PDA

View Full Version : What determines HP gain

james 14
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
When you gain a level what determines how much HP a character will gain? Is it something random or is it something else that can be seen in their status screen? I used to think it was according the character's vitality but I'm not so sure anymore.

Tempest
05-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I used to thing it was vitality too, but it ain't. It's just a set number the hp goes up. In the early levels it's low and as the party grows stronger the hp goes up higher. Everytime they hit level 99 their hp is roughly the same as always. So, yeah. :)

Mirage
05-24-2006, 12:07 AM
There are items like Golden Apple that will increase your HP by 100 or something. There's a similiar item for MP. Other than that, I think it's just level and job based.

Captain Maxx Power
05-24-2006, 12:39 AM
HP is indeed based primarily upon the individual character. There are a few interesting irks to HP gain also. For example, Yang will never go over 6000 HP, and will stop increasing at level 60. In contrast, Cid is the only character to always have 9999 HP at level 99. MP also follows some odd patterns. Notably Tellah will never go beyond 90, but this is to stop him using Meteo early on in the game for storyline purposes. FuSoYa will also only start gaining MP at level 71.

Tempest
05-24-2006, 12:53 AM
HP is indeed based primarily upon the individual character. There are a few interesting irks to HP gain also. For example, Yang will never go over 6000 HP, and will stop increasing at level 60. In contrast, Cid is the only character to always have 9999 HP at level 99. MP also follows some odd patterns. Notably Tellah will never go beyond 90, but this is to stop him using Meteo early on in the game for storyline purposes. FuSoYa will also only start gaining MP at level 71.
About Yang, even in the GBA version, does his hp stop at 6000? I know it does in the SNES version and I haven't finished the GBA version to find out if it goes higher then that.

Evastio
05-24-2006, 01:05 AM
About Yang, even in the GBA version, does his hp stop at 6000? I know it does in the SNES version and I haven't finished the GBA version to find out if it goes higher then that.
It does. For me his HP was at 5931 at level 99.

Tempest
05-24-2006, 01:23 AM
It does. For me his HP was at 5931 at level 99.
That's retarded. Thanks Evastio. :D

Darth Cid
05-25-2006, 03:56 AM
Zidane: Yeah, for me it stayed at 6099, but a silver apple pushed it to 6149, now it's stuck there, by the way, if I recall SilverApples, Gold Apples, and Soma Drops are only available in the PS1 and GBA verisons, so if you're playing the original SNES verison you shouldn't expect to find these items, just as a heads up.