PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Wii

Carmilla
05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
I just realized the amount of imagination and capabilities that Final Fantasy can use with the Wii.

Slicing the controller through the air to have your main character attack with his sword.

Steering a chocobo with nothing but movements.

Using the 'zapper' for a gunners gauntlet minigame.

Flying bahamut with the controller.

A monk using hand to hand techniques by doing punching motions.

etc.

Im not too excited with FF 13 as it is. While FF 10 was great, it was more of a movie in spots than a game.

Heres hoping that Final Fantasy 14 is brought to the Wii with unique gameplay instead of sitting back and watching a pretty cutscene every 15 minutes of play time. :mog:

Shoeberto
05-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Discussion like this would fit best in Gen FF :)

Carmilla
05-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Before reading your post, i realized that and tried to delete/move it.

Sorry. :p

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I think someone should make a FPRPG, first person RPG

the Wii would prolly be the best

THE JACKEL

Roto13
05-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Those were actually pretty popular, back in the day.

Sephex
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I think Square-Enix--or any popular developer--should make an original game for the Wii. I mean, it is tempting to see what current franchises would be like on the Wii, but I personally would like to see fresh games.

Crossblades
05-25-2006, 12:07 AM
I just realized the amount of imagination and capabilities that Final Fantasy can use with the Wii.

Slicing the controller through the air to have your main character attack with his sword.

Steering a chocobo with nothing but movements.

Using the 'zapper' for a gunners gauntlet minigame.

Flying bahamut with the controller.

A monk using hand to hand techniques by doing punching motions.

That seems cool and all, but it seems kinda hard to control a character like that. Then again, Super Mario Galaxies is pretty similar, so SE will pull it off somehow:)

Griff
05-25-2006, 01:41 AM
make it somehow along the lines of ff8, that way we could have gunblade action with slashing and shooting at the same time

DJZen
05-25-2006, 01:45 AM
We'll see how the idea is recieved when Dragon Quest Swords hits the market.

ljkkjlcm9
05-25-2006, 05:30 AM
yes well, I think it could be done really well with the Wii, the controller could be your sword weapon for battles

THE JACKEL

PontiusPilate
05-26-2006, 02:12 AM
I think Wii's major downfall is going to be the same as Gamecube. Nintendo's game, unlike the system itself, is probably the most unoriginal system for games. They basically recycle the same games over and over (dont get me wrong when nintendo does reuse games they do it well). Although they are good games, i really want just a tad bit more variety in games other than Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Starfox (starfox being the only one out of the four that now sucks)

ljkkjlcm9
05-26-2006, 02:40 AM
I think Wii's major downfall is going to be the same as Gamecube. Nintendo's game, unlike the system itself, is probably the most unoriginal system for games. They basically recycle the same games over and over (dont get me wrong when nintendo does reuse games they do it well). Although they are good games, i really want just a tad bit more variety in games other than Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Starfox (starfox being the only one out of the four that now sucks)

that wasn't a major downfall, those were the biggest selling games, and now with Fire Emblem stateside, that's another huge seller. While you may not like these games, I still do, as do a large number of other gamers. In fact, very few games now are completely original. Most are just copies of one another even if it is a "new" title. I mean seriously think about it, what is actually a new game? Most are direct ripoffs of one another.

Actually Nintendo does come out with new games when given new technology. I mean a bunch of DS games are completely original, and you can expect a lot of the same concept with the Wii.

THE JACKEL

Galbadian Soldier
05-26-2006, 09:04 AM

I find this statement to be very.... ironic and a little ignorant.Ok so I'm not disrespecting or bashing FF but, how many games and spin off's have there been(and to come, just look at FF VII and XIII) and you're talking about recycling stuff?!?! The battle systems in FF were practically the same for about 8 or 9 of all the games!!! the stories were the practically the same too!!(group of friends battle evil bad guy(or woman) who wants to destroy or take over the world) yes Nintendo is the ONLY one who recycles stuff. :laugh:

Now to your " i really want just a tad bit more variety in games other than Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Starfox"

The only thing I agree with this is Mario has been whored out way too much( there were too many crappy Mario Party and sports games).

Metroid: There were only two Metroid games on the GC and like what.. 10 years since the last game before them?

Zelda: There were like two maybe three at most during the GC's time and only one true game and that was Wind Waker.

Star Fox:There were like two of them I think. Starfox Assault and one made by Rare before they left, I forgot the name though :p

So please don't make ignorant statements saying nintendo is doing something "bad" while supporting another company who is doing the exact same thing.:screwy:

On topic: Can't wait for Final Fantasy for the Wii!! If FF:CC is online it's going to be total gaming bliss!!! :love:

P.S Didn't mean to sound defensive or anything but seeing something so hypocritical pissed me off :D

PontiusPilate
05-27-2006, 06:41 PM
You misunderstood me. I don't care if they keep remaking more mario or metroid or w.e, but i want more. GC has more types of games, but alot of them suck or are already on other systems. I'm sick of going to the game store and basically only having 4 main choices of types of games i want. Sure FF has tons of games for the ps2, but ps2 has sooo many other game choices than that. All i ask for is variety. Enix makes games, Nintendo makes the systems and choses what games go on it. totally different.

Mirage
05-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Those Morrowind and Oblivion games can be played in first person view... They're still pretty popular.

DJZen
05-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I think Wii's major downfall is going to be the same as Gamecube. Nintendo's game, unlike the system itself, is probably the most unoriginal system for games.

Umm... How much have you read about the Wii?

PontiusPilate
05-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Not read, watched. I watched all of E3 and i basically saw the same kinds of games i saw on the gc and some random other new ones that im assuming will probably suck just because other than Metroid, starfox, mario and Zelda, GC basicall has no good orginal games

ljkkjlcm9
05-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Not read, watched. I watched all of E3 and i basically saw the same kinds of games i saw on the gc and some random other new ones that im assuming will probably suck just because other than Metroid, starfox, mario and Zelda, GC basicall has no good orginal games
no, see those are the highlighted games. They have plenty of other games, including exclusive ones, most notably Red Steel.

THE JACKEL

Fantasy Fan
05-28-2006, 09:41 PM
final fantasy on the wii would be so cool! :D

PontiusPilate
05-29-2006, 01:28 AM
no, see those are the highlighted games. They have plenty of other games, including exclusive ones, most notably Red Steel.

THE JACKAL

Yeah, the same goes for the GC. But most of those games turned out to be rubbish. Who knows maybe they won't, but just from what i've seen from the GC i don't have high hopes for the Wii.

ljkkjlcm9
05-29-2006, 02:18 AM

THE JACKAL

Yeah, the same goes for the GC. But most of those games turned out to be rubbish. Who knows maybe they won't, but just from what i've seen from the GC i don't have high hopes for the Wii.
that's funny for you, because both Sony and Microsoft are showing respect for the Wii

THE JACKEL

PontiusPilate
05-29-2006, 02:24 AM

THE JACKAL

that's funny for you, because both Sony and Microsoft are showing respect for the Wii

THE JACKAL

And can i see proof of this?

Mirage
05-29-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm amazed you don't know already.

ljkkjlcm9
05-29-2006, 04:32 AM
proof.... fine
Nintendo has recently been barraged with kind comments by its closest competitors, Microsoft and Sony. During an interview with Reuters at E3 last week, Microsoft's Corporate Vice President, Peter Moore, made a swipe at Sony saying, "Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3? People are ... going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3. People will always gravitate toward a competitively priced product -- like what I believe Wii will be -- with innovative new designs and great intellectual property like Mario, Zelda and Metroid."

Sony, for their part, responded to Microsoft's barb in an interview with GamePro. "I think Peter Moore is exactly right," said Sony exec, Phil Harrison. "I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3. I haven't had a chance to check out the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so."

THE JACKEL

PontiusPilate
05-29-2006, 04:52 AM
Well I guess the bottom line is, we'll see when they come out. I know that when DS came out with all of it's special features, most games failed miserably at making a game that actually takes advantage of the touch screen. Then I added the fact that GC never had a good variety of good games and I came to the conclusion that Nintendo Wii will probably do the same thing

DJZen
05-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Well I guess the bottom line is, we'll see when they come out. I know that when DS came out with all of it's special features, most games failed miserably at making a game that actually takes advantage of the touch screen. Then I added the fact that GC never had a good variety of good games and I came to the conclusion that Nintendo Wii will probably do the same thing

Why do I have to do this all the time...

Kirby: Canvas Curse, Trauma Center, Pheonix Wright, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Rub Rabbits... The list goes on. Point being, there's plenty of good things going on for the DS whether or not you choose to acknowledge that, and there's more features than just a touch screen to be taken advantage of on the DS such as the microphone. So far on the Wii we've (yes, I neglected to make the pun) seen very interesting potential ideas of how the controller can be used, and initial reports are that the games make excellent and intuitive use of the wiimote. You should really do some more reading on the console.

PontiusPilate
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
This the average score people gave to these games (from gamerankings.com)

Metroid Prime Hunters 8.6/10
Pheonix Wright 8.4/10
Trama Center 8.4/10
Kirby Canvas Curse 8.5/10
Rub Rabbits 7.9/10

And I wish the list went on, but it doesn't.

Not one of those "great games" even came close to a 9/10. Thats only good, not great. Why in the hell would i ever get "good" games when i can bet "great" games. Oh, it looks like 4 games got around a 9.0, but wait their all either mario or remakes.

Again, we'll see how the games are when the Wii comes out

ljkkjlcm9
05-29-2006, 11:02 PM
This the average score people gave to these games (from gamerankings.com)

Metroid Prime Hunters 8.6/10
Pheonix Wright 8.4/10
Trama Center 8.4/10
Kirby Canvas Curse 8.5/10
Rub Rabbits 7.9/10

And I wish the list went on, but it doesn't.

Not one of those "great games" even came close to a 9/10. Thats only good, not great. Why in the hell would i ever get "good" games when i can bet "great" games. Oh, it looks like 4 games got around a 9.0, but wait their all either mario or remakes.

Again, we'll see how the games are when the Wii comes outif you want to base your opinion on other people fine be that way. Honestly I only have one of those games in my library of 10 DS games. I have Metroid Prime Hunters and it is a GREAT game for multiplayer.
so my list is:
Metroid Hunters... I say is great for multiplayer
Meteos Amazing game, definitely great, and only do-able with the touch screen
Mario Kart, Also great
Advance Wars Dual Strike... the best of the series, another great game, and it uses the touch screen well
Age of Empires, obviously I like strategy war games, it's good, but AWDS is better
Megaman BN 5 Double Team: Good cause it's two in one and the menu's used through the touch screen work really well
Mario + Luigi: great game, except kinda short, uses both screens well
Lost Magic: Truly great game, and requires the touch screen as well
Mario 64 DS, cause it came with it, but it is a great game.

SO of all my games, most of them are great games. And my favorite ones, Meteos, Lost Magic, and Metroid Hunters, all use the touch screen really well and are great games, and only one is of a popular franchise.....

THE JACKEL