PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Sword or Ragnarok?

Sephex
05-25-2006, 12:17 AM
I know it's supposed to be Ragnarok, but I still think that the Crystal Swrod sounds better. I know. I am a crazy dude. So crazy that I used to run around looking for the Crystal Sword when I was a child. It totally ruled. One day, I thought I found it. However, it turned out to be a long piece of glass. I cut up my hand pretty bad, and blood got all over the glass. It was cool, because I kind of made a blood sword. So I struck down the nearest monster and I gained my HP back, thus healing my hand. I can't really remember what else happened that day. But I swear to god I will find the Crystal Sword...someday...

Tempest
05-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Sephex, you're crazy. Seriously, get help. j/k :D

Don't understand why you have all those options but, I like the sound of the Crystal Sword better, too. Ragnarok is so overused in FF's and since the SNES version of FFIV(II) is the one I grew up with, I'm used to Crystal Sword. I can honestly say I was a bit dissapointed when I finally got the sword in the PS version and they changed it.

Darth Cid
05-25-2006, 03:52 AM
Zidane: Crystal Sword, we like the original names of things, but it doesn't because in the remake Lightbringer pwns the sword anyway...well unless the Holy spell activates up against a self-Wall/Reflect using monster.

Sephex
05-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Zidane: Crystal Sword, we like the original names of things, but it doesn't because in the remake Lightbringer pwns the sword anyway...well unless the Holy spell activates up against a self-Wall/Reflect using monster.

True, but I am talking about the versions that aren't FFIVA.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2006, 07:15 AM
"Crystal Sword" sounds generic. An ultimate weapon should have a unique name like Ragnarok.

Zeromus_X
05-25-2006, 07:42 AM
I like them both, although Ragnarok is the real name. A Crystal Sword would look cool, and Ragnarok is Ragnarok. :cat: So I don't really know which one I prefer.

NeoCracker
05-25-2006, 07:49 AM
The funny thing is whoever answered I got to go, my girlfriend just showed up probably doesn't have a girlfriend.

also I'll go Ragnorok, though it should have been named "The Pwner."

Sephex
05-25-2006, 07:52 AM
The funny thing is whoever answered I got to go, my girlfriend just showed up probably doesn't have a girlfriend.

also I'll go Ragnorok, though it should have been named "The Pwner."

Ha ha ha, I actually answered that option because my girlfriend came to my apartment when I was making the poll! She couldn't find the Crystal Sword either.

Crossblades
05-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I prefer the name Ragnarok, because it's a typical FF weapon

Very very true

KH-Cloudy
05-27-2006, 02:20 AM
I don't get it...are they both the same?

Zeromus_X
05-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, Cecil's Ultimate Weapon found in the Core of the Moon. In the NA SNES version, it was renamed 'Crystal Sword', it's original name is 'Ragnarok'. (It's meaning has nothing to do with a sword, but meh.) In the GBA version, they properly named it Ragnarok, and I think the Chronicles version as well.

Still...a glowing crystal sword...:cat:

KoShiatar
05-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Kinda off topic, but in the Italian translation of Final Fantasy IX, some translator changed the Ragnarok to Laguna Rock. :(

DoaJ
06-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Hmmm...funny, I voted that my g/f just showed up...but I dont have one...right now...Im gonna ask out this chick Stacey tomorrow...ot at least try...she's three years older than me...but I'll try Anyways, just for the record, I wouldve voted Ragnarok...but I didnt. I voted the g/f thing...O.o

Giga Guess
07-02-2006, 05:12 PM
"Crystal Sword" sounds generic. An ultimate weapon should have a unique name like Ragnarok.

Agreed.

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Kinda off topic, but in the Italian translation of Final Fantasy IX, some translator changed the Ragnarok to Laguna Rock. :(
Poor, poor translators.

That's still a hilarious name. xD

Sefie1999AD
07-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Crystal Sword is more generic, but it describes the sword better to me. It's a Light-elemental sword that does 9999 HP damage to the undead. Ragnarok is an apocalyptic event or something like that in the Norse mythology, so Ragnarok, while being a cool name for the sword, doesn't really make me think of the ultimate undead killer sword. :D

Lawr
07-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Ragnarok is Hindu or it was EDIT-NORSE-/EDIT (Odin worshipping.) My sources say both.
Either way they are both the 'Apocalypses' in those religions.

After the Ragnarok there will be a new dominant race on Earth.
They will be Giants around 20ft in height they are called The Tengorok.

Tengorok sounds better. Ragnarok reminds me of 'Rock the Dragon'...(ugh old DBZ.)

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
It's also the 'final battle' in Norse Mythology. (Makes sense to me.)

Lawr
07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah when Odin blows everything up.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
07-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Im gonna ask out this chick Stacey tomorrow

Why not Stacy's Mom?

I voted Girlfriend too and im reeeeaaaaaally close to it being true.