PDA

View Full Version : Effortless monster you have been killed by.

Markus. D
05-23-2006, 08:51 AM
I got killed by two goblins wh0ring away at me while I was afk.

I came back just as I was falling ^_^

somewhere in South Gustaburg.

Yeargdribble
05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
I've managed to get myself killed on a number of ocassions in very embarassing ways usually involving trains, my over confidence and my habit of not worrying about being low on HP. It's almost always more an issue of lag than it is of me being unable to handle the situation. Happened once while saving someone from some Quadav in Beadeux after doing some rank stuff for someone. Instead of just killing 3 or 4 Quads which were TW by far I just threw caution to the wind and ran to the zone far far away trying to show boat about being able to handle a huge train of linking Quads. I died inches from the zone when lag prevented me from getting Horde Lullaby to cast and their Poison and Bio overtook me.

Also even more embarassing I've died to large Yag trains in Giddeus. I used to love getting 50 or 60 Yags on me and taking them out in one shot with Cyclone or Circle Blade. However, often when you have that much going on on your screen the controls will lock up and you cannot even select your WS (much less the Horde Lullaby macro that I so obviously rely on).

eternalshiva
05-23-2006, 02:05 PM
My buddy Hamburgler died in the dunes as a lvl 73 pld D: He made a gigantic train so a LS member could try out Astral flow on them but he got lagged out and he died! ROFL. Most embarrassing death I've had was converting while poisoned and dropping dead or converting and getting hit by an AoE at lvl 75 and dropping dead cause I forgot to put up stoneskin. Stoopid rdm~! :P

Another LS member went AFK resting in Beaucedine waiting for Dynamis and tigers aggroed him and it took an hour but the tiger killed him! lvl 75 Ninjaar ftl!

Roogle
05-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I died to a few easy prey and too weak to be worthwhile monsters in the areas around the Tavnazian Safehold.

Yeargdribble
05-23-2006, 06:04 PM
It's quite hilarious when a RDM converts to their death as a result of Bio or other DoT.

>>Everyone: Omg what happened!?
Redmage>> ...

escobert
05-23-2006, 06:14 PM
a golblin somethig or other. I was afk.

Miriel
05-23-2006, 06:28 PM
A freakin' bunny rabbit. Although even in the upper levels, there's still gonna be a bunny that can whoop your ass. xD

Markus. D
05-23-2006, 11:56 PM
xD

so true... so true.

dodhungry
05-24-2006, 03:28 AM
I just started playing today and already figured out to leave some bunnies alone.:(

Yeargdribble
05-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Does anyone have a link to that wallpaper? I've managed to lose it ; ;

ScottNUMBERS
05-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I was in Valkurm dunes at level 10 the other day and got aggro'd by seven goblins.

General Beranger Stone
06-25-2006, 10:23 AM
i have alot... i was on a date with a girl named Serra and the NM SERRA pop'd next to us and i attacked it and went afk... and during the fight my girl Serra dump'd me and let the NM serra kill me....

also during ballista a lvl 10 RNG 2hour'd and killed me right as i was answering the all important question CAN A LVL 60 PLD kill a LVL 60 DRK
i was so piss;d cause i took 500 damage... THAT WAS MORE DAMAGE THAN THE DRK WAS ABLE TO INFLICT WITH HIS WS i don't know who was more piss;d / embarrased me or the drk

and again i went afk in a noob qufim party and i come back and every undead in the zone is all of o a sudden around me and not attacking me .... sneak wore off and they still didn't do anything i go "wow" in say chat and they slaughter me....

i went to skill up in valkrum as a lvl 55 PLD and ran into VALK EMP NM and was killing it when when a group of piss'd off players thought i was a bot and trained every fly in valkrum on me (i was afk and this was a long time ago) needles to say i was killed as i delt the finishing blow and i lost the hairpin when i d/c'd....

oh my too many times to remember ... checking logs...
here we go

I LOST TO A Fomor Galka PLD on my PLD when he managed to gain a "scare the B named characters trait" also 3 others with B names were killed because of this...

oh and darn rabbits have a conspiracy against me...

and i died to a dragon in gustav tunnel when my date decided to fight it and i got 1 shot killed as she ran and broke up with me XD

Laguna
06-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I got killed by a lot of bats I trained in Ranguemont Pass. I jokingly shield bashed one set and then ran all the way to the glacier zone only to get confused and run back on myself, through a wall of bat based pain. Remind me never to do anything stupid like that again T.T

Alixsar
06-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Last night I got killed by a Wild Rabbit. Granted, I was running away from three Orcs I aggro'ed by accident (seriously, these guys come out of nowhere), but the rabbit put in the death blow.

No.78
06-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Fighting damselfly in dunes, gob comes along and decides to "help". So I tell everyone to zone... *ignore, summoner dies*. I tell everyone to zone again, whilst running *proceeds to ignore*... Then the paladin randomly runs past "I'M GONNA ZONE IT NOW SO NOBODY DIES" and I'm like "wtf no/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif sherlock!!!?" so she dies whilst "zoning" it. Then I go back and I'm all "wtflolbbqhax" and then the damselfly comes ALL THE WAY BACK with a friend too, and I'm wetting myself "maybe it'll attack someone else!" no it hit ME for some reason and killed me...
Basically, if my party hadn't of been so darn stupid I would've lived.

General Beranger Stone
06-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Fighting damselfly in dunes, gob comes along and decides to "help". So I tell everyone to zone... *ignore, summoner dies*. I tell everyone to zone again, whilst running *proceeds to ignore*... Then the paladin randomly runs past "I'M GONNA ZONE IT NOW SO NOBODY DIES" and I'm like "wtf no/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif sherlock!!!?" so she dies whilst "zoning" it. Then I go back and I'm all "wtflolbbqhax" and then the damselfly comes ALL THE WAY BACK with a friend too, and I'm wetting myself "maybe it'll attack someone else!" no it hit ME for some reason and killed me...
Basically, if my party hadn't of been so darn stupid I would've lived.

its called VALKRUM DUNES as in dang it i'm surounded by idoits and new poeple that don't know what they are doing

Crossblades
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
I was killed by a Wild Dhamel in the Tahrongi Canyon once, but only because a Yagudo Persecutor came out of nowhere and weakened me -_-

Yeargdribble
06-27-2006, 06:41 PM
its called VALKRUM DUNES as in dang it i'm surounded by idoits and new poeple that don't know what they are doing

Ummm what's this have to do with anything? BTW it's Valkurm

and again i went afk in a noob qufim party and i come back and every undead in the zone is all of o a sudden around me and not attacking me .... sneak wore off and they still didn't do anything i go "wow" in say chat and they slaughter me....

You say the PT was noob but if you went afk in a zone where you still get aggro I'd say look in the mirror.

i went to skill up in valkrum as a lvl 55 PLD and ran into VALK EMP NM and was killing it when when a group of piss'd off players thought i was a bot and trained every fly in valkrum on me (i was afk and this was a long time ago) needles to say i was killed as i delt the finishing blow and i lost the hairpin when i d/c'd....

Somehow I'm not following this story. You say you were afk when you claimed it but you weren't botting and others though you were?

Sephitachi7
06-29-2006, 04:12 AM
when I was starting I got killed by wild rabbit lol

No.78
07-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Well today was rather embaressing, I was feeling rather anti-valkurm and thought I'd solo my 18 NIN, so I subbed rdm for some reason and went to the dunes to kill sand hares... I killed one, then another, but then one linked and I got owned.
I GOT OWNED BY RABBITS!!! OMGNO, think about it, a ninja killed by a rabbit. quite funny really.