PDA

View Full Version : Lost Finale (SPOILERS - Do not enter if you haven't seen it)

Cid
05-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Okay, so, whew! What a finale!

I have to say that I totally called the fact that the plane was brought down by the electro-magnet that was triggered when time ran out. Good stuff.

Anyone have any theories on the upcoming season?

I think that it isn't Walt in the boat with Michael. That would explain the lady who asked Michael all those questions about Walk that he didn't know the answers to. She said "You don't seem to know him at all." Perhaps a clone? Who knows.

Also, what the heck is the relationship between Pen Whitmore (Desmond's ex-girlfriend) and those two guys monitoring electro magnetic activity? I can't really make sense of that one.

Rye
05-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I think that "Henry Gale" is the leader of the Others. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of him. Despite falling asleep at the end of the finale (I hate being sick and drowsy from medicine. ;__;), I know all of what happened and I was shocked. I love Desmond. I wonder if that button is also what's keeping boats from leaving, some how.

Mythra
05-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Desmon's girlfriend or whatever said she has alot of money so when he went missing, she probably started that thing to keep track of electro-magnetic anomalies to try and find him. At least thats my guess. Also, whats with the statue? I think that is pretty significant, Sayid pointed it out and was wondering why there were only 4 toes and where the rest of the statue was. Next season should be good.

Cid
05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, she has a lot of money, but how on earth would she know to associate electro magnetic activity with Desmond?

Also, I think the 4 toed statue has something to do with evolution and adaptation... all going back to the Dharma stuff.

Kirobaito
05-25-2006, 05:41 PM
That was an awesome episode.

Finally some things were clarified, as in, the button does matter and why Flight 815 crashed.

The impression was certainly that Henry Gale is the leader of the Others.

Locke and Eko can't POSSIBLY be dead. I'm pretty sure Desmond was supposed to become a main character in season 3, so something else must have happened when the key was turned. Like the shutdown of the magnet caused an enormous electromagnetic pulse, which doesn't hurt human flesh. But that doesn't explain the hatch door flying off.

Rye
05-25-2006, 07:42 PM
I will sob if Mr. Eko and Desmond die. They are so amazingly cool. I'm not too much of a Locke fan anymore, but we need him on the show.

RyanML
05-25-2006, 07:47 PM
awesome episode... when is season 3

Miriel
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Pretty good season finale.

I laughed when I saw that 4-toed statue, it reminded me instantly of The Simpsons.

I don't even want to begin to speculate about the nature of the island. But I don't really buy into the whole electromagnetic system failure thing. Because even if that was the cause of the plane's crash. It doesn't explain how everyone on the plane and on the island are so interconnected.

Slothy
05-25-2006, 10:53 PM
But I don't really buy into the whole electromagnetic system failure thing. Because even if that was the cause of the plane's crash. It doesn't explain how everyone on the plane and on the island are so interconnected.

I think it's fairly clear that was likely the cause of the crash, but that doesn't mean fate, or god, or whatever people are speculating is guiding the lives of these people didn't plan it that way.

Anyway, I thought it was a great finale. Though it'd be nice if Michael developed a conscience, I could honestly see them letting him get away from the island and taking Walt with him. Fact is, that kid's not going to stay looking that young much longer, and since it's only supposed to have been weeks since the plane crash, they've got to take him off the show permanently at some point.

Dreddz
05-25-2006, 11:17 PM
It explained alot, but an anti-climax IMO. Most Lost episodes end with a cliff hanger of some sort, and I was expecting a completely mind blowing twist at the end that would shock everyone and get me drooling over Season 3 already, but it just left me with a question mark over my head.

Im not enjoying lost as much as I used too, just too much going on, the black smoke monster thing, Polar Bears ( although Im sure they have something to do with those guys in the artic ), 4 toe'd feet statues, obsession with taking Kids and the connection with Hurley and the numbers. Seriously, it frustrates me on how little they are telling us.
I am looking forward to Season 3, but those writers should really get there act together.

Moon Rabbits
05-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Quite the episode indeed.

Perhaps the men in the artic weren't saying they found Desmond, but the Island itself? Maybe Pen has something to do with Dharma, with or against I dunno.

I liked when the sky turned violet :)

Henry Gale I think is the leader of the others, or he's pretty high up...but why would he be in the forest rsiking his neck if he was the leader?

I wish Charlie would hurry up and die.

I'm pretty sure Desmond is dead, it'd ruin the dramatic-ness of that scene if he wasn't.

LunarWeaver
05-25-2006, 11:28 PM
If he shut off the electromagnet thing, is the island's special "healing properties" gone too?

And couldn't Michael have come up with a better plan. I mean, all he had to do was bring 4 people across an island, and the best he could come up with is "I know, I'll shoot everybody."

Anywho, I don't think Henry is the leader because of his "Oh him, he's NOBODY" comment... But surely he was lying a lot so. I think the others work for a greater force of some kind...Maybe... I dunno. Don't listen to me.

I wonder if they will send out a search party and more people will get trapped on the island now.

Desmond and company may be dead, but that doesn't mean they're out either I guess. Flashbacks can always give you screentime. I feel like Locke and Mr. Eko were kinda done though, so maybe they croaked.

Rye
05-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm loving Lost now more than ever before, personally. :)

I think that "The Others" are renegades against pushing the button or something like that. Or possibly ex-button pushers. They probably were fighting the Dharma Project, rather than running it. I'm extremely curious about Ms. Clu. She's such an interesting character. Next season will probably be backstories of the Others.

Dreddz
05-25-2006, 11:33 PM
I think the others arent as bad as we think, they mention there the good guys, so there has to be bad guys right? Well, I think the people behind the whole experiment thing going on down the hatch are who they are fighting.
What I really want to know is why they chose Jack Kate and Sawyer, and not Hurley. Are they special in some way ? Maybe the others want them to join and fight Dharma with them, im clueless.

LunarWeaver
05-25-2006, 11:35 PM
The Others could be good, but nobody who's bad thinks they're bad.Villains always think they're the justified ones.

Rye
05-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I think the others arent as bad as we think, they mention there the good guys, so there has to be bad guys right? Well, I think the people behind the whole experiment thing going on down the hatch are who they are fighting.

Yeah, I agree. I think they're fighting against the Dharma Project people. It might explain why they won't leave, despite knowing how and having the means to leave. They want to stay and fight.

Dreddz
05-25-2006, 11:40 PM
I think Dharma are the ones wanting children, they took Claire while pregnant, and French Ladies Daughter saved her right? Maybe they took Walt to protect him from Dharma :confused:

Griff
05-25-2006, 11:49 PM
it was a good episode, but i didn't like at the end where charlie didn't seem worried about locke and eko at all. it kind of makes it obvious that they survived.

also i think the reason the others had hurley brought out just to send him back was partly as an experiment to see how the big guy does on his own and partly as a failsafe in case micheal does try to come back, because hurley will have already told everyone everything and no one will trust him.

Miriel
05-26-2006, 12:12 AM
But I don't really buy into the whole electromagnetic system failure thing. Because even if that was the cause of the plane's crash. It doesn't explain how everyone on the plane and on the island are so interconnected.

I think it's fairly clear that was likely the cause of the crash, but that doesn't mean fate, or god, or whatever people are speculating is guiding the lives of these people didn't plan it that way.

I don't think it's pretty clear. I think it's a possibility, but I don't think it's an absolute.

I'm on the "flashbacks never really happened" camp. Because there's waaaay too many coincidences, way too many chances of fate for any of it to be real. I think it's all in their heads. Or it's all part of the experiment.

Croyles
05-26-2006, 03:52 AM
I am so annoyed at the end of this season, i thought this would be THE END and everything would get explained! I didnt know anything about a 3rd season. What the hell is going on?
I wanted everything to end on the second season.
It really frustrates me on how little they are telling us.

The only theory i can be bothered to write: Pen's father is running the Dharma initiative.

Del Murder
05-26-2006, 04:03 AM
I also think the flashbacks aren't real, or, they aren't exactly how it went down. Perhaps they are memories that the characters are having and they are inserting recent people and events into them.

I don't think the Others are 'good' or 'bad'. They just are who they are. Obviously with three main characters being held by them I'm sure a lot more about them will be revealed next season. They certainly don't act like they are evil, just that they have their own agenda. They let Michael and Walt go free at least, though anything can happen with them. I think that's the real Walt, and that he's gone for good, and that Michael may or may not be back with some new story. They have an open end there, but the kid's getting too old. Henry is possibly the leader, but I still say Jack's dad is behind it all! It seems fishy that the leader would be wandering through the woods alone.

I think the hatch blew up or something blew up in it. Desmond is probably dead, but the other two are probably alive. Maybe they haven't signed their contracts yet. I hope Des gets written back in somehow because I liked him.

I'm not even going to try and speculate what Desmond's girlfriend has to do with the electromagnetic stuff. The writers probably don't even have that all figured out yet.

That four toed statue was just plain silly.

Kirobaito
05-26-2006, 04:40 AM
I am so annoyed at the end of this season, i thought this would be THE END and everything would get explained! I didnt know anything about a 3rd season. What the hell is going on?

The only theory i can be bothered to write: Pen's father is running the Dharma initiative.
Alvar Hanso is running the Dharma Initiative. Mr. Widmore does run a laboratory, though, the same one that manufactured the pregnancy test that Sun uses in Episode 216 "The Whole Truth." However, I haven't seen a connection between Hansocorp and Widmore Labs.

I'm pretty sure that Des was signed for Season 3 as a main character.

We still don't know how Locke got his legs messed up.

Those men in the Arctic were speaking Portuguese.

Shine On...
05-26-2006, 04:49 AM
I thought that was a great Finale, also I think that the statue was a great idea, but when Sayhid said that it had four toes I was a little mad, I think that he should be caring WHY IT IS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! He never even mentioned that.

Also, those guys in the arctic, well don't the poles of the earth have a magnetic pull? That is just too much of a coincidence what with the hatch being magnetic and all.

Desmond, Locke, and Eko better not be dead, (although I must say, Locke and Eko made me a bit pissed because they were acting like such idiots, though Desmond was strangely, one of the best characters that episode)

I think that Micheal won't get away, It would just be too...simple, I think that the magnetic pull will ruin the compass and he will slowly go in a circle, or at least I hope he doesn't get away...

LunarWeaver
05-26-2006, 04:53 AM
The Others had a list of people they thought were "good", and they call themselves "good" all the time. Maybe they are. Maybe they sent Michael straight to Dharma with those coordinates and not to help like they said for what he did. Maybe they can't leave the island because Dharma is out there waiting OoOoOoOh.

The real culprit is the dog. The dog is SATAN

Cid
05-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Why in the world are you guys questioning the accuracy of the flashbacks or the coincidences? OF COURSE they happened. That's the whole point of the show... that everyone is interconnected. I think that is one thing that doesn't really need to be analyzed.

Also, one thing that pissed me off about this episode was the fact that Desmond went along with Locke to see what would happen when the timer ran out, YET HE HAD SEEN WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE! Why did he even question it? Because Locke had a tape that said they were being watched? That's silly. He should have said, "Gee, I remember we let it run out before and some magnetic craziness started happening." That was stupid.

Miriel
05-26-2006, 08:22 AM
Why in the world are you guys questioning the accuracy of the flashbacks or the coincidences? OF COURSE they happened. That's the whole point of the show... that everyone is interconnected. I think that is one thing that doesn't really need to be analyzed.

Are you serious?

I think that the flashbacks are one of the #1 things you have to consider about the show. One of the most interesting theories I've heard about the nature of the island is that it's all a social experiement. Memories were implanted in these people's brains to see how they would act depending on what their memories told them about their past.

If someone was implanted with memories of being a doctor, would they be capable of performing the duties of a doctor, even if those memories aren't really his? It's a really interesting way to look at things.

I guess you can be of the opinion that these flashbacks as well as everything that happens on the Island is real. But I don't think they are because everything is too supernatural to be real.

The writers have confirmed that the Island is NOT purgatory, and it's not St. Elsewhere-esque either (for those of you who don't know, the medical drama St. Elsewhere ended with the whole thing turning out to have happened in a snowglobe in the mind of an autistic child). But obviously they're thinking somewhere along those lines, that everything that is happening in Lost is not happening in the "real" world.

Who knows, maybe it's all a dream. Maybe they're all in a psychiatric institution. Maybe it's a scientific experiement. Maybe it's something like the Truman Show.

How can you not question the flashbacks and the coincidences when they're so integral to the storyline?

Croyles
05-26-2006, 01:58 PM

Alvar Hanso is running the Dharma Initiative. Mr. Widmore does run a laboratory, though, the same one that manufactured the pregnancy test that Sun uses in Episode 216 "The Whole Truth." However, I haven't seen a connection between Hansocorp and Widmore Labs.

Yeah but hasnt like nearly no one seen Hanso? There would be more than one person running it anyway.
Im more inclined to say that the flashbacks are real, but I guess there is the possibility that everyone is infected and thats why they are seeing things. But.....nah...

Rye
05-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Also, though people probably picked up on this one, I think all the monsters on the island were created by Walt. There were polar bears, and he had a polar bear comic. He seems to make things come up when he's under stress (like when he made that bird appear because of his Mom's boyfriend), and it would check out, because I remember him being stuck in some kind of tree and upset, and then a polar bear appeared. It may be possible that The Others wanted Walt because they may have wanted him to make monsters for their protection. Just a thought. :)

Del Murder
05-26-2006, 03:21 PM
I wonder if they'll ever explain Walt's powers or even use that storyline again now that he's getting to old to play that character.

Croyles
05-26-2006, 03:49 PM
I think the polar bear has something to do with those two blokes who were monitoring electromagnetism levels.

Cid
05-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Nah, the polar bear was because of Walt and his comic book. I thought the writers made thta pretty obvious.

Croyles
05-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes thats more likely, but i'm just trying to think of something fresh ^^
Im getting less and less susceptible to the whole supernatural theme. Because more and more of the storyline has been gearing towards experiments etc

Cid
05-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I guess the whole appeal of Lost is the fact that nothing is certain.

Croyles
05-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Do you think they make it up as they go along? Dont get me wrong I love the show but it seems that way sometimes... It has very odd pacing. It keeps stalling then speeding up and stalling again.

Cid
05-26-2006, 06:38 PM
I think some things they make up as they go along and others they don't. They said that before the pilot aired they had the first 5 or 6 seasons of the show planned out.

Croyles
05-26-2006, 06:39 PM
5 or 6 seasons? Wow...
And here I was last year watching the first season and thinking its the only one. No wonder i got frustrated.

Dreddz
05-26-2006, 06:50 PM
What ticks me off the most is what they have done to Libby, her story seems the most intresting, big buisness women to wacko in a nut house. How can they finish off her story when she is now dead.

Rye
05-26-2006, 06:51 PM
What ticks me off the most is what they have done to Libby, her story seems the most intresting, big buisness women to wacko in a nut house. How can they finish off her story when she is now dead.

I think she's going to live through flashbacks (like in Desmond's and Hurley's), hopefully. I want to know her story too!

LunarWeaver
05-26-2006, 06:58 PM

I think she's going to live through flashbacks (like in Desmond's and Hurley's), hopefully. I want to know her story too!

TVGuide this week (or maybe it was last week's issue... I'm too much of a nerd to keep information straight anymore) said Libby is signed to do more episodes for next season already and her whole story will be explained. I'm quite curious about her myself ~_^

Dreddz
05-26-2006, 07:01 PM
I thought she got killed off forever. Seeing as Ana got killed off due to the actor getting in a drink & drive incident, I always thought she got the same call, seeing as the actor got caught D&D on the same night!
Guess im wrong :mad:

LunarWeaver
05-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I thought she got killed off forever. Seeing as Ana got killed off due to the actor getting in a drink & drive incident, I always thought she got the same call, seeing as the actor got caught D&D on the same night!
Guess im wrong :mad:

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I mean she is dead forever, they said she's only signed on for flashbacks, so she wont miraculously ressurect or anything. I have clarity issues, nobody ever knows what the crazy I'm talking about.

Cid
05-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Coincidental as it may be, they weren't killed off because of the drunk driving. Ana Lucia said she knew when she signed on that she was getting killed off.

Croyles
05-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Why would she have been signed off for drink driving anyway? Is that any of the cast/crews business? If she got caught, she got fined, end of story isnt it? Or do they not want to publicise michele because they think she is a bad influence or what?

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I think that Micheal won't get away, It would just be too...simple, I think that the magnetic pull will ruin the compass and he will slowly go in a circle, or at least I hope he doesn't get away...

I dont think so either, sayed tried using a compas on the island...it didnt work and when 'henry gale' mentioned that even if michael did tell them he wouldnt come back and that if he did they'll find out about what he did i knew he might not be leaving so easily...i think the 'they' he was refering was the other 815 survivors!

And the writers said that libbys stories will be told through other peoples flash backs which is interesting! I didnt see her death comming cause the only flashback of hers i saw was the one with her in the mental institution.

Desmond rocked, locke was stupid (even if he saw the logical point of view of things he still came of as idiotic to me), eko is cool but the guy is cooky, im glad for charley and i dont like michael...(justifying killing people to get his son back...yikes)!

Great finale, interesting ending....no idea what the whole thing about penny is about but i guess ill wait till season 3 to find out

Loony BoB
05-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Finally watched it. I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I just have to say that I totally called them pulling a Usual Suspects on us and having Henry being in charge of the other guys. I mean, it was like he was exactly the same character from that movie.

EDIT: That's not to say he's the leader, but that he was in charge of the other people.

EDIT: Okay, I'm totally with Cid with regards to the flashbacks. Why would Hurley have flashbacks of what is and isn't happening with regards to his imaginary friend? I think having them all made-up would totally ruin the show. That would be on par with saying "Haha, they're all part of the Matrix!!!" Seriously, now.

Another thing I want to know is what was in the hatch the Others were guarding. It was obviously not very big, because the hatch was only the size of a wardrobe.

It should also be noted that if the Others are actually fighting against the people who abducted the pregnant chick (words fail me at the moment) then why was all the costume stuff in the same room that they were taken to? And if they are the good guys, why is the daughter of the French girl with them, clearly siding against them? Is that an act, too? They can't overdo it or it'll just get to be annoying.

Dreddz
05-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Why would she have been signed off for drink driving anyway? Is that any of the cast/crews business? If she got caught, she got fined, end of story isnt it? Or do they not want to publicise michele because they think she is a bad influence or what?
Well, the actor playing Shannon got into a spot of trouble and got killed off. Dont you find it a little odd that every actor that has got into trouble outside the studio is getting killed off ?