PDA

View Full Version : nergade, phobos and triton.

boys from the dwarf
05-23-2006, 10:22 PM
im stuck on these three right now. ive only tried them twice and im having a lot of trouble. i have a dragoon, a white mage/ time mage, a bare with double sword, store, excalibur and masamune and a black mage/ summoner. are these bosses similar to the magus sisters in FF4. because i noticed when i defeated one of them it revived itself instantly. is there a perticular order or are they like the gargoyle and do they have to be defeated all at the same time. can someone please give me some tips. my characters are level 34 and 35. is this underleveled because ever since world 3 ive not been leveling up very quickly at all and i never run from battles. help please.

Captain Maxx Power
05-24-2006, 12:44 AM
If you have either Death Claw or Odin both can be used to good effect. If not consider that all three are considered to be Undead, so some Cure 3 or Requiem Song may do the trick. Be sure to have some elemental armours equipped that will reduce the damage they do, as well as White Mage or lots of Softs for Delta Attack. Incidentally you have to kill all three of them at once, like the Gargolyes.

Shin Gouken
05-24-2006, 08:01 AM
This is where my FFV single player run is at.

They do all need to be killed at roughly the same time which means to make this easier, use Bolt based attacks to hit all three (as they have different weaknesses) Leviathan, Bahamut and Hydra are the best here if you have any. ( My single player run i have Bahamut already, usually i aquire leviathan before this boss)

Their elements are Fire, Ice and Poisen. So simply by wearing fire rings, you can absorb the flame attacks and negate the ice attacks. If i remember from my previous battles then they will counter with Delta attack (which petrifies) if you kill one and it revives.

When i get back to my single player run (im hoping on the 9th of june to the 16th of june i'll actually be able to finish it) im going to do as Maxx power suggested and quick kill them with Odin (providing i can beat Odin.... im going to attempt to quick kill him with Shoat :D )

boys from the dwarf
05-24-2006, 03:15 PM
so there all undead? thats useful. what do you think about my levels? im on level 35 and 34. are they too low or about right.

Captain Maxx Power
05-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Levels aren't that important in FF5, it's mainly what classes/abilities you have. O and I'd use something other than the Bare until you're at the Cleft. There's no reason not to rake in all the AP coming your way.

Shin Gouken
05-24-2006, 06:56 PM
so there all undead? thats useful. what do you think about my levels? im on level 35 and 34. are they too low or about right.

Those levels are good. You should easily beat X-death with a team of level 40 characters. Although if this boss is giving you trouble then maybe level 50 for him.... and you've still got pheonix tower, lithograph four, and a few levels on the cleft of dimension to gain those levels

boys from the dwarf
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM
im quite an experienced FF player and its not realy my strategys and skills. its just finding how to beat these. the first defeat is because i focussed all attack on one of them and the second was because i sold off most of the items that would be useful for the fight. i think i should leave the area and go find more stuff like odin and leviathan and hydra. BTW. i know where you get hydra but where do you get odin and leviathan? im sure the battle will be much easier with hydra and leviathan.

Shin Gouken
05-24-2006, 07:50 PM
im quite an experienced FF player and its not realy my strategys and skills. its just finding how to beat these. the first defeat is because i focussed all attack on one of them and the second was because i sold off most of the items that would be useful for the fight. i think i should leave the area and go find more stuff like odin and leviathan and hydra. BTW. i know where you get hydra but where do you get odin and leviathan? im sure the battle will be much easier with hydra and leviathan.

Sure, once you lose once you can formulate a strategy for battle two. Its hard to win if you dont know what your fighting as you'll be unprepared :)

Odin is in the basement of Val castle.... to get there go in jahcol/jachol (or whatever :P) cave and follow through to where there is a dead end. You can climb that wall into val castle. Head down and save once your inside as Odin may be tricky seeing as you have just 60seconds to beat him.

Leviathan appears after you aquire lithograph four. IMO he's easier to get to and easier to defeat.

boys from the dwarf
05-24-2006, 09:01 PM
as usual im assuming odins weakness is lightning. ill leave and get odin and hydra and then i think ill do much better against the three. thanks yall. theyll be defeated before the end of tomorrow. im sure of it.

Shin Gouken
05-24-2006, 09:18 PM
lightening is effective because its quick. He absorbs holy just so you know, so unequip that holy lance and excalibur.

Good luck and keep us posted :greenie:

rubah
05-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I fought these today. I think I just mimed bahamut a time or two 8) or maybe a third level elemental spell !X-cast on all three of them.

I've gained about four levels since I started world three, and everyone except lenna is level 44.

Seriously, go get bahamut, reflect his megaflare with carbuncle, and you'll be set:D get gogo for good measure. You might be well off to go the last lithograph; I did that xD

Also, if you get Gogo, you can work on mastering mime(phoenix tower magic pots beg for miming elixirs:]) and you'll get the innate abilities from your mastered classes; it's nice to have bartz or faris jump in front of someone I just revived:]

boys from the dwarf
05-24-2006, 10:49 PM
what i want to know is how to get the black chocobo in mirage town so i can actually get to bahamut. im sure bahamut wont be a must have for the boss battle im on right now but i still want to know how to get him. thanks in advance and thanks for all of your help and support.

Shin Gouken
05-24-2006, 11:39 PM
what i want to know is how to get the black chocobo in mirage town so i can actually get to bahamut. im sure bahamut wont be a must have for the boss battle im on right now but i still want to know how to get him. thanks in advance and thanks for all of your help and support.

Ah lets see if i can remember.... ok i think you need to go into the pub via a back entrance (all the buildings have a secret entrance somewhere whether it be outside the building, inside or via a completely out of the way route) The secret entrance is along the top/back of the pub. Once inside i think it's a simple case of follow the way forward. then check some doors and have the theif ability "secret" on to see secret passages.

As for bahamut... he should be INCREDABLEY easy!! He's the slowest boss in the game. Have someone hold masamune for initiative then have that character cast Haste2. Your characters should easily manage 2 turns each before he attacks again, and casting carbunkle will score you extra damage on him when he casts Megflare. Go get him, then as Rubah suggesting retrieve the Mime crystal shard, then you can summon him and mime him :greenie:

rubah
05-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Pretty much you walk into town, up the stairs, all the way you can left, then hit down and you'll be on the inside of the pub. Go through the stairway to the left, then down, down down, then you'll be outside, go to the trees off to the left and catch the sucker. And don't ever land in the Ancient forest if you value your chocobo :p

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2006, 08:13 AM
well. with this knowledge and bahamut being as easy as ever i dont see how ill lose to these guys now. ill keep you updated and tell you when i win.
EDIT: i believe the correct term is "booya"! with bahamut the battle was quite easy. the heavy damaging attack to the entire party were the main problem but i had a little bit higher health than last time. now im trying to find my way into the waterfall. ive tried the airship and yellow chocobo and still nothing. i doubt the black chocobo would help me get there either. do i need to do the pheonix tower first or it that just optional? and in jacole cave. when i get to the point where there are a lot of switches and i pull one, the door still stays locked. what am i doing wrong?
EDIT: i am now on leviathan. his tidal wave attack is the main problem. he sometimes does three attacks in a row and if 2 or 3 of them are tidal waves its means serious trouble. i was wondering if those attacks would be reflected if i used carbuncle. i shouldnt be stuck here for long if using carbuncle works. well carbuncle didnt work and now im pretty clueless. it may be worth getting to a higher level but my main problem is just the tidal wave attack. are there any items that protect or completely nulify leviathans tidal wave?