PDA

View Full Version : The Stronger of the Two?

Arrianna
05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
I've never paid much attention in the game to Squalls EMO'ing about the lack of difference between him and Seifer. I just figured it was the same ol same ol moral equivalency that goes on these days. Then recently this thought hit me to look at it from another perspective.

"Why was Seifer the one chosen by Ultimacia and not Squall?"

They both have a bad attitude. They're both kickbutt fighters. Neither communicates or listens well. Both had friends that would back them to the hilt.

Is it just possible that Seifer was chosen because of the two he is the stronger mentally and physically? In their fight in the opening sequence he recovered the sooner and (I believe) was the victor. Even when he was not following orders himself Seifer was able to get others to follow him. Squall on the other hand would have quit half way through the game if his "friends" hadn't been pushing and draging him to do the right thing. Was Seifer chosen for being the stronger?

Or was Seifer just in the wrong(right?) place at the right time and it's all coincidence?

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-23-2006, 08:02 PM
That´s a good question which is stronger...

Well it´s kind of hard to say but comparing the two i would say Seifer as the strongest personality and as a lot more spike, besides he as Fugin and Ragin who always back him up, althought i think it doesn´t matters to Ultimecia if their both supporting Seifer.

On the other hand when you say Seifer is stronger than Squall i have to desagree their first duel ended in a tie there was no clear winner, as for the second time they fight Seifer is easily beaten by Squall although that depends on the way you play the game of course...
The other two times you face him you fight alongside other members so i won´t consider those turns, but it his clear nevertheless that Squall is more powerfull since his limit breaks are by far superior to Seifer limit breaks.

And i think that if there had been other circunstances Squall would probably have been more easy to corrupt than Seifer since he is a loner by nature.

So in the end i think that Seifer only became Ultimecias knight due to mere casualty had he not failed to become a SeeD and had he not atacked President Deling then there wouldn´t have been a Sorceress knight.

Of course all that is pointless since of the two Squall became more powerfull but in the end Zell is the most powerfull of them all;)

LunarWeaver
05-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Because Squall was trying to kill her and Seifer wanted to join her, so she decided Seifer would be the best choice.

41-Inches-Wide
05-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Ultimecia is evil, right?

In WWE lingo: Squall=Face; Seifer=Heel. As an evil person, Ultimecia requires that her Knight be as evil as her. Not a mopey emo squad leader. If I were a sorceress I would choose Seifer just because he's blindingly hot.

boys from the dwarf
05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
the reason ultimecia picked seifer is because seifer was a more willing helper while squall would never have joined the sorceress. im not sure whos stronger. they both have good and bad points but her choosing was nothing to do with stronger or weaker i think.

Reddragon
05-24-2006, 08:37 PM
For the question: who is the stronger one?

I bet both of them are strong. Well I notice that both of them are A,9,6,4 in the card game. I think that the storyteller want to show us both of them are extremelly experienced Gunblade fighter, and also the greatest on the FFVIII World.

What the storyteller think of is the answer

BrokenWingzStillFly
05-26-2006, 08:26 PM
I think she choose Seifer and not Squall becaus seifer has followers sorta and Squall has like real friends to help him. if you can get what i'm saying(I know it's confusing)

boys from the dwarf
05-26-2006, 08:45 PM
i think what brokenwingzstillfly meant was that because seifer had lackeys instead of friends it would be simpler. E.G. lackeys will obey pretty mich blindly while friends will do whats right and ask questions and do things their way.

Qurange
05-27-2006, 02:48 AM
It's probably more that Seifer was much easier to manipulate--he had clear things that could be twisted, and he was in the right place at the right time. He didn't have anywhere else to go, after threatening Deling.

rubah
05-27-2006, 04:02 AM
I would say that seifer is more stable, rather than more strong. Squall has a bunch of raw force behind him, but he's not very good at controlling himself, so he tends to repress himself xD

That, or ulti happened to pick seifer because he happened to be at the tv station facing off against a bunch of people.

fire_of_avalon
05-27-2006, 06:52 AM
It's probably more that Seifer was much easier to manipulate--he had clear things that could be twisted, and he was in the right place at the right time. He didn't have anywhere else to go, after threatening Deling.
This is pretty much what I think. Seifer was manipulated based on the views he had of himself. He had his "romantic dream" of being the dashing protector of someone. Edea was likely a figure he recognized and felt comfortable with, on some level of his mind, so he was an easy target. Cloud was always the quiet, loner type who didn't have obvious idiosyncrasies to be exploited.

Chris
05-27-2006, 01:35 PM
I agree with Foa. Edea exploited Seifer's weakness and took advantage of his "Romantic Dream" fantasy.

Rusty
05-27-2006, 02:00 PM
This is pretty much what I think. Seifer was manipulated based on the views he had of himself. He had his "romantic dream" of being the dashing protector of someone. Edea was likely a figure he recognized and felt comfortable with, on some level of his mind, so he was an easy target. Cloud was always the quiet, loner type who didn't have obvious idiosyncrasies to be exploited.

Cloud, foa? xD

Moon Rabbits
05-27-2006, 03:42 PM
She probably chose Seifer because you know...he wanted to be a Sorceress' Knight while Squall was trying to you know...kill the sorceress.

BrokenWingzStillFly
05-27-2006, 03:46 PM
i think what brokenwingzstillfly meant was that because seifer had lackeys instead of friends it would be simpler. E.G. lackeys will obey pretty mich blindly while friends will do whats right and ask questions and do things their way.

Yes that is what i ment thank you

Qurange
05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't know about the 'lackey' part--Seifer had friends, too. It's just that he and his friends had a different dynamic than Squall and his teammates. (Until later in the game, it can't really be said that Squall has 'friends'--Seifer's about as close as he gets.)

Zeromus_X
05-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Because Squall was trying to kill her and Seifer wanted to join her, so she decided Seifer would be the best choice.
Why are there any more questions?

Qurange
05-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Possibly because Seifer /didn't/ want to join her, as is clear from actually watching the scene.

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Well Seifer seemed pretty focused on becoming a Sorceress Knight. That may've been later though. Haven't played it in awhile. Still, an essay really doesn't need to be written on the subject.

Qurange
05-28-2006, 02:05 AM
It doesn't /need/ to be, but hey, we don't need to have forums, either. He wanted to be a Sorceress's Knight, yes--but at the TV Station, he seemed more afraid of Edea than hoping to join up with her.

fire_of_avalon
05-28-2006, 05:07 AM

Cloud, foa? xD
YES! :(

Kawaii Ryûkishi
05-28-2006, 05:11 AM
Goku is way stronger than Vegeta.

Arrianna
05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
What the storyteller think of is the answer I agree wholeheartedly but... until they tell us I still wonder about these things. :D

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 09:08 PM
I agree with you. Plus he mentions his romantic dream, he was an easier target then Squall.

Future Esthar
06-01-2006, 12:19 AM
1-Seifer is a very proud person unlike Squall(individualism and proud weren´t the same thing).

2-Seifer and Edea were married before WOTC.

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 12:41 AM
What?

Future Esthar
06-01-2006, 01:54 AM
What?

It´s a long story.

You need to read some of my ancient threads to understand it.

Too much to explain in one post.

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 01:56 AM
The mistake you made was replying to his posts in any shape or form.

Don't worry, been there, done that.

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 01:58 AM
The mistake you made was replying to his posts in any shape or form.

Don't worry, been there, done that.
Are you talking about me or Future Esthar? And Im going to have a look at your old threads Future Esthar, sounds interesting.

Future Esthar
06-01-2006, 02:40 AM
What is interesting?Edea being married with Seifer before WOTC?

And the mistake is ignoring my posts just because they sound farfetched.

I am not kidding.I played the game hundreds of times and I really believe on my theories.They have some basis.It is just difficult for me to explain these basis.

Christmas
06-01-2006, 02:47 AM

We rebuke too.

Future Esthar
06-01-2006, 03:06 AM

We rebuke too.

It happens RARELY

Christmas
06-01-2006, 03:10 AM
It happens RARELY

It did happen and sometime happens more than RARELY with you ignoring it of course.