PDA

View Full Version : FF on Game Boy

Ifirit's Fury
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
How is it that there are no sections for the FF series for the origianl Game Boy? I own FF Legend 1-3 and the FF Adventure. I think these were the only ones released for it.

Crossblades
05-23-2006, 02:21 PM
They don't count as FF games. In Japan, FFL 1-3 was released as part of the Saga series and FFA as part of the Mana series. They called it FF in the US for name recognition

Carmilla
05-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Final Fantasy Adventure was rereleased for the Gameboy Advance as Sword of Mana. :choc2:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Sword of Mana is a straight-up remake, not a rerelease.

Ifirit's Fury
05-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Interesting. They are really good games (with exception of Adventure, it was not very challenging). I can remember spending hours when i was little playing these games and now I find out they're not technically considered FF games? :cry: I still like them anyway

Zeromus_X
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
You can still like them (I played Sagas I and II.), they just aren't FFs, really. :cat:

DJZen
05-24-2006, 01:05 AM
If you like them, you can play their non GB sequels. FFA's sequels (Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana) were pretty well recieved. SaGa Frontier was given some praise, and Romancing SaGa has finally made its way to US shores in the way of a remake. However, Unlimited SaGa wasn't well liked by critics.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Also, if you wish to discuss any of these games, you may in the General Square Enix forum. However, they don't have the following as the primary numbered series, and thus don't need their own forums, even if they were actually Final Fantasies. We'd be more likely to make a Mystic Quest forum (and we won't, so don't ask).

Roto13
05-24-2006, 11:54 PM
I didn't really like the SaGa games, but Adventure was fun, back in the day. Sword of Mana (the remake) left something to be desired, I think. I just found it kinda boring.