PDA

View Full Version : gold chocobo

RyanML
05-25-2006, 03:55 AM
how do you fly on this? i really dont get how to do it?

nvm bout that now, whats the deal with mognet central? is there anything to do here?

annnnd, is there any chance to get that thing you need for steiners excalibur after you have the invincible, they have the same things up for grabs all the time now

Please do not triple post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2006, 07:58 AM
welcome to EoFF. i can tell your new because you just triple posted. use the edit button instead of making loads of posts in a row.
to get a gold chocobo just play chocobo hot and cold until you get a chocograph which has a clue that links up to cleyra. go search nearby cleyra and youll find it and become a light blue chocobo. then go to chocobo forest and mene will tell you about chocobos lagoon. go there and dig for as many chocographs and find them until you find the one that upgrades to red (i dont remember which one though.) and just do them all and youll eventually get the gold chocobo. and if your good at figuring out the clues it shouldnt be hard at all. i think you need a dead pepper and a gold chocobo to get to mognet central. go to the locatin and use a dead pepper and the gold chocobo should fly up. and as for getting the magic fingertip. you need to get unes mirror, dogas artifact, rats tail and one more (i forgot which one.) then sell them in the place near the stellazio collector. then when you return to the auctioning the magic fingerip should be on sale. some of the items you need to sell cant be bought on disk 4 so you may have missed your chance. hope this helped a bit.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-25-2006, 09:19 AM
I last played this game about two years ago so correct me If I'm wrong. You need an item called a Dead Pepper. When you are in the process of acquiring a gold chocobo you will start digging up these items. In order to fly you need to head into a forest (on the world map). Then use the Dead Pepper and you will be able to fly your chocobo

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2006, 04:25 PM
To fly a Gold Chocobo requires only the Gold 'Bo itself...and you on it. Walk into any forest on the map, then press (I haven't played this in a while so correct me if I'm wrong) triangle. The 'Bo will then fly. You can only take off and land in forests. Just a load of trees, not actual important forests. So don't walk into BMV or summat and try to fly...

Mognet Central is a long-term subquest basically. You need to deliver and deliver and keep delivering even after you think you've delivered all the letters, and eventually you get summat blah blah blah hip hip hooray. I never actually did the quest.

To get Excalibur you need to NOT be on Disk 4 (woops for you :D), and like bftd said, you need Une's Mirror, Rat's Tail and Doga's Artifact, all bought from the auction. Then the Magical Fingertip will be available in the auction. Buy that, and give it to an old geezer in Daguerreo. In the library, easy to find.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-25-2006, 04:34 PM
You just press x when you get into a forest with it. That's how you get it to fly. Geez.

TheSpoonyBard
05-25-2006, 04:35 PM
To fly a Gold Chocobo requires only the Gold 'Bo itself...and you on it. Walk into any forest on the map, then press (I haven't played this in a while so correct me if I'm wrong) triangle.
You need to ride the chocob into a forest and press X.

To get Excalibur you need to NOT be on Disk 4 (woops for you :D), and like bftd said, you need Une's Mirror, Rat's Tail and Doga's Artifact, all bought from the auction. Then the Magical Fingertip will be available in the auction. Buy that, and give it to an old geezer in Daguerreo. In the library, easy to find.
The Magical Fingetip only appears in the Auction House on disc 4. Doga's Artifact, Une's Mirror, Griffin's Heart and the Rat Tail are available at all times.

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Ah cheers for corrections.

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2006, 08:36 PM
i dont think that all 4 of these are avaidable on disk 4. do you know this from experience ET or are you just guessing? ive never been able to get all four of them in disk 4.

TheSpoonyBard
05-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Yep, I'm pretty sure they're available on disc 4.

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I could easily check...but unfortunately I am a lazy lazy man.

Hinky the Pickle
05-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Here's the thing about the Magical Fingertip (I learned this from experience). Sometimes no matter how many times you go into the auction house it won't show up. So, here's what you do. Buy those items first and sell them to the noblemen wandering the streets of Treno. Once've done that the Magical Fingertip should become available.

TheSpoonyBard
05-25-2006, 09:38 PM
It's always necessary to buy and sell Doga's Artifact, Rat Tail, Unne's Mirror and Griffin's Heart before the Magical Fingertip will appear. Again, the MF is only available on disc 4 and won't appear before even if you sell the items.

Fantasy Fan
05-25-2006, 10:28 PM
you couldn't fly a chocobo? You don't get mognet? You need "Steiner's excalibur technique"? Ermm, not my problem...

Is there a black chocobo in FFIX?

TheSpoonyBard
05-25-2006, 10:30 PM
No, just yellow, light blue, red, dark blue and gold.

Fantasy Fan
05-25-2006, 10:35 PM
there should be a black chocobo. Like there was in FFV.

And I think it's more cyan than 'light blue'.

Quindiana Jones
05-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, and it's not so much "Gold" as "Shiny Yellow"......

G13
05-31-2006, 07:26 AM
In my game the fat chocobo won't accept Chocy or Bobo or whatever the hell his name is and it's really pissin' me off 'cause I've looked everywhere with the dead pepper and "apparently" I've already found everything and this is really making me MAD!!!!!!!!! *breathing heavily*
:fencing: