PDA

View Full Version : >> Expired Food..

black orb
05-24-2006, 04:47 AM
>>> Do you have problems with expired food?..
I always get sick because I never pay attention to the expiring dates (its a pain).. I also make the mistake to buy food and store it for months, and I hate to throw my precious food to the trash can.. :mad:

Skarr
05-24-2006, 04:52 AM
I hate to buy milk. Only because it expires in like a week and half, so I feel that I have to drink it or waste it (which I hate).

rubah
05-24-2006, 04:57 AM
then buy smaller quantities of milk.

They sell it in pints quarts and gallons after all!

My friend who worked at McDonalds for the best part of a year was sharing at lunch yesterday about how they left meat on a shelf for long periods of time, longer than they were supposed too;o The place I work sacrifices time for quality and cooks everything right thenxD

black orb
05-24-2006, 05:03 AM
I hate to buy milk. Only because it expires in like a week and half, so I feel that I have to drink it or waste it (which I hate).
>>> I have the same problem, I like milk, fruits, tomato sauce, etc.. All the good stuff expires quickly and im not willing to go to the grocery store/supermarket that often..

41-Inches-Wide
05-24-2006, 05:07 AM
There's a trick how to keep fruits fresh especially opened ones. I think it involves a bowl of charcoal.

Milk. I have problems with that too especially Fresh Milks. They'd smell like everything rotten in the world when expired.

LunarWeaver
05-24-2006, 06:07 AM
Once I drank really, really old milk...and it was delicious. I named it cottage cheese and made lots of money.

Other then that, my bananas become black the second I look away from them. Damn bananas.

Miriel
05-24-2006, 06:09 AM
I drank expired milk before and ever since then, I've had a semi-phobia about expired food. If I even suspect that something might be expired, I won't touch it. Even if it's not past the expiration date, I still won't touch it if I think it's been in the fridge too long. So a lot of times, I chuck things that were perfectly fine to eat just cause I don't want to risk it.

41-Inches-Wide
05-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Ah yes, that wilty banana! :D
Nothing can ever make that stubborn fruit become fresh again.

localflick
05-24-2006, 06:22 AM
I've seen people microwave stale potato chips to make them seem fresh. The first couple times my friend did it, it was okay (though I didn't eat any), then he put a batch in too long, and, well, chips burn fast in the microwave.:( At least he wasn't dumb enough to put the foil bag in the microwave. That would've sucked!

DeathKnight
05-24-2006, 07:03 AM
*laughs at thread starter*...sorry, hmmm just eat your foods as soon as you get 'em. And yes, thank god for "expiring date" prints.

FallenAngel411
05-24-2006, 07:12 AM
My bananas are in my tummy the moment I leave the grocery store. In fact, sometimes all out cashier has to scan is the peel. :3

Ki Ki
05-24-2006, 07:24 AM
I only have problems with stale rice. It's a very bad thing to eat stale rice.
And the thing about rice is that if you leave it out in the open it gets stale very quickly and you can't really tell if it's stale or not.
Luckily I've only seen someone die of stale rice. :D (just kidding)
But I saw someone in much pain because of it!! )<

DeathKnight
05-24-2006, 07:27 AM
My bananas are in my tummy the moment I leave the grocery store. In fact, sometimes all out cashier has to scan is the peel. :3

hehe, cute:D

Jojee
05-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Expired apple juice has a kinda soda-y taste to it o_0 But my parents made me drink that when I was younger cos' they didn't wanna waste it D=

Me, I always check expiration dates :</>D I'm picky... I don't eat stuff that has been sitting there opened for too long either, even if it doesn't expire... like cereal O_O;; I'm afraid that a spider or cockroach will have crawled into it... or something creepy like that.

41-Inches-Wide
05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
OMG to your parents! D=

Yuna-Lenne
05-24-2006, 04:20 PM
My dad once gave my mum some lobster tails that were 6 weeks out of date, and she hasn't trusted him with food since. Luckily she didn't even get ill.

Cz
05-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I ate a lasagne yesterday that was one day past the expiry date, and I'm not dead yet. :p

project X
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm really weird when it comes to expired foods. If ANYTHING is past the expired date, I just won't eat it. My parents are the type who don't want to waste ANYTHING, no matter how expired (we have year old frappuchinos in our fridge) so we clash often. :tongue:

ekinserge
05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
there is once...
my mother cook some chicken with an expired chilly sauce...
the colour of that sauce is black...
because it's already cooked, we just eat it...
and nothing happen...

~SapphireStar~
05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I also make the mistake to buy food and store it for months, and I hate to throw my precious food to the trash can..
Thats me, it annoys me when I have to throw food away, now I make sure I look at the date. I once bought a pack of Malteasers from a newsagents once and the chocolate had white specks all over it! It was over 4 months over its sell by date! My dad was going crazy because I could have gotten very ill from it.

Mirage
05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I usually buy food that will last for a while, like hermetics, noodles, pasta and forzen pizza. When it comes to milk, i usually buy a kind with slight strawberry flavour added, so i drink it up in like a day. talking about one litre cartons now.

Old Manus
05-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I send it to charities.

Mokoto
05-24-2006, 05:30 PM
I go to a shop thats near me and i buy food thats past the expired date because they put it really cheap and i have no problems after.

rubah
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I drank expired milk before and ever since then, I've had a semi-phobia about expired food. If I even suspect that something might be expired, I won't touch it. Even if it's not past the expiration date, I still won't touch it if I think it's been in the fridge too long. So a lot of times, I chuck things that were perfectly fine to eat just cause I don't want to risk it.
me too;o I'm forever telling my dad that something in our house smells/tastes sour and he never believes me, but lately it was milk and it was horrible;o Made them buy new gallons and instantly it was fixed. Wonder what that was~

Tavrobel
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Expiration dates are more like guidelines.
I mean, milk remains good for up to a week after it "expires".

I Took the Red Pill
05-24-2006, 08:29 PM
I hate pouring a nice tall glass of orange juice I just got the same day and realize it was already hard.

Reles
05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
I've never liked the taste of milk, but yet I've never really liked the taste of expired milk, I dubbed it the worst taste in the whole entire world. And the smell, oh god, the smell. x.x I'd rather staple myself in the eyes.

The only time I'll eat expired food is when I'm working and starving because I had eaten dinner before I came in for the 6 hour shift. I scream to Jeremiah to get me expired food (since that's the only free kind we can have) and so far I've only had one problem with it.

Perducci
05-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I found half an Easter egg under my desk once. It was in like, November, so i'm pretty sure it was way out of date.

I ate it anyway.

Chris
05-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I never buy, nor do I drink milk. You can never be certain about milk where I live (especially since there are no cows here). <<

Mirage
05-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Expiration dates are more like guidelines.
I mean, milk remains good for up to a week after it "expires".
It's more to prevent themselves against lawsuits :p.

dodhungry
05-24-2006, 11:17 PM
I am glad dots and ghosties never go expired......

I work at Kroger at ha ha ha if yall only knew how much expired food that is thrown away everyday in the store......

StarChild
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
just recently I came home from college, and my mom poured me a glass of milk and she didn't know it was expired...and I took a sip, and it was...so gross. and that's putting it nicely.

Levian
05-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Vanilla yoghurt is kinda tricky since it's supposed to be tasting a bit sour. The lumps usually gives it away though.

Reeno the Alchemist
05-25-2006, 01:22 AM
i hate it i can eat or drink anything w/out checking first one time at school they gave me expired yogurt friggin piece of crap my schools to poor to buy new yogurt X(