PDA

View Full Version : More than 3 FFXIII games

sexymonkey
05-25-2006, 10:46 AM
hello! i just read over at ign, that there could be as many as three more entries to the fabula nova crystallis, thats six in total, yey!! no details yet though, and they have not officially been announced, so fingers crossed!!

Crossblades
05-25-2006, 01:54 PM
How about posting the source eh?

Never mind I'll do it

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/709/709914p1.html

If the promise of three separate games in the Final Fantasy XIII universe wasn't enough, we've got some good news for you. Square Enix plans on taking the Fabula Nova Crystallis project beyond the three titles that were announced at E3.

Speaking at a financial briefing in Tokyo today, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada hinted that further projects could be in the works for the new mini series. Wada displayed a chart noting the three announced Fabula Nova Crystallis titles along with three empty holes representing future projects. The chart was likely just for illustrative purposes, as Square Enix hasn't announce a specific number of planned projects, but Wada made clear that in addition to non game-related goods, additional games are a possibility.
Wada suggested that gamers picture something like Star Wars or Gundam, where a number of different creators give their personal touch to separate projects that all take place in the same world.

As an example, Wada cited Final Fantasy VII, which nearly a decade after its original PlayStation release, was revived in the Compilation of Final Fantasy series, featuring the Advent Children DVD and multiple game releases across multiple platforms. Just as the FFVII series was centered on the original FFVII game, Fabula Nova Crystallis is centered around the main PS3 Final Fantasy XIII title. The difference here, of course, is that FFXIII was designed from the start with multiple projects in mind.

Wada referred to FFVII as a 50 billion yen level project. In contrast, he referred to the Fabula Nova Crystallis project as being on the scale of 100 billion yen.

Sounds like we can expect a lot of FFXIII to come.

sexymonkey
05-25-2006, 01:58 PM
dont be a geek, a said i found it at ign, if your to lazy to type a few letters into a search engine thats your problem, not mine

Crossblades
05-25-2006, 02:02 PM
dont be a geek, a said i found it at ign, if your to lazy to type a few letters into a search engine thats your problem, not mine

When making threads like these, it's ALWAYS necessary to post a source that way you're proving to people that you have proof. Just saying where you got it from doesn't cut it

sexymonkey
05-25-2006, 02:03 PM
it isnt ALWAYS necessary, i didn't!

crazybayman
05-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Jeepers, its ok. There's nothing wrong with posting the link. Actually, even better he even went as far as to paste the article into his post. It made me read it. I wasn't about to go looking around IGN for some article :p .

sexymonkey
05-25-2006, 02:08 PM
i love ign!! it has everything you will ever need! it has enlightened my life!

Croyles
05-25-2006, 06:11 PM
i love ign!! it has everything you will ever need! it has enlightened my life!

ehhhh...sure.
Anyway, i dont really want them to make 3 more titles, that just seems like their not gonna focus as much on the main title, which is all I really care about. Unless of course they've got so many different workers at hand.

crono_logical
05-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Maybe they'll make 13 games in this set :D

rubah
05-25-2006, 06:30 PM
sexymonkey, it *is* considered good ettiquette to post sources when talking about games with lots of rumors going around for them (from lack of information) just so people can actually believe you.

And don't be rude neither:p

Khaotic
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow, thats just.. way too much.

jj984jj
05-25-2006, 11:48 PM
6? WTF? I don't like all this milking S-E is doing as of late. I want more original games like Kingdom Hearts and sequels to other franchises like the Vagrant Story series. I mean I don't mind FFXII and FFvXII, but why 6? That's just too many imo.

sexymonkey
05-25-2006, 11:56 PM
just found out that square enix has filed for registered (on may 1st) for the trademark:

Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis:_Final_Fantasy_XIII

now i know this is from wiki, which can turn out to be a load of bull, but i dont see why this would be wrong

from the dictionary it says haeresis is latin for:
A) An opinion or a doctrine at variance with established religious beliefs, especially dissension from or denial of Roman Catholic dogma by a professed believer or baptized church member.
B) Adherence to such dissenting opinion or doctrine.
C) A controversial or unorthodox opinion or doctrine, as in politics, philosophy, or science.
D) Adherence to such controversial or unorthodox opinion.

Moon Rabbits
05-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Hey look I'm Square Enix!

CONSUMERISMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Khisanth
05-29-2006, 05:13 AM
What a gamble Square is taking...
Admittedly there are FF games that have been more accepted than others. Despite what some fans of FFIX will say, it may not have been as popular as some of the other titles due to its unique retro look. FFVIII too was not as popular as FFX/FFX-2, and of course, comes nowhere close to FFVII's popularity.
My point is this... what if the FFXIII collection is not accepted as warmly as Square hopes? Three games and possibly more!?! If the series does not capture the minds and hearts of FF fanatics with the first salvo, what will that mean for the rest of the games? Square is committing a lot of resources to this project, crossing platforms and possibly genres... Here's hoping that the gamble pays off...

Dark Paladin
05-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I heard there was only two different ones coming out. FFXIII and FF Versus XIII. Both with a different set of characters and set in a completely different world, but the stories are went to interweave with eachother. But not 100% sure.

I'm sure it'll be awesome all the same.

Croyles
05-29-2006, 03:54 PM
No there are definitely at least 3. FFXIII, FF Versus XIII and FFXIII Agito.
Then theres the business of 3 further titles being signed...

Dark Paladin
05-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, i only heard about the ones for PS3. Its an awesome idea though.