PDA

View Full Version : E3 English Trailer!

jj984jj
05-24-2006, 11:23 PM
OMG! A few minutes after I made my last post this trailer pops out of nowhere. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evB76a6jV (http://youtube.com/watch?v=evB76a6jV_4)

It's really bad quality, but you get to hear the voices anyway. Looks great imo. :D

BTW, I'd recommend not watching it if you don't want to know about the story since it does spoil a lot of it. I just posted the trailer for those of you who are interested in how the voices sound.

Edit: Clear version uploaded:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iqJ-9UI-qAw

Sephex
05-24-2006, 11:53 PM
That's pretty much how I expected the voices to sound. I can't give real impressions untill I play that game, though. They do sound like they will fit in alright.

Rostum
05-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Looks good, but... why would a trailer spoil the game?

jj984jj
05-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Looks good, but... why would a trailer spoil the game?
Lots of the story is given away there... if you can understand they are saying.

Khaotic
05-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Is it just me or do they sound like star wars characters?

LunarWeaver
05-25-2006, 01:52 AM
I listened just long enough to get some voices in my head... I'm allergic to spoilers of any kind, even the innocent ones.

I thought they sounded really good though. I love Kari!

Final Fantasy XII is NOT Star Wars!

XII was made before Star Wars, but because Square can travel through time it only seems like it's coming after when it isn't. I wish people would read the Square Can Time-Travel FAQ before making such comments. *Denial Alert*

Khaotic
05-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Ummm... Maybe you should re read what I said, I simply just said they sound like Star Wars characters, how is that in any relevence to what you said? So if I said Dragon Ball Z sounds like Pokemon, does that mean DBZ is copying pokemon now? Lighten up alittle. :mad:

LunarWeaver
05-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Ummm... Maybe you should re read what I said, I simply just said they sound like Star Wars characters, how is that in any relevence to what you said? So if I said Dragon Ball Z sounds like Pokemon, does that mean DBZ is copying pokemon now? Lighten up alittle. :mad:

O_O

I was just joking, no I don't really believe that Square traveled through time 30+ years and that Final Fantasy XII predates Star Wars. Don't worry, I never make sense to myself either.

Don't make me Roffel your Noffel!

Sephex
05-25-2006, 07:24 AM

I was actually going to say that. I didn't want to get beat up, though. Seriously. It could suck. What the hell is wrong with me today?

Khaotic
05-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Really does though, especially with that part with the guy who looks like.. uh... darth someone.. the old guy <.< i'll get a screen shot in a few minutes. Nevermind, different video, don't wanna watch the whole thing again :p

crazybayman
05-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Funny, I didn't once think about Star Wars while watching that trailer.

Although during that sequence when the airship was escaping the explosion cloud I did see a similarity to FFX (when they were escaping the destruction of "Home".

It sounds awesome, though. The voices fit great. It just got me excited about this game all over again.

Yeah, the Japanese trailers have been out for sometime now, but the japanese voices really didn't suit these caucasion-esque characters at all, even with the text right there on the screen. Therefore, the trailers didn't get my pumped like this one does. Their voices fit really well, and they really appeal to me.

And Vaan doesn't sound like a little boy!! :p

And Basch seems to be the honorable, @$$-kicking machine I hoped for :p .

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM
seems as it was bad quality i didnt really notice any spoilers. looks great. im looking forwards to it loads. some could say that characters having voices sort of ruins the feel of RPGs but i think this looks like it will have great gameplay. brilliant and interesting plot and all the makings of a fantastic game. shame about the release dates though. and i didnt think about star wars at all too. i know that FF has references to star wars but its nothing like start wars really. only small similariies that dont matter.

LunarWeaver
05-25-2006, 05:19 PM
My denial refuses to accept this Star Wars talk! Square owns George Lucas's soul so Lucas copies off of Square! Yes, yes...that's entirely the case :shifty: Mmm Denial tastes like chocolate.

Did you see their facial expressions? They were awesome, and this game started being made 12 decades ago. And I have read a few times the characters barely talk to each other or show emotion and are completely unimportant, but this video kind of proved that untrue to me.

Vaan is a smex machine and I can't wait to control him with my controller. Ashe looks pretty tough too. Was Steve Blum doing Basch? I couldn't tell >_<

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
all the voices were great. vaans was alright and baschs voice suprised me a little bit. the expressions and graphics are geat and im looking forwards to it. seems like a great cast of characters. and the characters move very smoothly which is very impressive.

marc
05-27-2006, 04:27 PM
The British accents gave it a much more epic feel that I can't really explain for some reason.

I thought it was all cool untill Vaans voice came in.
He sounds like a 13 year old Leonardo Di Caprio.

boys from the dwarf
05-27-2006, 09:21 PM
i do prefer the characters to seem less wimpy like tidus did but i cant fairly judge vaan yet. its true that baschs accent makes him seem like a much cooler interesting characters and balthier seems that way two. i like pretty much everyones voice though. although there are complaints against vaans voice it seems like a very good game.

Sephiroths Clone
05-29-2006, 06:26 PM
The voices were ok, but i think that they could have made Basch's voice a bit deeper. And i didnt expect Balthier to have an english accent. But other then that theyre all good. Ashe's voice and penelo fit very well.

IceAngel
05-29-2006, 11:00 PM
I liked the music, the graphics were nice, and the voices fit to me.... I'm looking forward to it now :D!

FallenAngel411
05-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Did not remind me of Star Wars whatsoever... And it looks like its going to be good. I'm excited for it again! Guh September is too far away.

LunarWeaver
05-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Word on the street is Vaan isn't the main character even though Square pushed him as the lead anyway, more of an equal to all thing. So I guess if you don't like his voice it shouldn't be too bad perhaps. Though I don't know that for sure so don't be fooled by my foolishness.

I don't think I heard Fran talk, but I didn't watch the whole thing. She better have a voice like sexy silk, those bunny ears raise my expectations of her.

Rostum
05-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Didn't remind me of Star Wars at all, but some of the songs from the FFXII OST do.

goldraine
05-30-2006, 05:50 AM
Downloadable version kthxbai.

Markus. D
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM
XIIXIIXIIXIIXIIXIIXIIXIIXII

goldraine
05-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Downloadble version found: http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=media/video4

Miriel
05-30-2006, 07:57 PM
The British accents gave it a much more epic feel that I can't really explain for some reason.

I thought it was all cool untill Vaans voice came in.
He sounds like a 13 year old Leonardo Di Caprio.

Exactly!

I'm diggin' the British accents but Vaans voice was "eehhh" and reminded me too much of Tidus.

scooby
05-30-2006, 08:47 PM
The British accents gave it a much more epic feel that I can't really explain for some reason.....Anglophilia? :p

I don't think I heard Fran talk, but I didn't watch the whole thing. She better have a voice like sexy silk, those bunny ears raise my expectations of her.Eh.... *grimaces* I wish. Try..."rasping hag"....

Sadly, I think that anyone hoping for Fran to sound sexy and silky (as she should! :grumble:) had better import the Japanese game....

Japanese-Fran (Rika Fukami) = :love: :love: :love: Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heNufyaV45o&search=final%20fantasy%20XII (mild SPOILERS in video)

Swifthom
05-30-2006, 11:22 PM
It's quite simple really...

This is a story about empires, and what english language dialect do you associate with empire ruling?
British engish, or more particularly southern UK english (although excluding cockneys, absolutely hate them)...
And it gives more variety to the emsembled cast, which is always good. It marks it out as different from SOOO many other video game casts...

It's good, all good I say.
I didnt even notice vaan's voice too much :)

Tainted Angel
05-31-2006, 03:08 AM

"Sky pirates, the future of Demasca will not be stolen *gibberish* and us all(???)"

What was being said?

Vivisteiner
05-31-2006, 08:34 AM
I though Vaans voice was good. Belga's voice (The Judge) and Vosslers were best. Basch's was very good to. Fran's was weird.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-01-2006, 12:06 PM
yea i dont mind the brittish voices actually...their voices kinda manages to look more serious without the 'cheesy' factor of it all (*cough tidus cough*)...hmm not bad

*hears the rest of the movie*

ok im glad i said kinda

still ok though

Sefie1999AD
06-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I watched the English trailer, and it's quite alright. I didn't expect SE to have too good a dub, but the voice acting seemed pretty good, actually. Vaan sounded a bit like Tidus, though his voice wasn't as annoying. It's weird how the Japanese clips I saw made me think Star Wars all the time, but this trailer didn't.

YTDN
06-04-2006, 08:51 AM
English accent > other accents

Dreddz
06-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Seems like Square go for British accents, they had British accents with DQVIII as well. Anyways, looking good, im liking the new voices.

Shiny
06-04-2006, 07:39 PM
The Seeq and Bangaa characters remind me of Star Wars. However, the rest don't. I want to know why all the characters seem to sound so...British? And they talk ALOT. And the character who seems to be modeling L'Oreal shampoo seems like the only brunette in this whole game.

TurkSlayer
06-04-2006, 10:26 PM
I like the accents, personally. But then, I've always like Brittish accents. Vaans is just as I expect, so I'm not really all that upset.I liked Balthier's voice. Fran's was kind of strange though. i didn't think it was bad, just not what I expected. And I know what you mean about Star Wars, though I mostly heard it in Fran.

GajoL
06-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Such crappy music!! it should not be allowed!!:mog: :choc2:

Sefie1999AD
06-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I liked the trailer music. It's what's used of the "Symphonic Poem" song in FFXII, and I thought the "Hope" theme (the last part of the song) is more memorable than the main theme itself.

Hambone
06-21-2006, 03:15 AM
OMFG! I totally changed my mind about FFXII. I am sooo getting it. That girl who slapped that guy sounded like Cassandra from Soul Calibur 2.

farplaner
06-21-2006, 06:17 AM
It looks pretty good...only a few more years until it's released right?

The writing sounded kind of stuffy though..."Go not forth into the bowels of cliche' dialogue delivery!" The violin (or whichever string instrument that was) gave the soundtrack a soft touch. A welcome change from some of the "exotic" sounding stuff from X and X-2.

No.78
06-21-2006, 12:31 PM
That trailer is amazing, and I think Fran sounds amazing too! lol it was funny when Ashe slapped that guy, it was so pathetic :p

CloudedSquall
06-21-2006, 03:14 PM
I really liked that actually. I really cannot wait until it's released, maybe I'll have to get FFXI in the mean time! I thought the voices fit pretty well actually.. and Vaan wasn't TOO whiney and he seems like a better character than Tidus was (although i obviously haven't played FF12 yet.. just general impressions).

Basche looks like a badass and even Ashe seemed cool. Like a female knight! Cool. Just hope the music is great now and each character has development and I will be happy me think :D

Hayabusa
06-21-2006, 05:53 PM
WOW.....I'm impressed with the English voice overs- VERY IMPRESSED - It doesn't sound that bad actually.

~SapphireStar~
06-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I like the sound of it. Its strange hearing real British voices with a Final Fantasy, but it does look and sound pretty decent. Although I dislike Balthier's accent. He sounds too old, I imagined he would have a cheekyish voice.

Such crappy music!! it should not be allowed!!
Wait till you play the game before you judge the OST on a trailer.

Lawr
06-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Fran's voice...ugh...they should have had Storm from
X-Men do it, or Rose from Legend of Dragoon.

~SapphireStar~
06-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Do you mean Storm as in Hallie Berry? I doubt she would do a computer game.

scooby
06-21-2006, 09:41 PM
"That girl" who slapped "that guy"!? Come on, people! It was Ashe (you know - the heroine of the game.... :rolleyes2) who slapped Basch!!! That scene is so great! Ashe is pretty aggressive...which makes a nice change from the passive heroines of past games. Somebody on GameFAQs said that Ashe has "constant PMS". :thumb:

feona17
06-26-2006, 06:59 PM
It looks so awesome, it'll be different playing in a setting like that. The voice acting is good too, for once. Yeah for sure, the airship scene sooo reminded me of FFX, and the Al Bhed airship.

Croyles
06-27-2006, 12:22 AM
It looks and sounds great. The only thing for me is that this game has been delayed so many times that it might be kinda old by the time it comes out here, what with the PS3 looming around the corner, but nontheless, im still excited.

jj984jj
06-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, the game was delayed a lot, but since FFXIII won't come out until at least sometime next year in Japan I don't think the hype for the other upcoming FF games will die down just yet. Definitely more psyched for FFXII and FFIII right now.

Breine
07-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Wow, it both looked and sounded great. So far the voices seem to fit the characters really well, better than the ones in FFX and the graphics are absolutely stunning... Can't wait!

atlanteay
07-12-2006, 04:17 AM
is it just me or does Fran sound like an old lady/ odd? i like the other voices....teh accent is cool

scooby
07-12-2006, 06:14 AM
is it just me or does Fran sound like an old lady/ odd?Fran is an old woman. She is at least 50 years old - and could be over 100....

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
is it just me or does Fran sound like an old lady/ odd? i like the other voices....teh accent is cool

I think Fran just sounded like that because of the voice editing. Her voice wasn't exactly what I had expected a bunny girl to sound like, but it still sounded pretty good. :p

phorcephoenix
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
i loved reading some of these 'i love british accents / british accents in a ff game???' posts..sadly we brits dont sound like that, its quite a stereotyped view..same as i kinda imagine all yanks to speak in a texan accent (sadly, you dont)...and as to 'british accents, ff game???' the only other game that had speaking characters in ff so far has been x/-2 which used all british cast..so...

but im not a fan of the talent that they have got in for the vocals, but thats not going to put me off from buying it (when it finally hits these here shores). the acting on x/-2 wasn't great by anyones imagination, but was bearable..from that trailer it did look quite /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty..but hey. hopefully ill be proveed wroong