PDA

View Full Version : Cid's role in the World of Ruin *SPOILERS*

Sephex
05-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Okay. Seriously. Check this **** out. I think that if you let Cid die, the whole scene is much more emotional and well done. The whole suicide attempt was very dramatic, and it mimicked the whole Opera House thingy. That was very cool. I am a sucker for stuff like that.

You want to know how many times I let Cid live? Once. Why? Because it just sucks! It's a pain in the ass to feed him because it takes him forever to get better (at least for me). Also, when you get him to good health he gets up like nothing happened and pretty much whips the stupid raft at Celes' head and is all like, "Go find your friends, BITCH!"

Now, he says something like "bring back your friends to see me someday". Okay, when I first did that, I thought they would put some emotional scene in, or at least some mini scene where Cid is like, "**** Jim, you found your friends! I knew everything was going to be gravy!" But nooooooo, he is all like, "Okay. Hello."

You would think that he would say, "HOLY ****! GET ME OFF THIS ISLAND WHERE I CAN DO NOTHING! I AM NOT EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO BUILD ANOTHER RAFT! DAMN, CATCHING FISH ****ING SUCKS!"

Plus, it plays "Forever Rachel" when Celes renews her hope that her friends, as well as Locke, is alive if you let Cid die.

blackmage_nuke
05-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Reading that post is about the only thing that made being able to keep cid alive worth while.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Truth. Saving Cid is highly pointless. I guess it was just another unfinished aspect of the game.

tailz
05-25-2006, 11:05 AM
damm why do your polls rule :P

yes i voted that

but i mostly let cid die i find the whole suicide scene to be verry .... well how to say this emotianally (i know i spelled it worng but im to dumb to check it)

boys from the dwarf
05-26-2006, 07:47 AM
i let him live. im so nice :)!

Avarice-ness
05-26-2006, 08:42 AM
And I am totally serious when I say this..
But "Forever Rachel" playing takes the cake every time.
<3.

Captain Maxx Power
05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Some people are just meant to die, for emotional and dramatic reasons. However not everyone agrees with this. Hence we have "saving" options, which, as has been demostrated here, aren't the best course of action considering the primary reason why the person has to die: emotional attachment and motivation.

Roto13
05-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I feel guilty if I let him die.

solidusoul
05-26-2006, 10:20 PM
I feel guilty if I let him die.

Same here.

He only died the first time I played (when I didn't know he could be saved), and that was enough.

Crossblades
05-26-2006, 10:23 PM
It just would be wrong to let him die, so I save him

Avarice-ness
05-26-2006, 10:58 PM
There's the fine line between right and wrong..
And then the finer line between right and "Forever Rachel" and Cid dying.

Let's all do the wrong thing.

Shoeberto
05-31-2006, 03:33 AM
I didn't realize you could let him live, but even if I did, missing out on that cliff scene? Forget that.

rubah
05-31-2006, 08:03 AM
My only wish is that she would have jumped for real.

eestlinc
06-01-2006, 05:55 AM
don't you get the esper faster if you save him, or something?

BustaMo
06-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I actually just went through this part of the game not more than 1 hour ago. I was under the impression that the he died no matter what. Feeding him fish fast lengthened this inevitable process, but was pointless. How the heck can you make him live the rest of the game? I thought he dies anyway in bed there...

Tavrobel
06-04-2006, 04:27 AM
I actually just went through this part of the game not more than 1 hour ago. I was under the impression that the he died no matter what. Feeding him fish fast lengthened this inevitable process, but was pointless. How the heck can you make him live the rest of the game? I thought he dies anyway in bed there...

If you go back once you get the new airship, he will be alive and walking around, offering nothing more than "Thanks for your help, Celes," assuming you bothered to save him.

And no, it doesn't help Esper gain speed because Pallidor is always on the island once you get the airship; Cid has nothing to do with it.

KoShiatar
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
It's kinda strange, since he told you to take Lock there once you met him again. but then if he sees him he has no particular reaction. Mayne it's one of those things they just had to leave out because of matters of time.