PDA

View Full Version : Weapon levels...?

RyanML
05-24-2006, 01:41 AM
what levels should i be to fight the emerald weapon and the ruby weapon im in the 70s now with my main guys but i cant seem to make a scratch on either of em.

any help?, im not too concerned with the ruby weapon as i know hes really hard even when you are really high levels, but the emerald weapon is supposidly quite a bit easier... so yeah any help?

HolyMackeral
05-24-2006, 05:49 AM
There are a couple of tricks to beating both which should allow you to do them at your current levels.

For Emerald weapon you can take advantage of its 'Aire Tam Storm' and lucky 7s to win fairly comfortably but it does take a certain amount of luck.

Have one character with max hp of 9999 and only 2 materia equiped. (2x1111 = 2222 and 9999 - 2222 = lucky sevens). Id recommend a mime and HP plus.
For the other 2 it doesnt really matter but aslong as one has mime, and the other has w-summon + KotR, it will work.
Basically you'll start off w-summoning KotR, then miming for a total of 6 summons. Once each person has done their two summons they should focus on keeping the pre-designated lucky-seven'er at full hp, so when the time comes for Air Tam Storm it takes him/her down to 7777 hp and then you can just sit back and watch as the single handedly (almost) take down Emerald Weapon.

Ruby is a little different, because the best way of beating them is to use only one character. Equip that char with Mystile and a weapon of your choice, and make sure to have w-summon and KotR linked with hp-absorb as with Emerald. (Or master summon materia if you get them from the Kalm Traveller - then you can link mp turbo with KotR and hp-absorb with master summon). Mime is also a must. Simply put:
-Enter battle, Ruby will bury its claws.
-W-Summon KotR, target claws with first summon, body with second.
-Spam mime every turn and hope that Mystile causes Ultima to miss (if not the hp absorbed should keep youy alive

Comes down to perserverance and luck. Just hang in there and they'll both be dead before you know it.

Emerald weapon
05-24-2006, 09:55 PM
for emerald have

quadra magic+demi and w-magic it,it will take 8x9999 then mime it so thts 16x9999,theres a nifty trick for you

Uhanimar
05-24-2006, 10:59 PM
I've been told by quite a few people about ruby:

Dazers

That is all. ;)

W-item trick on the dazers. Dazer him, KOTR twice and or other things, repeat. :greenie:

RyanML
05-24-2006, 11:18 PM
how do you get quadra magic?

Uhanimar
05-25-2006, 03:54 AM
It's in a cave near mideel. But i think you need a black chocobo of something.

HolyMackeral
05-25-2006, 05:28 AM
I've been told by quite a few people about ruby:

Dazers

That is all. ;)

W-item trick on the dazers. Dazer him, KOTR twice and or other things, repeat. :greenie:

True, Ruby is for some reason NOT immune to stop, so either Dazers or Hades summon would work, but then you are in for a long fight

Omega weapon123
05-26-2006, 01:14 AM
I have a tough time on emerald and ruby too, but i don't have the materia yall mentioned like mime and w-summon( Ihave Wmagic and double cut and 9,999 hp characters each)