PDA

View Full Version : Worms

Brian The Pink Shark
05-25-2006, 10:48 PM
any fans of the worms series out there

ive personnaly played Worms, Worms Armaggedon and worms 3D (which i thought was crap)

i love the range of hillarious arsenal in the games and the interesting noises the worms make, definetly the best multiplayer series ever :choc:

Lost Number
05-25-2006, 10:52 PM
HELLYEAH! WORMS PWNS!
It was the simple idea made it good. So 3D suckd

Shoden
05-25-2006, 10:57 PM
I liked 3D, but it had too much. I personally didn't like what they did to the voices in World Party and Armageddon. Holy Hand Grenade, Mad Cow, Old Woman, Sheep, Banana Bomb. Skunk, Kamikaze and Suicide bomber were also good.

Samuraid
05-26-2006, 03:42 AM
My brother owns Worms World Party, which looks like a lot of fun to play.

SammieBabe
05-26-2006, 03:45 AM
Worms Aramgeddon was the single greatest stress relief ever. I loved the 'Angry Scots' voice setting....:D

Rase
05-26-2006, 04:14 AM
Worms Aramgeddon was the single greatest stress relief ever. I loved the 'Angry Scots' voice setting....:D

:up:

Yeah, Worms is a great series. Really though, it needs to stay in 2D, in my opinion. Simple things like firing a bazooka became overly complicated in the third dimension.

Worms Armegeddon is probably my favorite of them all. :D

Big D
05-26-2006, 05:02 AM
There are regular Worms World Party tournaments at my flat... they tend to go for half the night. Awesome stuff.

Concrete Donkey for the win.

I'm still hoping to find a copy of Worms Armageddon for the PlayStation, but in years of searching I haven't found one in the shops...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-26-2006, 09:27 AM
I completely underestimated the game before until I acquired a demo of it

Brian The Pink Shark
05-26-2006, 09:35 AM
There are regular Worms World Party tournaments at my flat... they tend to go for half the night. Awesome stuff.

Concrete Donkey for the win.

I'm still hoping to find a copy of Worms Armageddon for the PlayStation, but in years of searching I haven't found one in the shops...

i recently bought a copy over the net, but it never arrived, ive been searching town for weeks for it now :( :choc:

Meat Puppet
05-26-2006, 10:08 AM
I've only played that game a few times in my life, and those times are years past. I was never good at it and always lost, but I remember it being a load of fun.

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Worms 1 to Worms World Party were awesome. I absolutely love those games. But I think the new 3D Worms games were pretty lame, though.

Dreddz
05-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Worms at one point was the only game I owned, so I played it alot. It was a good series, but going 3D ruined the series, Instead of going 3D, it could of just be ported to mobiles and Handhelds only, and keep its great gameplay.

Zante
05-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Love those games, I remember playing the realy old one on my first comp when I was little. Had loads of fun with that one.

Cz
05-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Bloody fantastic to this day. Worms is one of the few games where you can truly say that no two rounds are ever the same, and as a result it's some of the best multiplayer fun you can have.

Mittopotahis
05-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Worms has got to be the most awesome game ever. I love it. Armegeddon is my favourite, by far.

Psychotic
05-27-2006, 01:58 AM
I've been meaning to do an EoFF round of worms, with EoFF-related teams. I have to get onto that.

I've always loved this game, ever since I got it for my....oooh...must've been 7th or 8th birthday, back on the Amiga. Worms Armageddon is tops.

Mirage
05-27-2006, 02:04 AM
I used to play quite a lot of Worms Armageddon, and later World Party. However, it's no fun unless you've got human opponents, preferrably in the same room as you, so you can slap them when you win/lose. :)

Shoeberto
05-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Worms is effin' brilliant.

Madame Adequate
05-27-2006, 03:33 AM
Worms is totally awesome. I own Armageddon, but I don't think it actually works anymore. The War of the Worlds parody for the title music is inspired, too. xD Never played 3D, but I would guess it wasn't so hot. Though Hogs of War did it pretty well, IMO.

Craig
05-27-2006, 11:22 AM
The first one is cool. I hate the rest.

Cz
05-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Worms is totally awesome. I own Armageddon, but I don't think it actually works anymore. The War of the Worlds parody for the title music is inspired, too. xD Never played 3D, but I would guess it wasn't so hot. Though Hogs of War did it pretty well, IMO.This is true. Hogs of War was a fine game. Not on the same level as Armageddon was, but more fun than any of the 3D Worms offerings so far.

Plus, you gotta love that intro video. :D

Slade
05-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I've played the first Worms and own Worms World Party. WWP is great. Its hilarious, one of my all time favorite boredom buster games :D

Gau Dude
05-27-2006, 04:12 PM
I love Worms.
Especially "Armaggedon" and "World Party". I got to hear worms insulting in English, Spanish, AND Hebrew!

Shoden
05-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Playing World party now, found new weapons. Patsy's magic bullet, Super banana bomb, nuclear test, sal army and scales of justice. I wanted concrete donkey!