PDA

View Full Version : FFIX Challenges

Skyie
05-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I was browsing gamefaqs.com a while ago and found some challenges to increase the longevity of the game:

Attack/Item only, the names says it all.

No Equipment, where you only use your initial equipment

Level One Ozma, guess what this one is

Single Character, use only one character to complete the game

I've done the Single character with both Zidane and Quina. Currently going through the level one Ozma challenge but as soon as I get into the first forced fight (Gizamaluke's Grotto) I can't do. Its so annoying!

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Ok. :D

TheSpoonyBard
05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
If you stole the Needle Fork from the Zahgnol during the Festival you should be able to Petrify enemies with Quina. Make sure she's got Add Status though. Put her in the back row so she doesn't kill them outright, and equip her with stuff that increases her Spirit as this will increase the chance of the status hitting.

Cid Vicious
05-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Why don't you do the Excalibre 2 challenge. That's a tough one.

StarChild
05-25-2006, 06:44 PM
never tried the excalibre 2 challenge, but maybe if I actually can find time.

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Only takes 12 hours ;)

Also, it's Excalibur.

Skyie
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
If you stole the Needle Fork from the Zahgnol during the Festival you should be able to Petrify enemies with Quina. Make sure she's got Add Status though. Put her in the back row so she doesn't kill them outright, and equip her with stuff that increases her Spirit as this will increase the chance of the status hitting.

Yeah, I did, but they keep using Fire and it kills Quina out right anyway. I don't have enough cash for all those Pheonix Downs and Potions either. I guess I need to play more Chocobo Hot and Cold.