PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Monster you have been killed by?

Markus. D
05-23-2006, 08:43 AM
I am yet to encounter a monter more stronger then Sea Horror *shudder*

first met it when I was level 8 while having a little explore (ages ago)

I was like, wow, a Pugil.... a BST hits it for around 200 and something.

then this wierd octopus/stingray thing appears, I am like... wow it looks purdy, I examine it, and its actually over the rank of being over impossible.

and yeah, died. got raised by a japanese player, and started watching as a team of people taked it down :D, then started running around with excitement, then got dizzy and the ship arrived in Mhaura.

I went back to Selbina (hours later), and the Sea Horror was inside this time, I got killed, went to my home point at Bastok, happy times ^_^

just the creation of some of these monsters is amazing *_*

Yeargdribble
05-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Actually I can solo Sea Horror without too much effort and have done so on many ocassions while trying to wait on pirate NMs that drop those nice clubs which my wife would like for her WHM.

If we had to talk about the most powerful monster I've been defeated by it was probably Vrtra while getting a little over-zealous pulling for a KRT PT. I've seen Jormungand in XP PTs up in Uleguerand Range but never fought or been killed by him.

I have been killed by Tiamat... funny story really. I was helping out some friends with Rostrum Pumps. They had come to the Rostrum Pump run without their Antlion Trap and needed 2 HQ Antlion Jaws. Well me and Chal (my wife) were experts at farming these duo so we went to go farm some up and have a bonecrafter make the trap in the middle of the run.

Much to my dismay Tiamat was up and one of the Trench Antlion spawn points was near him. Usually I tempted fate without losing my life but this one time he turned just as I was running over the crack to spawn the Trench Antlion. I did at least get an R3 and a really great picture with me in my hideous pulling gear of the time.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Tiamat.jpg

Me running away with Tiamat over my shoulder :erm:

eternalshiva
05-23-2006, 02:12 PM
lol that's hilarious. I've been pwnd by her a few times D: Jorm is fun lol hard as heck though, we wiped in like 2 minutes when we attempted in my old HNMLS.

Recent wipe I had with a hard mob was KB, my LS wiped to him last week to a raged meteor D: 3K damage a person, full wipe when he was at less then 20% life ; ;

Yeargdribble
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM
I just have to roffle at raged NMs. I love watching RMTs get completely owned my Simurgh and the like when they go rage. Suddenly their slow, methodical attempt to kill turns into a massacre.

m4tt
05-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Uhm.. That one dragon in Ifrit's Cauldron place. We were doing ZM missions and tried to get by it. Killed the BLM in our party and me. My 1300+ HP didn't last very long. ;\

chionos
05-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Tiamat, Jormugand many times, JoFa JoFo etc,

nzv0
05-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Not really a monster but a gang of monsters. Was doing Rank 2-3 mission for sandoria in Palborough Mines was ok because i didnt aggro anything. Jumped down to 2nd floor to grab the Mithril Powder saw a Quadav on the other side of this think and was like well might as well lvl up my range so I shoot it and then it ran away. I was kinda surprised and just continued walking back up. It had came all the way over to me and hits me for like 1 i was like ok easy and then some more aggro'd me while fighting it then it was like 10 vs me i was like ok nevermind and ran....bad idea...after awhile on my way back to the elvevator I had a giant mob of like 30 chasing me tryed to get the elevator to work and escape but no good they took me down pretty fast after they all gank'ed up. -_- Still too low and havent really explored to talk about anything else worthwild.

Kyoshiro
On Siren

if anyone wants to chill.

ScottNUMBERS
05-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Bloodtear. It beat me down in one hit after coming back from Selbina on my way to San D'oria - not only did it send me back to Selbina I De-level'd too. :frust:

Yeargdribble
05-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Haha the other day while I was riding through La Thiene I ran into Bloodtear. Rather, I ran into some lowbies who ran into Bloodtear. They were just watching him and discussing in say what their battle plan was... keep in mind they ranged from 17-19. I dismounted (thank god I happened to be subbing NIN) and prepared to fight. I was actually a little worried that I wouldn't be able to solo it. During my hesitation they told me not to kill it. I asked why to which they said 'i dunno l.o.l.'

Well by this time a 40+ WHM had shown up (not exactly sure what level) and was watching on their choco.... and so the level 15 WHM with the lowbie group decided to pull it (apparently to keep me from pulling it). He cast Dia on it and I'm sure you can imagine the outcome of that. Suprisingly he took TWO whole hits before hitting the ground and his 19 WAR friend took over. as the 40+ WHM dismounted and cured him.

As you can imagine the WHM was running out of MP fast and told him so but the WAR just said to keep curing him while he 'solo'd it. I don't think he understood the concept of limited MP and couldn't hit Bloodtear (obviously) to save his life. I told him to invite me (as he wouldn't disengage or CFH). With the last of the 40+ WHMs remaining MP I got a Haste and got into the guy's PT to take on Bloodtear. I don't know if I could've done it without Haste or not but it was a thrilling fight.

Later the WAR kept telling me how he could've solo'd it and he really didn't need my help but that he really wanted the Ra/Ex horn because it was worth a lot of money on the AH. Obviously he didn't know what it was really for. Since I already had my Purple Belt I let him have it. With a chuckle I set off to the crag to get another bird. Was quite fun.

chionos
05-29-2006, 03:34 AM
nice story year :D
hardest mob i've been killed by changed today when I fought Bahamut. Well there are tougher HNM's out there, but not in BC's with party size limit and time limit. bastard's tough as hell. Has protect and shell that block -everything- and have to be ES>dispeled or stuns won't stick and he won't take damage at all. + there's the megaflares and the terror and the silence and the flare 2 and the firaga4 and the fire5 and the Gigaflare. Our first try we decided to go on firesday(impatient ppl didn't want to wait) and firaga4 was just eating the ninja, and everyone else, all to pieces. Slightly more managable the next day but still an intense fight. CoP BC's are so fun if you can get over all the dying. 9 deaths and 10k xp loss but worth it.

Yuffie514
06-03-2006, 03:42 AM
i logged out one time in Pashow Marshlands, due to some fuzzy mess. upon returning, there were two slimy Malboros in my path. i never had this happen before, and i don't know where the hell they came from...

strawberryman
06-04-2006, 06:38 AM
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/277/zomgspoiler8yc.jpg

I'm a BLM Tarutaru, so obviously I lived through this.

(/Sarcasm off, I blocked the name so as not to spoil it. ;) )

chionos
06-04-2006, 07:41 PM
is that version #1 or Apocalypse Nigh version?
I'll be doing AN soon, so Kam- will be kicking my arse soon enough.

strawberryman
06-11-2006, 05:57 PM
is that version #1 or Apocalypse Nigh version?

Version #1 ^^;