PDA

View Full Version : Mai computurr iz teh suxorrz

Shiny
05-22-2006, 10:32 PM
What computer model do you have?

What's your prefered type of computer?

What's the worst computer invented that you know of?

What do you use your computer for (other than Eyesonff.com ;))?

As an estimated guess, how long are you usually on the computer and how many times a week?

Perducci
05-22-2006, 11:14 PM
My computer won't run CSS. :(

I'm online basically all the time i'm at home.
I'm only not at home on weekends.
So i'm pretty much always online.

LunarWeaver
05-22-2006, 11:17 PM
I really only use it for forums and online dabbling...and I'm on it 99% of my life. I don't even know anything about my computer other then it runs and that's good enough for me.

Why? Are you a Fed? Do you guys what know what I keep on here?!

rubah
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
hp pavilion

this is the only decent one I've used in a long time;o

dell desktops ^_^

irc, musickin', CGin', photography and images etc

Six or seven hours on most weekdays, all day weekends ^_^

Shoeberto
05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
1) It's one I made myself.

2) Home built.

3) Dells are pretty awful for desktop machines, really.

4) Gaming, chat.

5) A lot.

edczxcvbnm
05-22-2006, 11:52 PM
A Compaq Pessario

One the works

Packard Bell or HP. Dells have really never given me a problem...hell I was even on a project and worked for Dell and used nothing but Dells. I don't know where this hate comes from.

What do you use your computer for (other than Eyesonff.com )?
I use it for work, gaming, video stuffz, Polo Ponies and other stuff here and there.

As an estimated guess, how long are you usually on the computer and how many times a week?
I am on every day for who knows how many hours. I do work from home sometimes so I can't say how much of it is really personal time and not work time. When does the computer transend the boundry of work and play? Point in case...I am at work right now...in the office and not at home :D

XxSephirothxX
05-22-2006, 11:52 PM
I've got an HP zv6000 laptop with an AMD 64 4000+ Processor. It's great.

If I could have any computer I wanted, it would probably be this one. (http://gear.ign.com/articles/679/679405p1.html)

I use my computer for a lot of stuff; IMing, chatting, browsing, music, games...the usual, really. I'd say I spend between 3 and 6 hours a day on the computer on average.

bipper
05-22-2006, 11:55 PM
1. Several home constructed

2. Home built for sho

3. Dell

4. Life

5. 16 hours a day *less on weekends* = prolly about 100+hours/week

Mirage
05-23-2006, 12:25 AM
1: An Acer Travelmate 4500 laptop and a huge homebuilt thingie with a 64bit 3000+, 1024MB RAM and 770 GB of hard drive capacity.

2: Home built computers are my preferred kind. They're just to easy to do maintenance on.

3: Any kind of compact, cheap stationary (with probably a celeron in). They're just hell when it comes to upgrades, repairs and general maintenance.

4: Internetting, web browsing, chatting, music listening, movies and TV series, gaming, hacking (OMG YES), studying.

5: Too many hours, probably more than 6 hours every weekday. More in the weekends.

mooglebunni608
05-23-2006, 01:11 AM
um, my computer is a MacMini
I don't have a preference, just so long as it runs all the programs I need
worst? I dunno...
my computer is for schoolwork, since my course is online.
I'd say i'm on at least 10 hours a day T_T I have to study

DK
05-23-2006, 04:43 AM
If you went to #eoff I could just show you with the script I have.

Yuffie514
05-23-2006, 05:11 AM
...Sony VA10.

...Dell or one built by hand (bro knows).

...i don't know. AMD Athlon is quite a shabby processor.

What do you use your computer for (other than Eyesonff.com ;))?
...chat, e-mail, MMO/flash games, school work, etc.

...i always find time to be on whenever i'm at home (though being w/family on weekends is way better than sitting here, xD). the hours really depend.

kikimm
05-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Fuck I have no idea what sort of computer I have. I didn't buy it. It doesn't matter to me. It's not good enough to brag about. So I never bothered to look at it too closely, or ask about it. Actually now that I think about it, some dude made it. Man.

The next couple questions I don't know. Besides EoFF, I use it for chitty chatty, downloading things, looking up movie times, shopping.

Way too much. It's kinda depressing to think about it, but I don't know why that is. Shouldn't be depressing. Computer makes me happy. On weekdays, maybe like...4-6 hours. On weekends longer, cause I can stay up later. So it's more like 8+ maybe.

Meat Puppet
05-23-2006, 06:44 AM
I have a sweet IBM Vista (microsoft even named an upcoming version of windows after this savage beast).

Here is a picture of it I found on Google. (http://www.ganc.com/products/netvistaDT.jpg)
And just to prove I'm not lying to impress you folks, here is a picture of mine. (the CD Drive is out, I didn't photo that because I don't want to get banned :-[) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/g.jpg)

I mostly use my computer for e-mailing, multimedia-related activities (even though it's junk at doing this stuff) and lagging.

I probably spend (roughly) a million hours a week on my computer.

escobert
05-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Compaq Presario 2.8 P4 1 GB ram 60 gb HD Radeon mobility 9600 128 mb video
one that I build
I dunno

Games
everyday for about 6 - 12 hours.

Samuraid
05-23-2006, 08:12 AM
As with evey computer in my house, it's custom built by me.

Custom built. I like to build all my machines and wouldn't have it any other way.

Hard to say. Each brand/generation/architecture has it's advantages and disadvantages.
I dislike most prebuilt computers, but Dell and Alienware are probably the brands I dislike the least, Compaq and e-machines I dislike the most.

Most everything electonic: University work, programming, writing and listening to music, gaming, internet and web, managing servers, etc...

My computer runs 24/7. I generally use it around 4 to 10 hours a day. I use it every day, no exceptions.