PDA

View Full Version : Kids and Bitches

Ashley Schovitz
05-24-2006, 09:37 PM
How has the word kid grown to be used to much today, that we're referring to our children as kids. You may or may not know, but the word kid means baby goat, so why are we calling our children baby goats, it doesn't make since!? I am offended when someone calls me a kid because I am in no relation to a goat. The word bitch means female dog , but it is mainly known to be an insult, sometimes women use it casually to greet each other, but the point remains that they treat Bitch as a curse word and kid not when thet both are referring people as animals. In my opinion they should unban bitch and ban kid. Mybe it's the way the words sound to make them banned rather than the meaning, but I don't judge a word by how it sounds, but by the meaning., and my case stands if bitch is considered profanity, then kid should be too!

Old Manus
05-24-2006, 09:41 PM
It makes no since at all.

bipper
05-24-2006, 09:45 PM
If you had kids you would understand.:eek:

Zeromus_X
05-24-2006, 09:45 PM
If words still retained their original meanings, then we wouldn't be saying alot more words that are in our everyday speech.

Madame Adequate
05-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I wonder what the animal name for made-up spouse is? Guess it wouldn't make much since anyway.

rubah
05-24-2006, 09:53 PM
We call people duckies, pups, lambs, etc. Why should kid be singled out?

If bitch were no longer demeaning, than neither would be calling someone a 'filthy dog'.

SammieBabe
05-24-2006, 10:35 PM
If you had kids you would understand.:eek:

Exactly.

Denmark
05-24-2006, 11:06 PM
some of the responses in this thread make no sense to me.

why is fuck considered vulgar but fornicate is not? they mean the same thing. /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif versus excrement also.

Rye
05-24-2006, 11:07 PM
some of the responses in this thread make no sense to me.

why is smurf considered vulgar but fornicate is not? they mean the same thing. /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif versus excrement also.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/excrement.jpg

LunarWeaver
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Because we don't like memorization so we give multiple meanings to words. If it's in the dictionary, it is technically correct...After all, people give meaning to words not words meaning to themselves.

The true question is, why isn't 'Phlegm' just spelled 'Flem'

Ashley Schovitz
05-24-2006, 11:27 PM
I thought that I would get better responses from this thread.

eestlinc
05-24-2006, 11:32 PM
I wonder what the animal name for made-up spouse is? Guess it wouldn't make much since anyway.
xD

kid:
the young of the goat. It was much used for food (Gen. 27:9; 38:17; Judg. 6:19; 14:6). The Mosaic law forbade to dress a kid in the milk of its dam, a law which is thrice repeated (Ex. 23:19; 34:26; Deut. 14:21). Among the various reasons assigned for this law, that appears to be the most satisfactory which regards it as "a protest against cruelty and outraging the order of nature." A kid cooked in its mother's milk is "a gross, unwholesome dish, and calculated to kindle animal and ferocious passions, and on this account Moses may have forbidden it. Besides, it is even yet associated with immoderate feasting; and originally, I suspect," says Dr. Thomson (Land and the Book), "was connected with idolatrous sacrifices."
- Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

theundeadhero
05-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Maybe I like being called a baby goat!

Reles
05-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Words have multiple meanings, if you're calling your child a kid, it means they're a child, not a baby goat.

T-MaN
05-24-2006, 11:34 PM
People have just gotten used to saying "Kid", and it has become a part of our "allowable" vocabulary. "Bit--" on the other hand is taken more of an insult to the most part of today's society, and is therefore not used as an "allowable" word. If society were to get used to the term bit--, then it will no longer be taken as profanity.

Ashley Schovitz
05-24-2006, 11:46 PM
xD

kid:
the young of the goat. It was much used for food (Gen. 27:9; 38:17; Judg. 6:19; 14:6). The Mosaic law forbade to dress a kid in the milk of its dam, a law which is thrice repeated (Ex. 23:19; 34:26; Deut. 14:21). Among the various reasons assigned for this law, that appears to be the most satisfactory which regards it as "a protest against cruelty and outraging the order of nature." A kid cooked in its mother's milk is "a gross, unwholesome dish, and calculated to kindle animal and ferocious passions, and on this account Moses may have forbidden it. Besides, it is even yet associated with immoderate feasting; and originally, I suspect," says Dr. Thomson (Land and the Book), "was connected with idolatrous sacrifices."
- Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

That's all well and good, but where's your opinion on this?