PDA

View Full Version : It's Thesaurus Day!

Cz
05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
So, did you like Dinosaurs as a little kid? What was your favourite? :D

I liked Triceratops, because it looked so freaky.

ekinserge
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
i like the one that lives in water...kinda like big turtle...i don't know its name...

Mittopotahis
05-23-2006, 11:38 AM
I like the Pteredactyl, mainly cause I can never spell its name.

I might need a Dictionary or Thesaurus or something..

Loony BoB
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
When I was around 10 years old, possibly younger, I typed out a mini-encyclopedia about dinosaurs, including details on every dinosaur I could find out about in roughly 10 books. I loved dinosaurs.

Having said that, I'm not sure which my favourite was - I just loved them all. There were some I favoured - Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Deinonychus, Styracosaurus... although it was not actually a dinosaur, I always liked Dimetrodons, too.

Mitto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dinosaurs

Meat Puppet
05-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Like 8 years ago, my grandma ordered me this thing that came in installments like every fortnight (sometimes 2). First came a ring binder (with a picture of some dinosaurs on the front) then every issue after that had some pages of dinosaurs that I would put in the ring binder. The pages were full of fun facts about the dinosaurs it was based on. There were also some history pages that came every now and again that were supposed to set the record straight about myths I may have heard about dinosaurs in the past.
Also, with the first few issues came pieces to a glow-in-the-dark t-rex skeleton. I never finished building him—I missed out on the issues that had the spine and tail and I never got around to back ordering.

That was pretty much my last real run in with dinosaurs.

Chris
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Pachy..."something"...has always been my favourite Dinosaur. I don't remember its full name, but I think it is the best of them all. ^^

Pachy Dinosaur. (http://images.google.dk/images?q=Pachy&hl=da)

Levian
05-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Yep, I liked the Pterodactyl too. I pwned the other kids at Hangman with that word.

Anaisa
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
I liked Dinosaurs when I was kid, and now. My favourites are the ceratopsians. I don't think I could choose a favourite out of that group though.
Like 8 years ago, my grandma ordered me this thing that came in installments like every fortnight (sometimes 2). First came a ring binder (with a picture of some dinosaurs on the front) then every issue after that had some pages of dinosaurs that I would put in the ring binder. The pages were full of fun facts about the dinosaurs it was based on. There were also some history pages that came every now and again that were supposed to set the record straight about myths I may have heard about dinosaurs in the past.
Also, with the first few issues came pieces to a glow-in-the-dark t-rex skeleton. I never finished building him—I missed out on the issues that had the spine and tail and I never got around to back ordering.

That was pretty much my last real run in with dinosaursMy brother was collecting that when he was younger, but he too missed out on a few pieces. So his T-rex only had a skull, and it's upper body.

LunarWeaver
05-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I watched The Land Before Time as a kid and it made me like the ones with the long-necks and hate everything else...The giraffe-asours.

Jess
05-23-2006, 04:17 PM
I like those big ones who don't eat meat. They seem more friendly then the ones that would gladly eat me. :p

Shauna
05-23-2006, 05:09 PM
I loved Dinosaurs when I was younger! :D They were all great. ^_^

Cz
05-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Also, with the first few issues came pieces to a glow-in-the-dark t-rex skeleton. I never finished building him—I missed out on the issues that had the spine and tail and I never got around to back ordering.I'm pretty sure my sister collected that, too. I think she finished the whole T-Rex, though.

Roto13
05-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I was never really all that into dinosaurs. I kinda liked them, and I found them intersting, but I never went out of my way to study them like so many little boys tended to.

Shoden
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Godzilla kicks their asses anyday, nuclear mutated giant lizards kill dinosaurs! Too bad Rowan Atkinson and Tony Robinson killed them all off with some old duds though.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Dinosaurs were my obsession. I drew them, I collected magazines, I made some up, I made my own magazines, I collected dinosaur cards, it was probably because of me that the whole family went to see Jurassic Park

look_out_below
05-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Allosaurus was my favorite, its pretty much a T-Rex with horns.

Evastio
05-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Thesaurus happens to be my r... Wait, what are you doing Evastio?! (slaps) Bad Evastio!!!!

Shiny
05-23-2006, 11:13 PM
The old T-Rex is my favorite the new one looks like a raptor and I don't approve of that at all.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Velociraptor, of course.

I Took the Red Pill
05-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Brontosaurus was my favorite.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Allosaurus was my favorite, its pretty much a T-Rex with horns.

Isn't that Carnotaurus?

rubah
05-24-2006, 11:40 PM
There's no way anyone who read Jurassic Park can't like <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procompsognathus">Compies</a>.

Reles
05-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow, I never knew there were so many dinosaurs, thanks wikipedia. Haha, I like the changchunsaurus, because it's name is cool. And the corytosaurus, reminds me of a rooster with horse hooves. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Corytosaurus.jpg

Mo-Nercy
05-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Velociraptor pwns. I like Triceratops too and all it's variations (like the 5 horned ones with bigger frills)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-25-2006, 12:40 AM
Velociraptor pwns. I like Triceratops too and all it's variations (like the 5 horned ones with bigger frills)

Utahraptor pwns Deinonychus which in turn pwns Velociraptor.

Leeza
05-25-2006, 04:27 AM
I liked the Brontasaurus because it seems very gentle for something so huge, and the Coelacanth, which is the only dinasaur that still exists. :cat:

Meat Puppet
05-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Isn't tuatara a dinosaur?

Leeza
05-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Isn't tuatara a dinosaur?
I guess it is, according to Google. :)

<i>The tuatara is famous because it is a very ancient – it is the only survivor Tuatara!of a large group of reptiles that roamed the earth at the same time as dinosaurs. It hasn't changed its form much in over 225 million years! The relatives of tuatara died out about 60 million years ago which is why the tuatara is sometimes called a ‘living fossil’ - cool.</i>

Mittopotahis
05-25-2006, 05:05 AM
Ha! I remember I had that too!

I wonder if I still have it....*rummages*

Shlup
05-25-2006, 05:10 AM
My favorite dinosaur was stegosaurus. There was a song I would sing.

Slade
05-25-2006, 08:21 AM
T-Rex. What else? :D