. When I heard Juggernaut was going to put in an apperance, I did think of VJ.

DeathKnight
05-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Proffessor X and Cyclops die, Mystique loses her powers.

I knew that guy(whoever plays Wolverine) didn't like Cyclops at ALL. He made him a SHORTY-teenage looking character. Instead of the MILITARY-LIKE leader that he always was.

~SapphireStar~
05-22-2006, 07:53 PM
I knew that guy(whoever plays Wolverine) didn't like Cyclops at ALL. He made him a SHORTY-teenage looking character. Instead of the MILITARY-LIKE leader that he always was.
What? Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine, what does he have to do with how Cyclops is portrayed? Thats the director or writers choice.

Although I read Spike Lee was present for the last 2 films being made, so why he didnt step in and make Rogue younger, Cyclops tougher or involve Gambit I dont know. He must have liked what he seen.

Miriel
05-22-2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfpnAOfeyU

The clip made me laugh and laugh. But hopefully it's not an indication of how the rest of the movie will go or I might drown from the cheesiness of it all. :(

Strider
05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
OMFG

*love*

Ishin Ookami
05-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Actually, Im pretty much out of love with X-men these days and will likely wait until #3 hits DVD. The comics have gotten beyond stupid (Cyclops gettin it on with White Queen is beyond outrageous. How many times has magneto died by this point? Mystique trying to seduce gambit as a way to show to rouge he can't be trusted as a boyfriend? ) and the movies just didn't do that many characters justice. Halle Berry just didnt do storm any justice, Cyclops has been shafted and shat on, Jean has been developed fairly well, but the only characters that FEEL like they've been given any real justice is Magneto, Xavier, and of course, Wolverine.

So yah, X-men was once cool, but It seems as though not even Clairemont by this point can save what was once a gerat franchise. By this point If wolverine fought shingen again and asked "Am I worthy now?" Shingen would just say "no" and shut the door in his face.

Mr. Graves
05-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I will probably head to the theatre to watch it. I've seen the last two in the theatre and enjoyed them, so I can only hope it'll at least be just as good.

Tempest
05-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Some of my friends and I are all ready to see it when it comes out. Looks pretty good.

Shiny
05-22-2006, 10:52 PM
No. I might catch it when it comes on HBO in a year though. :D

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-22-2006, 10:55 PM
No. I might catch it when it comes on HBO in a year though. :D
Same ^^

LunarWeaver
05-22-2006, 10:59 PM
I'll wait for the DVD...and then pirate it. I can't stand going to the theatre, people piss me off far too much. *POPCORN GOOD CRUNCH CRUNCH*....or worse "*13 year old answers cell phone*Oh hey! No I'm not doing anything we can talk."

They ruined my X-men 1 experience *sniff*... I must have X-men 3 all to myself.

lovehurts
05-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Wow. that's horrible Ive been far more lucky with my movie theatre experiences wow. Im amazed. Im seeing it in theatres I usually have a fair time there. Im shocked to read your experiences. I feel for you there man....

Mirage
05-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Oh yes. It's this years cinematic highlight.

I Took the Red Pill
05-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Kelsey Grammar as Beast?

Hells yes I'll be going.

Roto13
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Oddly enough, my crappy local theater is actually getting it opening weekend, so I'll be seeing it then. Awesome!

~SapphireStar~
05-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Kelsey Grammar as Beast?

Hells yes I'll be going.
I know :D Isnt it heaven!?

Winter Nights
05-23-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm not as enthused as I was for the last one, but I'll be seeing it. Just to say I did.

Roto13
05-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Kelsey Grammar as Beast?

Hells yes I'll be going.
I know :D Isnt it heaven!?
I heard they just dyed him Blue. No need for a costume.

FallenAngel411
05-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Crossing my fingers and praying that it will be as awesome as 2. :D

Loony BoB
05-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Hopefully on Saturday. :)

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I just saw it today mwahahahaha!!! It went by fast

It was pretty good better than X1 on par on most parts with X2!

Its not perfect but it does more right than wrong i guess!

Pheonix= awesomeness, she flauted her power throughout the movie alright!

Alot left open for another sequel!

Oh and stay after the credits...:D

Markus. D
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
its not as good as the first two... should have kept the other director.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
The other director jumped ship to do superman returns though :S

Madame Adequate
05-25-2006, 03:47 PM
The other director jumped ship to do superman returns though :S

And that looks totally awesome, I might note.

Hopefully seeing X3 this evening, possibly tomorrow, depending on my friend Michael.

Edit: Just got back. Somewhat disappointed. What was there was good, but it was missing a couple of critical elements, and without them couldn't really be that great. And yes Miriel, the one-liners are as cheesy as that Juggernaut one.

I Took the Red Pill
05-26-2006, 07:25 AM
I just saw the midnight premiere here in the states. For all you who don't know, stick around after the credits for a secret extra little clip. Anyone else see that?

Faris
05-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Yes! Just not any time soon.
:D:D:D

Chris
05-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I have to see it. I've been waiting for three years now since the last movie came out. I'm very excited about this movie, and I can't wait to see Beast in action. Yeah, I'm definitely going to see this one! It can't be helped.

Kirobaito
05-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Just saw it. Best of the series. Shadowcat is hot.

Perducci
05-26-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm seeing it tommorrow.
Though as much as I like comic books, the movies dissapoint me. :(

Zeromus_X
05-26-2006, 11:34 PM
*gasp* Kitty's gonna be in it?! Yay!! Kitty!! :cat: :love:

Then it'll be a must see. :cat:

Mittopotahis
05-27-2006, 02:15 AM
It was a good movie, but the one thing I didn't like about it is too many people die. Xavier, Cyclops, Jean Grey (again), and Mystique and Magneto lose their powers. That is what I didn't like about it. But overall, it was a great movie :)

fire_of_avalon
05-27-2006, 03:07 AM
My sister saw it today and reported back to me post haste.

I will never, ever, ever see this movie. In my entire life. They take characters that have complex, and amazing morality and ethics and thought processes and they disregard them.

No nononononononono.

CloudDragon
05-27-2006, 07:27 AM
After seeing that extra clip after the credits, and the ending seen with Magneto, how could they NOT make a new one?

Xavier somehow survives, and Magneto supposedly still has power. The cure is probably just temporary

agrudis
05-27-2006, 02:16 PM
I saw it ... first X-Men movie I've seen

HybridFan
05-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh yes indeed, I can't wait to see Juggernaught in action.

agrudis
05-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Extra clip after the credits? i didnt stick around to see that, pm me pleas.

Loony BoB
05-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Just saw it with smitten & Shauna, was pretty good actually. A lot of things that happened I wasn't massively keen on, but it was a good movie overall.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-27-2006, 04:52 PM
wut wuz the last clip about? action? talking? wut?

Slothy
05-27-2006, 05:05 PM
wut wuz the last clip about? action? talking? wut?

It shows Moira McTaggert checking up on the guy with no mind. Then you hear Xavier say "Moira". He apparently managed to transfer his consciousness into the body just before he was killed by Jean.

Nick Schovitz
05-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh man that was fantastic, too bad what happened to mystique, I feel her though, Magneto dumped her and left her there just because she lost her powers. Now that part with Juggernaut busting through the walls and saying Bitch, oh yeah oh yeah and the ending with Magneto, looks like there will be a 4. What was the deal with the phoenix, I remember the phoenix being a holy symbol like in the cartoon, and at the end of X-2 it showed her as the flaming bird.
I'm frequently tired of all these people complaining about it, does anything make them happy!?

Raistlin
05-27-2006, 06:16 PM
"You know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

Best part of the movie. Me and three other ultra-nerds were the only people in the theater laughing (someone even clapped!).

FallenAngel411
05-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Near the end there were people in my theater giving standing ovations everytime one of the bad guys got their ass kicked. It was pretty funny. :laugh: Overall, the movie was awesome and I don't see where people are getting all this "not as good as I thought it would be" crap from. All the lukewarm reviews made me go into the theater with my shoulders hunched, expecting nothing but shallow special effects, and it ended up impressing me just as much as the second movie. I really don't get what people were expecting from this movie, but it did what it was supposed to do. And obviously, there will be more sequels at some point.

Kirobaito
05-27-2006, 07:44 PM
"You know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

Best part of the movie. Me and three other ultra-nerds were the only people in the theater laughing (someone even clapped!).
Yep. I clapped, and all 10 of the people in the theater (it was a noon showing) were laughing. We also laughed when Shadowcat called him a dickhead, but that's probably just cause she was hot.

Strider
05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
I say it was pretty good, but one can't help but wonder how much better it would've been in Bryan Singer had stayed on to direct.

Miriel
05-27-2006, 07:55 PM
The movie sucked. Like, really. =/

Nick Schovitz
05-27-2006, 07:57 PM
The movie sucked. Like, really. =/
She's not an X-men fan.

Perducci
05-27-2006, 08:17 PM

What about the whole Magneto still having some kind of power, even after being injected with the cure. Though i'm not sure if Professor X and Cyclops are dead, we never got to see their bodies. Maybe they got transported somewhere, or something. I don't know.
Also, Angels role in 3 was pretty pointless. He saves his dad from falling, and that's about it really.
I think they could easily make at least another trilogy, I mean, stuff like this happens in the comic books all the time. They always find something to explain it all.

EDIT: I just remembered, Xavier was talking about transfering peoples minds into other bodies when he was teaching the class, which i'm guessing they will do if they make a fourth movie.

Also, did anyone else thing Archlight looked like Prince?
I was expecting her to start singing Purple Rain.

Nick Schovitz
05-27-2006, 08:22 PM

What about the whole Magneto still having some kind of power, even after being injected with the cure. Though i'm not sure if Professor X and Cyclops are dead, we never got to see their bodies. Maybe they got transported somewhere, or something. I don't know.
Also, Angels role in 3 was pretty pointless. He saves his dad from falling, and that's about it really.
I think they could easily make at least another trilogy, I mean, stuff like this happens in the comic books all the time. They always find something to explain it all.

Also, did anyone else thing Archlight looked like Prince?
I was expecting her to start singing Purple Rain.
Archlight was a girl!? I thought that thing wasn't even human, can't be a womn and have no breasts, as for Professor X did you see the secret ending after the credits? X-men shall live forever.

Perducci
05-27-2006, 08:24 PM
No, I only found out about the clip after the credits when someone came out after us talking about it. :(

Nick Schovitz
05-27-2006, 08:29 PM
I didn't realize what it meant at first until someone posted it here, and what about the phoenix I'm not sure if the cartoon is based soley off the comics, but in the cartoon the phoenix was known as a divine symbol, remember when they were in outer space?

Perducci
05-27-2006, 09:26 PM
In the cartoons the pheonix took over Jean Greys body, instead of the power being inside her all the time. Or something.

BatChao
05-28-2006, 02:08 AM
I think in the comics, Jean was posessed by the Phoenix Force, which might have come from space... I'm not quite sure. But obviously, they aren't going to throw in some space anomoly into the movie versions, so they found a way around it, which is similar to what was going on in Ultimate X-men.

The extra scene at the end of the credits had Moira enter the room of that comatose guy Xavier was talking about in the beginning of the movie, and he mutters in Xavier's voice "Moira..." or something like that and she looks at him all wide eyed and says "Charles...?" and it ends. Basically it's a safety net in case a sequel were to be made. It kinda cheapens Xavier's death, though...

Ishin Ookami
05-28-2006, 04:15 AM
I just saw it and I must say I am impressed. Kelsey Grammer owned all as beast, he had some of the best lines. "Aw, You'll get the point!" And I dunno WHAT this new director went and said to halle Berry but DAMN she made a total turnaround in this film. For the past two films she's been pathetic. In this film she was absoloutely badarse. I was laughing my ass off when she threw that one mutant against the fence using the hurricaine force for added oomph, after whupping her arse, and then going all emperor palpatine with the lightning bolts and frying her like a bucket of KFC. Moral of Last stand kids is DO NOT F*** WITH STORM!

By the way, can anyone tell me who was that Mutant that storm was fighting with? I thought it was Callisto, but I dont think Callisto had super speed or the power to detect other mutants.

Oh yah, and Arclite is one of the marauders, their leader actually. a mutant attack squad formed by Mr. Sinister. If one of the marauders dies, he just clones them again and makes them more powerful.

But yah, I was surprised, it was really good and a huge improvement over the first two films. Fastball special rules and wolverine was still cool but not the focus of this film. I thought this new guy totally owned Bryan Singer in every way. Maybe this new director is a mutant with the power not to overuse wolverine and not to make sucky movies.

But Cyclops death still sucked though. Considering how shafted he was in the first two films, I guess you can look at this as a mercy killing. But doesn't exactly help his coolness factor that his woman kills him and goes to get it on with wolverine. It's the claws right? Chicks dig the claws.

Bring on X-4!

Excelsior!

Roto13
05-28-2006, 04:35 AM
I hated Cyclops in the first two movies, and I was thrilled that he died at the very beginning. The reason I don't think they'll make a 4th one is because there are only, like, two X-Men left.

Perducci
05-28-2006, 06:27 AM
I hated Cyclops in the first two movies, and I was thrilled that he died at the very beginning. The reason I don't think they'll make a 4th one is because there are only, like, two X-Men left.

Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat are the only X-men left. Though I think they'd actually do something with Angel if a sequal was made, and turn him into an X-man. Considering he didn't really do much in the film.

CloudDragon
05-28-2006, 07:36 AM
They might be the only X-Men, but not the only mutants. The cure is only temporary, or they could make it that way leaving room open for another one.

Malboro_Menace
05-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Man what is up with that Spoiler function? It's pissing me off.

I want to see it. I didn't mind X-2 but I prefered X. I'm not a big fan of X-Men I just like movies.

eestlinc
05-28-2006, 08:23 AM
if you didn't like the movie you just have expectations that are way too high.

escobert
05-28-2006, 08:26 AM
I didn't mind the other two, I wont go out of my way to see it tho.

Calliope
05-28-2006, 08:45 AM
I'll have to watch the other two again, and dig around a find a copy of Generation X.

I'm not usually one to cry at the pictures, but this film had me tearful within the first five minutes. Stupid Warren Worthington II! There are, however, circular movements. The jilted Raven could still pursue a career as an already trained assassin, while Erik simply stares at his chessboard and feeds crumbs to the pigeons. Rogue made the right choice because she hadn't absorbed Ms Marvel's powers and so had no redeeming features to her mutation whatsoever. Also: Get a haircut. WHY DIDN'T CHARLES SAY HELLO TO HIS STEPBROTHER OH WAIT HE WAS DYING FOR NO REASON. I was expecting sentinels, llandra and Nightcrawler and instead I got some wide eyed boy who cured all mutants except for jean when he was standing right in front of her for some reason! Bonus points for bringing in Colossus, but minus points for once again neglecting Gambit although I guess that would be redundant seeing as Rogue (chibirogue?) is only sixteen or something. Flashbacks are suave because Erik and Charles are fantastic.

eestlinc
05-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Erik is so gay for Charles. I love it.

Miriel
05-28-2006, 09:42 AM
I liked the first X-Men movie, loved the second one, had pretty mild expectations for this movie since changing directors can't be a good thing, and I still say the movie sucked.

Not in terms of the acting or anything like that, but dude, they killed everyone off! Wtf was that about? What happened to nightcrawler? Why was rogue only in like 10 minutes of the movie? Why was the Angel guy only like in 6 minutes of the movie? Why were there only like 5 X-men at the end? What happened to the President from the 2nd movie? How could they kill off so many people and not make a big deal out of it? Oh, scott is dead, alrighty moving on. Isn't Scott like the MAIN X-men dude? The leader and all that good stuff? Why was there absolutely no redemption for Jean? She's super evil now and her end only comes with her death? Uh. Lame.

So so sooo lame.

PS. If I were a fan of the comics, I would probably be pretty upset with this piss poor movie.

P.P.S. Ian McKellen is god.

Yooniece
05-28-2006, 09:50 AM
There's a good possibility that they'll do a Woverine spinoff movie.

I liked that this one was on the darker side. I don't like it when protagonists win completely.

Drift
05-28-2006, 10:34 AM
"do you know who i am? i'm teh jugganaut biatch!"

Marshall Banana
05-28-2006, 03:56 PM
I still think they should've had Jean/The Phoenix destroy an entire city or something. She was kind of lame, except when she was killing off Cyclops and Prof. Xavier. Also, Rogue might as well have been excluded from the movie. I was expecting she might do something important at the end, since the rest of the time she does basically nothing, but nooo.

Aside from those complaints, though, I really enjoyed the movie.

Mo-Nercy
05-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Heh. Juggernaut got owned pretty bad. xD

One thing I noticed when Logan was walking up toward Jean in the midst of all her psycho-destruction was that his shirt, skin and flesh was disintegrating yet his pants remain intact the whole time. Jean must've have preferred to keep his pants on for whatever reason. ^^

Other than that, the whole movie seemed like an excuse to show off pretty CGI.

Nick Schovitz
05-28-2006, 06:37 PM

Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat are the only X-men left. Though I think they'd actually do something with Angel if a sequal was made, and turn him into an X-man. Considering he didn't really do much in the film.
Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn

Nick Schovitz
05-28-2006, 06:42 PM

Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn

what happened to nightcrawler

PS. If I were a fan of the comics, I would probably be pretty upset with this piss poor movie.

P.P.S. Ian McKellen is god.

Everyone knows what happened to him, play X III the game.
and I am a fan I enjoyed it, what's your deal, nothing makes you happy?

hollieholliehollie
05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I wanna c XMen 3 it looks gud has any1 seen it? Is it any gud?

Madame Adequate
05-28-2006, 09:39 PM
It's like Miriel is the only one with any ability to look at things critically here.

On its on, X3 was worth seeing. Next to the other two X-men movies it was a HUGE disappointment. They took all the important moral and philosophical stuff and threw it away. Sure, that left some kickass action scenes, but those alone make a fun movie, not a good movie.

Ok, so the whole stuff about a cure. Well, there was absolutely no sense of threat at all. There should have been more near the beginning about it, more discussion from Prof X. about the implications of it, and more reason for Magneto to get uppity. As it was, it felt like Magneto was being uppity over nothing noteworthy. Yes, I know why from inferences and some knowledge of the comics, but there wasn't enough in the movie to indicate it. Then they tried to make Phoenix the threat, but she just didn't feel like one. She killed Scott and Prof X (At least to our knowledge until the end.), and... made some stuff float... and... did not feel anything like the superweapon she's meant to be.

Two: Again with Magneto - isn't he supposed to be one of the most intelligent people living? Second only to Prof X, Beast, and a couple of others? So why in the hell was he so stupid? "WHAT HAVE I DONE ONOES?!" when he's had his best friend, and someone he respects immensely, killed by Phoenix, he's had the cure pointed at him by her, and he's generally far too clever to ever let anyone that unstable have more power than he does anyway?

Completely gratifying from the visceral perspective. The special effects were awesome. Completely not awesome in terms of narrative.

NeoCracker
05-28-2006, 09:55 PM
I was dissapointed. They tryed to fit to many mutants into too small a time. Juggernaught didn't even do anything worthwhile.
He threw Wolvarine around like a rag doll and hit a wall knocking himself out.
I thought he was awsome, but very dissapointed.

Perducci
05-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Spoiler: Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn

Jubilee made a cameo on the second film, but I think they cut that part out and stuck it in the extras on the DVD. And it was 'Kid Omega' in the film, not spike.

Spoiler: He threw Wolvarine around like a rag doll and hit a wall knocking himself out.

When he knocked himself out it was because he had been depowered since he got close to Leech, and without his power he couldn't take the force of himself slamming into the wall. etc.

Breine
05-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I just saw it last night and as a trusty fan of the two other X-men movies I was quite disappointed. I mean, it was not bad, but it could have been so much better.

Things I did not like about it was the amount of characters in it. There were just too damn many, and with a run time on 100 minutes there was not enough time for all of the characters. (The following will be spoiler marked 'cause... well, ya know..) I know that the Jean Grey/Phoenix storyline had to fill a lot, but in my opinion there could've been more because she was just too cool for school :cool: . Also Mystique (probably my favourite of the bunch) lost her powers after a very short time, and after having been such a big character in the two other movies this was a very lousy way to get rid of her... and for what reason? Besides, we did not get some back story about how the police had caught her, she was just caught... pretty lame. Cyclops was also killed off very fast, and Rogue played almost no role at all... I mean, WTF!? Angel was also brought in, but had absolutely no purpose whatsoever in the movie... so why his backstory in the beginning of the film? Charles Xavier's death didn't serve any purpose either, except for a very, very cool action scene, and finally Magneto and Rogue losing their powers was just as upsetting as Mystique losing hers...sigh. - Storm becomming the new leader was just too much... I know she's a powerful mutant, but the character is just too boring.
The major problem was, as said, too many characters and way too little character insight and development, which was the things I liked very much in the two first ones. I know that the action has become better (e.g. the bridge scene and whenever Jean shows off her powers), but putting the characters in the background was a stupid decision, but giving Shadowcat a somewhat bigger role and bringing in The Beast was quite a nice idea.
All in all I was disappointed - Bryan Singer should not have left to do the stupid Superman movie...:mad:

Perducci
05-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I was just thinking, the makers might actually have an idea of what they could do in the next film if they made it, since Xavier transfering his mind into another body could lead into some kind of Onslaught-esque bad guy.

Raistlin
05-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Ok, so the whole stuff about a cure. Well, there was absolutely no sense of threat at all. There should have been more near the beginning about it, more discussion from Prof X. about the implications of it, and more reason for Magneto to get uppity. As it was, it felt like Magneto was being uppity over nothing noteworthy. Yes, I know why from inferences and some knowledge of the comics, but there wasn't enough in the movie to indicate it.
They were afraid the "cure" would become mandatory - which was stated directly in the movie. And they resented the fact that it was called a "cure" in the first place.

Then they tried to make Phoenix the threat, but she just didn't feel like one. She killed Scott and Prof X (At least to our knowledge until the end.), and... made some stuff float... and... did not feel anything like the superweapon she's meant to be.
What? I'm really shocked you didn't understand that part - she wasn't going to go on a murderous rampage, for two possible reasons: 1, Jeane was still inside of her, 2, Phoenix was just not going to bother doing anything until she needed to. Well, actually, three reasons: 3, saving her for last. Artistic license.

Two: Again with Magneto - isn't he supposed to be one of the most intelligent people living? Second only to Prof X, Beast, and a couple of others? So why in the hell was he so stupid? "WHAT HAVE I DONE ONOES?!" when he's had his best friend, and someone he respects immensely, killed by Phoenix, he's had the cure pointed at him by her, and he's generally far too clever to ever let anyone that unstable have more power than he does anyway?
What was he supposed to do? Kill Phoenix? And you should know Magneto: while he likes and respects Xavier, Magneto would've killed him himself if he had to. He took a chance with Phoenix because he needed her help to destroy the cure. Just like Xavier originally took a chance in even allowing her to live with his mental blocks in place.

The only complaint I have is that Scott's death didn't seem to mean anything. Also, it's pretty presumptuous to imply that if you actually liked the movie, you're not "thinking critically."

Madame Adequate
05-29-2006, 08:25 PM
They were afraid the "cure" would become mandatory - which was stated directly in the movie. And they resented the fact that it was called a "cure" in the first place.

Those are true, but that doesn't mean they acted in any way which generates sympathy. Warren Worthington II wasn't some evil bad dude like William Stryker, who managed to be evil, and intimidating, and actually generated some sympathy. In III it felt like people were being whiny. This does not endear me to them or make me care for their cause. And that's just the thing - you're supposed to see that there is more than one side to the issue; Xavier wants peaceful co-existence, Magneto wants mutants to be dominant and to protect mutants, Humans fall into many different camps. But that wasn't what we got, we got clearcut X-men good, Brotherhood of Mutants/Acolytes/Whoever irrationally bad, Humans caught in the middle just trying to survive.

The only complaint I have is that Scott's death didn't seem to mean anything. Also, it's pretty presumptuous to imply that if you actually liked the movie, you're not "thinking critically."

A critical look at the movie will see far too many gaps that have to be filled in by the viewer. That can work, but in this case it didn't. As I've said, the action was exemplary, every single set piece was well conceived and well executed. The story was just a vehicle to get us from one set piece to the next, which is fine (Alien Vs. Predator, for example, isn't close to what anyone would consider a good movie, but it's still pretty fun.), but not what makes a really good movie. Also compare to the first two.

Storm becomming the new leader was just too much... I know she's a powerful mutant, but the character is just too boring.

Actually, that's the fault of the first two movies. Storm isn't just a very powerful mutant, she is very high ranking in the X-Men/Xavier Institute and as a character deserved a lot more than she got in the first two movies. In fact, Halle Berry demanded Storm have a part more in line with the comics for, or she wasn't going to do the third movie.

Shoden
05-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Geez, that was fun. Juggernaut rocked. Shadowcat was hot. Yeah mesa like!

Miriel
05-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Alrighty, since I my last post was typed super fast right before I went to sleep, I'll repost my thoughts about the movie a little more intelligently.

First of all, I think the movie had a really great premise to work off of. The idea of a cure for mutents is a pretty interesting one and a plot that could have been really great and intelligent and emotional and all that good stuff. And I liked the whole dual personality thing that Jean had going on.

But niether one of those two storylines ever got developed properly and what could have been really great was turned into a cheap, shallow, summer flick with very little substance.

There were too many new characters and NONE of them were developed properly. Angel is in what, 3 scenes in the whole movie? And the Kitty/Bobby/Rogue triangle was horrific. They have a love triangle but then kinda not really, and in the end, there's just hand holding between Bobby and Rogue? It was just so haphazardly done. Like they threw in this weak little sub-plot just for fun.

Then you have very important people from the first two movies barely present in this third movie.

The fact that they just killed off Scott like it was nothing pissed me off. He's the main X-Men. And then he dies cause Jean kisses him and goes nuts. Ooook....

Then they kill off freakin' Xavier. That's insane! It felt like the writers or whatever had absolutely no respect for these characters.

Everything just felt wrong and unncessary. The golden gate bridge part in the movie? Totally cheesy and didn't really make much sense.

Everything was rushed. The script was lazy and sometimes incoherent. And none of the action scenes was innovative or had the "wow" factor except for the one moment when Ice Man turned into solid ice. Everything else was same ol' same ol'.

And the worst part of it?

The freakin' dialogue.

"A Good Defense is a Good Offense" - Wolverine,
"God help us all" - Guy in the control room,
"What have we Done" - Guy in the Control room,
"He's (juggernaut) coming for the boy" - XMen member
"Not if I can get there first" - Kitty (Repliy)

Are you kidding me with this stuff?

So basically, in comparison to the first two X-Men movies (the 2nd one which is my favorite comic book movie) this movie sucked.

If I went into this having not watched the first two movies, I would have been mildly entertained and still wouldn't have seen this as anything more than a summer popcorn flick akin to Da Vinci Code or Bad Boys II.

All flashy lights and no substance.

Raistlin
05-29-2006, 11:57 PM
A critical look at the movie will see far too many gaps that have to be filled in by the viewer. That can work, but in this case it didn't.
What's "too many" gaps or not is a different matter for each viewer. My main complaint was that they tried to cram way too much into one final movie, but otherwise it was enjoyable to watch. Warren Worthington wasn't a big bad guy because he wasn't the main bad guy, duh - that was Magneto, in this one.

Actually, that's the fault of the first two movies. Storm isn't just a very powerful mutant, she is very high ranking in the X-Men/Xavier Institute and as a character deserved a lot more than she got in the first two movies.
I agree completely.

There were too many new characters and NONE of them were developed properly.
That was my biggest complaint - too much in one movie, each part not getting enough justice. Angel was all-but pointless; he could've been completely taken out of the movie, and nothing would've changed.

Then you have very important people from the first two movies barely present in this third movie.
How is that a bad thing, in and of itself?

The fact that they just killed off Scott like it was nothing pissed me off. He's the main X-Men. And then he dies cause Jean kisses him and goes nuts. Ooook....
Yep. Scott's death didn't seem to mean much at all. Xavier's did, though, so that wasn't bad. Whether you agreed with Xavier getting killed off shouldn't affect the quality of the movie.

Everything just felt wrong and unncessary. The golden gate bridge part in the movie? Totally cheesy and didn't really make much sense.
How else was he going to get hundreds of mutants across the water? And Magneto has always been very dramatic - that seems pretty in-character to me.

Everything was rushed
Yep.

And none of the action scenes was innovative or had the "wow" factor except for the one moment when Ice Man turned into solid ice. Everything else was same ol' same ol'.
... what were you expecting? What would've been better? What else could there have been?

The movie had plenty of nerdy comic book stuff to keep me entertained. Juggernaut in and of himself made the movie worth seeing. I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

NeoCracker
05-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Spoiler: Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn

Jubilee made a cameo on the second film, but I think they cut that part out and stuck it in the extras on the DVD. And it was 'Kid Omega' in the film, not spike.

Spoiler: He threw Wolvarine around like a rag doll and hit a wall knocking himself out.

When he knocked himself out it was because he had been depowered since he got close to Leech, and without his power he couldn't take the force of himself slamming into the wall. etc.

I know thats why, its just that that was all he did. I remember when they released him it appeared as though Juggernaught was going to be this huge villian of massive proportions, and he knocks himself out.

Del Murder
05-30-2006, 05:50 AM
I agree with everyting Miriel said, except that I thought Bad Boys II was brilliant.

I am very surprised to see that many X-Men fans here liked the movie. To me it felt wrong and I didn't like it.

Germ Hamee
05-30-2006, 07:27 AM
That was one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in a long, long time. The movie was over the top, took itself too seriously, and completely ignored the charactors that made the first two movies. The comic relief did little more than ruin what could be good action sequences. It was cheesey. It was rushed. The booming soundtrack of DRAMA! was driving me up the wall.

I didn't like it at all. It had the X-Men, but it didn't feel like X-Men at all. I would give it a maybe decent fan fiction at best. The only thing it had going for it was the visuals.

Overall? I'm going to forget this movie even exists.

Skyblade
05-30-2006, 05:19 PM
First of all, I think the movie had a really great premise to work off of. The idea of a cure for mutents is a pretty interesting one and a plot that could have been really great and intelligent and emotional and all that good stuff. And I liked the whole dual personality thing that Jean had going on.

But niether one of those two storylines ever got developed properly and what could have been really great was turned into a cheap, shallow, summer flick with very little substance.

Agreed. Those plots had quite a bit of potential, but they both failed in their execution. While the Phoenix story had been set up from the first two movies, I think that the Cure idea made for the better plot. However, neither one of those stories was delivered well. It seemed to me that it would have been much better off as two movies. The Phoenix story and the Cure story needed no overlap, and the overlap they had felt unnatural. They should have done the Cure story this movie (since it was the better put together of the two plots), and left the Phoenix story for another movie.

There were too many new characters and NONE of them were developed properly. Angel is in what, 3 scenes in the whole movie? And the Kitty/Bobby/Rogue triangle was horrific. They have a love triangle but then kinda not really, and in the end, there's just hand holding between Bobby and Rogue? It was just so haphazardly done. Like they threw in this weak little sub-plot just for fun.

Four scenes. Hacking at the wings, getting the Cure, asking about the school, and rescuing his dad. However, I agree that he was so undeveloped as to be totally superfluous to the movie. The first scene, with him cutting at his wings, was so moving. But then they really went nowhere with it.

As for the love triangle thing: you're right, it was poorly done. What's more, I think it cheapened Rogue's feelings. Rogue's power is one of the worst and most traumatic of all the X-Men. She is incapable of physical contact with other human beings, and that is a terrible curse. But they just turned it into a jealousy thing and totally ruined a lot of the emotional impact of it.

The senator is dead, as is Striker. Nightcrawler wasn't there, for some odd reason. Can't think of anyone else who wasn't there but who should have been.

Well, Cyclops was never one of my favorites anyway (in either the comic books or the movies). However, I think they should have left him out of the movie for the majority of it, and they should have just focused on the Cure story. Then, at the end, they could have him find Jean, and set up the Phoenix story for a fourth movie.

Then they kill off freakin' Xavier. That's insane! It felt like the writers or whatever had absolutely no respect for these characters.

That was a terrible move, IMHO. It reminded me somewhat of Serenity, when Wash got killed. They killed him for no real reason. And, while Professor X might not be required to make more X-Men movies, it will be much more difficult making them without him. Which, considering that the series had the potential for so much more (Arch-Angel, the Morlocks , the Sentinals [they only show up in a Danger Room program?], Rogue going nuts because of the psyches of everyone she absorbed running amok in her head...), it is rather disappointing. Even if some of the actors would be getting too old to play their parts if the movies went on, there are plenty more X-Men left (and I wanted to see Gambit).

Everything was rushed. The script was lazy and sometimes incoherent. And none of the action scenes was innovative or had the "wow" factor except for the one moment when Ice Man turned into solid ice. Everything else was same ol' same ol'.

And the worst part of it?

The freakin' dialogue.

"A Good Defense is a Good Offense" - Wolverine,
"God help us all" - Guy in the control room,
"What have we Done" - Guy in the Control room,
"He's (juggernaut) coming for the boy" - XMen member
"Not if I can get there first" - Kitty (Repliy)

Are you kidding me with this stuff?

I didn't mind those issues as much. There was enough good stuff to counteract those negatives, IMHO.

But the movie could have done so much more. We needed to take the President's viewpoint further. He was the only one in the government who seemed to wonder if what they were doing with the Cure was morally correct, and we needed a bit more of that. Instead we basically had the idea that "the Cure is evil, and those who are making it are evil" shoved down our throats. When it isn't nearly that simple. The Cure had many different potential ways of being used. It could be used as a weapon, as we saw, and that has serious moral implications to consider. It is taking away something which is an integral part of a person. In some ways, it could be considered worse than a police officer shooting to kill. But what of the mutants who [i]want the Cure? Quite frankly, I think Storm needed to be smacked, especially after the way she treated Rogue. You don't have a problem with your power. You can turn it off, control it, and live a normal life if you wanted to. Not everyone else is that lucky, girl. Unfortunately, Hank McCoy was far too diplomatic in how he pointed that out. Rogue was totally incapable of human contact, and that is a terrible thing for a person. Who the hell did Storm think she was, to so casually declare that there was nothing wrong with Rogue?

I thought of Leech as soon as I heard about the Cure, since he was the only mutant I knew of who had the power to suppress other mutant's powers. But Leech's power was temporary, affecting only the area around him (though his range was much larger in the comic books. Perhaps it will develop with as he ages, and perhaps he will lose his human shape and become the little green creature he was in the comic books as time goes on). I doubted from the beginning the validity of the "permanent" power suppression because of that knowledge, so I really wasn't that surprised when Magneto started to get his ability back. I just hope that Rogue doesn't get hers back at an inopportune time (such as when her and Bobby are "dancing" [to use a Doctor Who euphemism]). Of course, Leech is now in the school, so I suppose that he could damp out Rogue's power. But somehow, I don't think the idea of going "could you come over here? I'm trying to sleep with my boyfriend" would work too well, especially since Leech is just a little kid at this point...

Anyway, my final analysis is that while it was a decent movie, it was nowhere near as good as it could have been.

Roto13
05-30-2006, 06:11 PM
To all of you people complaining about Xavier's Death:

Did you stay past the ending credits?

Miriel
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
To all of you people complaining about Xavier's Death:

Did you stay past the ending credits?
Yes I did. And that was just a bone that was thrown to the fans.

And honestly, what kind of incredible cop-out is that? For a good majority of the movie, you have people dealing with the death of Xavier. Then after the credits, they attach a scene that isn't part of the movie at all just to appease the fans who might have been angry. I think it just shows that even the writers/directors/producers knew that they faltered with that move and needed to do something to try and fix things a little bit. Cause honestly, it amounts to little more than something like a DVD deleted scene.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
I liked this movie a lot. Sup guys?
Warren Worthington II wasn't some evil bad dude like William Stryker, who managed to be evil, and intimidating, and actually generated some sympathy.The fact that Worthington actually thought he was being compassionate made him that much more dangerous, the way I saw it.
And that's just the thing - you're supposed to see that there is more than one side to the issue; Xavier wants peaceful co-existence, Magneto wants mutants to be dominant and to protect mutants, Humans fall into many different camps. But that wasn't what we got, we got clearcut X-men good, Brotherhood of Mutants/Acolytes/Whoever irrationally bad, Humans caught in the middle just trying to survive.It seemed as subjective as it had been in the past films to me. I personally was rooting for the Brotherhood right up until the end.
Angel is in what, 3 scenes in the whole movie?Angel's inclusion, meager as it is, is worthwhile for the novelty of seeing Ben Foster in a role that isn't <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Forward_%28TV_series%29">an awkward junior high kid</a>.
And the Kitty/Bobby/Rogue triangle was horrific. They have a love triangle but then kinda not really, and in the end, there's just hand holding between Bobby and Rogue? It was just so haphazardly done. Like they threw in this weak little sub-plot just for fun.I find teenage love triangles unbearable whether or not they're "well-done," so I'd rather they get through that stuff as quickly as possible the way they did instead of drag it out in the name of proper character development.

Then they kill off freakin' Xavier. That's insane! It felt like the writers or whatever had absolutely no respect for these characters.When you get to the final suprapocalyptic climax of a series, it's okay to kill off some beloved characters--which in this case was more like one beloved character and one guy most people wanted to see get disintegrated anyway. And Xavier comes back anyway in proper comic book fashion.
Everything just felt wrong and unncessary. The golden gate bridge part in the movie? Totally cheesy and didn't really make much sense.It was a show of the Brotherhood's might to the suits in Washington and the soldiers they were about to fight. Intimidation, the mental factor, etc.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Everything just felt wrong and unncessary. The golden gate bridge part in the movie? Totally cheesy and didn't really make much sense.It was a show of the Brotherhood's might to the suits in Washington and the soldiers they were about to fight. Intimidation, the mental factor, etc.
Naw, that was pure cheese. That entire scene I kept thinking "Well this is totally unnecessary." A boat would have sufficed, I think.

It was entertaining, at least. But the movie as a whole was just blah. I wasn't inpressed at all. I'm not going to re-iterate the points already made as I agree with most of them.

I liked how six X-Men took on an entire army of mutants who's powers were apparently the super amazing ability to run and swing fists. I mean seriously. Not one of them had lasers or flying chicken powers to throw at Wolverine?

I dunno. I was pretty let-down by it all.

Cid
05-30-2006, 11:17 PM
I liked how six X-Men took on an entire army of mutants who's powers were apparently the super amazing ability to run and swing fists. I mean seriously. Not one of them had lasers or flying chicken powers to throw at Wolverine?

I dunno. I was pretty let-down by it all.

My thoughts exactly.

Winter Nights
05-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I just felt that the movie had several great plots start just to never go anywhere. It was a decent action flick, I felt. But, it would have been much better in more capable hands. A longer running time would have helped too. X2 was over 2 hours. 30 more minutes could have been included to X3 just for the sake of some actual character development.

And no.. Having Rogue say "I did it for me." is not character development.

Madame Adequate
05-31-2006, 03:29 AM
The fact that Worthington actually thought he was being compassionate made him that much more dangerous, the way I saw it.

But... look at Rogue. There is compassion there. A lot of mutants probably wanted a cure for no reason other than to fit on, which isn't something I'd agree with (But it IS their choice), but some mutants need it just to stand a chance at living a normal life. Rogue's a particularly strong example, but even Scott has a lot to worry about, if his glasses crack or fall off, he could laser someone he dearly cares about. Magneto, in turn, didn't generate much sympathy because he thought the exact same way Storm did, which is well summed up by Skyblade.

That was a terrible move, IMHO. It reminded me somewhat of Serenity, when Wash got killed. They killed him for no real reason.

I hate that Wash died, I really, really hate it, but I don't think it was a bad decision. In fact given the context, it worked. I was surprised when as many of them were alive at the end as were alive. I don't have a particular problem with Prof. X dying, either, as cool as he is. Also now we might see Onslaught, which would pwn.

Did anyone else think the cure had parallels with the Legacy virus? It would be pretty cool if that showed up later.

Raistlin
05-31-2006, 03:43 AM
But... look at Rogue. There is compassion there.
No there isn't. There's pity, there's distaste, there's ignorance. He viewed mutants as inferior freaks that needed to be corrected. Compassion comes from motives - not the results. The "cure" in and of itself is not compassionate or hateful, it just exists.

Del Murder
05-31-2006, 04:01 AM
My brother thinks the next movie will be about Bishop travelling back in time to fix all the crap that happened in this movie.

Beast was the best part about this movie. Kelsey Grammar was the perfect choice.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-31-2006, 05:04 AM
He had some pretty cheese lines though.
Particularly that "Oh you get the point!" one. I cringed.

But yeah, otherwise, he's pretty much the only person who could play Beast.

Del Murder
05-31-2006, 05:06 AM
Well the dialogue wasn't his fault. He did the best he could with it. I would have liked to hear just one 'fascinating', though.

eestlinc
05-31-2006, 05:06 AM
yea, Beast had some horrible lines. But then again, comic books tend to have campy dialogue so it fits.

NeoCracker
05-31-2006, 01:56 PM
He had some pretty cheese lines though.
Particularly that "Oh you get the point!" one. I cringed.

But yeah, otherwise, he's pretty much the only person who could play Beast.
Hey man, I liked that line :mad2:

Perducci
05-31-2006, 04:10 PM
By the way, can anyone tell me who was that Mutant that storm was fighting with? I thought it was Callisto, but I dont think Callisto had super speed or the power to detect other mutants.

It's Callisto, but they just gave her different powers, because they didn't want to include other characters in the movie just so that people could see how their powers worked, or something.

Miriel
06-01-2006, 04:29 AM
A few tidbits for y'all to chew over from Superherohype.com:

I didn't know if you were interested but I can confirm that Ian McKellen will be playing Magneto in the prequel. I was told this by John Bruno at a screening of X3. The company who worked on X3 to deage them is also going to be doing the Mags prequel. According to John, Ian is really excited.

I was lucky enough to spend nearly 2 hrs alone with him asking all sorts of stuff... by the way Silver Surfer is also in FF2.

And:

$196 Million Worldwide, But Still No X4 Plans?
Avi Arad tells Variety that they are going to move forward with the two spin-off movies instead of X-Men 4:

A big second frame decline is thus likely. But with nearly $200 million in domestic grosses by next weekend a virtual lock, Fox execs won't be shedding too many tears.

More likely, they'll be talking to their partners at Marvel about the next step for the franchise, since "Last Stand" was supposed to be the final film in a trilogy.

"The first reaction, which we should discard, is here comes 'X-Men 4,'" said Marvel Studios topper Avi Arad. "We're working on 'Wolverine,' which is definitely a continuation, and we have a very interesting script about a young Magneto."

Also as for the reason why Gambit wasn't in this last movie, apparently they offered the role to Josh Holloway (Sawyer on Lost) and he turned it down. And they never offered it to anyone else in case he reconsidered.

Del Murder
06-01-2006, 04:37 AM
It would have been funny to hear Sawyer with a Cajun accent.

Big D
06-02-2006, 04:59 AM
...And Nightcrawler didn't return because Alan Cumming didn't like the arduous make-up process. Pity, though - great character and well played.

I saw X-3 last night... overall, not bad. A good rounding-off to the series. Disappointments, though. The pace and structure felt rather choppy and uncertain, with rapid changes as to what was actually central to the plot.

Phoenix was a significant let-down, though. From what others had told me (about the comics and TV shows) I was hoping for a truly unchained, unstoppable force - something elemental, neither good nor evil, but potentially a creator and destroyer of unimaginable power. It would've made a nice contrast to the 'cure' aspect of the plot - you'd have a mutant powerful enough to unmake the world, with the opposing idea of a simple injection that can eliminate everything that makes the mutants who they are. The movie didn't really have an 'epic' feel to it like that. Also a shame that the Professor had to be killed off... in the previous two movies, they've had to use some plot contrivance to incapacitate him, since he's so powerful. However, with the introduction of Phoenix, they should've been able to keep him in the story - since there was finally something he couldn't overcome (I saw the post-credits bit, by the way).

Nice story and nice ideas, just a bit of a jumble. That's to be expected when they're trying to hurriedly tie up all their loose plot ends while simultaneously having a whole new storyline on the go.

More emphasis on a smaller number of mutants would perhaps have given the characters the attention they deserve...

Still, the movie was fun and had some quality moments. Good performances (Xavier, Lensherr, Angel, Beast, Juggernaut, others), too. Can't go wrong with Vinnie Jones when you need an unhinged thug character. Kelsey Grammar was a great choice, too, even if I was slightly reminded of the greatness that is Gary the Rat a few times. Unlike most people, I always liked Cyclops' character in the movies... he was just under-used and not given enough chances to shine, I thought.

Did anyone else think that Storm looked really emaciated in this film? Ms Berry could use a few pies, imho.

Best line: "Grow those back!" ~ Wolverine.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Ms Berry could use a few acting classes, I think.

Calliope
06-02-2006, 09:22 AM
It's clear that the government hasn't thought this through at all. Their media campaign is nonexistent - surely they could put a better spin on things than "we have the cure, because clearly you are diseased!".

With such a volatile issue, could they have not housed the vaccine/whatever in a safer environment where the already nervous patrons don't have to be shouted at? Or is this supposed to make people think of abortion in the United States?

Even after such a procedure, the government would need way more planning in place. For example, mutants have been broadly rejected by their homosapien counterparts, and so clearly there are going to be trust issues in integrating ex-mutants back into society. They feel untrusted by humans, and I imagine that a lot of the mutant population are going to feel resentful towards those who take advantage of "the cure" in order to blend in with those who previously wanted them dead. How are ex-mutants supposed to deal with the loss of identity associated with such an action? If all of the world's mutants are being traced, will there be an official register of ex-mutants? Will they need regular testing? ID Cards? Will previously broken families be able to be fused together again? Will people have to lie about their genes on job applications?

OH GOD I WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT WHY CAN'T I STOP THINKING

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
I think you're looking a little bit too far into this movie, dear.

Calliope
06-02-2006, 09:37 AM
NO I'M NOT! SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONSIDER THESE THINGS!

Also, what Kishi said regarding the bridge.

Erik is allowed to say things such as "what have I done?" because he is in shock and doesn't actually have to talk as if someone is scripting all of his lines all the time. If you just lost the powers you had relied on all your life and unleashed holy hell upon the world, would you stand up and give a grandiose speech, or would you mumble like an old man and run?

Think of the old mutants, man! It's not like Magneto was signed up for the pension or anything. We need some sort of coping strategy in place! We can't just hire everyone to rebuild the bridge and clean up Alcatraz. And I don't think Xavier had life insurance, either.

OH GOD THINK OF THE WIMMEN AND CHILDREN

Miriel
06-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I thought the fact that they backtracked on both the whole cure thing (it works! wait, no it doesn't) and the whole Xavier thing (he's dead! wait, no he isn't) just goes to show how sloppy and mistake-ridden the script was. Bah!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Maybe a mutant needs to make a tangible effort in order to recover his powers. On top of that, maybe only mutants with powers comparable to Magneto's are able to overcome the cure's effects. It may very well not be a case of "Oh hey it wears off in a week."

Calliope
06-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah. People who get in car accidents can learn to walk again, just not the next day.

STOP HATIN AND START PARTICIPATIN!

Also, Mark Inglis is a great big bastard and I need to make a thread about him over there even though I just said something about antihate.

Miriel
06-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Ok, I will say this, I would pay good money to hear Ian McKellen read from a dictionary and I adored every scene he was in even when he was being silly and moving bridges he shouldn't have been moving. And if he told me to, I'd join the bad people in a second cause I <3 him so much.

Strider
06-02-2006, 10:25 AM
You know something else I would've liked to see developed more? The kid behind the cure.

There's those couple of scenes where mutants are doing fantastic things in the outside world (Angel fleeing the skyscraper, Magneto moving the bridge) and he's just kinda sitting there like "holy moley, that's awesome" or something. You think a kid like that would've had some kind of desire to be free, you know? I would've loved to see him raise some hell just because other mutants can't use their powers around him.

eestlinc
06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
they definitely could have developed a lot of stuff more deeply, but they'd have ended up making three movies instead of one. There's only so much you can fit into a 2-2.5 hour movie.

Strider
06-02-2006, 09:37 PM
The movie was 1 hour and 45 minutes.

eestlinc
06-02-2006, 09:38 PM
well then they could have added a little more, i guess.

Miriel
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Or cut out a lot of the bull and streamlined things a bit. >_>

Skyblade
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
You know something else I would've liked to see developed more? The kid behind the cure.

There's those couple of scenes where mutants are doing fantastic things in the outside world (Angel fleeing the skyscraper, Magneto moving the bridge) and he's just kinda sitting there like "holy moley, that's awesome" or something. You think a kid like that would've had some kind of desire to be free, you know? I would've loved to see him raise some hell just because other mutants can't use their powers around him.

You might be surprised. Due to the nature of Leech's power, he was shunned not only by humans, but by mutants as well. Especially since, in the comic books, he had green leathery skin as well as his power. He was only ever accepted by one group, the Morlocks, and then only because of the effect his power had on Annalee. Annalee was a powerful empath who had lost her 4 children and never got over it. As such, unless she was around Leech, she broadcast empathic waves of total despair to everyone in her range, which was considerable. So they let Leech tag along with her in order to damp out her power. But no one actually liked Leech (at least, till Annalee accepted Leech as a foster child to help dull her pain). Having a place like that, where people would take care of him and appreciate him, would probably be preferable to being mistreated and hunted on the streets.

lovehurts
06-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Im a x-men fan and I dont know if it has been mentioned yet but I am dissapointed that they killed off the Professor. I think that the director did that scene totally wrong. The acting was average for stewart but the scene left me hollow from start to finish...it diddn't give me the classic movie feeling that good directors can give you when a major character dies...the scene lacked horribly and cyclops fans got the worse experience possible....poorly poooooorly done there. Basicaly like..."oh and cyclops...he'd dead ummm ok...." That was such a dramatic scene....well it was meant to be but it was realy just the professor getting owned second by second. Where as that would be realistic going against the phoenix I still believe for whatever reason after seeing the scene that it could have been done alot better.Anyways I dont see why they made a movie combining like ancient pheonix stories with like the latest. Now Magneto some day rules over the x-men as a leader of good. I don't recall Storm ever leading the X-men though, but prehaps I just dont remember it .....there are a lot alot of comic books.

X-men was about magneto vs. Charles for me....that is gone now.

A powerfull sexy woman as the pheonix is enjoyable and it is film popcorn to the woman audience watching films looking for the "woman super-ego" of films ...but I think that this movie should have been focused on something else. I think that this movie would have made a better X-men 4 than it did 3.

The movie was ok but alot of what happened I disagreed with.....:(

Id watch it again but I love x-men 1 and 2...this film ...I still just dont know about.

Sefie1999AD
06-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Before I went to see X-Men: The Last Stand, I watched the original X-Men a few days before seeing the movie, and then X2 a day after that. I think X-Men 3 was true to the previous movies' style, the characters still felt the same people who you've got to know during the first two movies. I think the movie pulled an Advent Children in terms of storyline. However, there were a lot of tragic moments, and something like 3-4 sad scenes to make up for the story. While X2 had more like superhero action, X-Men 3 had some great war scenes. A great way to end the first trilogy, IMHO.

I've heard that there could be an X4, but that one will probably start a whole new trilogy with a new story. One thing I didn't like about the movie was how Rogue, who was my favorite character in the first two movies, didn't get much time on the screen, although she was pretty good in the scenes she had. I also like the soundtrack, it feels like the most mature of the three soundtracks, and there's a lot of orchestral and choral parts, and memorable themes.

It's a bit hard to compare the X-Men movies to each other. X2 had some great action and a lot of nice characters, while I think the original X-Men had the best storyline, and a lot of touching moments. X3 had excellent action and sad parts too, but it still felt like it came a little short compared to the first two films. Not to mention the final battle started relatively early, I was feeling like, "What, is the movie about to end already?" It's still a good movie, though. It seems a lot of people disliked the film, and usually hearing a lot of people bashing the movie will reduce my opinion towards the movie (for example, I first thought FFVIII was a decent game but not excellent, and after hearing everyone say the game is the worst FF, I slowly started to think that the game sucks, and that kept going on for a long time, until I actually played the game again). However, so far I haven't been that much affected by others' opinions. Hopefully I can stay that way.

Del Murder
06-03-2006, 07:00 PM
How can you say Jean/Phoenix felt the same as the previous movies? It was like her whole previous character was shown to be irrelevant, and the good feeling you got when it hinted to her revival in X2 was completely discredited.

lovehurts
06-03-2006, 11:12 PM
No patrick Stewart then no professor x please...another actor another body just wont work at all for me.

DiZTewell
06-03-2006, 11:40 PM
SPOILER: Dont go and see it. IT SUCKS!!!! Porfessor X, Jean Grey, and Cyclops dies. And they mess up the whole Phoenix storyline. Oh and if u do see it, make sure to stay until after the credits caues there is another scene with Xaiver lying in a bed... ALIVE!!!! So i think there will be another X men movie and i already heard their making a Wolverin movie.

Germ Hamee
06-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Why are there so many people excited about that extra tid bit after the credits? Between that and the last shot of the movie, they're completely taking a step back to say, "Oh, wait. You just wasted 2 hours of your time, because we're just kidding. Absolutely nothing significant happened in this movie. Come back for the next!"

And what's all this about ending this trilogies story? Uh... there was a continuing story? Sure, there were charactor arcs, but no overall "big thing." It felt nothing like a trilogy to me, and everything in X3 was just incredibly out of sync with the rest of the series that I could never think of giving it the credit of completing X1 and 2.

I guess my ultimate big miff is that they shamelessly killed or messed with main charactors. That's great, I love it when the main people get a reality check. But for christ's sake, do it right. Deaths were either treated like they were nothing, or overglorified. Like the big death of Phoenix. 'Kay, she did pretty much nothing but kill Xavier and look veiny. Why even bother with bringing Phoenix in? And what was up with wolverine FLIPPING out? Dude, I don't remember that big of a flip out the first time she died. (Could be wrong) All she did this time around was be an uber bitch, what's with the dramatics?

I repeat: boo.

DiZTewell
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM
i heard u

Chris
06-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I just saw it an hour ago, and I loved it. Yes, it does seem rushed and a bit unfinished, but it wasn't, by any means, a bad movie. It was a good action movie, but it was way too rushed in parts. Many of the characters were too monotonous, and they just seem to play their parts, without any thought behind their characters. Was Rogue even in this movie? I know she was, but her character was largely forgotten. Now I'm waiting for the next X-Men movie. I don't believe they're done with it! It's way too unfinished. Characters I'd like to see in the next movie: Jubilee and Gambit.

DiZTewell
06-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Have u ever read a X men comic??? The messed up EVERYTHING!!!! o and Jubilee was in the 3rd one, she just wasnt a main character. READ THE CREDITS!!!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-05-2006, 12:55 AM
He didn't say Jubilee wasn't in the movie; he said he didn't see her. And most people probably didn't.

Moon Rabbits
06-05-2006, 02:07 AM
SPOILER: Dont go and see it. IT SUCKS!!!! Porfessor X, Jean Grey, and Cyclops dies. And they mess up the whole Phoenix storyline. Oh and if u do see it, make sure to stay until after the credits caues there is another scene with Xaiver lying in a bed... ALIVE!!!! So i think there will be another X men movie and i already heard their making a Wolverin movie.

I'd appreciate it if you learned to use spoiler tags.

DiZTewell
06-05-2006, 08:46 PM
where are the Spoiler tags at?

Nick Schovitz
06-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Who actually says that Scott is dead!/ they never found his body, So Jean just took him to a far away place.

Ouch!
06-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Eh, I enjoyed the movie. It was fun to watch. I wasn't expecting a fantastic plot or anything like that--I rarely do these days. I enjoyed my hour and forty-five minutes.

The whole theater laughed at "Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" but I think I was one of maybe ten people who actually knew where that came from.

boys from the dwarf
06-06-2006, 07:26 PM
ive seen it. its good. great cast of characters. i doubt theyll be a sequel for obvious reasons which is a shame but it was good. it has juggernaught, multiple man, magneto. pheonix, kitty pryde, pyro, iceman and the list goes on. shame there arent that many X men. near the end scene the team of X-men are just collosus, beast, iceman, kitty pryde, wolverine and storm. they could have had nightcrawler or someone but oh well. great film. its well worth seeing. some X-men fans dont like it because its not 100% true the the orgiginal storyline of X-men and has some changes. heres a hint for people who may have been in some way offended by the changes.

its a film based on the comics. its not supposed to be exactly the same.

Nick Schovitz
06-07-2006, 01:26 PM
There will be a sequal see the hints at the end of the movie and Nightcrawler left off this place if you played XIII the game which is a prequal to the movie.

Nick Schovitz
06-07-2006, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Nick Schovitz]Spoiler: Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn

It was Spike who threw spikes at wolverine

kratos_GoS
06-08-2006, 10:43 AM
i didnt like what they did with juggernaught.
i mean he's not a mutant in the comics is he?
and what was up with him not being charles step-brother.

Big D
06-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Giving him a "magic cape" would've been totally out-of-place in the movie, which try to be more grounded in our reality. Making him a mutant is much more consistent, since it allows his power to be explained in a way that doesn't contradict what's already been established in the film series. Like when they chose to make Deathstrike a normal-looking (though pretty) woman in X-2, rather than the 7-foot cyborg form she had in the comics.

As for the family relationship thing... probably just written out as an unnecessary and avoidable complication. After all, the previous movie didn't touch on the fact that Mystique is Nightcrawler's mother; aside from one conversation, the two don't even interact.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-11-2006, 07:50 PM
wut wuz the whole purpose of the boy? he didnt do any really, i thought they were gonna use him to stop the phoenix, there was no need in killing her

Alixsar
06-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Was it entertaining? Kind of. Kelsey Grammar as Beast was a great addition to the film.

Was it good? No way. The biggest fault of X3 was trying to introduce roughly a billion new characters, as well as having too many subplots going on at once. In the end, there are just a billion underdeveloped things lying around. Oh, and Halle Berry still can't act. And I think it goes without saying that Brett Ratner doesn't know what he's doing. After all, he wants to do Lindsay Lohan. Or that he did at one point, I don't really follow celebrity gossip that much. The point is, considering how many diseases she has, the fact that he did or wants to clearly demonstrates that he has no brain. Clearly.

And the "I'm the Juggernaught, b**ch" line really did catch me off guard. When he said "Don't you know who I am?" I figured it was a coincidence. But wow, I still can't believe they would put that in.

I think the biggest reason why X3 pisses me off is because of what they did to Psylocke. Those of you who have seen it might be thinking "Wait...Psylocke was in it?", which is exactly why it sucks. Psylocke is way too hot and way too cool to be in the movie for only 10 seconds (For the record, she was that one girl with the purple hair streaks who hung out with the guy who had spikes and the girl who was really ugly. None of them did anything important, so don't worry about it if you can't remember.)

Semi-spoilers: I'm also pissed off that they pulled an X2 and only had Cyclops in the movie for ten seconds. And what they did to Prof. X was pretty lame too. The writers of X3 should be given a good beating. Iceman in full ice was cool too, except for the fact that he looked like he was made of plastic. I guess the special effects budget was mostly used up by that point. And although Wolverine/Colossus pulled the Fastball Special twice in the movie, it looked really lame both times. Unacceptable.

No.78
06-12-2006, 08:55 AM
omg that film was just amazing, if you someone didn't like it then they're not watching the film out of enjoyment then they're just watching it out of judgement and trying to find stuff wrong with it!

eden knight
06-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Seemed to me just like the other movies,fairly good.

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I was going to just wait untill it eventually came out on TV or maybe dvd but a friend dragged me to see it. It was good but there was no NightCrawler :( he had the best sound effect too.

Del Murder
06-13-2006, 02:00 AM
omg that film was just amazing, if you someone didn't like it then they're not watching the film out of enjoyment then they're just watching it out of judgement and trying to find stuff wrong with it!
I actually went into it very optimistically, prepared to enjoy a conclusion to an exciting trilogy. I actually enjoyed most of the beginning and middle. Then, when the end started to creep around, I took a minute to reflect on what I was watching, and realized to myself 'wow, this movie sucks.'

More bad stuff (spoiler): Magneto totally disregards Mystique when she gets attacked by the cure, saying she's 'no longer one of us'. Mystique, who has been his savior and right hand woman the whole time. If mutation isn't a disease to be cured how could he accept the fact that an injection made her no longer a mutant? When he gets hit by the same cure he doesn't seem to have this view anymore, telling Phoenix to carry on with his goal.

Resha
06-13-2006, 02:14 AM
If you stay and watch through all the credits, there's 27 EXTRA SECONDS OF EXTREMELY SHOCKING FOOTAGE! It made my X-Men geek friends gasp. I don't think this is the last movie -- is it? The extra footage is so tantalising, it suggests otherwise.

I thought it was pretty good -- I especially loved Magneto, because Sir Ian McKellen is class. ;)

Madame Adequate
06-13-2006, 03:05 AM
It was Spike who threw spikes at wolverine

Whilst his powers were Spike's, he's credited as Kid Omega. Don't take it too hard, look at Alixsar's post, I didn't even know Psylocke was there until I checked Wikipedia.

Worse still, Wikipedia suggests the guy Logan took out with a knee to the nuts was Deadpool. Deadpool is possibly the coolest comic book character ever. Flailing wildly and then getting a knee in the nuts and a bad one liner doesn't even begin to do him justice.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-13-2006, 05:12 AM
If you stay and watch through all the credits, there's 27 EXTRA SECONDS OF EXTREMELY SHOCKING FOOTAGE! It made my X-Men geek friends gasp. I don't think this is the last movie -- is it? The extra footage is so tantalising, it suggests otherwise.
It is. It's been confirmed. They just threw that in to save face or whatever.

Resha
06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
It is. It's been confirmed. They just threw that in to save face or whatever.
Seriously? That's despicable. They made me sit through the credits and watch that for nothing. :( And it gave me so much hope, too.